AMD Vega GPU prices leaked?

Terryv

I can't comment on the legitimacy of this article or the website, but if it's true then Nvidia's got some large price drops to look at of they want to compete.

Spoiler

AMD RX Vega is highly anticipated to come out sometime this year and there are rumors that suggest that we might get to see custom AMD RX Vega GPUs at Computex later this month. There is little that we know about these GPUs but reports are coming in that claim that there will be 3 different AMD RX Vega GPUs and the top of the line AMD RX Vega Nova will be cheaper than the GTX 1080 Ti.

The top of the line AMD RX Vega Nova will cost $599 which is less than the GTX 1080 Ti. Reports claim that the AMD RX Vega Nova will target the GTX 1080 Ti and will have similar performance. Seeing how this upcoming GPU has similar performance and is considerably more economical I do not see why people would go towards team Green.

The information has not been confirmed yet so you should take all this with a grain of salt and wait for the official word from AMD. AMD did say that the AMD Vega GPUs would be competitive as compared to high-end Nvidia graphics cards but there have been other leaks that indicate the exact opposite, so we are not sure at this point in time.

Besides the AMD RX Vega Nova, we have the RX Vega Eclipse that will be taking on the GTX 1080. According to reports, this GPU will cost $499.99 which is also very competitive. Keep in mind that the founder edition still costs around $600 so the AMD GPU is great value for money provided that it has a similar level of performance.

Moving ahead, we have the RX Vega Core, this will be taking on the GTX 1070. This GPU will cost $399.99. This is again great value for money considering that a GTX 1070 will cost you about $400. If this report is to be taken to heart then the AMD RX Vega Nova will be taking on the GTX 1080 Ti. It will be interesting to see how both GPUs compare against one another.

Let us know what you think about the AMD RX Vega Nova and whether or not it will be able to compete with the GTX 1080 Ti.

https://segmentnext.com/2017/05/12/amd-rx-vega-nova-graphics-card/

System specs:

GTX 1050

16GB DDR3

Samsung evo SSD

a few HDD's

This all originated on Reddit. From one person.

The two lower end cards maybe make sense, but the high end one doesn't. If amd had a 1080 ti or better card it'd be priced higher than $600 (maybe $650), but anyhow I don't think vega will be faster than the 1080 ti.

Make sure to quote me or tag me when responding to me, or I might not know you replied! Examples:

Do this:

And make sure you do it by hitting the quote button at the bottom left of my post, and not the one inside the editor!

Or this:

@DocSwag

Buy whatever product is best for you, not what product is "best" for the market.

Interested in computer architecture? Still in middle or high school? P.M. me!

I love computer hardware and feel free to ask me anything about that (or phones). I especially like SSDs. But please do not ask me anything about Networking, programming, command line stuff, or any relatively hard software stuff. I know next to nothing about that.

Compooters:

Spoiler

Desktop:

Spoiler

CPU: i7 6700k, CPU Cooler: be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3, Motherboard: MSI Z170a KRAIT GAMING, RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws 4 Series 4x4gb DDR4-2666 MHz, Storage: SanDisk SSD Plus 240gb + OCZ Vertex 180 480 GB + Western Digital Caviar Blue 1 TB 7200 RPM, Video Card: EVGA GTX 970 SSC, Case: Fractal Design Define S, Power Supply: Seasonic Focus+ Gold 650w Yay, Keyboard: Logitech G710+, Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum, Headphones: B&O H9i, Monitor: LG 29um67 (2560x1080 75hz freesync)

Home Server:

Spoiler

CPU: Pentium G4400, CPU Cooler: Stock, Motherboard: MSI h110l Pro Mini AC, RAM: Hyper X Fury DDR4 1x8gb 2133 MHz, Storage: PNY CS1311 120gb SSD + two Segate 4tb HDDs in RAID 1, Video Card: Does Intel Integrated Graphics count?, Case: Fractal Design Node 304, Power Supply: Seasonic 360w 80+ Gold, Keyboard+Mouse+Monitor: Does it matter?

Laptop (I use it for school):

Spoiler

Surface book 2 13" with an i7 8650u, 8gb RAM, 256 GB storage, and a GTX 1050

And if you're curious (or a stalker) I have a Just Black Pixel 2 XL 64gb

If these prices are real, it's gonna be a flop.

I can buy a 1070 for $330 pre-rebate. and a 1080 for about $500.

their Vega Core needs to be $299 and their Vega Eclipse needs to be $449

QUOTE/TAG ME WHEN REPLYING

Spend As Much Time Writing Your Question As You Want Me To Spend Responding To It.

