Fractal Design releases cases with Tempered Glass!

Now I need to decide if I should get one and move everything over from my Phanteks P400 TG. 

CPU: Intel 5930K - GPU: EVGA Nvidia GTX 980Ti SSCMotherboard: Asus X-99 PRO/USB 3.1 - RAM: 32GB HyperX Savage @ 2800mhz CL14  Case: Phtanteks Eclipse P400 Tempered Glass - Cooling: Corsair H100i V2 / Fractal Design Venturi Fans Storage: PNY XLR8 120 GB SSD (OS) + Seagate 2TB HDD (Games)

Phanteks Enthoo Pro M TG says hello lol

3 hours ago, Mattb6288 said:

Now I need to decide if I should get one and move everything over from my Phanteks P400 TG. 

That's the next case getting for an R7 build in gunmetal. It's only $80 USD here.

Looks way better IMO

3a46430d025657cdb92d0be069af2b37.1600.jpg

9f034c391ef72f14ac6cce54e9ecf7ed.1600.jpg

They should make an all-american version with bulletproof glass and an eagle on the side.

PS: Also a canadian version with a wood finish and a beaver on the side.

TBH I don't think TG fits very well with the overall design of the case. I think they should make a brand new case design that is built around the TG, not what looks like a hot fix. 

A nice clean metal case with TG would have been nice. 

Before you buy amp and dac.  My thoughts on the M50x  Ultimate Ears Reference monitor review I might have a thing for audio...

My main Headphones and IEMs:  K612 pro, HD 25 and Ultimate Ears Reference Monitor, HD 580 with HD 600 grills

DAC and AMP: RME ADI 2 DAC

Speakers: Genelec 8040, System Audio SA205

Receiver: Denon AVR-1612

Desktop: R7 1700, GTX 1080  RX 580 8GB and other stuff

Laptop: ThinkPad P50: i7 6820HQ, M2000M. ThinkPad T420s: i7 2640M, NVS 4200M

Feel free to pm me if you have a question for me or quote me. If you want to hear what I have to say about something just tag me.

15 hours ago, Zando Bob said:

I've got a Corsair SPEC-02 with an acrylic side panel, and it gets scratched really easily, even though I try and b careful with it. TG is much better, clearer, doesn't scratch as easily, and looks more "legit".

Ah fair enough, if it's going to not get scratched then that is a plus on it's own isn't it! 

Current Build:

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 2600 // Mobo: Ryzen AM4 B350 GAMING PLUS ATX // RAM: 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3000MHz // GPU: Gigabyte AMD Radeon RX 580 Gaming 8GB // SSD: Kingston A400 120GB // HDD: 3 x WD Blue 1TB // PSUCorsair 650M // Case: Corsair 450D // Monitor: LG Ultrawide 29" IPS

Plex Server:

CPU: AMD FX 8350 Black Edition // Mobo: Gigabyte - GA-78LMT-USB3 R2 Micro ATX // RAM: 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1600 MHz // GPU: GeForce GTX 670 // HDD: Seagate BarraCuda 2TB // PSU: Kolink Core Series 500W 80 Plus Certified // Case: AVP Viper Mini Tower

Other:

PS4 Pro // PS3 // Nintendo Switch (Pokemon edition) // Nintendo 3DS // Xbox 360 // iPhone 8 Plus // Macbook Retina 2013

Really tempted by this. Have wanted to down size my footprint for a while (coming from a define s), but I need place for a 30 mm 360 rad in the front and two HDDs. Do any of you have the define c and would be able to tell me how much space can be freed by moving the HDD trays back and how many space would then be left for the PSU?

These are the kind of cases I will never be able to afford sadly :P

13 minutes ago, QBtech said:

Really tempted by this. Have wanted to down size my footprint for a while (coming from a define s), but I need place for a 30 mm 360 rad in the front and two HDDs. Do any of you have the define c and would be able to tell me how much space can be freed by moving the HDD trays back and how many space would then be left for the PSU?

If you can move the pump somewhere else and also a short PSU. you may have to mount the fans between the front panel though

Any updates on release/price yet anyone? 

Current Build:

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 2600 // Mobo: Ryzen AM4 B350 GAMING PLUS ATX // RAM: 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3000MHz // GPU: Gigabyte AMD Radeon RX 580 Gaming 8GB // SSD: Kingston A400 120GB // HDD: 3 x WD Blue 1TB // PSUCorsair 650M // Case: Corsair 450D // Monitor: LG Ultrawide 29" IPS

Plex Server:

CPU: AMD FX 8350 Black Edition // Mobo: Gigabyte - GA-78LMT-USB3 R2 Micro ATX // RAM: 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1600 MHz // GPU: GeForce GTX 670 // HDD: Seagate BarraCuda 2TB // PSU: Kolink Core Series 500W 80 Plus Certified // Case: AVP Viper Mini Tower

Other:

PS4 Pro // PS3 // Nintendo Switch (Pokemon edition) // Nintendo 3DS // Xbox 360 // iPhone 8 Plus // Macbook Retina 2013

24 minutes ago, Rhyss said:

Any updates on release/price yet anyone? 

it's available now at newegg for 95 murican bucks

9 minutes ago, RelyBedGrammer said:

it's available now at newegg for 95 murican bucks

Cheers buddy!

Current Build:

Plex Server:

Other:

22 hours ago, Ginger137 said:

It looks alright, but exactly like 90% of all the other tg cases. 

