Custom watercooling at AIO prices?

Honestly, I've been kinda of eyeing these up for a while now. To me it seems like a good proposition as someone who's fairly frequently swapping components and isn't necessarily in the market to make some sort of themed build. Even remarks as to the poor value of the 240 without the GPU block I think aren't including some things.

For one, you can swap the tubing (granted, it's going to add to the price, but no AIO lets you do that), It also comes with compression fittings which bodes well for the assembly and reusability of the loop. You can also customize what kind of coolant you want. Additionally, if the pump fails out of warranty, I'm pretty sure you'll be able to find a suitable pump. I see it more as a platform investment rather than a straight up substitute for a custom loop. If I purchased it, I'd be considering it a kit I'd be using for a while in one form or another, maybe across multiple systems, allowing me to hotswap stuff on the fly as well. That way, especially if it could outlive the effective lifespan of a lot of AIOs it would also cost less over time.

As to the upgradability, I haven't checked, but surely there are aluminum components still out there to expand, yes? Or maybe EK will start pumping out stuff maybe as a response to the popularity of these kits.

14 hours ago, Max_Settings said:

-snip

2. No option for aftermarket cards, considering that most people buy aftermarket cards that kills that market.

-snip-

I would somewhat to disagree there, seeing as this is new ground. I understand the idea, seeing as this product may be trying to appeal to a wider audience who hasn't delved into the custom loop market. On the other hand, a lot of people purposefully go out of their way to find a reference card or a card with a reference board to do exactly that. Not to mention that there is no way in hell they'd be able to accommodate every single custom card in a kit. Hell, they barely even do it for their custom loop components most of the time. The best people with custom cards can hope for is other manufacturers making aluminum blocks for their particular card with which they can expand the loop.

OS: W10 | MB: ASUS Sabertooth P67 | CPU: i7 2600k @ 4.6 | RAM: 2x8GB Corsair Vengeance 1600mhz | GPU: x2 MSI GTX 980 Gaming 4G | Storage: x2 WD CB 1TB, x1 WD CB 500GB | PSU: Corsair RM850x | Spare a moment for Night Theme Users:

Spoiler

I'm an erudite cave-dwelling Troglodyte
I frequent LinusTechTips past midnight
Dark backgrounds I crave 
For my sun-seared red gaze
I'll molest you if you don't form your text right

I feel like this is kinda a stupid question but I currently have a captain 240 aio. Am i at risk of degradation even if I completely removed that aio and replaced it with this kit? 

4 hours ago, LooneyJuice said:

You can also customize what kind of coolant you want.

Mostly good stuff you mentioned, but I just wanted to spread the word of caution against using anything other than the EK-Cryofuel. The coolant market is terribly non-documented, and you are at high risk if you are using other coolants since you have almost no idea what is in these coolants.

Read more here:

EK have also told me that they haven't tested any other coolants, and frankly do not seem to intend on checking for alternative compatibility. Sure it sounds like they are trying to only push their own products, but I think in this circumstance, it is actually wiser to follow their advice.

596635e29bf0d_ScreenShot2017-07-12at4_42_34PM.thumb.png.a10a93aed9632cca32186451d167ffde.png

2 minutes ago, For Science! said:

Mostly good stuff you mentioned, but I just wanted to spread the word of caution against using anything other than the EK-Cryofuel. The coolant market is terribly non-documented, and you are at high risk if you are using other coolants since you have almost no idea what is in these coolants.

Read more here:

EK have also told me that they haven't tested any other coolants, and frankly do not seem to intend on checking for alternative compatibility. Sure it sounds like they are trying to only push their own products, but I think in this circumstance, it is actually wiser to follow their advice.

-snip-

I am aware of issues with Mayhems, and some others, that's a good point. Someone who vets his stuff really well could maybe make it work with some coolants. Also, I wouldn't mess with dyes, but it would be an option for people with these kits as well.

