Why you no like anime ?

Eduard the weeb

So I know a lot of people just hate anime and everything it stands for BUT WHY can you anime hater please explain why you hate anime ( also I get that the culture can be fucking nuts )

Ex frequent user here, still check in here occasionally. I stopped being a weeb in 2018 lol

For a reply please quote or  @Eduard the weeb me :D

Xayah Main in Lol, trying to learn Drums and guitar. Know how to film do photography, can do basic video editing

Well, I don't hate anime. I really can't build up any emotion for anime as a cultural genre.

I pretty see anime as any other entertainment medium. There might be some good stuff (Cowboy Bebop comes to mind), but there's also a ton of shit. Just like with any other form of entertainment.

However, my wife is a pretty big anime fan.

Nova doctrina terribilis sit perdere

Audio format guides: Vinyl records | Cassette tapes

It's not my thing, the current anime series are usually seem to have too much inside/self referential humor for me.

The art style is not appealing to me personally, most of the character designs are too similar. The backgrounds are usually quite awesome (dry) paintings though!

Personally I am more into western cartoons because I can more easily relate to them. I am not familiar enough with the Japanese culture..

Also; drawing on 2's/12fps nuuuuuu :'( 

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

i tried my hand at Death Note and even the classic Neon Genesis: Evangelion series and Akira.

i get why people like it, i really do. the stories can be entertaining and quite gripping to be honest. it's just that i can't really 'get into it' as i would with a series like Dexter or Game of Thrones. i think it's just the cartoony nature of it all, dispite the sometimes grave stories.

15 minutes ago, Eduard the weeb said:

So I know a lot of people just hate anime and everything it stands for BUT WHY can you anime hater please explain why you hate anime ( also I get that the culture can be fucking nuts )

People have the right to hate things they don't like, don't approve, not a fan of? 

Intel® Core™ i7-12700 | GIGABYTE B660 AORUS MASTER DDR4 | Gigabyte Radeon™ RX 6650 XT Gaming OC | 32GB Corsair Vengeance® RGB Pro SL DDR4 | Samsung 990 Pro 1TB | WD Green 1.5TB | Windows 11 Pro | NZXT H510 Flow White
Sony MDR-V250 | GNT-500 | Logitech G610 Orion Brown | Logitech G402 | Samsung C27JG5 | ASUS ProArt PA238QR
iPhone 12 Mini (iOS 17.2.1) | iPhone XR (iOS 17.2.1) | iPad Mini (iOS 9.3.5) | KZ AZ09 Pro x KZ ZSN Pro X | Sennheiser HD450bt
Intel® Core™ i7-1265U | Kioxia KBG50ZNV512G | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Enterprise | HP EliteBook 650 G9
Intel® Core™ i5-8520U | WD Blue M.2 250GB | 1TB Seagate FireCuda | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Home | ASUS Vivobook 15 
Intel® Core™ i7-3520M | GT 630M | 16 GB Corsair Vengeance® DDR3 |
Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | macOS Catalina | Lenovo IdeaPad P580

"Guise animu is 4 kidz and dorks, I watched one episode of dubbed neruto nd it sux"

-every hater ever

Intel 4670K /w TT water 2.0 performer, GTX 1070FE, Gigabyte Z87X-DH3, Corsair HX750, 16GB Mushkin 1333mhz, Fractal R4 Windowed, Varmilo mint TKL, Logitech m310, HP Pavilion 23bw, Logitech 2.1 Speakers

Hate is a really strong word for something that doesn't really impact my life at all. But obvious dislikes would be that it's usually badly drawn and the hysterical over-pitched voices give me an instant headache (both of which can also be said of a lot of western cartoons that are currently popular).

Anyone who tells you that you can't do something is unimaginative and probably a coward.

I think most people's aversion to anime comes from what happens to get licensed in North America. The general populace only sees a small sliver of the genres available and doesn't realize the variety and breadth and art differences that exist. For everyone that sees a childish action anime, there's a dramatic, psychological thriller that they could watch, or a comedy, etc...