The lack of creativity is super disappointing

It's just a TG side panel for an already awesome case...  What is there to be disappointed about?  If you liked the Define C before, you now have another option available.  In what way is that disappointing?

i7 4790k @4.7 | GTX 1070 Strix | Z97 Sabertooth | 32GB  DDR3 2400 mhz | Intel 750 SSD | Define R5 | Corsair K70 | Steel Series Rival | XB271, 1440p, IPS, 165hz | 5.1 Surround
PC Build

Desk Build

1 hour ago, CostcoSamples said:

It's just a TG side panel for an already awesome case...  What is there to be disappointed about?  If you liked the Define C before, you now have another option available.  In what way is that disappointing?

Maybe not dissapointing  theres more options for fractal cases, but all they did was slap a TG panel on a case that looks like every other case on the market. 

Honestly besides minor differences you can't tell it apart on the outside from a dozen of the other most popular tg cases.

They should of made a new case or something, something to be different from the same groove every case manufacturer is sadly in. 

Fanboys are the worst thing to happen to the tech community World. Chief among them are Apple fanboys. 

On 02/08/2017 at 4:52 PM, Bananasplit_00 said:

dosent look especially good, was nice that one of the major brands were keeping away from the god damn TG but they couldent keep away it seems

Sounds so pretentious... "My case manufacturer doesn't do TG therefore it's better".

Or one of those "I don't like A therefore you are not allowed to enjoy it either".

25 minutes ago, Ginger137 said:

Maybe not dissapointing  theres more options for fractal cases, but all they did was slap a TG panel on a case that looks like every other case on the market. 

Honestly besides minor differences you can't tell it apart on the outside from a dozen of the other most popular tg cases.

They should of made a new case or something, something to be different from the same groove every case manufacturer is sadly in. 

All vendors do just that. BeQuiet that have been spamming their cases across multiple tech channels still have fucking 5 1/4 bays on them...in fucking 2017. They literally just bolted glass on the side and that was it the internals are still the same as 2013 shit.

-------

Current Rig

-------

35 minutes ago, LePawel said:

Sounds so pretentious... "My case manufacturer doesn't do TG therefore it's better".

Or one of those "I don't like A therefore you are not allowed to enjoy it either".

go ahead and enjoy it, wont make me like it more. i liked that Fractal didnt have the stupid TG, but i dont care a tone that they have it. it was nice to see someone not feeling so desperate to follow a trend but then they caved in. sad.

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

16 minutes ago, Misanthrope said:

All vendors do just that. BeQuiet that have been spamming their cases across multiple tech channels still have fucking 5 1/4 bays on them...in fucking 2017. They literally just bolted glass on the side and that was it the internals are still the same as 2013 shit.

I have nothing against 5.25 when their done right, for some people their a must have, for everyone else their just nice to have options. Be it a DVD drive, extra USB ports, media reader, fan/rgb controller, etc. 

Some cases blend it in perfectly too. I helped my brother move his pc into a phanteks pro acrylic and it blends in so well. With a radiator up top, it distracts and covers up the DVD drive in there so unless you look, it's just blends right in. That's them done right. 

Fanboys are the worst thing to happen to the tech community World. Chief among them are Apple fanboys. 

3 minutes ago, Ginger137 said:

I have nothing against 5.25 when their done right, for some people their a must have, for everyone else their just nice to have options. Be it a DVD drive, extra USB ports, media reader, fan/rgb controller, etc. 

Some cases blend it in perfectly too. I helped my brother move his pc into a phanteks pro acrylic and it blends in so well. With a radiator up top, it distracts and covers up the DVD drive in there so unless you look, it's just blends right in. That's them done right. 

Ok I can partially concede that this can be true, specially with approaches like the one on other fractal cases with the door or if using slim drives the bay back loading as with the Enthoo cases.

But in this case however:

Image result for bequiet tempered glass

Not a nice look....at all. I understand you can get rid of it but still on the front it's noticeable

It's a real boner killer for me to have those two on the front. If you need this kind of case just get one without tempered glass to be sitting on the floor where it belongs, out of sight just there to work as a workstation.

-------

Current Rig

-------

1 hour ago, Misanthrope said:

All vendors do just that. BeQuiet that have been spamming their cases across multiple tech channels still have ******* 5 1/4 bays on them...in ******* 2017. They literally just bolted glass on the side and that was it the internals are still the same as 2013 ****.

I have a large DVD collection, and still use an optical drive.  Why shouldn't I have a 51/4" drive bay?  If you don't want the bays, don't get a case that has them.  It's a simple as that.

45 minutes ago, Ginger137 said:

Exactly.  Just because some people don't need or want them, doesn't mean they're useless.

43 minutes ago, Misanthrope said:

Ok I can partially concede that this can be true, specially with approaches like the one on other fractal cases with the door or if using slim drives the bay back loading as with the Enthoo cases.

But in this case however:

Not a nice look....at all. I understand you can get rid of it but still on the front it's noticeable

It's a real boner killer for me to have those two on the front. If you need this kind of case just get one without tempered glass to be sitting on the floor where it belongs, out of sight just there to work as a workstation.

Agreed, that's too clunky. 

One is enough, I think hardly anyone would use 2, most people don't even use one. 

One can look alright on the front and is tucked into the top enough, if done right. Two of them... Not so much. 

40 minutes ago, Jito463 said:

I have a large DVD collection, and still use an optical drive.  Why shouldn't I have a 51/4" drive bay?  

Because you can just get one of these and quietly put it under your case or behind your monitor somewhere?

If you don't want the bays, don't get a case that has them.  It's a simple as that.

Exactly.  Just because some people don't need or want them, doesn't mean they're useless.

If you don't want the bays, don't get a case that has them.  It's a simple as that.

Oh we're stating painfully obvious things now? Ok my turn: "If you don't wanna get wet you should get out of the rain!"

-------

Current Rig

-------