OS: W10 | MB: ASUS Sabertooth P67 | CPU: i7 2600k @ 4.6 | RAM: 2x8GB Corsair Vengeance 1600mhz | GPU: x2 MSI GTX 980 Gaming 4G | Storage: x2 WD CB 1TB, x1 WD CB 500GB | PSU: Corsair RM850x | Spare a moment for Night Theme Users:

Spoiler

Dark backgrounds I crave 

4 minutes ago, LooneyJuice said:

-snip-

For those that want colored fluids, I think if they stick to the EK-CryoFuel series they will be fine. EK doesn't make any opaque fluids yet, so I guess those desperate for that should really wait. None of the major opaque fluid companies (Mayhems, Thermaltake, Primochill) have adequate documentation surrounding their opaque fluids and so I would definitely not use them in a new product series like the Fluid Gaming lineup.

Just now, For Science! said:

-snip-None of the major opaque fluid companies (Mayhems, Thermaltake, Primochill) have adequate documentation surrounding their opaque fluids and so I would definitely not use them in a new product series like the Fluid Gaming lineup.

Yeah I can agree with that.

Spoiler

Dark backgrounds I crave 

On 7/11/2017 at 3:36 PM, Enderman said:

1) the pump sucks, DDCs are notorious for being loud, and they also heat up a ton which causes them to fail easily. Any custom loop should spend a few extra bucks for the best pump available, the D5. Quieter, better flow rate, more reliable.

2) EK fittings are bad, you can see tons of people have them leak. This is probably because their o-rings aren't very tight, or their QC is bad. Either way, if you're buying a custom loop, you should buy the best parts possible, so get Bitspower fittings. Yes they are expensive. Not as expensive as replacing a dead GPU though.

3) The tubing is bad, thin wall and easy kinking. Not sure how well it resists discoloration or plasticizer, but Mayhems makes much better tubing for sure. Again, it's only a few dollars more but 100% worth it.

4) AIOs aren't meant to be expanded, so it's not really a problem to use aluminum there. The EK kit is supposed to be a way to expand into a custom loop, but all it does is limit you to their own crappy parts which are all aluminum. If you ever want to build a proper loop with higher quality components you need to basically throw everything out and replace the whole thing. It ends up costing you more than just saving up a bit longer and buying good components from the start.

5) Don't cheap out on a custom loop. This full aluminum kit forces you to buy mediocre/bad parts, and forces you to cheap out unless you replace everything when you decide you want a good loop. It's simply a waste of money.

1. Its not a DDC pump.
Its a low voltage version of the DDC that draws only 6W so it can work of a 4pin PWM plug.

2. EK fittings are bad? How can a simple compression fitting LEAK? I mean, c`mon dude.

3. Tubing is bad. Wall is thin? Wtf dude? Tubing is STANDARD 10/13, so if the wall is thin, then all other manufacturers tubing has thin walls as well since 10/13 tubing
is an industry standard. Oh and.... "Not sure how well it resists discoloration or plasticizer". Tubing resisting plasticizer? Dude, the plasticizer is IN THE TUBING. 
So at this point, I can see that you know NOTHING about what you are saying, It's sad that with 40k posts knows so little, but is being so loud about giving advice.

4. How is the Aluminum kit crappy when it performed almost on par with the copper kit and beat the sh*t out of the AIOs. Haven't you seen the charts?!!

5. This kit forces you to nothing. It's a great alternative to AIOs which pumps are loud, squeaky, annoying and die quite often. Also there is no stupid tubing going in the side of the AIO water blocks which on some motherboards block RAM slots. Nothing on the market can compete with the A240G. No other solution offers a full cover GPU block and a CPU cooling solution for 240$. The full cover GPU block whips around all the "hybrid" GPUs that certain vendors put out, and it also slaps around the "i will strap my AIO to my GPU and burn my uncooled VRM" solutions.

On 7/12/2017 at 2:37 PM, Yapi said:

1. Its not a DDC pump.
Its a low voltage version of the DDC that draws only 6W so it can work of a 4pin PWM plug.

2. EK fittings are bad? How can a simple compression fitting LEAK? I mean, c`mon dude.

3. Tubing is bad. Wall is thin? Wtf dude? Tubing is STANDARD 10/13, so if the wall is thin, then all other manufacturers tubing has thin walls as well since 10/13 tubing
is an industry standard. Oh and.... "Not sure how well it resists discoloration or plasticizer". Tubing resisting plasticizer? Dude, the plasticizer is IN THE TUBING. 
So at this point, I can see that you know NOTHING about what you are saying, It's sad that with 40k posts knows so little, but is being so loud about giving advice.

