Multiple computers?

To those of you who have multiple computers, why? 

I get the laptop+desktop part but why have more than one desktops? Is there a practical reason? Just curious.

Use case hierarchy, pyo.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

And look what I've found in the dirt.

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Something is wrong with this world.

Fierce Bloody Angel

The blood is on your hands

Why did you come to this world?

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

The blood is on your hands.

The blood is on your hands!

Pyo.

2 minutes ago, KillSwitch87 said:

I get the laptop+desktop part but why have more than one desktops? Is there a practical reason? Just curious.

Same, I can understand having your desktop and laptop even a Mac desktop and pc but I don't get two pc's.

My favorite restaurant is hooters

Systems with different purposes. Plus redundancy is always nice. One stops working you still have a desktop to spare.

EDIT:

If you have a high end liquid cooled system and a GPU or CPU fails and that makes you have to disassemble the loop having a backup air cooled system can make things so you don't have to completely tear out all the liquid cooling so you have a usable desktop computer until it gets repaired like if your hobby or work requires hardware more powerful than what is available in a laptop.

I got 2 desktops and 1 laptop. 1 is my main rig, 1 is my pc for friends who come over to play and my laptop I mostly use for googling while working on projects 

Edited by GDRRiley

Good luck, Have fun, Build PC, and have a last gen console for use once a year. I should answer most of the time between 9 to 3 PST

NightHawk 3.0: R7 5700x @, B550A vision D, H105, 2x32gb Oloy 3600, Sapphire RX 6700XT  Nitro+, Corsair RM750X, 500 gb 850 evo, 2tb rocket and 5tb Toshiba x300, 2x 6TB WD Black W10 all in a 750D airflow.
GF PC: (nighthawk 2.0): R7 2700x, B450m vision D, 4x8gb Geli 2933, Strix GTX970, CX650M RGB, Obsidian 350D

Skunkworks: R5 3500U, 16gb, 500gb Adata XPG 6000 lite, Vega 8. HP probook G455R G6 Ubuntu 20. LTS

Condor (MC server): 6600K, z170m plus, 16gb corsair vengeance LPX, samsung 750 evo, EVGA BR 450.

Spirt  (NAS) ASUS Z9PR-D12, 2x E5 2620V2, 8x4gb, 24 3tb HDD. F80 800gb cache, trueNAS, 2x12disk raid Z3 stripped

PSU Tier List      Motherboard Tier List     SSD Tier List     How to get PC parts cheap    HP probook 445R G6 review

"Stupidity is like trying to find a limit of a constant. You are never truly smart in something, just less stupid."

Camera Gear: X-S10, 16-80 F4, 60D, 24-105 F4, 50mm F1.4, Helios44-m, 2 Cos-11D lavs

I have 1 computer which is my main rig, and then 2 laptops. One for work, one for my computer repairs and stuff.

"The only thing that matters right now is that you're here, and you're safe."

Low end rig with low wattage use for internet surfing.

High end rig with high wattage use for epic gaming, streaming, video editing, CAD etc........

Use case thing. 

COMMUNITY STANDARDS   |   TECH NEWS POSTING GUIDELINES   |   FORUM STAFF

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

Reputation is a Lifetime to create but seconds to destroy.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "to teach is to learn"

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

I have 3 desktops and a laptop.

I have one PC where I live now, one in storage, and one I built for my sister to use while she was staying with me.

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Just now, SansVarnic said:

Low end rig with low wattage use for internet surfing.

High end rig with high wattage use for epic gaming, streaming, video editing, CAD etc........

Use case thing. 

LoL, that wording. I feel for those where power is a consideration.

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

I'm not gonna lie I do have my main rig and then another budget build in bed or for friends.

My favorite restaurant is hooters

7 minutes ago, dizmo said:

LoL, that wording. I feel for those where power is a consideration.

Done on purpose... ;) 

OP seriously though. Like in my personal case I had at one time 3 desktops and 3 laptops (they have mostly all been retired except one desktop) but anyway my point is different rigs made to do specific jobs. I don't need to use my higher end machine to surf the net and surge my power bill in the process no need. About 75% of the time I just need to do some surfing, word processing and maybe chill on LMG videos here in the forum (modding doesn't require a power house to mod with lolz) When I need to trouble shoot it is nice to be able to replicate the issue on a second machine to identify that issue and make the fix.. there are a number of different reasons I can go into.

