LinusTech getting funnier?

Is it just me or are LTT videos getting funnier? (Eg. I find myself genuinely laughing more)

Non floatplane scrubs may notice later rather than sooner ;)

Specs

CPU: Intel Core i7 6700k @ 4.6GHz

CPU Cooler: EK Water Loop - Pastel White Fluid

Video/Graphics Card: Zotac GTX 1060 6GB Single Fan (+220 core, +225 mem, manual)

PSU: Corsair RM750i Modular PSU - with Silverstone white extensions

RAM: 16GB Corsair Dominator Platinum (8GB x 2) @ 3000MHz

Peripherals:

• AOC 29" 1080p Monitor (2x)
  • ASUS ROG Cerberus Headset
  • Corsair K90 Keyboard
  • Corsair RGB Strafe Mouse

http://i.imgur.com/TxY11t7.gif

I think this is status update worthy imo.

Personal Desktop":

CPU: Intel Core i7 10700K @5ghz |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock Pro 4 |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Z490UD ATX|~| RAM: 16gb DDR4 3333mhzCL16 G.Skill Trident Z |~| GPU: RX 6900XT Sapphire Nitro+ |~| PSU: Corsair TX650M 80Plus Gold |~| Boot:  SSD WD Green M.2 2280 240GB |~| Storage: 1x3TB HDD 7200rpm Seagate Barracuda + SanDisk Ultra 3D 1TB |~| Case: Fractal Design Meshify C Mini |~| Display: Toshiba UL7A 4K/60hz |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro.

Luna, the temporary Desktop:

CPU: AMD R9 7950XT  |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock 4 Pro |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Aorus Master |~| RAM: 32G Kingston HyperX |~| GPU: AMD Radeon RX 7900XTX (Reference) |~| PSU: Corsair HX1000 80+ Platinum |~| Windows Boot Drive: 2x 512GB (1TB total) Plextor SATA SSD (RAID0 volume) |~| Linux Boot Drive: 500GB Kingston A2000 |~| Storage: 4TB WD Black HDD |~| Case: Cooler Master Silencio S600 |~| Display 1 (leftmost): Eizo (unknown model) 1920x1080 IPS @ 60Hz|~| Display 2 (center): BenQ ZOWIE XL2540 1920x1080 TN @ 240Hz |~| Display 3 (rightmost): Wacom Cintiq Pro 24 3840x2160 IPS @ 60Hz 10-bit |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro (games / art) + Linux (distro: NixOS; programming and daily driver)

nice status update but anyway idk, sure some of what he makes is a bit fun but im here for info mainly and he is pretty shit at that at the moment but i can undsestand his resoning for that too. i find the content entertaining never the less

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

LTT is becoming the tech equivalent to The Grand Tour (or the Clarkson, Richard, and May era of Top Gear).

Intel® Core™ i7-12700 | GIGABYTE B660 AORUS MASTER DDR4 | Gigabyte Radeon™ RX 6650 XT Gaming OC | 32GB Corsair Vengeance® RGB Pro SL DDR4 | Samsung 990 Pro 1TB | WD Green 1.5TB | Windows 11 Pro | NZXT H510 Flow White
Sony MDR-V250 | GNT-500 | Logitech G610 Orion Brown | Logitech G402 | Samsung C27JG5 | ASUS ProArt PA238QR
iPhone 12 Mini (iOS 17.2.1) | iPhone XR (iOS 17.2.1) | iPad Mini (iOS 9.3.5) | KZ AZ09 Pro x KZ ZSN Pro X | Sennheiser HD450bt
Intel® Core™ i7-1265U | Kioxia KBG50ZNV512G | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Enterprise | HP EliteBook 650 G9
Intel® Core™ i5-8520U | WD Blue M.2 250GB | 1TB Seagate FireCuda | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Home | ASUS Vivobook 15 
Intel® Core™ i7-3520M | GT 630M | 16 GB Corsair Vengeance® DDR3 |
Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | macOS Catalina | Lenovo IdeaPad P580

1 minute ago, BlueChinchillaEatingDorito said:

LTT is becoming the tech equivalent to The Grand Tour (or the Clarkson, Richard, and May era of Top Gear).