4. How is the Aluminum kit crappy when it performed almost on par with the copper kit and beat the sh*t out of the AIOs. Haven't you seen the charts?!!

5. This kit forces you to nothing. It's a great alternative to AIOs which pumps are loud, squeaky, annoying and die quite often. Also there is no stupid tubing going in the side of the AIO water blocks which on some motherboards block RAM slots. Nothing on the market can compete with the A240G. No other solution offers a full cover GPU block and a CPU cooling solution for 240$. The full cover GPU block whips around all the "hybrid" GPUs that certain vendors put out, and it also slaps around the "i will strap my AIO to my GPU and burn my uncooled VRM" solutions.

1) An SPC is basically just a renamed DDC. There are multiple models of the DDC pump, such as 2.5, 3.1 etc

See here:

2) Clearly you haven't been around long enough to see all of the times where EK fittings have leaked...

They are pretty bad fittings, even LTT had one leak a few weeks/months ago.

Bitspower fittings are MUCH more reliable.

Fittings are one of the most important parts of a watercooling loop to prevent leaks.

3) this is 3/8 ID 1/2 OD tubing, which has the thinnest wall of any standard watercooling tubing size.

Possibly the worst you could buy.

3/8 5/8 or 1/2 3/4 is what you should be using.

10 13 is only good for hardline.

4) A few degrees worse than copper, a few degrees better than AIOs.

I would suggest you go look at the graphs again.

5) An AIO is quieter than a DDC, unless you have microbubbles running through it.

A good quality AIO will not "die often".

Heatsinks are put on VRMs when cooling a GPU with an AIO, they are not "uncooled".

It's not hard to save up a few hundred more bucks to buy better quality components and not lock yourself into a crappy all-aluminum ecosystem.

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

12 minutes ago, Enderman said:

1) An SPC is basically just a renamed DDC. There are multiple models of the DDC pump, such as 2.5, 3.1 etc

See here:

2) Clearly you haven't been around long enough to see all of the times where EK fittings have leaked...

They are pretty bad fittings, even LTT had one leak a few weeks/months ago.

Bitspower fittings are MUCH more reliable.

Fittings are one of the most important parts of a watercooling loop to prevent leaks.

3) this is 3/8 ID 1/2 OD tubing, which has the thinnest wall of any standard watercooling tubing size.

Possibly the worst you could buy.

3/8 5/8 or 1/2 3/4 is what you should be using.

10 13 is only good for hardline.

4) A few degrees worse than copper, a few degrees better than AIOs.

I would suggest you go look at the graphs again.

5) An AIO is quieter than a DDC, unless you have microbubbles running through it.

A good quality AIO will not "die often".

Heatsinks are put on VRMs when cooling a GPU with an AIO, they are not "uncooled".

It's not hard to save up a few hundred more bucks to buy better quality components and not lock yourself into a crappy all-aluminum ecosystem.

1. An SPC pump is an SPC its not "just a renamed pump"

2. Bitspower sells much fewer fittings because they cost like they are made of gold. Ofc you will see less failure rate.

3. There is NO 10/13 hard tubing! Only 10/12 and 12/16. Once again you are proving that you know nothing about liquid cooling.

4. So an 8.4°C temperature difference while playing Crysis is "a few degrees".
I rest my case.

idiot.jpg

4 minutes ago, Yapi said:

1. An SPC pump is an SPC its not "just a renamed pump"

2. Bitspower sells much fewer fittings because they cost like they are made of gold. Ofc you will see less failure rate.

3. There is NO 10/13 hard tubing! Only 10/12 and 12/16. Once again you are proving that you know nothing about liquid cooling.

4. So an 8.4°C temperature difference while playing Crysis is "a few degrees".
I rest my case.

1)  Lol it's almost the exact same pump, take a look at the specs and appearance. Also it's still loud, like any DDC.

