The Anti-RGB PC

LinusTech
13 hours ago, wax2142 said:

In other words, while I understand that growing your channel is important now that LTT is an enterprise, however it seems like teh channel has recently been simply trying to cahs in on quick low-hanging fruits without  understanding the consequence it'll have on stable and continued growth. You can either grow quickly and fizzle out in an instant or you can choose to build up slowly but strongly.

Truer words have never been spoken.  There are channels out there that upload very rarely, but still amass a huge amount of subscribers.  Why?  Because they make quality content.  The channels that build up slowly but strongly seem to emphasize quality over quantity, and while having some lower effort content to fill the gaps is usually a good idea, I expect more from Linus and his team.

Anyone here who watches the WAN show let us know if they talk about all this negitive feedback on the video on the forum, Facebook & Youtube. 

I couldn't be bothered to watch the WAN show if this is the type of videos linus thinks is relative. un subbed and going to find some ACTUAL tech tips. 

Redstone:
i7-4770 / Z97 / GTX 980 / Corsair 16GB  / H90 / 400C / Antec EDGE / Neutron GTX240 / Intel 240Gb / WD 2TB / BenQ XL24

Obsidian:

MSI GE60 2PE i7-4700HQ / 860M / 12GB / WE 1TB / m.Sata 256gb/Elagto USB HD Capture Card

Razer Deathadder Chroma / Razer Blackwidow TE Chroma / Kingston Cloud2's / Sennheiser 429 / Logitech Z333

On 9/4/2017 at 2:35 PM, ONOTech said:

why paint over RGB lights? Black components exist and/or you can disable them.

Windowless cases also exist. But I'm guessing LMG is losing all capability of looking for any component that isn't on Newegg/Amazon's best seller or home pages without being sponsored.

On 9/4/2017 at 3:28 PM, Bryan-10EC said:

I hate RGB. Why did it ever get popular?

RGB allows for nigh unlimited customization without resorting to modding.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

And look what I've found in the dirt.

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Something is wrong with this world.

Fierce Bloody Angel

The blood is on your hands

Why did you come to this world?

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

The blood is on your hands.

The blood is on your hands!

Pyo.

1 minute ago, Cinnabar Sonar said:

Just looked at the like/dislike ratio.  Damn...

Wot ru doing Linus.PNG

Yes, I disliked it.

wow

PSU Nerd | PC Parts Flipper | Cable Management Guru

Helpful Links: PSU Tier List | Why not group reg? | Avoid the EVGA G3

Helios EVO (Main Desktop) Intel Core™ i9-10900KF | 32GB DDR4-3000 | GIGABYTE Z590 AORUS ELITE | GeForce RTX 3060 Ti | NZXT H510 | EVGA G5 650W

Delta (Laptop) | Galaxy S21 Ultra | Pacific Spirit XT (Server)

Full Specs

Spoiler

Helios EVO (Main):

Intel Core™ i9-10900KF | 32GB G.Skill Ripjaws V / Team T-Force DDR4-3000 | GIGABYTE Z590 AORUS ELITE | MSI GAMING X GeForce RTX 3060 Ti 8GB GPU | NZXT H510 | EVGA G5 650W | MasterLiquid ML240L | 2x 2TB HDD | 256GB SX6000 Pro SSD | 3x Corsair SP120 RGB | Fractal Design Venturi HF-14

Pacific Spirit XT - Server

Intel Core™ i7-8700K (Won at LTX, signed by Dennis) | GIGABYTE Z370 AORUS GAMING 5 | 16GB Team Vulcan DDR4-3000 | Intel UrfpsgonHD 630 | Define C TG | Corsair CX450M

Delta - Laptop

ASUS TUF Dash F15 - Intel Core™ i7-11370H | 16GB DDR4 | RTX 3060 | 500GB NVMe SSD | 200W Brick | 65W USB-PD Charger

Intel is bringing DDR4 to the mainstream with the Intel® Core™ i5 6600K and i7 6700K processors. Learn more by clicking the link in the description below.

2 minutes ago, Cinnabar Sonar said:

Just looked at the like/dislike ratio.  Damn...