The other aspect that is often overlooked is that North American dubs are typically horrendous, turning a lot of people off; I've only seen maybe two animes where the dubs are acceptable. And in turn, that brings up another piece that turns people away is they just can't get used to watching/reading and still be engaged. For me, I find it pretty easy.

I like some of it.

But the fanbase is utter garbage.

I used to watch the original Pokemon series with my faithful feline companion Jamal.

When I found out the theme said "Gotta catch em all" not "Got a cat Jamal" I was shooken to my foundation. Meth was my only solace. I blame anime for everything that has happened afterwards. 

I hate this man: 

1 hour ago, BlueChinchillaEatingDorito said:

People have the right to hate things they don't like, don't approve, not a fan of? 

Just wsnted to know why some people have such I burning hate off anime.

Ex frequent user here, still check in here occasionally. I stopped being a weeb in 2018 lol

Xayah Main in Lol, trying to learn Drums and guitar. Know how to film do photography, can do basic video editing

1 hour ago, divito said:

I think most people's aversion to anime comes from what happens to get licensed in North America. The general populace only sees a small sliver of the genres available and doesn't realize the variety and breadth and art differences that exist. For everyone that sees a childish action anime, there's a dramatic, psychological thriller that they could watch, or a comedy, etc...

The other aspect that is often overlooked is that North American dubs are typically horrendous, turning a lot of people off; I've only seen maybe two animes where the dubs are acceptable. And in turn, that brings up another piece that turns people away is they just can't get used to watching/reading and still be engaged. For me, I find it pretty easy.

Actually i liked the death note dubbed but just my opinion.

7 minutes ago, Eduard the weeb said:

Just wsnted to know why some people have such I burning hate off anime.

They likely don't hate anime, but the fandom around it, and for good reason.

3 minutes ago, coolkingler1 said:

They likely don't hate anime, but the fandom around it, and for good reason.

I'm the same with LotR or Star Wars; the fandom has committed me to having never seen a movie.

2 minutes ago, divito said:

I'm the same with LotR or Star Wars; the fandom has committed me to having never seen a movie.

I don't know about those fandoms but I know the anime fandom is vicious, garbage, and every bad word you could possibly describe it with. 'You like this anime? I am literally a superior human being than you because I watch a different 'better' one', that's how those people think.

oh yeah and subtitles .. alot of folks despise reading words on screen and some series arent readily available dubbed

I think the ideas of animes are good (well, some of them), BUT the execution is bad. I was a "hater" but decided to try to watch attack on titan, and well, it has a lot of good points, but has a lot of fillers and unnecessary shit.

For me, series are ALWAYS superior and catch my attention way more. 

Ultra is stupid. ALWAYS.

32 minutes ago, Loot said:

oh yeah and subtitles .. alot of folks despise reading words on screen and some series arent readily available dubbed

This is absolutely a legitimate reason to dislike anime.  Also, a lot of dubs are actively harming the source material.

Intel 4670K /w TT water 2.0 performer, GTX 1070FE, Gigabyte Z87X-DH3, Corsair HX750, 16GB Mushkin 1333mhz, Fractal R4 Windowed, Varmilo mint TKL, Logitech m310, HP Pavilion 23bw, Logitech 2.1 Speakers

To be fair I hate most anime, I enjoy the concept of using animation to reach realism in fictional stories, the problem is that most do not cares about realism on it.

I love animes like CODE GEASS because those stories are rock solid could be any movie, game any thing and the animations allows that world to be real on its own right. But take some others that are completely crap I hate those.

Get to watch something recent and good is like so hard, I did like re:creators a lot, now that's an original story.