2) Most watercooling builds use bitspower fittings because people don't want leaks. Go look at all the pictures on the internet...

The only time bitspower fittings leaked was back in 2012 where there was a manufacturing defect.

Other than that, the only leaks are user error.

EK fittings on the other hand, every few months there's another person that gets a leak.

3) 10/13 is metric for 3/8 1/2 tubing, since it's just rounded. Yes there are places thata sell 3/8" 1/2" hard tubing.

And yes 10/12 is the hard tubing equivalent of  10/13 soft tubing, EK labels them differently so people don't get confused and think they can use 10/13 soft tubing fittings with 10/12 hard tubing.

4) take a look at the temps with the fans at max rpm. 45 vs 47 degrees.

Obviously at 1000rpm the EK kit performs much better since it has a lower fpi rad.

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

Just now, Enderman said:

4) take a look at the temps with the fans at max rpm. 45 vs 47 degrees.

Obviously at 1000rpm the EK kit performs much better since it has a lower fpi rad.

Good luck going deaf and running fans on 100%!

What is the FPI count on the EK Aluminum radiator? I want to see a number! Because I know the FPI count.
If you fail to give the exact number within 5 minutes, it will AGAIN just prove that you have no idea what you are talking about.

23 hours ago, Enderman said:

1) the pump sucks, DDCs are notorious for being loud, and they also heat up a ton which causes them to fail easily. Any custom loop should spend a few extra bucks for the best pump available, the D5. Quieter, better flow rate, more reliable.

2) EK fittings are bad, you can see tons of people have them leak. This is probably because their o-rings aren't very tight, or their QC is bad. Either way, if you're buying a custom loop, you should buy the best parts possible, so get Bitspower fittings. Yes they are expensive. Not as expensive as replacing a dead GPU though.

3) The tubing is bad, thin wall and easy kinking. Not sure how well it resists discoloration or plasticizer, but Mayhems makes much better tubing for sure. Again, it's only a few dollars more but 100% worth it.

4) AIOs aren't meant to be expanded, so it's not really a problem to use aluminum there. The EK kit is supposed to be a way to expand into a custom loop, but all it does is limit you to their own crappy parts which are all aluminum. If you ever want to build a proper loop with higher quality components you need to basically throw everything out and replace the whole thing. It ends up costing you more than just saving up a bit longer and buying good components from the start.

5) Don't cheap out on a custom loop. This full aluminum kit forces you to buy mediocre/bad parts, and forces you to cheap out unless you replace everything when you decide you want a good loop. It's simply a waste of money.

1. Can I not just replace the pump if needed down the road? from what i've seen they don't use a lot of metals in the section of the pump that actually moves the water, but I'll admit I haven't seen very many pumps dissasembled

2. Fittings would seam a matter of people not knowing the proper level of pressure to tighten to, like anything with plumbing, you don't just crank it down as far as you can force it

3. So just be careful routing tubes, if I color the fluid at all it would always be the same color anytime I serviced it, i'm not one to change fluid colors as the fixed color LED's on teh MOBO set the color of the fluid for me

4. We are yet to see, if this ends up popular enough we may see other companies make aluminum rads and fittings, that was kinda my point, I'm a one and done type person, I won't be expanding or adding to my current setup, other then moving to a new case when I find one I like, so expandability is of little concern to me.

5. this seams more a matter of opinion, i'll admit I didn't expect an aluminum kit to perform this well and had initially shrugged off the idea, but the numbers are there, not much more then an AIO, or in my case, converting my founders 1080ti to water-cooled using the EVGA hybrid kit, makes this really tempting, what is not temping is spending as much on watercooling parts as I spent on my GPU, I don't have that kind of budget.

3 minutes ago, Yapi said:

Good luck going deaf and running fans on 100%!

What is the FPI count on the EK Aluminum radiator? I want to see a number! Because I know the FPI count.
If you fail to give the exact number within 5 minutes, it will AGAIN just prove that you have no idea what you are talking about.