Wot ru doing Linus.PNG

Yes, I disliked it.

I'm using the old version of youtube, and it's more accurate

Screen Shot 2017-09-05 at 6.49.21 PM.png

Helios EVO (Main Desktop) Intel Core™ i9-10900KF | 32GB DDR4-3000 | GIGABYTE Z590 AORUS ELITE | GeForce RTX 3060 Ti | NZXT H510 | EVGA G5 650W

Full Specs

Spoiler

Helios EVO (Main):

Intel Core™ i9-10900KF | 32GB G.Skill Ripjaws V / Team T-Force DDR4-3000 | GIGABYTE Z590 AORUS ELITE | MSI GAMING X GeForce RTX 3060 Ti 8GB GPU | NZXT H510 | EVGA G5 650W | MasterLiquid ML240L | 2x 2TB HDD | 256GB SX6000 Pro SSD | 3x Corsair SP120 RGB | Fractal Design Venturi HF-14

Intel Core™ i7-8700K (Won at LTX, signed by Dennis) | GIGABYTE Z370 AORUS GAMING 5 | 16GB Team Vulcan DDR4-3000 | Intel UrfpsgonHD 630 | Define C TG | Corsair CX450M

Delta - Laptop

ASUS TUF Dash F15 - Intel Core™ i7-11370H | 16GB DDR4 | RTX 3060 | 500GB NVMe SSD | 200W Brick | 65W USB-PD Charger

Intel is bringing DDR4 to the mainstream with the Intel® Core™ i5 6600K and i7 6700K processors. Learn more by clicking the link in the description below.

3 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

RGB allows for nigh unlimited customization without resorting to modding.

Exactly, to be honest, I feel like the ones that really hate RGB are just tired of seeing it all of the time, and perhaps feel like it's being shoved down their throats.

19 minutes ago, Not_Sean said:

Anyone here who watches the WAN show let us know if they talk about all this negitive feedback on the video on the forum, Facebook & Youtube. 

I couldn't be bothered to watch the WAN show if this is the type of videos linus thinks is relative. un subbed and going to find some ACTUAL tech tips. 

I don't think that Linus has given actual tech tips for some time now.

6 minutes ago, JDE said:

I'm using the old version of youtube, and it's more accurate

Screen Shot 2017-09-05 at 6.49.21 PM.png

I like new YouTube's night theme, that's about it.

5 hours ago, Cinnabar Sonar said:

Exactly, to be honest, I feel like the ones that really hate RGB are just tired of seeing it all of the time, and perhaps feel like it's being shoved down their throats.

To be honest the problems stem from three points mostly:

1. At times they tend to be overpriced for what they are
  2. Not worth the effort for the type of component (did we really need RGB sound cards?) 
  3. Designed with little thought and simply "bolted on" last gen products without removing any conflicting accents (looking at you Corsair and your yellow accents).

Though this is mostly the fault of lazy attempts to offer more customisation with little thought, not necessarily issues with the concept itself. Its good to have peripherals that don't conflict with your setup.  

If you want to reply back to me or someone else USE THE QUOTE BUTTON!                                                      
Pascal laptops guide

8 hours ago, Castdeath97 said:
  • At times they tend to be overpriced for what they are

At times, yes.  However, keep in mind that RGB LEDs are roughly 2 - 3 times the price of non RGB LEDs.

Here are some examples.

https://www.sparkfun.com/products/105

https://www.sparkfun.com/products/10632

https://www.sparkfun.com/products/9592

https://www.sparkfun.com/products/529

https://www.sparkfun.com/products/531

For this reason, some of the premium prices are justified.

• Not worth the effort for the type of component (did we really need RGB sound cards?)

We didn't need RGB power supplys ether, nor did ASUS need to put RGB lights on their upcoming monitor.  You can want something and not necessarily need it.

If they don't add to much to the cost, or negatively impact other components of said hardware, I don't mind too much.  Like many have said before me, I can just turn it off.

1. Designed with little thought and simply "bolted on" last gen products without removing any conflicting accents (looking at you Corsair and your yellow accents).