COMMUNITY STANDARDS   |   TECH NEWS POSTING GUIDELINES   |   FORUM STAFF

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

Reputation is a Lifetime to create but seconds to destroy.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "to teach is to learn"

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

32 minutes ago, KillSwitch87 said:

I have a computer with a 1050ti so I can fully appreaciate my 1080ti.
Edit: I'm 100% serious.

I repurposed a old Core 2 Duo system as a NAS with Raid 1 + 1 failover disk as a hot spare. Still sitting at my desk. Perfect for file storage, and it runs a SQL server (MariaDB) (it's actually replicated from another database), gigabit ethernet, 6Gb DDR2 RAM. Nothing critical on it, but it doesn't fit anywhere else and won't fit my rack, so it's the best I could do 9_9

▶ Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is not to stop questioning. - Einstein◀

Please remember to mark a thread as solved if your issue has been fixed, it helps other who may stumble across the thread at a later point in time.

Just as any knight has his squire, all main PC's need their subs. My main has an i5 and 1080, my sub has two hexa-core Xeons and two Titan Maxwells in a 4U rack. :)

Spoiler

It's a Steam server with UnRAID, if anyone is wondering.

Cor Caeruleus Reborn v6

Spoiler

CPU: Intel - Core i7-8700K

CPU Cooler: be quiet! - PURE ROCK 
Thermal Compound: Arctic Silver - 5 High-Density Polysynthetic Silver 3.5g Thermal Paste 
Motherboard: ASRock Z370 Extreme4
Memory: G.Skill TridentZ RGB 2x8GB 3200/14
Storage: Samsung - 850 EVO-Series 500GB 2.5" Solid State Drive 
Storage: Samsung - 960 EVO 500GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive
Storage: Western Digital - Blue 2TB 3.5" 5400RPM Internal Hard Drive
Storage: Western Digital - BLACK SERIES 3TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive
Video Card: EVGA - 970 SSC ACX (1080 is in RMA)
Case: Fractal Design - Define R5 w/Window (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case
Power Supply: EVGA - SuperNOVA P2 750W with CableMod blue/black Pro Series
Optical Drive: LG - WH16NS40 Blu-Ray/DVD/CD Writer 
Operating System: Microsoft - Windows 10 Pro OEM 64-bit and Linux Mint Serena
Keyboard: Logitech - G910 Orion Spectrum RGB Wired Gaming Keyboard
Mouse: Logitech - G502 Wired Optical Mouse
Headphones: Logitech - G430 7.1 Channel  Headset
Speakers: Logitech - Z506 155W 5.1ch Speakers

my kids dont get to touch my computer.

How do Reavers clean their spears?

|Specs in profile|

The Wheel of Time turns, and Ages come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the Age that gave it birth comes again.

40 minutes ago, Windows7ge said:

Systems with different purposes. Plus redundancy is always nice. One stops working you still have a desktop to spare.

EDIT:

If you have a high end liquid cooled system and a GPU or CPU fails and that makes you have to disassemble the loop having a backup air cooled system can make things so you don't have to completely tear out all the liquid cooling so you have a usable desktop computer until it gets repaired like if your hobby or work requires hardware more powerful than what is available in a laptop.

Mine's on a custom loop but if it decides to leak all over the place I'd rather have the spare cash to hop out and buy a new graphics card right away (most likely to be fcked up in my build). I'm in college and with tuition don't have the cash to build a secondary, exact replica of this PC and anything less that I could comfortably afford wouldn't make sense, my laptop can do what that could :/

My current roster (as can be seen in signature) is one PC and 3 laptops (and a NAS)

Of the 3 laptops one acts as a temporary HTPC while my NAS is down. This also has a private video stream for surveillance purposes. The MacBook is currently a work in progress since I need a battery to call it a laptop. Using it for browsing when I'm in bed or youtube/twitch when I'm at the desk and I need more than the two displays I have. The Acer exists for the sole purpose of having a travel workspace, be it me going to visit my parents or school.

Planning a dedicated streaming machine to offload most if not all streaming duty from my PC, but that's still in early planning phase and might not even get built.

