So Much Hate for Linus on Facebook

So I have been seeing some of the recent posts on Facebook by @LinusTech and it seems that every single time there is so much hate saying Linus is just being a show off and all of that nonsense.

What are your guys thoughts on this?

My personal thoughts are, that Linus has worked hard to be where he is at today, and If he wants to show off a bunch of GPU's or a 34in Ultrawide with a bunch of dust on it then that is his right. To me its no different then someone here on the forums showing off their impressive builds that they have done.

CPU: Ryzen 7 3800X RAM: 32GB Corsair Vengeance PRO RGB SL 3600mhz GPU: RTX 3060TI SSD: WD Black 1TB NVME SDD: WD Black 500GB NVME

Linus has gotten to the point of popularity that its become cool to hate on him on facebook. Same thing happened with Call of Duty, Game of Thrones, and *insert any pop singer here*

CPU: I5 4590 Motherboard: ASROCK H97 Pro4 Ram: XPG 16gb v2.0 4x4 kit  GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 PSU: EVGA 550w Supernova G2 Storage: 128 gb Sandisk SSD + 525gb Mx300 SSD Cooling: Be Quiet! Shadow Rock LP Case: Zalman T2 Sound: Logitech Z506 5.1 Mouse: Razer Deathadder Chroma Keyboard: DBPower LED

Just now, Lurick said:

not much you can do

I understand that there isn't really anything that can be done but to me it seems that they have all this hate towards Linus that is unjust. Maybe Im bias but I do not seem to see the same hate towards @JayzTwoCents on his posts or anything...i dunno just seems like people want to hate because they do not have the equipment he has?

CPU: Ryzen 7 3800X RAM: 32GB Corsair Vengeance PRO RGB SL 3600mhz GPU: RTX 3060TI SSD: WD Black 1TB NVME SDD: WD Black 500GB NVME

1 minute ago, Moress said:

Linus has gotten to the point of popularity that its become cool to hate on him on facebook. Same thing happened with Call of Duty, Game of Thrones, and *insert any pop singer here*

So you are saying Linus is the tech worlds Taylor Swift?

Just now, CA8OOS3 said:

Basically yeah. 

2 minutes ago, nerdslayer1 said:

that's not hate, just opinions. 

Congrats you have successfully joined the "I hate it because its popular" group, want your internet cookie now or later?

CPU: I5 4590 Motherboard: ASROCK H97 Pro4 Ram: XPG 16gb v2.0 4x4 kit  GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 PSU: EVGA 550w Supernova G2 Storage: 128 gb Sandisk SSD + 525gb Mx300 SSD Cooling: Be Quiet! Shadow Rock LP Case: Zalman T2 Sound: Logitech Z506 5.1 Mouse: Razer Deathadder Chroma Keyboard: DBPower LED

Linus created a company from nothing (Something I have helped with in my own life) and took all the risk and ridicule from people along the way. If you have never started a business or done something new on this scale, you have no f*cking idea how much work it is and how scary it can be. Linus has worked his gutz out for everything he has, just like everyone at LTT. There are always going to be people out there who tear down others for following their dreams.

Also who gives a flying F8ck what those people think? Your real brave criticizing from your studio apartment before you go flip burgers for the day. When you have done everything he has, then you can maybe offer some shade, until then shut the F8ck up.

I would rather agree on what we share, than fight on what we don't. - Myself

FULL PC SPECS ON PROFILE https://linustechtips.com/main/profile/454099-thinkfreely/

Just now, Moress said:

Congrats you have successfully joined the "I hate it because its popular" group, want your internet cookie now or later?

my opinions hurt you? 

1 minute ago, Moress said:

want your internet cookie now or later?

if_you_give_a_sloth_a_cookie_by_wilykat13-d4wl5rj.jpg.6964f5547f7eb9f0abe2cca807b93f07.jpg

now 

4 minutes ago, CA8OOS3 said:

Shrill, skinny, quickly goes from project to project.

Huh, you might be on to something there...

You kidding me? LinusTechTips, as a brand, is about doing absolutely outrageous shit with tech for the benefit of us viewers. I don't think anything he does is "showing off, as its all in the name of LTT.

i5 6600k and GTX 1070 but I play 1600-900. 1440p BABY!