You don't need to run them at 100%, you can also buy quieter fans that are SP optimized.

Their fpi is 22, like all other slim EK rads.

Maybe trying being less rude, you might learn something useful about watercooling.

Spoiler

2 minutes ago, Daniel644 said:

1. Can I not just replace the pump if needed down the road? from what i've seen they don't use a lot of metals in the section of the pump that actually moves the water, but I'll admit I haven't seen very many pumps dissasembled

2. Fittings would seam a matter of people not knowing the proper level of pressure to tighten to, like anything with plumbing, you don't just crank it down as far as you can force it

3. So just be careful routing tubes, if I color the fluid at all it would always be the same color anytime I serviced it, i'm not one to change fluid colors as the fixed color LED's on teh MOBO set the color of the fluid for me

4. We are yet to see, if this ends up popular enough we may see other companies make aluminum rads and fittings, that was kinda my point, I'm a one and done type person, I won't be expanding or adding to my current setup, other then moving to a new case when I find one I like, so expandability is of little concern to me.

5. this seams more a matter of opinion, i'll admit I didn't expect an aluminum kit to perform this well and had initially shrugged off the idea, but the numbers are there, not much more then an AIO, or in my case, converting my founders 1080ti to water-cooled using the EVGA hybrid kit, makes this really tempting, what is not temping is spending as much on watercooling parts as I spent on my GPU, I don't have that kind of budget.

1) yes, but then you end up spending more than just having bought the D5 at the beginning.

2) No, Ek simply makes their fittings with a looser o-ring. This is why it is so prone to leaks.

People have compared bitspower and EK fittings in the part, the Bitspower fittings are much tighter.

Makes them harder to turn, but less chances of leaks.

3) Thinner wall tubing has more evaporation, and kinks more easily, reducing your options when building the loop.

This is why almost nobody uses 3/8 1/2 tubing in the watercooling industry.

4) So then we would have even more people with mediocre quality loops (who probably will mix metals because they weren't intelligent enough to buy proper quality components at the beginning)

5) this is like buying a RX480 to add another in CFX in the future. It's a bad option. Either save up for high end stuff like a 1080, or don't get anything at all. The other option is just selling the whole loop before upgrading to good quality stuff.

Spoiler

2 minutes ago, Enderman said:

You don't need to run them at 100%, you can also buy quieter fans that are SP optimized.

Their fpi is 22, like all other slim EK rads.

Maybe trying being less rude, you might learn something useful about watercooling.

The H60 also has around 20 FPI, which is considered to be a high FPI count.
The FPI of the Aluminum rad is 20. And how is that less than the AIOs?
I am rude because you are spitting wrong and incorrect information post after post,
yet you act like you know it all.

And the turning hardness of the fitting has nothing to do with leaks. 
And you are referring to angled adapter fittings from the start, which are not included in the kit anyway.
So once again..... you are spreading bad info.

5 minutes ago, Yapi said:

I am rude because you are spitting wrong and incorrect information post after post,

And you are referring to angled adapter fittings from the start, which are not included in the kit anyway.

just googled the fittings for myself and this is confirmed, the leaky fittings are ALL the Rotary Angled fittings of which this kit doesn't have, that suffer from leaking, no mention of regular compression fittings leaking.

and again @Enderman, I HAVE NO PLANS OF FUTURE UPGRADES (this is my last desktop, I will never upgrade it again and even if I do it will be like a decade or more from now) beyond replacing any parts that might fail, which would basically only ever be the pump and EK is planning to launch support for many more aluminum parts coming at the end of the month, including a 360 rad and AMD GPU blocks

1 hour ago, Yapi said:

AIOs are 30, at least the standard asetek ones from Corsair and NZXT.

The "turning hardness" of the fitting has to do with the o-ring used in the rotary joint.

This is where all the EK fittings leak from.

Please go do some research on how rotary fittings work, and why Bitspower is much better.

Spoiler

2 minutes ago, Enderman said:

AIOs are 30, at least the standard asetek ones from Corsair and NZXT.

The "turning hardness" of the fitting has to do with the o-ring used in the rotary joint.

