The Anti-RGB PC

LinusTech
3 hours ago, A Wild Chancleta said:

I LIKE RGB BUT I AM SO BROKE THAT I HAVE A PS/2 KEYBOARD 

PS/2 is still better for gaming so no worries.

Main System:

Anghammarad : Asrock Taichi x570, AMD Ryzen 7 5800X @4900 MHz. 32 GB DDR4 3600, some NVME SSDs, Gainward Phoenix RTX 3070TI

System 2 "Igluna" AsRock Fatal1ty Z77 Pro, Core I5 3570k @4300, 16 GB Ram DDR3 2133, some SSD, and a 2 TB HDD each, Gainward Phantom 760GTX.

System 3 "Inskah" AsRock Fatal1ty Z77 Pro, Core I5 3570k @4300, 16 GB Ram DDR3 2133, some SSD, and a 2 TB HDD each, Gainward Phantom 760GTX.

On the Road: Acer Aspire 5 Model A515-51G-54FD, Intel Core i5 7200U, 8 GB DDR4 Ram, 120 GB SSD, 1 TB SSD, Intel CPU GFX and Nvidia MX 150, Full HD IPS display

Media System "Vio": Aorus Elite AX V2, Ryzen 7 5700X, 64 GB Ram DDR4 3200 Mushkin, 1 275 GB Crucial MX SSD, 1 tb Crucial MX500 SSD. IBM 5015 Megaraid, 4 Seagate Ironwolf 4TB HDD in raid 5, 4 WD RED 4 tb in another Raid 5, Gainward Phoenix GTX 1060

(Abit Fatal1ty FP9 IN SLI, C2Duo E8400, 6 GB Ram DDR2 800, far too less diskspace, Gainward Phantom 560 GTX broken need fixing)

Nostalgia: Amiga 1200, Tower Build, CPU/FPU/MMU 68EC020, 68030, 68882 @50 Mhz, 10 MByte ram (2 MB Chip, 8 MB Fast), Fast SCSI II, 2 CDRoms, 2 1 GB SCSI II IBM Harddrives, 512 MB Quantum Lightning HDD, self soldered Sync changer to attach VGA displays, WLAN

32 minutes ago, Mooshi said:

I haven't watched the video, but judging by the comments itt, I take it Linus just blanked out RGB stuff instead of choosing easy to find non-RGB stuff..?

Yup! And the thing didn't even work afterwards.

CPU: Ryzen 5 3600X            | Cooler: Deepcool AK400      | Motherboard: B550 Elite AX V2  | Storage: Samsung 980 Pro 1TB  |

RAM: Corsair Vengeance 16GB   | GPU: MSI RTX 3060 Ti        | Case: NZXT H440 (Red/Black)    | PSU: EVGA 650W G2             |

1 hour ago, papes said:

exrel.png.d5440b8bba7cdc9d3721bd7e47d2822e.png

I was personally hoping for the vanta black version 

Man, what they were going for would've been so cool: Hotblack Desiato's blackship from Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy, in case form!  ???

Buuuuuuut... they failed. Hopefully they revisit this concept once they have the necessary paint and/or painting skills.  

jesus lol, I feel ill after watching them paint the trident memory.

what have you done... just stop...

4 hours ago, DarthSmartt said:

CARBON NANOTUBES! more conductive than COPPER!

Yet you could send the case off to Surrey and have them coat it and have it be fucking badass.

32 minutes ago, ravenshrike said:

Yet you could send the case off to Surrey and have them coat it and have it be fucking badass.

It's funny how 5 seconds of googling would show you that carbon nanotubes are more conductive than copper.

Srry didnt mean to quote. cant get it to go away.

Build:                                                                          

Intel Core I7 6700k (clocked to 4.6ghz)

Patriot Viper 3000mhz ddr4

ASUS maximus 8 hero (I hate this mobo)

Evga gtx 1080 superclocked

250GB Samsung 850 evo

2tb WD Black 7200rpm

Ek watercooling kit a240g with 360 expansion pack

Primochill Vue Red fluid

Corsair Graphite 600t (white)

You thought "Gee, Donald Trump sure has a great build!"

@LinusTech When are you making Dale, because your sleeper build in my opinion was one of your best builds. 