Still, don't put too much faith in my buying decisions. xD 

I guess I just do not understand the audacity of some people. It doesn't make sense to me. I was raised to show respect to people and generally not be a dick and a crybaby. Maybe it is something to do with people who want things without working for it.

This quote was taken from Facebook. I just do not understand and will not I guess.

Kinda show off. We can't even afford one of those yet they brazenly show it "how many we have and you're not having any of these. Laughs on you!"

I really hope that people can just stop being so stupid.

12 minutes ago, CA8OOS3 said:

This quote was taken from Facebook. I just do not understand and will not I guess.

Kinda show off. We can't even afford one of those yet they brazenly show it "how many we have and you're not having any of these. Laughs on you!"

I really hope that people can just stop being so stupid.

That quote is a perfect example of someone getting PO'd cause they can't have what someone else has. It took me TWO YEARS to save up for my dream PC, and I can happily say I have it now. People nowadays don't understand hard work and dedication to be successful, instead they frown upon the others who are already there.

They're Facebook people, that's what they do.

Sounds like they're still a few lawn trimmings away from their first gaming pc.

I think Linus is selling a bit too much out. But hey his business is more than fan so who am I to judge his business decisions?

All in all --> I don't care

Welcome to Facebook.

There’s way more tech-illiterate people over there than in many other places.

That’s okay, but what really gets on my nerves is when they start acting as if they know tech better than people who actually have tech experience.

The Workhorse (AMD-powered custom desktop)

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X | GPU: MSI X Trio GeForce RTX 2070S | RAM: XPG Spectrix D60G 32GB DDR4-3200 | Storage: 512GB XPG SX8200P + 2TB 7200RPM Seagate Barracuda Compute | OS: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro

The Portable Workstation (Apple MacBook Pro 16" 2021)

SoC: Apple M1 Max (8+2 core CPU w/ 32-core GPU) | RAM: 32GB unified LPDDR5 | Storage: 1TB PCIe Gen4 SSD | OS: macOS Monterey

The Communicator (Apple iPhone 13 Pro)

SoC: Apple A15 Bionic | RAM: 6GB LPDDR4X | Storage: 128GB internal w/ NVMe controller | Display: 6.1" 2532x1170 "Super Retina XDR" OLED with VRR at up to 120Hz | OS: iOS 15.1

Actually the horrible facebook (and youtube) comments played a big part in me finally getting around to registering on the forum. Figured there'd be less hate and more tech talk here. I think a lot of people are just crazy jealous and never learned how to behave, but yeah, it definitely seems to be getting worse.

Anyone who tells you that you can't do something is unimaginative and probably a coward.

17 hours ago, CA8OOS3 said:

So I have been seeing some of the recent posts on Facebook by @LinusTech and it seems that every single time there is so much hate saying Linus is just being a show off and all of that nonsense.

17 hours ago, CA8OOS3 said:

My personal thoughts are, that Linus has worked hard to be where he is at today, and If he wants to show off a bunch of GPU's or a 34in Ultrawide with a bunch of dust on it then that is his right. To me its no different then someone here on the forums showing off their impressive builds that they have done.

Before any fanboys gets mad at me please read the entire post, count to 20 and then respond.

Maybe, just maybe, you're both right?

You can be a hard working, and a show off. One does not exclude the other. I mean, you even said it in your own post. Linus posting things on Facebook "is no different from someone on the forums showing off their impressive builds that they have done".

You can work hard to afford something, and then be a show off about it. One does not exclude the other.

Yes, Linus has the right to show off his stuff if he wants, but people also have the right to find it annoying.

Show off is defined as:

to behave in a way that is intended to attract attention or admiration, and that other people often find annoying:

I have not been to Linus' Facebook, but if it is anything like his Twitter (which I unfollowed when he literally started spamming ads for stuff like DHL on it, I thought it had been hijacked at first) then he uses it to attract attention. So the "haters" would be 100% correct in saying that he is showing off.

What I find weird though, is the amount of energy people waste on being offended on behalf of Linus. Why do you care if someone dislikes Linus? (This is more of a trend I have noticed recently by the way, not something specific to this thread).