This is where all the EK fittings leak from.

Please go do some research on how rotary fittings work, and why Bitspower is much better.

this kit has NO Rotary joints, so leaks from those shouldn't be an issue as that joint doesn't exist in this case.

7 minutes ago, Daniel644 said:

this kit has NO Rotary joints, so leaks from those shouldn't be an issue as that joint doesn't exist in this case.

Unless you want to expand it...

Then you're limited to the crappy aluminum EK fittings.

Spoiler

Just now, Enderman said:

Unless you want to expand it...

Then you're limited to the crappy aluminum EK fittings.

i've said 3 times now I DON'T PLAN TO EVER EXPAND and what is so crappy about the aluminum fittings now, first it was all EK fittings, then it was the actually bad Rotary ones, now it's the aluminum ones, you're just jumping from one thing to another at this point like you have a personal vendetta against EK fittings. what did they do to you? why can't you let people have a perfectly acceptable middle ground between a full on high end loop and CLC's, on a price to performance metric alone these outperform CLC's, they look better and they cost a tiny amount more and EK is planning to expand the product line very soon, if it proves popular enough we may see other companies hop onboard.

On 7/11/2017 at 0:36 PM, Enderman said:

I find these three very hard to believe. My brother has an EK-KIT S360 installed in his system (which I did do the work), and the DDC pump is not that loud at all. In fact I have it plugged into a fan header on the board so I can fine-tune and control the RPM of the DDC pump, thereby eliminating noise.

With the fittings included in the kit, 0 out of 6 have produced a leak. Care to explain why this may be the case?

The tubing is actually not bad. It's 3/8" x 1/2" (same for the Fluid Gaming line and their "premium" watercooling kits with copper and brass parts), so of course it has thin walls, but my runs for the assembly process (I recently re-did the loop) don't have sharp bends which would kink the tubing anyways.

Edited by JurunceNK

RIGZ

Spoiler

Starlight (Current): AMD Ryzen 9 3900X 12-core CPU | EVGA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti Black Edition | Gigabyte X570 Aorus Ultra | Full Custom Loop | 32GB (4x8GB) Dominator Platinum SE Blackout #338/500 | 1TB + 2TB M.2 NVMe PCIe 4.0 SSDs, 480GB SATA 2.5" SSD, 8TB 7200 RPM NAS HDD | EVGA NU Audio | Corsair 900D | Corsair AX1200i | Corsair ML120 2-pack 5x + ML140 2-pack

The Storm (Retired): Intel Core i7-5930K | Asus ROG STRIX GeForce GTX 1080 Ti | Asus ROG RAMPAGE V EDITION 10 | EKWB EK-KIT P360 with Hardware Labs Black Ice SR2 Multiport 480 | 32GB (4x8GB) Dominator Platinum SE Blackout #338/500 | 480GB SATA 2.5" SSD + 3TB 5400 RPM NAS HDD + 8TB 7200 RPM NAS HDD | Corsair 900D | Corsair AX1200i + Black/Blue CableMod cables | Corsair ML120 2-pack 2x + NB-BlackSilentPro PL-2 x3

STRONK COOLZ 9000

Spoiler

EK-Quantum Momentum X570 Aorus Master monoblock | EK-FC RTX 2080 + Ti Classic RGB Waterblock and Backplate | EK-XRES 140 D5 PWM Pump/Res Combo | 2x Hardware Labs Black Ice SR2 480 MP and 1x SR2 240 MP | 10X Corsair ML120 PWM fans | A mixture of EK-KIT fittings and EK-Torque STC fittings and adapters | Mayhems 10/13mm clear tubing | Mayhems X1 Eco UV Blue coolant | Bitspower G1/4 Temperature Probe Fitting

DESK TOIS

Spoiler

Glorious Modular Mechanical Keyboard | Glorious Model D Featherweight Mouse | 2x BenQ PD3200Q 32" 1440p IPS displays + BenQ BL3200PT 32" 1440p VA display | Mackie ProFX10v3 USB Mixer + Marantz MPM-1000 Mic | Sennheiser HD 598 SE Headphones | 2x ADAM Audio T5V 5" Powered Studio Monitors + ADAM Audio T10S Powered Studio Subwoofer | Logitech G920 Driving Force Steering Wheel and Pedal Kit + Driving Force Shifter | Logitech C922x 720p 60FPS Webcam | Xbox One Wireless Controller

