What Car Should I Get For Under $70,000?

Max_Settings
Just now, Max_Settings said:

Too basic, and the high end ones are too large.

Looks like a car isn't for you then

How about a bus?

Intel Xeon E5 1650 v3 @ 3.5GHz 6C:12T / CM212 Evo / Asus X99 Deluxe / 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4 3000 Trident-Z / Samsung 850 Pro 256GB / Intel 335 240GB / WD Red 2 & 3TB / Antec 850w / RTX 2070 / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy X360 15: Intel Core i5 8250U @ 1.6GHz 4C:8T / 8GB DDR4 / Intel UHD620 + Nvidia GeForce MX150 4GB / Intel 120GB SSD / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy x360 BP series Intel 8th gen

AMD ThreadRipper 2!

5820K & 6800K 3-way SLI mobo support list

I know that this will sound a bit silly. But I'm a sucker for wagons.

RS3 Sportback would be super cool, But I don't think that's an option for you. I personally oogled a little bit at the BMW 330i Sports Wagon, as well as the E Class wagon.

17 minutes ago, GlassBomb said:

I know that this will sound a bit silly. But I'm a sucker for wagons.

RS3 Sportback would be super cool, But I don't think that's an option for you. I personally oogled a little bit at the BMW 330i Sports Wagon, as well as the E Class wagon.

You are not too far off from what I am looking at. I am not a huge wagon fan, but I am going to look at a regular RS3, as well as a C43 AMG and a M3/M4

25 minutes ago, Ordinarily_Greater said:

What about Nissan X-Trail 2017? Or Lexus NX200t?

Definitely not a Nissan SUV. The Lexus is not bad I might consider it. 

4 minutes ago, Max_Settings said:

You are not too far off from what I am looking at. I am not a huge wagon fan, but I am going to look at a regular RS3, as well as a C43 AMG and a M3/M4

Consider the step-down 3/4 series as well with the 40i-engine. Still a very good amount a power, but at a much lower price.

2 minutes ago, GlassBomb said:

Consider the step-down 3/4 series as well with the 40i-engine. Still a very good amount a power, but at a much lower price.

Well if I were to get a M3/M4 it would be used

12 minutes ago, Max_Settings said:

Well if I were to get a M3/M4 it would be used

The 40i-engines could still be something to look into. Since they wouldn't come with the some rate of insurance as the M-cars.

And you'd likely be able to get away with getting yourself a brand new one as well.

Just now, GlassBomb said:

The 40i-engines could still be something to look into. Since they wouldn't come with the some rate of insurance as the M-cars.

And you'd likely be able to get away with getting yourself a brand new one as well.

A 40i yes, a M car, no unless I get a lower speced M2

2 hours ago, Max_Settings said:

Maybe a used one. However Jaguars loose money faster than the government at this point. A year old F-Type that was a 110K new, is now worth under 70K with less than 20K miles. I fear that in another year or two it will be worth in the 40-50K range.

I see your point.  

I'd recommend a 2017 Miata(Shell) with LS3 Swap with better shocks, wider rims/tires. And all the necessary stuff. I personally like to drive in a fun car. Preferable a lightweight car with decent horsepower like a BRZ(I've driven a 2006 S2000 and it was fun and felt light. Used to have a RSX-S and it was really fun driving that car). Cars like the WRX STI is just getting too heavy and its horsepower isn't doing it anymore. Sure you can get all the horsepower you want but it's not the same experience as having a lighter car and for me, it's having fun. Also note that lighter car have a faster turning speed at the corner than a heavier car with nearly or more than twice the horsepower of a lighter car. I also like to drive around town so doing 0-60 in 2-3 seconds(Not that I have done it) isn't as fun as having the fun of stepping on that gas peddle and watching RPM/MPH meter go from 0-60. If I were to built a Miata LS3 swap with 500HP, I'd tune the final drive all the way so that I get more MPH per gear rather than performance per gear. 