Former Bronze Contributor 

CPU: Intel i7-7700K 4.2 GHz / CPU Cooler: Cryorig H7  / Board: ASRock Z270 Taichi / GPU: Nvidia 1060 6gb EVGA SC / GPU Cooler: NZXT Kraken G12 with Thermaltake Water 3.0 120mm RAM: White Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB DDR4 2666 MHz SSD: 2x Samsung 850 Evo 250 and 3TB WD blue HDD / PSU: Corasir 550cx / Case: NZXT s340 Elite White 

Im a super Italian. Kapish.

3 hours ago, SoNotCool said:

i was expecting soo much more like a legitmate anti-rbg pc build/review ...

me too. there is so much you could have legitimately done to build a black PC ...

... so much that would NOT have included a white case when you really wanted a black one anyways (though i dig that super not-glossy look)

... so much that would NOT have included illuminated fans and ram modules - black fans are a thing and so is ram with good looking black heatspreaders

... so much that would NOT have included PAINTING A FUCKING MOTHERBOARD and killing it in the process. 

seriously, WHY???

taking a spin on a seemingly not so poplular concept is one thing and can be interesting if done right. turning that concept into a parody? really?

now i want to see an all white build but without any paint involved and without any hardware harmed or killed in the process. thanks

Painting over RGB components, which cost more just for the RGB

It's not about the money.png

I was expecting a build that used black non RGB components, not this crap.

Painting over PC components isn't practical, not to mention that black is the most common PC component color out there, it wouldn't have been difficult to build a classy, all black PC.

I fail to see the point of this video, and i'm used to Linus's dumb antics.

4 hours ago, Space Reptile said:

that dislike ratio 

At the moment

black.PNG.3eef90347f5500cbfc8e3734d92df2c9.PNG

But yes, this video is kinda pointless and is more for the shock value. It reminds me a lot of the pizza heating PC they made which is another pointless LTT video.

There is more that meets the eye
I see the soul that is inside

16 minutes ago, hey_yo_ said:

At the moment

But yes, this video is kinda pointless and is more for the shock value. It reminds me a lot of the pizza heating PC they made which is another pointless LTT video.

That one was funny though. Or maybe I just like Luke too much

Lenovo Ideapad 720s 14 inch ------ One day I'll have a desktop again...

2 hours ago, DarthSmartt said:

It's funny how 5 seconds of googling would show you that carbon nanotubes are more conductive than copper.

Srry didnt mean to quote. cant get it to go away.

and they're as dangerous as asbestos too

Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler

15 minutes ago, hey_yo_ said:

At the moment

I've watched the video through facebook, went to the youtube one and gave it a dislike, thats how strongly I disliked this video. honestest WTF?! NANI?!?!

Would have been sick to see a EVGA black out build, in a case, not FKN kindergarden finger painting and ruining great PC Parts, its like here is my youtube channel just for car enthusiast, comment below whats your dream car, I'll buy it and pour paint into the engine oil.. thats what you all want to see right ? me just destroying things you love?! 

Redstone:
i7-4770 / Z97 / GTX 980 / Corsair 16GB  / H90 / 400C / Antec EDGE / Neutron GTX240 / Intel 240Gb / WD 2TB / BenQ XL24

Obsidian:

MSI GE60 2PE i7-4700HQ / 860M / 12GB / WE 1TB / m.Sata 256gb/Elagto USB HD Capture Card

Razer Deathadder Chroma / Razer Blackwidow TE Chroma / Kingston Cloud2's / Sennheiser 429 / Logitech Z333

This PC is dead as my heart is inside. Why would you not test it on another motherboard first to if the paint kills . But it is ironic that a black dead PC theme is actually a dead PC. }:)

3 minutes ago, Spork829 said:

That one was funny though. Or maybe I just like Luke too much

I think Luke is a cool dude but I'd rather see him cook a New York strip with his Sous Vide by Chef Steps rather than heat up pizza by overclocking a CPU because I'm pretty sure 99% of LTT audiences knows how to use a conventional oven or a stove and a cast iron skillet/pan so yeah, this anti-rgb PC and the OC pizza heating video are two of the dumbest ones they ever did. 

6 minutes ago, Not_Sean said:

I've watched the video through facebook, went to the youtube one and gave it a dislike, thats how strongly I disliked this video. honestest WTF?! NANI?!?!

