What Drives you to live

Evolution.
Go to solution Solved by Gaz3ll3,

I have honestly never thought about this subject. and it can understandably be truly a hard question to answer unlike some of you guys that answered relatively shortly.

In my opinion it is what I don't know that pushes myself forward and yet I do find myself day in and day out never pushing myself to do something different. I may be stuck in a rut with my life and just need that one thing to really push myself in a new direction. Each day I find myself waking up doing the usual human need then getting on the PC and gaming or heading off to work; get home and get back on the PC. Sleep and repeat. I recognize the fact that I have the problem that I fear the unknown and want to have a purpose as to why I go out and leave the house to go do something. Too often than not I want to know the unknown but make too many excuses to not find them out.

As humans there is  always something that gives us the drive to continue to live even those that contemplate suicide they do innately have a reason to live but are not immediately seeing it. 

I live to be myself but at the same time be someone that is me but different. The drive to become someone that is wholly better than I currently am.  

Rn I just want to hit top 500 for Season 6 or 7 in Overwatch. I've improved every season so top 500 should be within reach a season or two from now, right?

I think just hitting GM is top 5000 for NA PC, so I just need to beat 4500 people lol.

if you have to insist you think for yourself, i'm not going to believe you.

2 minutes ago, Suika said:

Rn I just want to hit top 500 for Season 6 or 7 in Overwatch. I've improved every season so top 500 should be within reach a season or two from now, right?

I think just hitting GM is top 5000 for NA PC, so I just need to beat 4500 people lol.

is that drive to live? What's gonna happen when that game dies out?

1 minute ago, VenomZ_ said:

is that drive to live? What's gonna happen when that game dies out?

I'll find a new game to become the best at. Yea I don't do much else with myself, so that's my drive to do stuff.

if you have to insist you think for yourself, i'm not going to believe you.

C:, D: and F:

Those are my drives to live

Spoiler

I cant believe no one made that joke yet

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

11 hours ago, Nuluvius said:

What about sex, can you live without that?

lol I think thats considered part of *living comfortably* implied

Use this guide to fix text problems in your postGo here and here for all your power supply needs

New Build Currently Under Construction! See here!!!! -----> 

Spoiler

Deathwatch:[CPU I7 4790K @ 4.5GHz][RAM TEAM VULCAN 16 GB 1600][MB ASRock Z97 Anniversary][GPU XFX Radeon RX 480 8GB][STORAGE 250GB SAMSUNG EVO SSD Samsung 2TB HDD 2TB WD External Drive][COOLER Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo][PSU Cooler Master 650M][Case Thermaltake Core V31]

Spoiler

Cupid:[CPU Core 2 Duo E8600 3.33GHz][RAM 3 GB DDR2][750GB Samsung 2.5" HDD/HDD Seagate 80GB SATA/Samsung 80GB IDE/WD 325GB IDE][MB Acer M1641][CASE Antec][[PSU Altec 425 Watt][GPU Radeon HD 4890 1GB][TP-Link 54MBps Wireless Card]

Spoiler

Carlile: [CPU 2x Pentium 3 1.4GHz][MB ASUS TR-DLS][RAM 2x 512MB DDR ECC Registered][GPU Nvidia TNT2 Pro][PSU Enermax][HDD 1 IDE 160GB, 4 SCSI 70GB][RAID CARD Dell Perc 3]

Spoiler

Zeonnight [CPU AMD Athlon x2 4400][GPU Sapphire Radeon 4650 1GB][RAM 2GB DDR2]

Spoiler

Server [CPU 2x Xeon L5630][PSU Dell Poweredge 850w][HDD 1 SATA 160GB, 3 SAS 146GB][RAID CARD Dell Perc 6i]

Spoiler

Kero [CPU Pentium 1 133Mhz] [GPU Cirrus Logic LCD 1MB Graphics Controller] [Ram 48MB ][HDD 1.4GB Hitachi IDE]

Spoiler

Mining Rig: [CPU Athlon 64 X2 4400+][GPUS 9 RX 560s, 2 RX 570][HDD 160GB something][RAM 8GBs DDR3][PSUs 1 Thermaltake 700w, 2 Delta 900w 120v Server modded]

RAINBOWS!!!

QUOTE ME SO I CAN SEE YOUR REPLYS!!!!

6 hours ago, dexT said:

It appears you have an extra space in your sentence.

correct.  I noticed it when I was typing the reply, but given I was on a tablet with average touch accuracy and I have sausage fingers it was easier to leave it.

Having said that if you search my post history you will find plenty of spelling mistakes and incorrect word usage.    Fortunately this doesn't stop me correcting people. xD

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

I have no plans to die. I'm sure it will come as a complete surprise, and the process will take way too long, but being dead I won't be able to reflect on it.

Death won't hold any surprises, it'll be just like the previous eternities that unfolded before I arrived.

What keeps me here is the new, and the need to see what happens. Maybe if it gets too painful I'll check out early. We'll see.

2 hours ago, mr moose said:

I have sausage fingers

That's just the wurst.

4 hours ago, TVwazhere said:

C:, D: and F:

Those are my drives to live

Reveal hidden contents

I cant believe no one made that joke yet

I was busy selling out to Sprite. Otherwise, I would have.