I also own (though I do not personally use) an Intel NUC (currently on loan to my mom), my old, rebuilt AM3+ rig (currently on loan to my dad, also acts as an off-site backup) and a P4 system (currently in cold storage since I don't have much use for it)

People have varying numbers of rigs for varying reasons. I got my laptops cheap so the financial impact is being outweighed by their utility

Remember kids, the only difference between screwing around and science is writing it down. - Adam Savage

PHOΞNIX Ryzen 5 1600 @ 3.75GHz | Corsair LPX 16Gb DDR4 @ 2933 | MSI B350 Tomahawk | Sapphire RX 480 Nitro+ 8Gb | Intel 535 120Gb | Western Digital WD5000AAKS x2 | Cooler Master HAF XB Evo | Corsair H80 + Corsair SP120 | Cooler Master 120mm AF | Corsair SP120 | Icy Box IB-172SK-B | OCZ CX500W | Acer GF246 24" + AOC <some model> 21.5" | Steelseries Apex 350 | Steelseries Diablo 3 | Steelseries Syberia RAW Prism | Corsair HS-1 | Akai AM-A1

D.VA coming soon™ xoxo

Sapphire Acer Aspire 1410 Celeron 743 | 3Gb DDR2-667 | 120Gb HDD | Windows 10 Home x32

Vault Tec Celeron 420 | 2Gb DDR2-667 | Storage pending | Open Media Vault

gh0st Asus K50IJ T3100 | 2Gb DDR2-667 | 40Gb HDD | Ubuntu 17.04

Diskord Apple MacBook A1181 Mid-2007 Core2Duo T7400 @2.16GHz | 4Gb DDR2-667 | 120Gb HDD | Windows 10 Pro x32

Firebird//Phoeniix FX-4320 | Gigabyte 990X-Gaming SLI | Asus GTS 450 | 16Gb DDR3-1600 | 2x Intel 535 250Gb | 4x 10Tb Western Digital Red | 600W Segotep custom refurb unit | Windows 10 Pro x64 // offisite backup and dad's PC

Saint Olms Apple iPhone 6 16Gb Gold

Archon Microsoft Lumia 640 LTE

Gulliver Nokia Lumia 1320

Werkfern Nokia Lumia 520

Hydromancer Acer Liquid Z220

I have 3 laptops, 2 desktops, and a server.

Laptops:

My Zenbook - This is my couch machine mostly, so a bit of everything that isn't a game or heavy-cad work.  If I'm cooking and need to reference a recipe, this is the machine that gets used.  I also use it for datalogging and ECU tuning since it's lightweight and the battery lasts forever.

Work Laptop 1:  Macbook Pro (running windows of course) provided by the company I work for.

Work Laptop 2:  I'm an embedded engineer under contract with another company, so I have to use their hardware to work on anything on their network.  Basically this means I almost never use the Macbook.

Desktops:

Ryzen machine - Built it earlier this year.  if I'm doing anything that requires a desktop, or gaming, this is the computer that gets used.

Phenom II machine - My old computer with dual monitors.  Aside from the potato GPU that's currently in it, it's still very serviceable for 1080p gaming, especially games that are a year or two old.  It's becoming my girlfriend's computer so I can get her into PC gaming by playing co op (portal 2, borderlands 2, etc).  Whenever she works from home, she uses it to host webinars.

Server:

Always-on, 24/7/365 core i3 box running Linux Mint that lives under the desk against the wall, accessed via VNC from either the laptop or desktop.  It's mostly a Plex server, but I also use it to run my 3d printer, as network storage, and soon for network-wide ad blocking.  Going back and forth about using it for some sort of local backups as well.

SFF-ish:  Ryzen 5 1600X, Asrock AB350M Pro4, 16GB Corsair LPX 3200, Sapphire R9 Fury Nitro -75mV, 512gb Plextor Nvme m.2, 512gb Sandisk SATA m.2, Cryorig H7, stuffed into an Inwin 301 with rgb front panel mod.  LG27UD58.

Aging Workhorse:  Phenom II X6 1090T Black (4GHz #Yolo), 16GB Corsair XMS 1333, RX 470 Red Devil 4gb (Sold for $330 to Cryptominers), HD6850 1gb, Hilariously overkill Asus Crosshair V, 240gb Sandisk SSD Plus, 4TB's worth of mechanical drives, and a bunch of water/glycol.  Coming soon:  Bykski CPU block, whatever cheap Polaris 10 GPU I can get once miners start unloading them.

MintyFreshMedia:  Thinkserver TS130 with i3-3220, 4gb ecc ram, 120GB Toshiba/OCZ SSD booting Linux Mint XFCE, 2TB Hitachi Ultrastar.  In Progress:  3D printed drive mounts, 4 2TB ultrastars in RAID 5.