That's a good thing IMHO.

I'd love LTT to go back to indepth videos, but I really feel @LinusTech has to do what he has to do in terms of growing the numbers (He's said this is unfortunately the way the game is played on many occasions, and he's right). I also feel a lot of more "in depth" stuff came from videos where @Slick had more input/hosted, which obviously is reduced now due to him growing and developing FPC.

If I need to the bone depth on a certain product that LTT reviews/makes glorious B-Roll of, then I can always come here for more info from the community.

I think a more fair analysis would be that @LinusTech has become the tech equivalent of Neil Degrasse Tyson. Linus is now a tech educator, making videos entertaining to get people "through the door" as it were. Keeping them there and informing them at the same time is definitely his forte. Many youtubers can provide slide after slide of specs and metrics... but nobody entertains me with it at the same time as LTT.

My Two Cents (Not Jayz) xD

DAEDALUS (2018 Refit) - Processor: AMD Ryzen 5 - 1600 @ 3.7Ghz // Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 LED Turbo Black Edition // Motherboard: Asus RoG Strix B350-F Gaming // Graphics Card: Gigabyte GTX 1060 Windforce 6GB GDDR5 // Memory: 2 x 8GB DDR4 Corsair LPX Vengeance 3000Mhz // Storage: WD Green - 250GB M.2 SATA SSD (Boot Drive and Programs), SanDisk Ultra II 120GB (GTA V), WD Elements 1TB External Drive (Steam Library) // Power Supply: Cooler Master Silent Pro 700W // Case: BeQuiet Silentbase 600 with SilentWings Mk.2 Internal Fans // Peripherals: VicTop Mechanical Gaming Keyboard & VicTsing 7200 DPI Wired Gaming Mouse

PROMETHEUS (2018 Refit) - Processor: Intel Core i5-3470 @ 3.2Ghz // Cooler: Cooler Master 212 EVO // Motherboard: Foxconn 2ABF // Graphics Card: ATI Radeon HD 5450 (For Diagnostic Testing Only) // Memory: 2 x 4GB DDR3 Mushkin Memory // Storage: 10TB of Various Storage Drives // Power Supply: Corsair 600W // Case: Bitfenix Nova Midi Tower - Black

SpeedTest Results - Having Trouble Finding a Decent PSU? - Check the PSU Tier List!

52 minutes ago, _Rapid said:

Is it just me or are LTT videos getting funnier? (Eg. I find myself genuinely laughing more)

There are more people contributing to our projects than ever before. And everyone brings their own quirky style.

We also have more time to work on things, which means we could finish our videos to the same standard as before, then put our feet on the desk for the rest of the day.. or we can spend more time making them better than ever.

I hope it's obvious which one we chose :P

1 minute ago, LinusTech said:

There are more people contributing to our projects than ever before. And everyone brings their own quirky style.

We also have more time to work on things, which means we could finish our videos to the same standard as before, then put our feet on the desk for the rest of the day.. or we can spend more time making them better than ever.

I hope it's obvious which one we chose :P

will slick ever come back to host

I really liked him and you linus :P

also have you ever thought about having a whole range of hosts?