5 hours ago, DeadEyePsycho said:

I don't have a reason to die so I live.

That's either optimistically morbid, or pessimistically lighthearted. I haven't decided yet.

2 hours ago, VenomZ_ said:

Im surprised this thread got this many replies

I'm surprised it hasn't been derailed yet.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

And look what I've found in the dirt.

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Something is wrong with this world.

Fierce Bloody Angel

The blood is on your hands

Why did you come to this world?

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

The blood is on your hands.

The blood is on your hands!

Pyo.

Because being dead would fucking suck

My Build:

Spoiler

CPU: i7 4770k GPU: GTX 780 Direct CUII Motherboard: Asus Maximus VI Hero SSD: 840 EVO 250GB HDD: 2xSeagate 2 TB PSU: EVGA Supernova G2 650W

20 minutes ago, Centurius said:

Because being dead would fucking suck

That'll be your downfall, Centurius. You're not open to new experiences.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Fierce Bloody Angel

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

Pyo.

57 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

That's either optimistically morbid, or pessimistically lighthearted. I haven't decided yet.

lol I know I worded it rather morbidly.

It's supposed to be more of a counter question kind of deal.

[Out-of-date] Want to learn how to make your own custom Windows 10 image?

Desktop: AMD R9 3900X | ASUS ROG Strix X570-F | Radeon RX 5700 XT | EVGA GTX 1080 SC | 32GB Trident Z Neo 3600MHz | 1TB 970 EVO | 256GB 840 EVO | 960GB Corsair Force LE | EVGA G2 850W | Phanteks P400S

Laptop: Intel M-5Y10c | Intel HD Graphics | 8GB RAM | 250GB Micron SSD | Asus UX305FA

Server 01: Intel Xeon D 1541 | ASRock Rack D1541D4I-2L2T | 32GB Hynix ECC DDR4 | 4x8TB Western Digital HDDs | 32TB Raw 16TB Usable

Server 02: Intel i7 7700K | Gigabye Z170N Gaming5 | 16GB Trident Z 3200MHz

Just now, DeadEyePsycho said:

lol I know I worded it rather morbidly.

It's supposed to be more of a counter question kind of deal.

Optimistically morbid it is.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Fierce Bloody Angel

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

Pyo.

21 hours ago, Tsuki said:

4 kids and a wife that can cook

Wife, one kid (soon to be a second), 6 cats....and the fact my wife would most likely find a way to bring me back to life....then kill me again....and repeat.  So living is far less dangerous than her. 

Current Build

AMD Ryzen 2600

Stock cooler

Asus ROG B450f gaming Mobo

1tb SKHynix m.2

WD 1TB HDD

Asus ROG Strix RX 5700xt

Thermaltake Toughpower 650w DPS RGB 80+Gold

16 Gigs ddr4 3000 gskill ram

Phantek fans

Phanteks P400TG

Laptop

Eluktronics Prometheus XVII

Ryzen 7 5800h

32 gigs ddr4 Corsair ram

Nvidia rtx 3080 max-p

17.3 qhd 165 hrz screen

1tb Samsung m.2

1tb WD black m.2

If I am to be completely frank, my chief reason to live is simply the fact that I am alive.

As for my two major secondary drives:

-Learning.

-Strong AI. Think GLaDOS, Cortana, Data, HAL 9000, EDI... I honestly can't tell how far we are, but that is what truly interests me.

"Do as I say, not as I do."

-Because you actually care if it makes sense.

My job.

As boring as being a lawyer sounds, I love every minute of it.  To the average person, reviewing a 300 page documents sounds very mind numbing, but I find it very rewarding.  

Just now, VenomZ_ said:

did the bald head and the white hair show up yet

You can't have a bald head AND white hair! :) 

Oculus Rift

| CPU: Core i7-8700K @ 4.89ghz - 1.21v  Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z370-E GAMING  CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 |
| GPU: MSI RTX 3080Ti Ventus 3X OC  RAM: 32GB T-Force Delta RGB 3066mhz |
| Displays: Acer Predator XB270HU 1440p Gsync 144hz IPS Gaming monitor | Oculus Quest 2 VR

Just now, VenomZ_ said:

57310141-bald-head-and-white-hair-asia-a

1446569619-amber-rose-shaved-head.jpg

1-I'm not that old! :)

2-Shes not bald-she's shaved.  

I have honestly never thought about this subject. and it can understandably be truly a hard question to answer unlike some of you guys that answered relatively shortly.

In my opinion it is what I don't know that pushes myself forward and yet I do find myself day in and day out never pushing myself to do something different. I may be stuck in a rut with my life and just need that one thing to really push myself in a new direction. Each day I find myself waking up doing the usual human need then getting on the PC and gaming or heading off to work; get home and get back on the PC. Sleep and repeat. I recognize the fact that I have the problem that I fear the unknown and want to have a purpose as to why I go out and leave the house to go do something. Too often than not I want to know the unknown but make too many excuses to not find them out.

As humans there is  always something that gives us the drive to continue to live even those that contemplate suicide they do innately have a reason to live but are not immediately seeing it. 

I live to be myself but at the same time be someone that is me but different. The drive to become someone that is wholly better than I currently am.