Is watercooling dangerous?

Iam a guy who have ocd about his products and especially when it comes to cooling, i was thinking to upgrade to water cooling since the phantek cpu fan aint doing it's job well as im getting 71 c while playing battlefield 1. but my question is? is it possible the water cooling to leaks? i see everyone is using it with no problems but i wanna make sure,

When done carefully, and with patience and an understanding what the loop materials are capable of, along with care for maintenance, custom loops can be very rewarding to do.

But the question that needs to be answered here is what CPU cooler are you using and what CPU are you using?

"The only thing that matters right now is that you're here, and you're safe."

2 minutes ago, Hiitchy said:

When done carefully, and with patience and an understanding what the loop materials are capable of, along with care for maintenance, custom loops can be very rewarding to do.

But the question that needs to be answered here is what CPU cooler are you using and what CPU are you using?

To be honest with you im frustrated i have the i7 6700k and the phantek ph tc14pe and when i builded my computer from 1 year ago it was perfect the temps were 26c at idle and while gaming around 50c-60c max now i dont know what happened all i did from a while is bios update and that was it for changes. And i did update my windows to creator version and that was it. My idle temps now are 31c and while gaming 70c like i dont understand what happened

Just now, charbel1011 said:

To be honest with you im frustrated i have the i7 6700k and the phantek ph tc14pe and when i builded my computer from 1 year ago it was perfect the temps were 26c at idle and while gaming around 50c-60c max now i dont know what happened all i did from a while is bios update and that was it for changes. And i did update my windows to creator version and that was it. My idle temps now are 31c and while gaming 70c like i dont understand what happened

Have you tried reapplying thermal paste and cleaning out your PC if there is a small buildup of dust? What kind of environment is your PC kept in? Do you have any background apps that may be using more of your CPU than before?

"The only thing that matters right now is that you're here, and you're safe."

The chance of there being an issue is very small, although it is best to always have a plan in case something goes wrong.

Personally, if my water cooling loop leaked and killed everything in the system it would be pretty sad, although I have several spare computers to use in the downtime and have contingency budget set aside to replace it all.

2 minutes ago, charbel1011 said:

Consider replacing the thermal paste, and/or try undervolting it.

Of course it can leak, it's just very rare.

Search google and you will find thousands of leaks everywhere.

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

8 minutes ago, Hiitchy said:

Have you tried reapplying thermal paste and cleaning out your PC if there is a small buildup of dust? What kind of environment is your PC kept in? Do you have any background apps that may be using more of your CPU than before?

I dont understand like i get perfect idle temps. And when i game it rise like crazy. And my temps are not stable whipe gaming theu go from 50-60-70-80 rarely 80 but still. How can i check what apps are taking most of my cpu? Probably they are the problem

If all that happened was a BIOS update and you're 100% certain nothing else happened, then my only theory is the old BIOS had wrong values in the temperature sensor look up table, giving you lower readings than it really was. That or the new ones are giving you higher readings than they really are.

The only way to verify it is to get a second opinion via a thermal probe or something.

5 minutes ago, M.Yurizaki said:

If all that happened was a BIOS update and you're 100% certain nothing else happened, then my only theory is the old BIOS had wrong values in the temperature sensor look up table, giving you lower readings than it really was. That or the new ones are giving you higher readings than they really are.

The only way to verify it is to get a second opinion via a thermal probe or something.

What do you mean thermal probe? And if i wanna go the watercooling way? What are my options and money is not a problem

Don't sweat those temps man.  You are hurting absolutely nothing running it at that temps.  Well below tjmax.  Lower temps are cool to see, but you are 100% fine where you are.

i9-9900k @ 5.1GHz || EVGA 3080 ti FTW3 EK Cooled || EVGA z390 Dark || G.Skill TridentZ 32gb 4000MHz C16

970 Pro 1tb || 860 Evo 2tb || BeQuiet Dark Base Pro 900 || EVGA P2 1200w || AOC Agon AG352UCG

Cooled by: Heatkiller || Hardware Labs || Bitspower || Noctua || EKWB

It depends what type of water cooling is used. Unless you care a lot about aesthetics there is no reason for custom water cooling. AIO coolers are less risky. 

5 minutes ago, charbel1011 said:

What do you mean thermal probe?

Something that you can stick between the heatsink and the processor to get a temperature reading. Or at the very least, something like an IR thermometer.

And if i wanna go the watercooling way? What are my options and money is not a problem

Then I'm not going to stop you if those temperatures really bother you, but those temperatures are fine. If you're not willing to risk an open loop system, an AIO will do the job just fine.

A custom ssetup is nice, but a good AIO with 4 good fans running push/pull are very capable.  My h115i using 4 Noiseblocker eLoop fans cool my 7820x fireball VERY well.

i9-9900k @ 5.1GHz || EVGA 3080 ti FTW3 EK Cooled || EVGA z390 Dark || G.Skill TridentZ 32gb 4000MHz C16

970 Pro 1tb || 860 Evo 2tb || BeQuiet Dark Base Pro 900 || EVGA P2 1200w || AOC Agon AG352UCG

2 minutes ago, M.Yurizaki said:

Something that you can stick between the heatsink and the processor to get a temperature reading. Or at the very least, something like an IR thermometer.

Then I'm not going to stop you if those temperatures really bother you, but those temperatures are fine. If you're not willing to risk an open loop system, an AIO will do the job just fine.

Do you  recommend any specific water cooler? So i can order it? I mean like i dont know honestly most of my friends in my work sre tempting me to get water cooling as they already have it.  And their temps are perfect. Like 70c while gaming like i honestly dont know what to do 

11 minutes ago, TahoeDust said:

A custom ssetup is nice, but a good AIO with 4 good fans running push/pull are very capable.  My h115i using 4 Noiseblocker eLoop fans cool my 7820x fireball VERY well.

Do you recommend it? Or its too extreme because i dont overclock the only overclock i have is the xmp is on probably

2 minutes ago, charbel1011 said:

Do you recommend it? Or its too extreme because i dont overclock the only overclock i have is the xmp is on probably

I love it, but it is overkill.  Buy a solid AIO and start overclocking.  You are leaving free performance on the table.

Corsair and NZXT both make good stuff.

17 minutes ago, TahoeDust said:

I love it, but it is overkill.  Buy a solid AIO and start overclocking.  You are leaving free performance on the table.

Corsair and NZXT both make good stuff.

I heard if u run your computer 24/7 like you use it a lot theres a chance that the pump leaks ?

6 minutes ago, charbel1011 said:

I heard if u run your computer 24/7 like you use it a lot theres a chance that the pump leaks ?

I have never heard that.  My machines run 24/7 and have never had any kind of leak issues.

39 minutes ago, TahoeDust said:

I have never heard that.  My machines run 24/7 and have never had any kind of leak issues.

Im very bad at finding a product and comparing it to other product to know which one is good can u recommend one?

Just now, charbel1011 said:

Im very bad at finding a product and comparing it to other product to know which one is good can u recommend one?

Do you have room for a 280mm or 240mm?  What kind of case?

22 minutes ago, TahoeDust said:

Do you have room for a 280mm or 240mm?  What kind of case?

I have the phantek enthoo pro, but the problem is at the top where u have to connect the fans for the water coolers are filled with 3 cooling fans lol but i can take them out. 

Corsair H115i or NZXT Kraken x62

26 minutes ago, TahoeDust said:

Corsair H115i or NZXT Kraken x62

The nzxt looks good, i cant even imagine if this pump leaks i will be super depressed to lose my pc