AMD Outsells Intel On German website Mindfactory

This is my first news post. pls dont kill.

sources:

https://hothardware.com/news/amd-beats-intel-mindfactory

https://www.overclock3d.net/news/cpu_mainboard/amd_cpu_sales_surpass_intel_cpu_sales_at_the_eu_retailer_mindfactory/1

Over the course of the month of August, AMD CPU sales overall surpassed the sales of Intel CPUs on the German website 'Mindfactory.de'. While Intel's 7700k processor still topped the charts, the Ryzen 5 1600 and Ryzen 7 1700 made up the bulk of sales last month. I think that this is fantastic news for all sides of competition, and for once, AMD is getting in good money from their CPU division. Also note that the Thredripper skus sold more than the i9 7900x or i7 7820x. I think that that is huge news to see AMD's first attempt at a HEDT platform to be doing so well. Finally, REAL competition! Now if only Intel would fix their out of this world pricing strategy, things could get a lot more interesting.

OC3D states

"In the month of August, 56.1% of the CPUs sold at the company were from AMD, with 43.9% being from Intel."

That's a pretty sizable gap. This is likely due to  recent bios updates making the platform in general much more stable, and that the consumer trust is high right now for AMD. It will be interesting to see how things will change when the 8th gen Intel chips hit shelves to see if they reclaim their crown, or if the stupid fact that you need a new motherboard for the 8th gen chips is going to allow AMD to stay on top. OC3D shows that in previous months, AMD was far down on Intel, but they slowly clawed their way to the top.

OC3D also states that

"This data showcases a lot of consumer confidence in Ryzen, though it will be the coming months that will be the true test for AMD's Ryzen architecture as Intel releases their 8th generation of Core CPUs on the desktop market."

While this is a true point, one must not forget that the 8th generation chips are going to require a whole new platform to run, so I think that the sales of 8th gen chips will be overall lower than Kaby Lake's.

I know that this is only data from one website, but the numbers are just far too interesting to ignore. Will it be a sign of things to come, or are there just a lot of AMD fans in Germany, and this is a one time thing? I guess only time will tell in the coming months.

AMD CPU sales surpass Intel CPU sales at the EU retailer Mindfactory

y[e]  |  I am king giraffe. Hail me.  |  I build computers as a hobby and sometimes resell them to make a profit. | Current rig's specs:

OS: Win10 Pro x64 | CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X | GPU: AMD Radeon RX 6900XT | MB: ASUS X570 Tuff | RAM: 32gb G.Skill Ripjaws V 3600mhz | Bootup: Adata 1tb NVME Gen4 | SSD: Intel SSD6 P600 1tb | HDDs: 16tb total | PSU: Seasonic 1200w 80+ Gold | Cooling: Noctua NH-D15 | Case: Voodoo Omen R (yes, THAT Voodoo) | Screen: Acer XF270HU 1440p 144hz FreeSync | total spent: $too much | (lol empty space)

I believe this was posted a week or two ago. 

Cor Caeruleus Reborn v6

Spoiler

CPU: Intel - Core i7-8700K

CPU Cooler: be quiet! - PURE ROCK 
Thermal Compound: Arctic Silver - 5 High-Density Polysynthetic Silver 3.5g Thermal Paste 
Motherboard: ASRock Z370 Extreme4
Memory: G.Skill TridentZ RGB 2x8GB 3200/14
Storage: Samsung - 850 EVO-Series 500GB 2.5" Solid State Drive 
Storage: Samsung - 960 EVO 500GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive
Storage: Western Digital - Blue 2TB 3.5" 5400RPM Internal Hard Drive
Storage: Western Digital - BLACK SERIES 3TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive
Video Card: EVGA - 970 SSC ACX (1080 is in RMA)
Case: Fractal Design - Define R5 w/Window (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case
Power Supply: EVGA - SuperNOVA P2 750W with CableMod blue/black Pro Series
Optical Drive: LG - WH16NS40 Blu-Ray/DVD/CD Writer 
Operating System: Microsoft - Windows 10 Pro OEM 64-bit and Linux Mint Serena
Keyboard: Logitech - G910 Orion Spectrum RGB Wired Gaming Keyboard
Mouse: Logitech - G502 Wired Optical Mouse
Headphones: Logitech - G430 7.1 Channel  Headset
Speakers: Logitech - Z506 155W 5.1ch Speakers

the other post was just a literal copy paste of the entire article...

