Sony Loses Class Action Lawsuit on the waterproofness of their Z series phones/tablets

Mr.Meerkat
4 hours ago, Zodiark1593 said:

So my Dads Z3 he brought underwater and killed almost three years ago?

Freshwater or saltwater?

There is more that meets the eye
I see the soul that is inside

1 hour ago, hey_yo_ said:

Freshwater or saltwater?

Swimming pool.

My eyes see the past…

My camera lens sees the present…

Dropped my Z5 in the shower this morning for about the 400th time. Still works perfectly, and yes, it got submerged. However, would I go swimming with it? Probably not. Also, never lost my Z1 or Z3+ to water despite their nearly daily dunking.

4 minutes ago, IntMD said:

Dropped my Z5 in the shower this morning for about the 400th time. Still works perfectly, and yes, it got submerged. However, would I go swimming with it? Probably not. Also, never lost my Z1 or Z3+ to water despite their nearly daily dunking.

maybe both of us just lucked out...or maybe its just people don't frigging understand that for a device that relies on seals to keep the water out, you have to make sure its properly sealed every single time :D 

Looking at my signature are we now? Well too bad there's nothing here...

What? As I said, there seriously is nothing here :) 

1 minute ago, Mr.Meerkat said:

maybe both of us just lucked out...or maybe its just people don't frigging understand that for a device that relies on seals to keep the water out, you have to make sure its properly sealed every single time :D 

To be honest, I've never actually even looked if the seals were properly closed either, so I must be super lucky... ;)

Just now, Jito463 said:

Why would you have your phone in the shower......?

Music? 

Looking at my signature are we now? Well too bad there's nothing here...

What? As I said, there seriously is nothing here :) 

Just now, Jito463 said:

Why would you have your phone in the shower......?

Play music, watch a video, read the news in the morning etc...

4 minutes ago, IntMD said:

Play music, watch a video, read the news in the morning etc...

That just seems odd to me, because for music you can leave it just outside the shower; and do you really spend so much time in there that you have a chance to even watch the video or read the news?  Personally, if I'm in the shower, it's because I'm taking a shower and getting clean.  I don't have time for any other activities.  I get in, clean up and get out.

Not dictating what you can do, I just find it peculiar.

4 minutes ago, Jito463 said:

That just seems odd to me, because for music you can leave it just outside the shower; and do you really spend so much time in there that you have a chance to even watch the video or read the news?  Personally, if I'm in the shower, it's because I'm taking a shower and getting clean.  I don't have time for any other activities.  I get in, clean up and get out.

Not dictating what you can do, I just find it peculiar.

I spend way too much time in the shower. It is my favourite place. You can't hear very well, either if you put it outside my shower, it has got a decent high powered stream of water.

Sounds good to me, companies need to know that truth in advertising matters.  "Absolute" statements like "water proof" are rarely if ever true, even in theory, never mind practice.  It's no different than calling something that's drop-resistance "invincible".

The news about it only applying in the US is stupid though, obviously this affects customers world wide. -_-

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.