I know you might get some backlash but having alot more people host would be a nice change from linus and weird thumbnails

Also whenever brandon hosts a video its so crispy(you need more of that)

I mean technically having taran for the bike videos brandon for like 1 camera vid every like year and edzel randomly is a thing

but I would like more of a rotating cast of hosts I guess(I also want slick back)

Mouse: Logitech g402 <3

Keyboard: Some Tenkeyless with blue kalih switches

Headphones: Logitech g430

Monitor: HP w2207h (1680 x 1050 @ 60hz)

PC Specs:CPU(AMD A8 6500 @3.5ghz), Mobo ( ASUS A68HM-E  FM2+), 1x1600mhz 4gb stick of ram, Random grey PSU, 920gb ssd

PhoneIphone 5 32gb

Tablet: Ipad 2 16gb

Laptop:Toshiba satelite with 8gb of ram a 480gb ssd and a mobile 2nd gen I3

Well now I feel bad about what I said since Linus himself replied to the thread, I don't know about the funnier part but that great great video towards Intel's x299 surely shown how LTT is still serious enough to criticize when needed to and that was deeply appreciated to watch [:

Personal Desktop":

CPU: Intel Core i7 10700K @5ghz |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock Pro 4 |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Z490UD ATX|~| RAM: 16gb DDR4 3333mhzCL16 G.Skill Trident Z |~| GPU: RX 6900XT Sapphire Nitro+ |~| PSU: Corsair TX650M 80Plus Gold |~| Boot:  SSD WD Green M.2 2280 240GB |~| Storage: 1x3TB HDD 7200rpm Seagate Barracuda + SanDisk Ultra 3D 1TB |~| Case: Fractal Design Meshify C Mini |~| Display: Toshiba UL7A 4K/60hz |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro.

Luna, the temporary Desktop:

CPU: AMD R9 7950XT  |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock 4 Pro |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Aorus Master |~| RAM: 32G Kingston HyperX |~| GPU: AMD Radeon RX 7900XTX (Reference) |~| PSU: Corsair HX1000 80+ Platinum |~| Windows Boot Drive: 2x 512GB (1TB total) Plextor SATA SSD (RAID0 volume) |~| Linux Boot Drive: 500GB Kingston A2000 |~| Storage: 4TB WD Black HDD |~| Case: Cooler Master Silencio S600 |~| Display 1 (leftmost): Eizo (unknown model) 1920x1080 IPS @ 60Hz|~| Display 2 (center): BenQ ZOWIE XL2540 1920x1080 TN @ 240Hz |~| Display 3 (rightmost): Wacom Cintiq Pro 24 3840x2160 IPS @ 60Hz 10-bit |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro (games / art) + Linux (distro: NixOS; programming and daily driver)

1 hour ago, _Rapid said:

No Linus is not getting funnier at all. He is getting more cringe worthy for sure.

1 hour ago, yathis said:

No Linus is not getting funnier at all. He is getting more cringe worthy for sure.

ZPJrgpG.gif.e09d778beb91168610d5d7f1f62c110e.gif

DAEDALUS (2018 Refit) - Processor: AMD Ryzen 5 - 1600 @ 3.7Ghz // Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 LED Turbo Black Edition // Motherboard: Asus RoG Strix B350-F Gaming // Graphics Card: Gigabyte GTX 1060 Windforce 6GB GDDR5 // Memory: 2 x 8GB DDR4 Corsair LPX Vengeance 3000Mhz // Storage: WD Green - 250GB M.2 SATA SSD (Boot Drive and Programs), SanDisk Ultra II 120GB (GTA V), WD Elements 1TB External Drive (Steam Library) // Power Supply: Cooler Master Silent Pro 700W // Case: BeQuiet Silentbase 600 with SilentWings Mk.2 Internal Fans // Peripherals: VicTop Mechanical Gaming Keyboard & VicTsing 7200 DPI Wired Gaming Mouse

PROMETHEUS (2018 Refit) - Processor: Intel Core i5-3470 @ 3.2Ghz // Cooler: Cooler Master 212 EVO // Motherboard: Foxconn 2ABF // Graphics Card: ATI Radeon HD 5450 (For Diagnostic Testing Only) // Memory: 2 x 4GB DDR3 Mushkin Memory // Storage: 10TB of Various Storage Drives // Power Supply: Corsair 600W // Case: Bitfenix Nova Midi Tower - Black

SpeedTest Results - Having Trouble Finding a Decent PSU? - Check the PSU Tier List!