Agreed, RGB for the sake of RGB is pretty dumb, also (while this is subjective) the whole point of RGB is using your own color scheme, so conflicting accents is also pretty dumb.

With that said, I personally think that ASUS's ROG motherboard lineup looks much better after they adopted RGB.

61HAVcEV+3L._SY355_.jpgmaximus-ix-hero-0-1600x1000.jpg

Sorry, the images are different resolutions.

9 hours ago, Castdeath97 said:

Though this is mostly the fault of lazy attempts to offer more customisation with little thought, not necessarily issues with the concept itself. Its good to have peripherals that don't conflict with your setup. 

RGB is a very subjective opinion, as it is only used for aesthetics.  Due to that, the hardcore "function over fashion" people will probably never be pleased.  

As for every one else, people will buy what they are interested in, if that's RGB sound cards, then so be it. (even though I personally think that it's very dumb)

RGB components is still very new, i'm not surprised that some companys are just slapping RGB on everything and seeing what will stick.  And yes, some are just jumping on it just because it's popular right now.

On 9/5/2017 at 6:21 AM, hey_yo_ said:

That one was actually educational because it's about recycling electronics and harvesting precious metals.

Posted: July 12, 2017

Views so far: 926,720

On 9/5/2017 at 6:21 AM, hey_yo_ said:

This Anti-RGB PC is not. 

Posted: September 4, 2017

Views so far: 954,746

I know which video I liked better, but I also know which one I would sponsor...

On 9/4/2017 at 11:06 PM, hey_yo_ said:

It makes me wonder if Linus is actually good in managing his company's finances or he's slowly flushing his company to the drain and he's not aware of it. 

That's kind of a stretch but he does kinda make it seem like they were rushed to produce it. 

On 9/5/2017 at 1:40 PM, crosstiger said:

Kyle did a video building a PC on a yacht. Know that's quality content!

That was fun to watch, and it presented a challenge.

These guys sat in a studio and filmed themselves painting a PC black. That's all they did. They didn't do custom designs with the paint, they just painted it...black. That's it.

The Louvre

Lian-Li PC-O11 DW   |   ZOTAC RTX 2080   |   Core i5 9600k   |   SeaSonic FOCUS Plus 650W Platinum   |   MSI MPG Z390 Gaming Pro Carbon  |  2x16Gb TRIDENT Z ROYAL  |   2xSX8200 240Gb NVME SSD's  |   1x Seagate Firecuda 1TB   |   EVGA Closed Loop Cooler 280mm   |   1x MSI MPG27C Monitor

21 hours ago, SpaceGhostC2C said:

Posted: September 4, 2017

Views so far: 954,746

IMG_5845.PNG.23d10c4ba8a8ceb47b9e6efb46d1b638.PNG

It's LTT bro with a crappy video flow... 

17 hours ago, iPolymer said:

That's kind of a stretch but he does kinda make it seem like they were rushed to produce it. 

IMG_5846.PNG.16b0d3fd34e1592921119e37fd8bc436.PNG

What will happen if they continue to alienate their existing viewers just to pander with kids watching vloggers? 

There is more that meets the eye
I see the soul that is inside

Nah. That looks more like a subtle "dry your eyes and eat a biscuit". ;)

Anyone who tells you that you can't do something is unimaginative and probably a coward.

On 9/4/2017 at 11:35 PM, hey_yo_ said:

At the moment

black.PNG.3eef90347f5500cbfc8e3734d92df2c9.PNG

But yes, this video is kinda pointless and is more for the shock value. It reminds me a lot of the pizza heating PC they made which is another pointless LTT video.

HEY! I LOVED THE PIZZA WARMER PC VIDEO! THAT IS MY FAVORITE!

Build:                                                                          

Intel Core I7 6700k (clocked to 4.6ghz)

Patriot Viper 3000mhz ddr4

ASUS maximus 8 hero (I hate this mobo)

Evga gtx 1080 superclocked

250GB Samsung 850 evo

2tb WD Black 7200rpm

Ek watercooling kit a240g with 360 expansion pack

Primochill Vue Red fluid

Corsair Graphite 600t (white)

You thought "Gee, Donald Trump sure has a great build!"