QUOTES

Spoiler

"So because they didn't give you the results you want, they're biased? You realize that makes you biased, right?" - @App4that

"Brand loyalty/fanboyism is stupid." - Unknown person on these forums

"Assuming kills" - @Moondrelor

"That's not to say that Nvidia is always better, or that AMD isn't worth owning. But the fact remains that this forum is AMD biased." - @App4that

"I'd imagine there's exceptions to this trend - but just going on mine and my acquaintances' purchase history, we've found that budget cards often require you to turn off certain features to get slick performance, even though those technologies are previous gen and should be having a negligible impact" - ace42

"2K" is not 2560 x 1440 

19 minutes ago, Daniel644 said:

i've said 3 times now I DON'T PLAN TO EVER EXPAND and what is so crappy about the aluminum fittings now, first it was all EK fittings, then it was the actually bad Rotary ones, now it's the aluminum ones, you're just jumping from one thing to another at this point like you have a personal vendetta against EK fittings. what did they do to you? why can't you let people have a perfectly acceptable middle ground between a full on high end loop and CLC's, on a price to performance metric alone these outperform CLC's, they look better and they cost a tiny amount more and EK is planning to expand the product line very soon, if it proves popular enough we may see other companies hop onboard.

Clearly you're a special case, since one of the main points about a kit like this is expandability.

Just because what I'm saying doesn't apply to you doesn't mean it doesn't apply to anyone.

Seriously, go look at the dozens of posts from people that have EK fittings leak.

Even linus and jayztwocents had EK fittings leak.

They honestly suck.

13 minutes ago, JurunceNK said:

I find these three very hard to believe. My brother has an EK-KIT S360 installed in his system (which I did do the work), and the DDC pump is not that loud at all. In fact I have it plugged into a fan header on the board so I can fine-tune and control the RPM of the DDC pump, thereby eliminating noise.

With the fittings included in the kit, 0 out of 6 have produced a leak. Care to explain why this may be the case?

The tubing is actually not bad. It's 3/8" x 1/2" (same for the Fluid Gaming line and their "premium" watercooling kits with copper and brass parts), so of course it has thin walls, but my runs for the assembly process (I recently re-did the loop) don't have sharp bends which would kink the tubing anyways.

1) Maybe the PC in general or your ambient noise level isn't very quiet.

2) not all of them leak...just a higher amount than usual.

If you enjoy having a higher chance of a dead PC, by all means go ahead and use EK fittings.

3) just another example of EK cheaping out on a watercooling loop.

Spoiler

21 hours ago, Enderman said:

1) Maybe the PC in general or your ambient noise level isn't very quiet.

2) not all of them leak...just a higher amount than usual.

If you enjoy having a higher chance of a dead PC, by all means go ahead and use EK fittings.

3) just another example of EK cheaping out on a watercooling loop.

I have never ever heard of a case on these forums where an EK fitting ever sprung a leak, and neither has any fitting in the system I mentioned. If it did, it would have happened a few months from assembling the loop.

Do you understand that sometimes any manufacturer has had a bad batch due to a subpar component making its way into the assembly line or their QC didn't reveal anything that doesn't come up until later down its lifespan after coming off of the production line? That's just like saying "All Asus monitors are bad" or "All EVGA cards are faulty", which in itself is a fallacy of relevance; there's simply no empirical evidence to conclude that all of their monitors are bad. They have OEM's that supply the panels, just like every other monitor maker. And forum users are only a minority, and not every PC user participates on a tech forum (and that is taking into account every single existing tech forum out there that has active users).

And good luck with that other statement in item #2, that's not going to sway me from changing what I choose. You're SOL.

I have control over the ambient noise and I do have good hearing, just so you know. I'm just good at tweaking, the important detail you missed. By running any pump at a lower RPM you are thereby lowering the noise output. This goes to D5's and DDC's.

