CPU: I5 7500 (With Stock Cooler)

GPU: Gigabyte Rx 580 Gaming 8G

RAM: Adata XPG 2x8 GB

Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-B250-HD3

PSU: EVGA 750 B2

HDD: Western Digital 1TB

SSD: Kingston 128GB

WIFI Adapter: Dlink DWA 582

*No antivirus, all latest drivers from manufacturer website, as far as i know)

With that over, onto my problem.

Back in sometime around April, i built a new Gaming PC for my friend. At first everything went smoothly but after recently installing Grand Theft Auto 5, he gas been experiencing repeated game crashes as well as BSOD, mostly while gaming. I have reinstalled windows as well as all of the drivers multiple times. The error codes we have made  note of from the Blue Screens are:

SYSTEM SERVICE EXCEPTION

KMODE EXCEPTION NOT HANDELED (dxgkrnl.sys)

BAD POOL HEADER

DPC WATCHDOG VIOLATION

DRIVER IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL

PAGE FAULT IN NON PAGE AREA 

I've looked everywhere, but nobody seems to be having the same problems at the scale that we are.

Sorry for the long post, and thanks for reading it, as any help what so ever would be much appreciated.

Sidenote: I only have access to a GPU and Hard Drive compatible with his PC, which i will be putting in to test for hardware issues there.

try running memtest86 for a few hours, see if anything is wrong with the RAM.

QUOTE/TAG ME WHEN REPLYING

Spend As Much Time Writing Your Question As You Want Me To Spend Responding To It.

If I'm wrong, please point it out. I'm always learning & I won't bite.

Desktop:

Delidded Core i7 4770K - GTX 1070 ROG Strix - 16GB DDR3 - Lots of RGB lights I never change

Laptop:

HP Spectre X360 - i7 8560U - MX150 - 2TB SSD - 16GB DDR4

1 minute ago, RadiatingLight said:

This. Most BSODs are ram related or windows being broken. I had to RMA my RAM twice on my previous machine before I got working RAM.

5 minutes ago, justin200207s said:

To Begin, the specs of the computer are as follows:

CPU: I5 7500 (With Stock Cooler)

GPU: Gigabyte Rx 580 Gaming 8G

RAM: Adata XPG 2x8 GB

Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-B250-HD3

PSU: EVGA 750 B2

HDD: Western Digital 1TB

SSD: Kingston 128GB

WIFI Adapter: Dlink DWA 582

*No antivirus, all latest drivers from manufacturer website, as far as i know)

With that over, onto my problem.

Back in sometime around April, i built a new Gaming PC for my friend. At first everything went smoothly but after recently installing Grand Theft Auto 5, he gas been experiencing repeated game crashes as well as BSOD, mostly while gaming. I have reinstalled windows as well as all of the drivers multiple times. The error codes we have made  note of from the Blue Screens are:

SYSTEM SERVICE EXCEPTION

KMODE EXCEPTION NOT HANDELED (dxgkrnl.sys)

BAD POOL HEADER

DPC WATCHDOG VIOLATION

DRIVER IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL

PAGE FAULT IN NON PAGE AREA 

I've looked everywhere, but nobody seems to be having the same problems at the scale that we are.

Sorry for the long post, and thanks for reading it, as any help what so ever would be much appreciated.

Sidenote: I only have access to a GPU and Hard Drive compatible with his PC, which i will be putting in to test for hardware issues there.

I had the exact same problem.

Your memory is bad.

When I first built my main rig I had two sticks of used Corsair memory, one of them was bad, causing runtime memory corruption.

If I had ECC, the other stick would have helped reduce crashes but once a certain capacity threshold was reached I would crash and BSOD frequently with no clear fault.

Try removing each stick of memory to see which is at fault.

15 hours ago, RadiatingLight said:

I ran  memtest86 and after about 3 hours there were over 100 errors. I'm running it now with only 1 stick in, and there are 9 errors (2 in test 6, 1 in 7, 2 in 8 and 4 in 9). I'm going to test the other stick as well, but when can i say my problem is caused by RAM, and with enough certainty to go through the RMA process.

16 minutes ago, justin200207s said:

I ran  memtest86 and after about 3 hours there were over 100 errors. I'm running it now with only 1 stick in, and there are 9 errors (2 in test 6, 1 in 7, 2 in 8 and 4 in 9). I'm going to test the other stick as well, but when can i say my problem is caused by RAM, and with enough certainty to go through the RMA process.

Yep.

RAM that is running correctly will result in zero errors, even when run for weeks.

QUOTE/TAG ME WHEN REPLYING

Spend As Much Time Writing Your Question As You Want Me To Spend Responding To It.

If I'm wrong, please point it out. I'm always learning & I won't bite.

Desktop:

Delidded Core i7 4770K - GTX 1070 ROG Strix - 16GB DDR3 - Lots of RGB lights I never change

Laptop:

HP Spectre X360 - i7 8560U - MX150 - 2TB SSD - 16GB DDR4

19 minutes ago, justin200207s said:

They'll want the whole kit back.