Would have been sick to see a EVGA black out build, in a case, not FKN kindergarden finger painting and ruining great PC Parts, its like here is my youtube channel just for car enthusiast, comment below whats your dream car, I'll buy it and pour paint into the engine oil.. thats what you all want to see right ? me just destroying things you love?! 

I think Linus and his team are pandering way too much to kids who are watching Jake Paul as a way to lure them in subscribing at the expense of alienating his older audiences. I guess at this one, they've lived up to the hype of "#OutOfIdeas"

outofideas.PNG.7ae1dd3fbb092f326e11c3b9c67bcc83.PNG

2 minutes ago, iPolymer said:

This PC is dead as my heart is inside. Why would you not test it on another motherboard first to if the paint kills . But it is ironic that a black dead PC theme is actually a dead PC. }:)

It makes me wonder if Linus is actually good in managing his company's finances or he's slowly flushing his company to the drain and he's not aware of it. 

2 minutes ago, hey_yo_ said:

It makes me wonder if Linus is actually good in managing his company's finances or he's slowly flushing his company to the drain and he's not aware of it. 

all this stuff is given to them for product tests and such, wonder if he was different if he saw it all coming out of the bottom line. 

Say what you want about Jay2C but he at least does some videos where he buys it with his own money and tests it, remember when linus tested something, na rather just break it. 

Redstone:
i7-4770 / Z97 / GTX 980 / Corsair 16GB  / H90 / 400C / Antec EDGE / Neutron GTX240 / Intel 240Gb / WD 2TB / BenQ XL24

Obsidian:

MSI GE60 2PE i7-4700HQ / 860M / 12GB / WE 1TB / m.Sata 256gb/Elagto USB HD Capture Card

Razer Deathadder Chroma / Razer Blackwidow TE Chroma / Kingston Cloud2's / Sennheiser 429 / Logitech Z333

21 hours ago, Not_Sean said:

While Linus can do what he wants with the components that he buys, I have to agree with you.  There was no point with this video.  I don't think that there are many people that love tech that also want to see it destroyed, at least in an non entertaining fashion.

I go to Linus for "tech tips", not "wasting money tips".

Edit: In hindsight, most of the hardware that Linus owns is probably given to him, ether for review, or as part of a sponsorship.  Nevertheless, my point remains.

1 minute ago, Not_Sean said:

all this stuff is given to them for product tests and such, wonder if he was different if he saw it all coming out of the bottom line. 

And then brick them? :(

Just now, Cinnabar Sonar said:

I go to Linus for "tech tips", not "wasting money tips".

That's how they ball out. Bricking stuff is what makes cash now. xD

1 minute ago, hey_yo_ said:

I think Luke is a cool dude but I'd rather see him cook a New York strip with his Sous Vide by Chef Steps rather than heat up pizza by overclocking a CPU because I'm pretty sure 99% of LTT audiences knows how to use a conventional oven or a stove and a cast iron skillet/pan so yeah, this anti-rgb PC and the OC pizza heating video are two of the dumbest ones they ever did.

It's also in the way Luke handles it, and to an extent the way the video was made. It was made abundantly clear in the pizza video that they knew it was a stupid idea, and it was purely just a dumb video they made for fun. 

It's different with this one. I don't think it's because they really did attempt to take it seriously and thought it was a good idea. It stems instead from a problem I think LTT has had for a while now, which is that since Linus stopped largely writing his own stuff, he is obviously fake, silly and overenthusiastic when on camera for scripted content. I think the intention of this video may have been to be in that same silly, sort of almost self-deprecating "haha this is dumb so we'll do it for fun" style, but they can't really pull that off anymore. 

Lenovo Ideapad 720s 14 inch ------ One day I'll have a desktop again...

There's nothing wrong with making a few joke videos here and there but this one was dry as toast. I'd much rather watch more informational content that you guys have made in the past like the one about turning scrap electronics into gold.

Just now, ArtoriaPendragon said:

There's nothing wrong with making a few joke videos here and there but this one was dry as toast. I'd much rather watch more informational content that you guys have made in the past like the one about turning scrap electronics into gold.

That one was actually educational because it's about recycling electronics and harvesting precious metals.

This Anti-RGB PC is not. 

3 minutes ago, hey_yo_ said:

That one was actually educational because it's about recycling electronics and harvesting precious metals.

This Anti-RGB PC is not. 

It's not funny either which is why I'm disappointed.