y[e]  |  I am king giraffe. Hail me.  |  I build computers as a hobby and sometimes resell them to make a profit. | Current rig's specs:

OS: Win10 Pro x64 | CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X | GPU: AMD Radeon RX 6900XT | MB: ASUS X570 Tuff | RAM: 32gb G.Skill Ripjaws V 3600mhz | Bootup: Adata 1tb NVME Gen4 | SSD: Intel SSD6 P600 1tb | HDDs: 16tb total | PSU: Seasonic 1200w 80+ Gold | Cooling: Noctua NH-D15 | Case: Voodoo Omen R (yes, THAT Voodoo) | Screen: Acer XF270HU 1440p 144hz FreeSync | total spent: $too much | (lol empty space)

6 minutes ago, W-L said:

@gameboy3800 Please do not forget to add a quote related to the news topic as that is one of the requirements for the Tech News Section. 

Is this better now? sorry. first time posting news.

Curious to see what the new updated marketshare of Intel/AMD by CpuBenchmark.net is when the quarter ends.

CPU: Ryzen 7 5800X Cooler: Corsair H100i Platinum SE Mobo: Asus B550-A GPU: EVGA RTX 2070 XC RAM: G.Skill Trident Z RGB 3200MHz 16CL 4x8GB (DDR4) SSD0: Crucial MX300 525GB SSD1: Samsung QVO 1TB PSU: NZXT C650 Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow Monitor: Asus VG259QM (240Hz)

I usually edit my posts immediately after posting them, as I don't check for typos before pressing the shiny SUBMIT button.

Unraid Server

CPU: Ryzen 5 7600 Cooler: Noctua NH-U12S Mobo: Asus B650E-i RAM: Kingston Server Premier ECC 2x32GB (DDR5) SSD: Samsung 980 2x1TB HDD: Toshiba MG09 1x18TB; Toshiba MG08 2x16TB HDD Controller: LSI 9207-8i PSUCorsair SF750 Case: Node 304

Just now, gameboy3800 said:

Is this better now? sorry. first time posting news.

You need to place the quotes from the article into 

boxes like this one. It's in the toolbar as a double quote icon.

Cor Caeruleus Reborn v6

Spoiler

CPU: Intel - Core i7-8700K

CPU Cooler: be quiet! - PURE ROCK 
Thermal Compound: Arctic Silver - 5 High-Density Polysynthetic Silver 3.5g Thermal Paste 
Motherboard: ASRock Z370 Extreme4
Memory: G.Skill TridentZ RGB 2x8GB 3200/14
Storage: Samsung - 850 EVO-Series 500GB 2.5" Solid State Drive 
Storage: Samsung - 960 EVO 500GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive
Storage: Western Digital - Blue 2TB 3.5" 5400RPM Internal Hard Drive
Storage: Western Digital - BLACK SERIES 3TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive
Video Card: EVGA - 970 SSC ACX (1080 is in RMA)
Case: Fractal Design - Define R5 w/Window (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case
Power Supply: EVGA - SuperNOVA P2 750W with CableMod blue/black Pro Series
Optical Drive: LG - WH16NS40 Blu-Ray/DVD/CD Writer 
Operating System: Microsoft - Windows 10 Pro OEM 64-bit and Linux Mint Serena
Keyboard: Logitech - G910 Orion Spectrum RGB Wired Gaming Keyboard
Mouse: Logitech - G502 Wired Optical Mouse
Headphones: Logitech - G430 7.1 Channel  Headset
Speakers: Logitech - Z506 155W 5.1ch Speakers

got it

Noiceeeeeee, finally intel is going to have to actually get off their lazy asses :D 

Looking at my signature are we now? Well too bad there's nothing here...

What? As I said, there seriously is nothing here :) 

At least 600 people a month are buying i5-7500s, I mean something's gotta be done here

Not a huge surprise, as Intel CPU's are insanely overpriced. What is interesting, however, is that it's basically only the 7700K that sells well for Intel. Some people who cannot afford it, seems to buy the I5 version (waste of money). But that's about it. AMD's sales are spread out on more SKU's. That's quite interesting.