CPU: Intel i7 5820K @ 4.20 GHz | MotherboardMSI X99S SLI PLUS | RAM: Corsair LPX 16GB DDR4 @ 2666MHz | GPU: Sapphire R9 Fury (x2 CrossFire)
Storage: Samsung 950Pro 512GB // OCZ Vector150 240GB // Seagate 1TB | PSU: Seasonic 1050 Snow Silent | Case: NZXT H440 | Cooling: Nepton 240M
FireStrike // Extreme // Ultra // 8K // 16K

don't really have any suggestions for you per se, but i am shocked none of the Musk fanboys have mentioned buying a Tesla.

7 minutes ago, Thunderpup said:

don't really have any suggestions for you per se, but i am shocked none of the Musk fanboys have mentioned buying a Tesla.

You can drink and drive and the car will self drive.

Get 7 fiestas and drive a different coloured one every day

Intel 4670K /w TT water 2.0 performer, GTX 1070FE, Gigabyte Z87X-DH3, Corsair HX750, 16GB Mushkin 1333mhz, Fractal R4 Windowed, Varmilo mint TKL, Logitech m310, HP Pavilion 23bw, Logitech 2.1 Speakers

Get an Alfa Romeo Giulia Quadrifoglio, izi pizi

Looking at my signature are we now? Well too bad there's nothing here...

What? As I said, there seriously is nothing here :) 

1 hour ago, EricTrujillo said:

You can never go wrong with a C7 Z06 if you can find one under 70k.

ZL1 is pretty close to the Z06, without the overheating issues.

5800X3D / ASUS X570 Dark Hero / 64GB 3600mhz / EVGA RTX 3090ti FTW3 Ultra / Dell S3422DWG / Razer Deathstalker v2 / Razer Basilisk v3 Pro / Sennheiser HD 600

2021 Razer Blade 14 3070 / iPhone 15 Pro Max

23 hours ago, yathis said:

LMFAO is this a joke?

Buy a HumVee

LMFAO is this a joke?

Buy a Tesla 

Corsair 600T | Intel Core i7-4770K @ 4.5GHz | Samsung SSD Evo 970 1TB | MS Windows 10 | Samsung CF791 34" | 16GB 1600 MHz Kingston DDR3 HyperX | ASUS Formula VI | Corsair H110  Corsair AX1200i | ASUS Strix Vega 56 8GB Internet http://beta.speedtest.net/result/4365368180

Tesla will beat anything on the drag strip, stock, while towing a trailer with a car on it.

I saw the video. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrreat.

Instant Power

No Power Curve

Limited Range

VW I.D. purely electric can go 600 miles plus you can sleep in it, down by the river.

Get slightly used Lexus LC or Audi R8

Don't bother with American cars 

Amd phenom ii x4 955 Asus crosshair iv formula Kingston hyperx fury 8GB 1600mhz ASUS Radeon R9 280X DirectCU II
Cooler master haf xb evo Antec 750w 500gb wd black BenQ gw2760hs Samsung 850 EVO 250GB 2.5" Solid State Drive 

43 minutes ago, warzkaz said:

Pussay Magnet

?u=https%3A%2F%2Ftse3.mm.bing.net%2Fth%3Fid%3DOIP.T05wB8jkeCFnyveRW7jpfwEsDI%26pid%3D15.1&f=1Audi R8 Wrapped Dark Grey 3M

55 minutes ago, warzkaz said:

Can't find an R8 under 70K

4 hours ago, yathis said:

Tesla will beat anything on the drag strip, stock, while towing a trailer with a car on it.

I saw the video. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrreat.

Instant Power

No Power Curve

Limited Range

VW I.D. purely electric can go 600 miles plus you can sleep in it, down by the river.

Love Teslas, but the one that you are talking about that will beat anything on the drag is the top end P100D, which is $145,000. I could get like a used 85D for around 60K, but I am not sure if I am ready for electric.

Just now, Max_Settings said:

but I am not sure if I am ready for electric.

I am ready!

6 hours ago, Mr.Meerkat said:

Get an Alfa Romeo Giulia Quadrifoglio, izi pizi

Already had this suggestion from another user. What I told him is that I love the car and have heard so many great things about it, but it is over budget and I don't trust Alpha enough as a brand yet.