If you want to redeem yourself, show us a build with custom watercooling built and assembled exclusively by you.

RIGZ

Spoiler

Starlight (Current): AMD Ryzen 9 3900X 12-core CPU | EVGA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti Black Edition | Gigabyte X570 Aorus Ultra | Full Custom Loop | 32GB (4x8GB) Dominator Platinum SE Blackout #338/500 | 1TB + 2TB M.2 NVMe PCIe 4.0 SSDs, 480GB SATA 2.5" SSD, 8TB 7200 RPM NAS HDD | EVGA NU Audio | Corsair 900D | Corsair AX1200i | Corsair ML120 2-pack 5x + ML140 2-pack

The Storm (Retired): Intel Core i7-5930K | Asus ROG STRIX GeForce GTX 1080 Ti | Asus ROG RAMPAGE V EDITION 10 | EKWB EK-KIT P360 with Hardware Labs Black Ice SR2 Multiport 480 | 32GB (4x8GB) Dominator Platinum SE Blackout #338/500 | 480GB SATA 2.5" SSD + 3TB 5400 RPM NAS HDD + 8TB 7200 RPM NAS HDD | Corsair 900D | Corsair AX1200i + Black/Blue CableMod cables | Corsair ML120 2-pack 2x + NB-BlackSilentPro PL-2 x3

STRONK COOLZ 9000

Spoiler

EK-Quantum Momentum X570 Aorus Master monoblock | EK-FC RTX 2080 + Ti Classic RGB Waterblock and Backplate | EK-XRES 140 D5 PWM Pump/Res Combo | 2x Hardware Labs Black Ice SR2 480 MP and 1x SR2 240 MP | 10X Corsair ML120 PWM fans | A mixture of EK-KIT fittings and EK-Torque STC fittings and adapters | Mayhems 10/13mm clear tubing | Mayhems X1 Eco UV Blue coolant | Bitspower G1/4 Temperature Probe Fitting

DESK TOIS

Spoiler

Glorious Modular Mechanical Keyboard | Glorious Model D Featherweight Mouse | 2x BenQ PD3200Q 32" 1440p IPS displays + BenQ BL3200PT 32" 1440p VA display | Mackie ProFX10v3 USB Mixer + Marantz MPM-1000 Mic | Sennheiser HD 598 SE Headphones | 2x ADAM Audio T5V 5" Powered Studio Monitors + ADAM Audio T10S Powered Studio Subwoofer | Logitech G920 Driving Force Steering Wheel and Pedal Kit + Driving Force Shifter | Logitech C922x 720p 60FPS Webcam | Xbox One Wireless Controller

QUOTES

Spoiler

"So because they didn't give you the results you want, they're biased? You realize that makes you biased, right?" - @App4that

"Brand loyalty/fanboyism is stupid." - Unknown person on these forums

"Assuming kills" - @Moondrelor

"That's not to say that Nvidia is always better, or that AMD isn't worth owning. But the fact remains that this forum is AMD biased." - @App4that

"I'd imagine there's exceptions to this trend - but just going on mine and my acquaintances' purchase history, we've found that budget cards often require you to turn off certain features to get slick performance, even though those technologies are previous gen and should be having a negligible impact" - ace42

"2K" is not 2560 x 1440 

17 minutes ago, JurunceNK said:

<insert rude text here>

Leaks:

http://www.overclock.net/t/1615445/unusual-fitting-leak-what-to-do

http://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/hardware-clinic-2/leaking-ek-fittings-5490721.html

https://hardforum.com/threads/my-ek-predator-360-sprung-a-leak.1911678/

@7:25

https://hardforum.com/threads/water-leaked-all-over-gpu-and-motherboard.1933737/

http://forums.overclockers.com.au/showthread.php?t=1020635

And there are plenty more people who have had EK fittings leak.

It's pretty obvious that they suck, if you refuse to look at the facts then that's your problem.

This is not a "bad batch" these leaks are from many different years.

Hopefully someone else who cares about their PC will not make the mistake of buying this.

Spoiler