Watching Intel have competition is like watching a headless chicken trying to get out of a mine field

CPU: Intel I7 4790K@4.6 with NZXT X31 AIO; MOTHERBOARD: ASUS Z97 Maximus VII Ranger; RAM: 8 GB Kingston HyperX 1600 DDR3; GFX: ASUS R9 290 4GB; CASE: Lian Li v700wx; STORAGE: Corsair Force 3 120GB SSD; Samsung 850 500GB SSD; Various old Seagates; PSU: Corsair RM650; MONITOR: 2x 20" Dell IPS; KEYBOARD/MOUSE: Logitech K810/ MX Master; OS: Windows 10 Pro

@Notional Yes, it's indeed interesting. You can see that the number of 7700k sold haven't changed much since May, and significant bumps in Ryzen sales in July and August, which probably mean two things: 1) People planning to buy anything sub 7700k decided to buy r5 instead (makes sense), 2) People who waited for Ryzen to stabilize are finally buying.

Two revolutionary dance tones

Just now, Amber_Nova said:

@Notional Yes, it's indeed interesting. You can see that the number of 7700k sold haven't changed much since May, and significant bumps in Ryzen sales in July and August, which probably mean two things: 1) People planning to buy anything sub 7700k decided to buy r5 instead (makes sense), 2) People who waited for Ryzen to stabilize are finally buying.

Well, it's more like AMD is offering a better alternative to everything but the 7700K. Even the I5 has dropped in sales. So it's across the board, with the exception of the 7700K. I'm sure Intel could regain some of the lost sales, but not at the prices they are running right now.

Watching Intel have competition is like watching a headless chicken trying to get out of a mine field

CPU: Intel I7 4790K@4.6 with NZXT X31 AIO; MOTHERBOARD: ASUS Z97 Maximus VII Ranger; RAM: 8 GB Kingston HyperX 1600 DDR3; GFX: ASUS R9 290 4GB; CASE: Lian Li v700wx; STORAGE: Corsair Force 3 120GB SSD; Samsung 850 500GB SSD; Various old Seagates; PSU: Corsair RM650; MONITOR: 2x 20" Dell IPS; KEYBOARD/MOUSE: Logitech K810/ MX Master; OS: Windows 10 Pro

11 minutes ago, Notional said:

Well, it's more like AMD is offering a better alternative to everything but the 7700K. Even the I5 has dropped in sales. So it's across the board, with the exception of the 7700K. I'm sure Intel could regain some of the lost sales, but not at the prices they are running right now.

That is what I'm saying :) I was pointing out the increase in r5 sales. Nevertheless, I don't think the trend will change much until Intel releases Coffee lake chips.

Two revolutionary dance tones

I mean this makes perfect sense. Anyone who was planning on buying a i5 7600k realized the r5 1600 existed and decided to go with the better value cpu. The i7 7700k not dropping in sales is likely due to the 7700k still being the best gaming cpu on the market. I mean if you wanted a 7700k for pure gaming then nothing really changed with the release of ryzen. 

How big is this retailer that it makes this statistically significant? Obviously we are seeing market share trends change on passmark figures, but that only accounts for overclocking enthusiasts.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

11 minutes ago, rawrdaysgoby said:

only a single retailer 

That's what the title says?

(There is also this, although the time span is not clear, only the update frequency. That's not on OP anyway).

16 minutes ago, mr moose said:

How big is this retailer that it makes this statistically significant?

It is one of the go-to online retailers in Germany (and until recently other EU countries as well), but I wouldn't know the market share breakdown among retailers.

To know how general of a trend this is, we naturally need sales figures form other sources. I wouldn't be surprised if it was a more general trend indeed, though. Save for an X299 niche, the main reason to buy Intel today is to want every last FPS, and to want it immediately. Otherwise, you get a much better value with Ryzen as long as Intel pricing remains unchanged, and everyone interested in Intel's advantages who can afford to wait has less and less of a reason to buy current Intel CPUs the closer Coffee Lake is (given rumored pricing and performance), since it is expected to bring value back in line while spanning the higher mainstream end.

Both AMD vs Intel and 7700K vs "Intel other" make sense to me from that perspective.

4 hours ago, mr moose said:

How big is this retailer that it makes this statistically significant? Obviously we are seeing market share trends change on passmark figures, but that only accounts for overclocking enthusiasts.

As a German who always buys there I can tell you it's one of 2 big online retailers here. 

You either buy at Mindfactory or Caseking. Most of the others are insignificant in comparison. 

