If the CPU is the Brain..

BabyPCMR

Would i be correct in saying the GPU is the eyes? Don't ask me why but it's crucial that I don't use this analogy incorrectly haha.

Thanks pals.

13 minutes ago, BabyPCMR said:

Would i be correct in saying the GPU is the eyes

The monitor is the canvas, the GPU is the artist who paints

There is more that meets the eye
I see the soul that is inside

Just now, SCHISCHKA said:

no your web cam is the eyes.

GPU & CPU would be the cerebral cortex.

I don't need to go that in depth for what im doing haha, good idea though

a graphics card is essentially an entire computer on its own.

gpu- processor

video memory- memory

pcb - motherboard

Snorlax: i7 5820k @4.5ghz, Asus X99 Pro, 32gb Corsair Vengeance LPX 2666, Cryorig R1 Ultimate, Samsung 850 evo 500gb, Asus GTX 1080 ROG Strix, Corsair RM850x, NZXT H440, Hue+

Smallsnor: Huawei Matebook X

Canon AE-1 w/ 50mm f/1.8 lens

Pentax KM w/ 55mm f/1.8 SMC lens

Zenit-E w/ 58mm f/2 Helios lens

Panasonic G7 with 14-42mm f/3.5 lens

Polaroid Spectra System

Does anyone know a good analogy for a motherboard? I can't seem to grasp a very good one.

2 minutes ago, BabyPCMR said:

Does anyone know a good analogy for a motherboard? I can't seem to grasp a very good one.

skeleton. everything depends on it.

☼

ψ ︿_____︿_ψ_   

34 minutes ago, BabyPCMR said:

I don't need to go that in depth for what im doing haha, good idea though

how about the mouth or vocal cords; the communication output.

☼

ψ ︿_____︿_ψ_   

I would call the motherboard the central nervous system. It delivers the information from all the other body parts to the brain.

Best Excuses:

#1(simple) "Well, I never liked that stupid thing anyway!"

#2(complex) "Obviously there was a flaw in the material, probably due to the inadvertent introduction of contaminants during the manufacturing process."

1 minute ago, MadModder said:

I would call the motherboard the central nervous system. It delivers the information from all the other body parts to the brain.

i'd call the cables more. but some parts can be connected without cables (ie cpu/gpu/ram) but if one were to use a pcie riser or sata cables

9 minutes ago, deXxterlab97 said:

i'd call the cables more. but some parts can be connected without cables (ie cpu/gpu/ram) but if one were to use a pcie riser or sata cables

But cables aren't connected to the CPU (if the cpu is the brain). They are connected to the motherboard. Actually the entire computer is the brain, and the case is the skull. All the different parts of a computer can be associated with how a brain works. GPU processes optical info, audio card processes aural info, storage = long term memory, ram = short term memory, etc., etc.

Best Excuses:

#1(simple) "Well, I never liked that stupid thing anyway!"

#2(complex) "Obviously there was a flaw in the material, probably due to the inadvertent introduction of contaminants during the manufacturing process."

9 hours ago, SCHISCHKA said:

skeleton. everything depends on it.

Peripheral nervous system.

I deal in shitposts and shitpost accessories.

The motherboard is the nervous system.  The Ram is the brain, the cpu is the heart, The SSD is the liver.  The mechanical HD is the stomach.  The graphics card is the penis, because everybody wants the biggest one.  The video out is the anus, because that's where you watch all the crap come out.    And of course, the floppy connector is the appendix, because nobody knows what it is for nowadays.

I've always thought of the motherboard as the spine/central nervous system, the PSU as the heart, storage as long term memory, CPU, GPU & RAM as short term memory. I really like other people's take on all this.

CPU: Core i7 4970K | MOBO: Asus Z87 Pro | RAM: 32GBs of G.Skill Ares 1866 | GPU: MSI GAMING X GTX 1070 | STOR: 2 X Crucial BX100 250GB, 2 x WD Blk 1TB (mirror),WD Blk 500GB | CASE: Cooler Master HAF 932 Advanced | PSU: EVGA SUPERNOVA G2 750W | COOL: Cooler Master Hyper T4 | DISP: 21" 1080P POS | KB: MS Keyboard | MAU5: Redragon NEMEANLION | MIC: Snowball Blue | OS: Win 8.1 Pro x64, (Working on Arch for dual boot) |

15 minutes ago, bomberblyat said:

cpu = brains

gpu eyes

motherboard =body

sound card = ears

cd thingy =. mouth

:D

Nice xD

CPU is the Brain (also in situations the GPU)

GPU would be the eyes

Mobo would be in my mind, the Nervous system. (Literally the definition of sending electrical signals to every other part of the "body")

PSU is the heart

Cables are the veins

RAM is short term memory (stuff that you remember about today)

HDD/SSD is long term memory

Case is the body

CPU cooler is the body sweating

UPS would be kidney's

Monitor's would be the face

Keyboard/mouse would be skin (brain can sense inputs from skin and can distinguished something touching its arm versus its legs)

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

Instead of a body analogy I tend to use a city analogy.

CPU - Town Hall where most important decisions are made and deligate tasks

GPU - The creative arts center!  Most visual tasks handled here
RAM - Those circle roundabouts for traffic flow - I guess a better analogy could be billboards that have information on them that easily switches out

Mobo - The roads routing to these different places

PSU - Power supply "company"

HDD - The homes of the civilians "stored" in the city, The whole city can only handle as many homes their are in the city to "store" people in it.

I imagine using analogies like this for electronic components on the entire computer is how the concept of the movie Tron was developed back in the "grassroots" of computer technology in the 80s.

The GPU is the PC equivalent of a Chinese Sweatshop, with each shader core being an individual poorly paid worker.

My eyes see the past…

My camera lens sees the present…

ok, I'm going to point the elephant in the room that everyone wants to know.

If a pc has human parts....so whats the genitalia part?

I have no shame.

I would actually compare it to the muscles( and potentially the spine) , as it does all the heavy lifting, but relies on the cpu for everything. It's not an input device, so i would not compare it to eyes tbh. 

AMD Ryzen R7 1700 (3.8ghz) w/ NH-D14, EVGA RTX 2080 XC (stock), 4*4GB DDR4 3000MT/s RAM, Gigabyte AB350-Gaming-3 MB, CX750M PSU, 1.5TB SDD + 7TB HDD, Phanteks enthoo pro case

7 minutes ago, Stadiz said:

ok, I'm going to point the elephant in the room that everyone wants to know.

If a pc has human parts....so whats the genitalia part?

I have no shame.

Software? 

AMD Ryzen R7 1700 (3.8ghz) w/ NH-D14, EVGA RTX 2080 XC (stock), 4*4GB DDR4 3000MT/s RAM, Gigabyte AB350-Gaming-3 MB, CX750M PSU, 1.5TB SDD + 7TB HDD, Phanteks enthoo pro case