Personal Desktop":

CPU: Intel Core i7 10700K @5ghz |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock Pro 4 |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Z490UD ATX|~| RAM: 16gb DDR4 3333mhzCL16 G.Skill Trident Z |~| GPU: RX 6900XT Sapphire Nitro+ |~| PSU: Corsair TX650M 80Plus Gold |~| Boot:  SSD WD Green M.2 2280 240GB |~| Storage: 1x3TB HDD 7200rpm Seagate Barracuda + SanDisk Ultra 3D 1TB |~| Case: Fractal Design Meshify C Mini |~| Display: Toshiba UL7A 4K/60hz |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro.

Luna, the temporary Desktop:

CPU: AMD R9 7950XT  |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock 4 Pro |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Aorus Master |~| RAM: 32G Kingston HyperX |~| GPU: AMD Radeon RX 7900XTX (Reference) |~| PSU: Corsair HX1000 80+ Platinum |~| Windows Boot Drive: 2x 512GB (1TB total) Plextor SATA SSD (RAID0 volume) |~| Linux Boot Drive: 500GB Kingston A2000 |~| Storage: 4TB WD Black HDD |~| Case: Cooler Master Silencio S600 |~| Display 1 (leftmost): Eizo (unknown model) 1920x1080 IPS @ 60Hz|~| Display 2 (center): BenQ ZOWIE XL2540 1920x1080 TN @ 240Hz |~| Display 3 (rightmost): Wacom Cintiq Pro 24 3840x2160 IPS @ 60Hz 10-bit |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro (games / art) + Linux (distro: NixOS; programming and daily driver)

4 hours ago, Yoinkerman said:

"Guise animu is 4 kidz and dorks, I watched one episode of dubbed neruto nd it sux"

-every hater ever

Well, 4Kidz did ruin a lot of anime subs, though. (it joke)

Back on topic, I'm indifferent. Some anime catches my attention, a good majority don't. Classics like Sailor Moon and DBZ are anime I enjoyed as a kid and things like One Punch Man and Miss Kobayashi's Dragon Maid  today are nice. It's mostly I don't purposely go out of my way to watch anime. Now if Blizzard made more animations..I'd be totally down without hesitation! 

I think one of the things that doesn't make me hardcore about anime is the volume of cookie cutter anime with same face. You can only do so many "the protag is a 12 year old middle schooler who is the chosen one" animes. Another is probably culture. Like, my girlfriend is half Japanese and one of her stories was when she was still in school, there was an anime club and well..too many weebs kept using badly pronounced Japanese words slipped into English and just be generally super annoying. I've also had an anime obsessed ex who did the same thing and it too was super annoying.

19 hours ago, Volbet said:

I pretty see anime as any other entertainment medium. There might be some good stuff (Cowboy Bebop comes to mind), but there's also a ton of shit. Just like with any other form of entertainment.

This. I can conceive hate nor love for a format. Well, unless it's a useless format :P You can tell a story in movies, comics, books... and cartoons. And while it is true that certain type of stories and scripts are more likely to appear in anime than in other formats, there is quite a bit of overlap, especially if you look beyond Disney or Hollywood live action.

At the end of the day, I can only like or dislike particular shows. I am reluctant to try random anime, though, because there are pretty bad ones, and there are millions of clones to those bad ones, plus the ones for kids, etc. But I've watched a few I like.

In any case, I find it interesting how cartoons made it as a means to present stories beyond children stories in Japan. Many people in the west still conceive cartoons as a children-only format. Adult animation is more of a niche, low publicity thing.

19 hours ago, divito said:

Despite not speaking a word of Japanese, I watched the shows I liked subbed whenever possible. It's just unbearable :P Much better to get a tone that make sense and read the translation.

Then again, that's partly how I learned English :P 

I think this sums it up:

Hint: it's not anime itself. It's the fan culture surrounding it.

5 hours ago, Eduard the weeb said:

I watch an animu from time to time, but I feel like most people don't hate anime. They hate the people who watch it.
Just like with MLP people hate the bronies and not the show. 

I will admit, that most people who watch anime are weird and/or on the spectrum.