Gaming HTPC:

R5 5600X - Cryorig C7 - Asus ROG B350-i - EVGA RTX2060KO - 16gb G.Skill Ripjaws V 3333mhz - Corsair SF450 - 500gb 960 EVO - LianLi TU100B

Desktop PC:
R9 3900X - Peerless Assassin 120 SE - Asus Prime X570 Pro - Powercolor 7900XT - 32gb LPX 3200mhz - Corsair SF750 Platinum - 1TB WD SN850X - CoolerMaster NR200 White - Gigabyte M27Q-SA - Corsair K70 Rapidfire - Logitech MX518 Legendary - HyperXCloud Alpha wireless

Boss-NAS [Build Log]:
R5 2400G - Noctua NH-D14 - Asus Prime X370-Pro - 16gb G.Skill Aegis 3000mhz - Seasonic Focus Platinum 550W - Fractal Design R5 - 
250gb 970 Evo (OS) - 2x500gb 860 Evo (Raid0) - 6x4TB WD Red (RaidZ2)

Synology-NAS:
DS920+
2x4TB Ironwolf - 1x18TB Seagate Exos X20

Audio Gear:

Hifiman HE-400i - Kennerton Magister - Beyerdynamic DT880 250Ohm - AKG K7XX - Fostex TH-X00 - O2 Amp/DAC Combo - 
Klipsch RP280F - Klipsch RP160M - Klipsch RP440C - Yamaha RX-V479

Reviews and Stuff:

GTX 780 DCU2 // 8600GTS // Hifiman HE-400i // Kennerton Magister
Folding all the Proteins! // Boincerino

Useful Links:
Do you need an AMP/DAC? // Recommended Audio Gear // PSU Tier List 

4 hours ago, SpaceGhostC2C said:

That's what the title says?

(There is also this, although the time span is not clear, only the update frequency. That's not on OP anyway).

It is one of the go-to online retailers in Germany (and until recently other EU countries as well), but I wouldn't know the market share breakdown among retailers.

To know how general of a trend this is, we naturally need sales figures form other sources. I wouldn't be surprised if it was a more general trend indeed, though. Save for an X299 niche, the main reason to buy Intel today is to want every last FPS, and to want it immediately. Otherwise, you get a much better value with Ryzen as long as Intel pricing remains unchanged, and everyone interested in Intel's advantages who can afford to wait has less and less of a reason to buy current Intel CPUs the closer Coffee Lake is (given rumored pricing and performance), since it is expected to bring value back in line while spanning the higher mainstream end.

Both AMD vs Intel and 7700K vs "Intel other" make sense to me from that perspective.

5 minutes ago, FloRolf said:

As a German who always buys there I can tell you it's one of 2 big online retailers here. 

You either buy at Mindfactory or Caseking. Most of the others are insignificant in comparison. 

I'd like to see the market share in sales from each of these versus the rest of the retail industry combined.    I am not disputing the sales figures or that AMD is climbing back into the game, but it does blow me away that there are virtually only two outlets for all your parts.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

7 hours ago, FloRolf said:

I would put "Alternate" above "Caseking" in terms of sales.

but yeah Mindfactory is probably the biggest retailer in Germany.

2 hours ago, Vacras said:

I would put "Alternate" above "Caseking" in terms of sales.

but yeah Mindfactory is probably the biggest retailer in Germany.

I was about to ask if that applied to Alternate as well ;)

10 hours ago, mr moose said:

I'd like to see the market share in sales from each of these versus the rest of the retail industry combined.    I am not disputing the sales figures or that AMD is climbing back into the game, but it does blow me away that there are virtually only two outlets for all your parts.

There are more, I think it's just a matter of representativeness. For example, Amazon.de isn't usually a good alternative for hardware in terms of pricing, but I'm sure it sells a lot anyway. Sites like Mindfactory, Alternate, etc. will therefore be somewhat tilted towards more aware consumers, probably putting a bit more effort in the search/purchase process. Whether that means an Intel bias, an AMD bias, or none, I can't tell :P 

1 hour ago, SpaceGhostC2C said:

I was about to ask if that applied to Alternate as well ;)

There are more, I think it's just a matter of representativeness. For example, Amazon.de isn't usually a good alternative for hardware in terms of pricing, but I'm sure it sells a lot anyway. Sites like Mindfactoyr, Alternate, etc. will therefore be somewhat tilted towards more aware consumers, probably outting a bit more effort in the search/purchase process. Whether that means an Intel bias, an AMD bias, or none, I can't tell :P 

I agree yeah for the casual consumer amazon is a quick and easy way of getting that cool new CPU or whole computer your friend was talking about :P

I think Intel will have a little more relative sales on amazon than on mindfactory etc. due to customers being informed better on these "specialized" sites.

It's still awesome to see that AMD is getting back into the race.