On 9/4/2017 at 2:13 PM, Jamiec1130 said:

I watched you post it from the livestream! Ha. RGB never was good. 

Says the guy with the RGB apple logo avatar... :D

I like RGB, but I also like it to be able to turn off if I change my mind. 

Intel HEDT and Server platform enthusiasts: Intel HEDT Xeon/i7 Megathread 

Main PC 

CPU: i9 7980XE @4.5GHz/1.22v/-2 AVX offset 

Cooler: EKWB Supremacy Block - custom loop w/360mm +280mm rads 

Motherboard: EVGA X299 Dark 

RAM:4x8GB HyperX Predator DDR4 @3200Mhz CL16 

GPU: Nvidia FE 2060 Super/Corsair HydroX 2070 FE block 

Storage:  1TB MP34 + 1TB 970 Evo + 500GB Atom30 + 250GB 960 Evo 

Optical Drives: LG WH14NS40 

PSU: EVGA 1600W T2 

Case & Fans: Corsair 750D Airflow - 3x Noctua iPPC NF-F12 + 4x Noctua iPPC NF-A14 PWM 

Display: LG 27UK650-W (4K 60Hz IPS panel)

Mouse: EVGA X17

Keyboard: Corsair K55 RGB

Mobile/Work Devices: 2020 M1 MacBook Air (work computer) - iPhone 13 Pro Max - Apple Watch S3

Other Misc Devices: iPod Video (Gen 5.5E, 128GB SD card swap, running Rockbox), Nintendo Switch

13 minutes ago, DarthSmartt said:

said no one except you

Full Specs

Spoiler

Helios EVO (Main):

Delta - Laptop

24 minutes ago, DarthSmartt said:

That video and this anti rgb shit are two of their dumbest videos at the moment. Anyone who says otherwise needs help. 

Just now, hey_yo_ said:

That video and this anti rgb shit are two of their dumbest videos at the moment. Anyone who says otherwise needs help. 

BUT IT WARMED PIZZA!

Build:                                                                          

Intel Core I7 6700k (clocked to 4.6ghz)

Patriot Viper 3000mhz ddr4

ASUS maximus 8 hero (I hate this mobo)

Evga gtx 1080 superclocked

250GB Samsung 850 evo

2tb WD Black 7200rpm

Ek watercooling kit a240g with 360 expansion pack

Primochill Vue Red fluid

Corsair Graphite 600t (white)

You thought "Gee, Donald Trump sure has a great build!"

Just now, DarthSmartt said:

BUT IT WARMED PIZZA!

IMG_0099.GIF.0185c996183d60e65070c87a195a5c00.GIF

I wish they could have done this build right.

• Actually use non-RGB, matte black components
  • Those black LTT edition Noctua fans can make a comeback
  • If they actually need to paint certain parts, use plastidip! They have done it before and it works.
  • Why? Why paint a white case??? I'm sure there is a black PC case in their warehouse just sitting there.

On 2017-9-4 at 3:23 PM, GrayTech said:

So they already killed 2 ROG motherboards this year. xD 

Silly Linus, dropping ROG boards... Among other things 

13 hours ago, MixEcoSystem said:
  • Why? Why paint a white case??? I'm sure there is a black PC case in their warehouse just sitting there.

This is especially puzzling, as Linus has said recently himself that it's very easy to acquire a case nowadays.

On 9/7/2017 at 9:34 AM, hey_yo_ said:

-snip-

What will happen if they continue to alienate their existing viewers just to pander with kids watching vloggers? 

I'm in my 20's and I'm an engineer student who likes fun. He might be pandering to the young people based off trends but it seems like a lot of his views just don't like change. Their are still people who think hsi old low production no script videos are better. Now (I'm thinking of  "4K GAMING AT 120Hz - ON DIY MONITOR!?")he does free roaming 8K camera videos, with unboxings and are better scripted and people are complaining. Always people have to be let go and I remember in 2013-2014 when he transitioned into a full time youtuber with a more structured video format, people unsubscribed, and said that the changes where bad, and the channel will die because he doesn't care about the viewer. It's 2017 and He's still here