OnePlus to reveal OnePlus 5 on June 20

Techicolors
7 hours ago, MysticLTT said:

If it's 1080p, it better not be PenTile.

Leaks say its 1440p, i would be happy with a 1080p AmOLED (since all their previous screens have been supplied by samsung)

as long as it has good color accuracy (think s6 screen) also the battery saving

7 hours ago, MysticLTT said:

OP3's bottom grill also looked like iPhone, I liked how well it matches my iPad Pro

as long as it has a 3.5 mm jack i aint complaing

7 hours ago, Himommies said:

Does nobody care about the G6

Nope its dead to me, even after all the deals on it. V20 would serve me better (or a op3t)

1 hour ago, dizmo said:

Pretty sure it's already been confirmed to be 1440p.

Did you raise issue on the forums? They tend to listen to them. If you didn't, I don't think you really have the right to complain :P I have the same battery drain issue with my Nexus 5x, and it happened with my Note5. It's an Android issue.

Their adapter is only $10...at least they're not charging $30 like Apple would.

What about the cheap price? I bought a OnePlus and used it for a bit. I might buy this one. I have absolutely no intention of rooting.

Yeah, Android still has issues with power management. Every android phone I've used has gotten hot, and had abnormally high battery usage by idle apps. It's not even always the same app either, sometimes it is android core, sometimes it is Firefox or Chrome, or Skype or some other application.

I've had this happen on my old LG, an HTC desire, oneplus one, nexus 6p, Samsung s7 Edge, galaxy a7 and a few others. It's one of the reasons why I am strongly considering getting an iPhone this autumn.

Intel i7 5820K (4.5 GHz) | MSI X99A MPower | 32 GB Kingston HyperX Fury 2666MHz | Asus RoG STRIX GTX 1080ti OC | Samsung 951 m.2 nVME 512GB | Crucial MX200 1000GB | Western Digital Caviar Black 2000GB | Noctua NH-D15 | Fractal Define R5 | Seasonic 860 Platinum | Logitech G910 | Sennheiser 599 | Blue Yeti | Logitech G502

Nikon D500 | Nikon 300mm f/4 PF  | Nikon 200-500 f/5.6 | Nikon 50mm f/1.8 | Tamron 70-210 f/4 VCII | Sigma 10-20 f/3.5 | Nikon 17-55 f/2.8 | Tamron 90mm F2.8 SP Di VC USD Macro | Neewer 750II

9 hours ago, Bananasplit_00 said:

no i dont feel like rooting my phone, i wanted one because it was the best value on the market at the time and it has this sweet sandpaper back that dosent help my grip for shit but feels really nice

rooting your phone is like 5 minutes of work.. they even show how to do it on their youtube channel i believe. oneplus is meant as an enthusiast tinkering phone, only since oneplus 3 they really focused on mainstream. they are the only phone manufacturer i know that doesn't void warranty with software mods, that was why they where my only option. i support that attitude. i mean i get that it was good value but the SoC was shit on its own already, caused massive overheating problems which sucks but really isn't oneplus their fault.

Like it or not, all these companies are, trying to compete with iPhone. (And I am not even talking about their design )

Because iphone has the best margin among all phones out there. 

As in try to put themselves into the high end market as soon as possible. 

Just like nexus line up, as well as one  plus's line up.

Couple of decent phones, decent price, decent/ok support when it comes to OS update. 

Then BAM! jack up the price and make it a high end phone. 

That's what alll these manufacturers are trying to do. 

And they want to get there as soon as possible, namely within 4,5 years. 

This is not a "iphone is better than any android phone " debate, if you want to argue with me on that, save it. 

If it is not broken, let's fix till it is. 

I saw this a few days ago, but didn';t say anything as I assumed people knew about it already  http://www.gearbest.com/cell-phones/pp_627537.html

Please quote my post, or put @paddy-stone if you want me to respond to you.

Spoiler
  • PCs:- 
  • Main PC build  https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/2K6Q7X
  • ASUS x53e  - i7 2670QM / Sony BD writer x8 / Win 10, Elemetary OS, Ubuntu/ Samsung 830 SSD
  • Lenovo G50 - 8Gb RAM - Samsung 860 Evo 250GB SSD - DVD writer
  •  
  • Displays:-
  • Philips 55 OLED 754 model
  • Panasonic 55" 4k TV
  • LG 29" Ultrawide
  • Philips 24" 1080p monitor as backup
  •  
  • Storage/NAS/Servers:-
  • ESXI/test build  https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/4wyR9G
  • Main Server https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/3Qftyk
  • Backup server - HP Proliant Gen 8 4 bay NAS running FreeNAS ZFS striped 3x3TiB WD reds
  • HP ProLiant G6 Server SE316M1 Twin Hex Core Intel Xeon E5645 2.40GHz 48GB RAM
  •  
  • Gaming/Tablets etc:-
  • Xbox One S 500GB + 2TB HDD
  • PS4
  • Nvidia Shield TV
  • Xiaomi/Pocafone F2 pro 8GB/256GB
  • Xiaomi Redmi Note 4

• Unused Hardware currently :-
  • 4670K MSI mobo 16GB ram
  • i7 6700K  b250 mobo
  • Zotac GTX 1060 6GB Amp! edition
  • Zotac GTX 1050 mini

I really wish OnePlus and Verizon could work something out to get these phones to work with Verizon. I live in South Dakota and my options are Verizon and AT&T. Verizon is the only network here that works decently. 

I'd love to replace my Nexus 6P with one of these, when it comes time to replace it (my 6P is running great).

8 hours ago, dizmo said:

Pretty sure it's already been confirmed to be 1440p.