31 minutes ago, SansVarnic said:

Done on purpose... ;) 

OP seriously though. Like in my personal case I had at one time 3 desktops and 3 laptops (they have mostly all been retired except one desktop) but anyway my point is different rigs made to do specific jobs. I don't need to use my higher end machine to surf the net and surge my power bill in the process no need. About 75% of the time I just need to do some surfing, word processing and maybe chill on LMG videos here in the forum (modding doesn't require a power house to mod with lolz) When I need to trouble shoot it is nice to be able to replicate the issue on a second machine to identify that issue and make the fix.. there are a number of different reasons I can go into.

I know you don't neeeed to use the high end one for mundane tasks but its there why not use it? I mean I'm too lazy to even turn it on and off. Its in sleep mode when I'm not around and that's it xD To be fair I used to have 3 laptops, 2 desktops and 2 tablets but I gave the older ones to friends to free up space. . .and for brownie points lol

1 minute ago, KillSwitch87 said:

Mine's on a custom loop but if it decides to leak all over the place I'd rather have the spare cash to hop out and buy a new graphics card right away (most likely to be fcked up in my build). I'm in college and with tuition don't have the cash to build a secondary, exact replica of this PC and anything less that I could comfortably afford wouldn't make sense, my laptop can do what that could :/

I think the argument is very circumstantial. The average user and even some enthusiasts can get away with just a laptop and one desktop but people involved in workstation applications and if their rig running as often as possible determines if they keep their job then a constant backup could be a life saver. 

12 minutes ago, ionbasa said:

I repurposed a old Core 2 Duo system as a NAS with Raid 1 + 1 failover disk as a hot spare. Still sitting at my desk. Perfect for file storage, and it runs a SQL server (MariaDB) (it's actually replicated from another database), gigabit ethernet, 6Gb DDR2 RAM. Nothing critical on it, but it doesn't fit anywhere else and won't fit my rack, so it's the best I could do 9_9

A NAS is a different story, its in the plans here too, really getting tired of my flatmate borrowing my HDD's and my current case isn't even hotswap xD

I have 3 laptops and 1 desktop...

I use my desktop for as much as I can. (7700K, GTX1080, 500GB M.2 NVME SSD, 3TB Hard drive) I love having 2 monitors.

Laptop 1 is a 17 inch lenovo z70-80 it is very outdated, but I use it for LAN parties and whenever I want to game outside of my house. (It has like a 2.4 Ghz dual core (i7) and like an 840M, 16 gb of ram.) With this laptop I have to choose between 1080P 30 fps and 720P 60 fps in Overwatch. (I usually go with 720)

Laptop 2 is an Acer R 11 chromebook that I use around the house to watch videos

Laptop 3 is an Acer Spin 1 with a quad core Pentium processor/ 64 GB of secondary storage, I use it mostly for studying and I carry it with me almost all the time. 

Basically I use one laptop when I am not at my desk but still in my house, I use one laptop for when I am gaming out of the house, I use one laptop for school, and my desktop is well, awesome for everything.

Edit: Laptop 1 is almost 3 years old, laptop 2 is 2 years old, I built my desktop in may/june, and I bought Laptop 3 in like late July.

I also have 3 other laptops that are broken... (A dell latitude circa 2000AD that has some power supply issue, a dell inspiron 1545 running windows 7 that I can't remember the password I set for it, and a Toshiba that has a broken monitor, broken headphone and microphone jacks, and 2/4 broken USB 2 ports) 

6 minutes ago, Windows7ge said:

I think the argument is very circumstantial. The average user and even some enthusiasts can get away with just a laptop and one desktop but people involved in workstation applications and if their rig running as often as possible determines if they keep their job then a constant backup could be a life saver. 

I do need constant uptime for work and school projects but I can delegate tasks from the desktop to the laptop (similar specs) in an absolute pinch until the next day when i run out to get and install a new component. This has happened before. But yeah I can see where having a 3rd option would be nice since repairs aren't as easy now with the loop in. I'm seriously thinking of getting a Ryzen build early next year when budget allows, air cooled, and delegate most of the workload to that one. I'm just trying to get a feel for how others use their computers and whether the extra cost is worth it :P It's kind of on the lines of eating cup noodles for a month if I want that second desktop xD

7 minutes ago, KillSwitch87 said:

I do need constant uptime for work and school projects but I can delegate tasks from the desktop to the laptop (similar specs) in an absolute pinch until the next day when i run out to get and install a new component. This has happened before. But yeah I can see where having a 3rd option would be nice since repairs aren't as easy now with the loop in. I'm seriously thinking of getting a Ryzen build early next year when budget allows, air cooled, and delegate most of the workload to that one. I'm just trying to get a feel for how others use their computers and whether the extra cost is worth it :P It's kind of on the lines of eating cup noodles for a month if I want that second desktop xD

Like I said it's a matter of use case. If up time is important for you but you don't need powerful hardware you can make a budget build but typically hardware is reliable enough to where a second computer isn't usually necessary. More of a just in case or just holding on to your older hardware when upgrading to something better can be a life saver.