It's not funnier but it's less mature. For some people that might be funnier but for some it might be more annoying. 

PC: Case: Cooler Master CM690 II - PSU: Cooler Master G650M - RAM: Transcend 4x 8Gb DDR3 1333Mhz - MoBo: Gigabyte Z87x-D3H - CPU: i5 4670K @ 4.5Ghz - GPU: MSI GTX1060 ARMOR OC - Hard disks: 4x 500Gb Seagate enterprise in RAID 0 - SSD: Crucial M4 128Gb

Phone: Samsung Galaxy S6

9 hours ago, yathis said:

Totally agree. This is my first comment to one of his videos (The most Badass Editing Workstations EVER?!):

comm.JPG

CPU: Ryzen 7 2700x, Cooling: Corsair H100i Platinum AIO MOBO: Asus Strix B450 F GPU: Gigabyte GTX 1080 Founders Edition + Arctic Accelero Xtreme III RAM: 2x8GB ThermalTake ToughRAM White 3200MHz PSU: Corsair RM850x White Storage: 250GB Samsung 970 Evo NVMe CASE: Corsair 275r Airflow White OTHER: White and Orange Cable Extensions ---- MONITOR: Samsung LC32JG5 32" WQHD 1440p VA 144Hz

10 hours ago, r3loAded said:

Totally agree. This is my first comment to one of his videos (The most Badass Editing Workstations EVER?!):

comm.JPG

Yup, Linus is a grown adult and can take criticism easily as he is used to it. Its just getting a little long in the tooth for these silly thumbnails, and silly costumes, and food props (milk + patatoe). That should be aimed directly at Channel Super Fun where the median age is much much lower.

IMHO, Linus is the tech tube equivalent of the college kid who wants to be funny but isnt and just ends up annoying a shit ton of people 

Also, 

If you try to appeal to everyone, you end up appealing to no one

On 6/15/2017 at 5:55 PM, Mooshi said:

If only Linus were to drink a gallon of chocolate milk for every dollar the x299 is overpriced by~

LinusLactoseTips

Please, we're not trying to kill him xD 

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

6 minutes ago, Ryan_Vickers said:

Please, we're not trying to kill him xD 

fine every 10$. it will still be a few dozen but is that better than a few hundred 

Good luck, Have fun, Build PC, and have a last gen console for use once a year. I should answer most of the time between 9 to 3 PST

NightHawk 3.0: R7 5700x @, B550A vision D, H105, 2x32gb Oloy 3600, Sapphire RX 6700XT  Nitro+, Corsair RM750X, 500 gb 850 evo, 2tb rocket and 5tb Toshiba x300, 2x 6TB WD Black W10 all in a 750D airflow.
GF PC: (nighthawk 2.0): R7 2700x, B450m vision D, 4x8gb Geli 2933, Strix GTX970, CX650M RGB, Obsidian 350D

Skunkworks: R5 3500U, 16gb, 500gb Adata XPG 6000 lite, Vega 8. HP probook G455R G6 Ubuntu 20. LTS

Condor (MC server): 6600K, z170m plus, 16gb corsair vengeance LPX, samsung 750 evo, EVGA BR 450.

Spirt  (NAS) ASUS Z9PR-D12, 2x E5 2620V2, 8x4gb, 24 3tb HDD. F80 800gb cache, trueNAS, 2x12disk raid Z3 stripped

PSU Tier List      Motherboard Tier List     SSD Tier List     How to get PC parts cheap    HP probook 445R G6 review

"Stupidity is like trying to find a limit of a constant. You are never truly smart in something, just less stupid."

Camera Gear: X-S10, 16-80 F4, 60D, 24-105 F4, 50mm F1.4, Helios44-m, 2 Cos-11D lavs