Did you raise issue on the forums? They tend to listen to them. If you didn't, I don't think you really have the right to complain :P I have the same battery drain issue with my Nexus 5x, and it happened with my Note5. It's an Android issue.

Their adapter is only $10...at least they're not charging $30 like Apple would.

What about the cheap price? I bought a OnePlus and used it for a bit. I might buy this one. I have absolutely no intention of rooting.

$10 and then shipping that takes ages. didnt even know they had a forum but im pretty sure i threw them an email or something right after the update. sure its great price, but recently its started to hang aswell with no apps open. i wont be changeing my phone for atleast another year anyway so im sticking to it but i cant say im a super big fan of it

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

Why did they copy the iPhone design? :/

CPU: Intel Core i7-5820K | Motherboard: AsRock X99 Extreme4 | Graphics Card: Gigabyte GTX 1080 G1 Gaming | RAM: 16GB G.Skill Ripjaws4 2133MHz | Storage: 1 x Samsung 860 EVO 1TB | 1 x WD Green 2TB | 1 x WD Blue 500GB | PSU: Corsair RM750x | Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro (White) | Cooling: Arctic Freezer i32

Mice: Logitech G Pro X Superlight (main), Logitech G Pro Wireless, Razer Viper Ultimate, Zowie S1 Divina Blue, Zowie FK1-B Divina Blue, Logitech G Pro (3366 sensor), Glorious Model O, Razer Viper Mini, Logitech G305, Logitech G502, Logitech G402

16 hours ago, nerdslayer1 said:

LG has crappy phones, most likely will have quality issues. outdated specs, not as good of a display, decent camera not the best for a flagship. 

G5 user, terrible screen burn, can confirm. 

- snip-

the look (if real) are already a huge turn off for me.

One day I will be able to play Monster Hunter Frontier in French/Italian/English on my PC, it's just a matter of time... 4 5 6 7 8 9 years later: It's finally coming!!!

Phones: iPhone 4S/SE | LG V10 | Lumia 920 | Samsung S24 Ultra

Laptops: Macbook Pro 15" (mid-2012) | Compaq Presario V6000

Other: Steam Deck

<>EVs are bad, they kill the planet and remove freedoms too some/<>

2 hours ago, linkboy said:

I really wish OnePlus and Verizon could work something out to get these phones to work with Verizon. I live in South Dakota and my options are Verizon and AT&T. Verizon is the only network here that works decently. 

I'd love to replace my Nexus 6P with one of these, when it comes time to replace it (my 6P is running great).

I had the same problem when I lived there, Verizon was the only network worth a shit so it kinda limits you to phones :(

Also if you don't mind me asking, East River or West River lol?

Just now, imreloadin said:

I had the same problem when I lived there, Verizon was the only network worth a shit so it kinda limits you to phones :(

Also if you don't mind me asking, East River or West River lol?

I'm in Rapid City, so West River.

Just now, linkboy said:

I'm in Rapid City, so West River.

Nice, I lived in Belle Fourche for the first two decades of my life lol.

2 hours ago, linkboy said:

i've been waiting for the oneplus 5 to replace my 6p. the 6p i got is getting seriously old at this point 

Just now, imreloadin said:

Nice, I lived in Belle Fourche for the first two decades of my life lol.

I'm from California, ended up here due to the Air Force. I'm getting out at the end of the month and staying in Rapid for the time being (going to school in town).

1 minute ago, Technicolors said:

i've been waiting for the oneplus 5 to replace my 6p. the 6p i got is getting seriously old at this point 

I bought a 64GB 6P last year and got a good deal on a brand new 128GB (which was the model I originally wanted) a few months ago. It's running great, so I'm not in a hurry to upgrade.

Cant wait to know more about it!

Honestly, i would love to buy one (the price is awesome and compromises on their phones are minimal if non-existant) to upgrade my father OPX and one to upgrade my GS7E, but their shipping restrictions surely dont help.

I could always go to Gearbest, but in the official website its so easy to find official acessories and order them, something Gearbest doesnt provide...

Groomlake Authority

3 hours ago, linkboy said:

wait.. i thought spec wise 6p is a lot more better than one+?

48 minutes ago, Technicolors said:

wow... a lot of people are trying to replace their 6p? 

I had one for a while it is a powerful phone.. 

Did you guys get 8.0 or now google only care about pixel? 

30 minutes ago, VerticalDiscussions said:

true true. :)

7 minutes ago, mrchow19910319 said:

wait.. i thought spec wise 6p is a lot more better than one+?

In regards to the OnePlus 3, maybe, but the OnePlus 5 should be more powerful.

5 minutes ago, mrchow19910319 said:

wow... a lot of people are trying to replace their 6p? 

I had one for a while it is a powerful phone.. 

Did you guys get 8.0 or now google only care about pixel? 

There's some hardware issues going on with both the 6P and the 5X. Phones have been boot looping and shutting down at random times (regardless of what the battery percentage says).

Huawei, Google and LG (in regards to the 5X) have all dropped the ball in regards to customer support for people who are having the issue, to the point where some class action lawsuits were started up.

The 6P is still a fantastic phone (I've got no complaints with mine), but it's not without its faults.

It's going to receive 8.0, but Google has fully moved onto the Pixel.

3 minutes ago, linkboy said:

okay... so I was not the only one that experienced these issues with nexus 6p....

stock camera can't even open.... will crash everytime.... 

The thing that gets me the most was that normally it is okay, but something comes up and you really need to use a certain feature/function it crashes on you...like... really frustrating... 

after a few months struggle, sold it and bought a iphone SE....