A lot of people have said that Nirvanna The Band The Show is just immature and stupid humor. I think those people are imbeciles but if they want to show everyone what morons they are then I won't stop them. At the end of the day, they are the ones making fools out of themselves, not me.

I won't waste time or energy being offended that someone dislikes something I like.

You and your hobbies are not the same thing. Stop being offended when someone don't like your hobbies. An attack on your hobby is not an attack against you.

Linus is a grown man. I think he can handle criticism/haters without having a squad of children pat him on his back and constantly tell him how awesome he is, and that he should ignore the haters.

8 minutes ago, LAwLz said:

Before any fanboys gets mad at me please read the entire post, count to 20 and then respond.

You can be a hard working, and a show off. One does not exclude the other. I mean, you even said it in your own post. Linus posting things on Facebook "is no different from someone on the forums showing off their impressive builds that they have done".

You can work hard to afford something, and then be a show off about it. One does not exclude the other.

Yes, Linus has the right to show off his stuff if he wants, but people also have the right to find it annoying.

Show off is defined as:

I have not been to Linus' Facebook, but if it is anything like his Twitter (which I unfollowed when he literally started spamming ads for stuff like DHL on it, I thought it had been hijacked at first) then he uses it to attract attention. So the "haters" would be 100% correct in saying that he is showing off.

What I find weird though, is the amount of energy people waste on being offended on behalf of Linus. Why do you care if someone dislikes Linus? (This is more of a trend I have noticed recently by the way, not something specific to this thread).

A lot of people have said that Nirvanna The Band The Show is just immature and stupid humor. I think those people are imbeciles but if they want to show everyone what morons they are then I won't stop them. At the end of the day, they are the ones making fools out of themselves, not me.

I won't waste time or energy being offended that someone dislikes something I like.

You and your hobbies are not the same thing. Stop being offended when someone don't like your hobbies. An attack on your hobby is not an attack against you.

Linus is a grown man. I think he can handle criticism/haters without having a squad of children pat him on his back and constantly tell him how awesome he is, and that he should ignore the haters.

I'm new to this forum and the reason I came into this topic is seeing a lot of the people in this community acting like this. You made some interesting points and if you're true to them then hats off to you.

Here, in this forum I see people being offended on behalf of the brands, let alone other individuals. A user who defends a device or brand like it is their life, and if you disagree with them, they will bash you as hard as they can.

Having that said, it's obvious that  they will also get offended if you showoff with something that has a potential attention seeking ability, which can divert others from seeing their show-off collection.

Anyway, as I said I'm new and maybe I've just only seen the foam on the sea.

TL;DR, lots of sensitive people in this community, we can't be bothered with every single one of them. There's a long way for this community to get matured.

1 hour ago, LAwLz said:

Show off is defined as:

I get your point I do and really this was just a sort of open discussion. Just the amount of hate and fighting and drama I see exploding on Facebook is ridiculous is really all I was getting and was just making observations.

I do not know I would consider myself a Linus Fan Boy or whatever but I am sure there are that feel they have to protect him.

I wouldn't say I am offended by any person's comments because at the end of the day people are allowed to formulate their own opinions. I mean this is not North Korea here and i am very sure the Linus "The Supreme Leader" does in fact poop.

8 minutes ago, CA8OOS3 said:

I get your point I do and really this was just a sort of open discussion. Just the amount of hate and fighting and drama I see exploding on Facebook is ridiculous is really all I was getting and was just making observations.

I do not know I would consider myself a Linus Fan Boy or whatever but I am sure there are that feel they have to protect him.

I wouldn't say I am offended by any person's comments because at the end of the day people are allowed to formulate their own opinions. I mean this is not North Korea here and i am very sure the Linus "The Supreme Leader" does in fact poop.

Yeah I didn't want you to feel like that comment was aimed directly at you.

That's why I added the "This is more of a trend I have noticed recently by the way, not something specific to this thread" but I think it came across as aimed at you anyway.

The biggest example of this I have seen recently is the Corridor video. They made a video response to Linus unboxing the Red camera, and they criticize Linus for criticize the cost of the camera.

As a response Linus fans flooded the comment section, telling Corridor to kill themselves, that they were haters, thumbed the video down a lot and so on.

In the thread I was reading before this one someone said they were glad the Corridor video had like 50% thumbs down.