It's entirely up to you. In my opinion for people who are on a budget is put money aside wherever possible and save up for a system that can perform the tasks you need it to.

1 hour ago, KillSwitch87 said:

I have a PC that's dedicated to HTPC uses and gaming.  5820k and 1080. It has a spot on the desk with a 144hz gsync screen and a 1080p ultrawide one, and it's wired to the TV in other room directly with 50' cables. 

I have a PC that's mostly a capture PC. It's got a reference 970 and a 3770k. SC-512N1-L/DVI for cap ture card, and I have an external one I use as well. Also used as a workstaion. Has it's own 3 screen setup. 

I also have a sandy machine. i7-2600, itx. It has a 580 I can put in it, but I manly use it as a filebox. 

Basically the latter two are from older parts mostly. 

I have 2 dell precision laptops, one sandy i7 and one a sandy i5, and I dock them to their own screen setups. One has 2 1440p screens, one a couple of crappy screens. 

Why do I have all this crap?

Eh, idk. At one point I had the 3 desktops set up so friends could come over and game on them, but I've nixed that for now to give me space since we've been doing more console gaming. One laptop was for college and work crap, but not anymore. The other is pretty important to keep seperated and encrypted. 
As for the desktops, while it's nice to have ones dedicated to a purpose and waking them up where I left off, I've really found that fracturing my setup is very annoying. See, windows 10 is a pain in my ass, and having several setups makes me not want to customize it every fucking time something changes with updates, and really none of my machines I spend much time making them 'my own' like I used to . I think in the future I will make everything one machine again, and I will just make a low power htpc for stuff like watching tv/movies. The workstation will eventually be retired to a pure capture PC. I'll replace the sandy itx system with a lower power thing I actually set up as a proper NAS and not a full windows boot with file sharing enabled. Though as it is once you make some changes to make it start up everything you need automatically after power loss, it works just fine, store music, pics, and all my games on it. Kind of essential with multiple pcs to make your files travel. 

muh specs 

Gaming and HTPC (reparations)- ASUS 1080, MSI X99A SLI Plus, 5820k- 4.5GHz @ 1.25v, asetek based 360mm AIO, RM 1000x, 16GB memory, 750D with front USB 2.0 replaced with 3.0  ports, 2 250GB 850 EVOs in Raid 0 (why not, only has games on it), some hard drives

Screens- Acer preditor XB241H (1080p, 144Hz Gsync), LG 1080p ultrawide, (all mounted) directly wired to TV in other room

Stuff- k70 with reds, steel series rival, g13, full desk covering mouse mat

All parts black

Workstation(desk)- 3770k, 970 reference, 16GB of some crucial memory, a motherboard of some kind I don't remember, Micomsoft SC-512N1-L/DVI, CM Storm Trooper (It's got a handle, can you handle that?), 240mm Asetek based AIO, Crucial M550 256GB (upgrade soon), some hard drives, disc drives, and hot swap bays

Screens- 3  ASUS VN248H-P IPS 1080p screens mounted on a stand, some old tv on the wall above it. 

Stuff- Epicgear defiant (solderless swappable switches), g600, moutned mic and other stuff. 

Laptop docking area- 2 1440p korean monitors mounted, one AHVA matte, one samsung PLS gloss (very annoying, yes). Trashy Razer blackwidow chroma...I mean like the J key doesn't click anymore. I got a model M i use on it to, but its time for a new keyboard. Some edgy Utechsmart mouse similar to g600. Hooked to laptop dock for both of my dell precision laptops. (not only docking area)

Shelf- i7-2600 non-k (has vt-d), 380t, some ASUS sandy itx board, intel quad nic. Currently hosts shared files, setting up as pfsense box in VM. Also acts as spare gaming PC with a 580 or whatever someone brings. Hooked into laptop dock area via usb switch