If I'm wrong, please point it out. I'm always learning & I won't bite.

Desktop:

Delidded Core i7 4770K - GTX 1070 ROG Strix - 16GB DDR3 - Lots of RGB lights I never change

Laptop:

HP Spectre X360 - i7 8560U - MX150 - 2TB SSD - 16GB DDR4

TL;DR for the lazy

VEGA Nova (1080 Ti rival): $599

VEGA Eclipse (1080 rival): $499.99

VEGA Core (1070 rival): $399.99

RX 580 (1060 rival): priceless

RX 480 4GB Power Color Red Dragon: $0

Just now, deXxterlab97 said:

TL;DR for the lazy

VEGA Nova (1080 rival): $ 499.99

VEGA Core (1070 rival): 39.99

HOLY BALLZ YOU'RE STILL HERE!

Undercutting their RX 460... Don't think so. /s

Spend As Much Time Writing Your Question As You Want Me To Spend Responding To It.

Desktop:

Delidded Core i7 4770K - GTX 1070 ROG Strix - 16GB DDR3 - Lots of RGB lights I never change

Laptop:

Just now, Valentyn said:

$39.99?! Guess AMD really want some Market share. :P

Just now, RadiatingLight said:

HOLY BALLZ YOU'RE STILL HERE!

Undercutting their RX 460... Don't think so. /s

guys can you stop ninja replying my post while i edit my mistakes?

Just now, DocSwag said:

The two lower end cards maybe make sense, but the high end one doesn't. If amd had a 1080 ti or better card it'd be priced higher than $600 (maybe $650), but anyhow I don't think vega will be faster than the 1080 ti.

Judging by the leaked FireStrike and TimeSpy scores, I think that Vega will (barely) be able to match a 1080....

CPU: Intel Core i7-5820K | Motherboard: AsRock X99 Extreme4 | Graphics Card: Gigabyte GTX 1080 G1 Gaming | RAM: 16GB G.Skill Ripjaws4 2133MHz | Storage: 1 x Samsung 860 EVO 1TB | 1 x WD Green 2TB | 1 x WD Blue 500GB | PSU: Corsair RM750x | Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro (White) | Cooling: Arctic Freezer i32

Mice: Logitech G Pro X Superlight (main), Logitech G Pro Wireless, Razer Viper Ultimate, Zowie S1 Divina Blue, Zowie FK1-B Divina Blue, Logitech G Pro (3366 sensor), Glorious Model O, Razer Viper Mini, Logitech G305, Logitech G502, Logitech G402

guys can you stop ninja replying my post while i edit my mistakes?

Are you officially back to the forum?

Desktop:

Laptop:

2 minutes ago, deXxterlab97 said:

VEGA Nova (Supposedly a 1080 Ti rival): $599

VEGA Eclipse (Supposedly a 1080 rival): $499.99

VEGA Core (Supposedly a 1070 rival): 399.99

And AFAIK Nova and Eclipse use the same GPU but one is watercooled and the other is air cooled.

CPU: Intel Core i7-5820K | Motherboard: AsRock X99 Extreme4 | Graphics Card: Gigabyte GTX 1080 G1 Gaming | RAM: 16GB G.Skill Ripjaws4 2133MHz | Storage: 1 x Samsung 860 EVO 1TB | 1 x WD Green 2TB | 1 x WD Blue 500GB | PSU: Corsair RM750x | Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro (White) | Cooling: Arctic Freezer i32

Mice: Logitech G Pro X Superlight (main), Logitech G Pro Wireless, Razer Viper Ultimate, Zowie S1 Divina Blue, Zowie FK1-B Divina Blue, Logitech G Pro (3366 sensor), Glorious Model O, Razer Viper Mini, Logitech G305, Logitech G502, Logitech G402

Just now, RadiatingLight said:

Are you officially back to the forum?

check status update

Just now, PCGuy_5960 said:

And AFAIK Nova and Eclipse use the same GPU but one is watercooled and the other is air cooled.

Fury and Fury X flashback

If they're going to price them on the same level as Nvidia, they're going to lose. They have to put them at least 10% lower. People simply have more faith in Nvidia products. Unless perhaps they really bump up the VRAM, I see this being a misstep for AMD. Hopefully they come to their sense and price it more affordably (though this isn't even a backed up rumor so I'm not holding my breath).

3 minutes ago, RadiatingLight said:

If these prices are real, it's gonna be a flop.

I can buy a 1070 for $330 pre-rebate. and a 1080 for about $500.

their Vega Core needs to be $299 and their Vega Eclipse needs to be $449

Totally agree. By the time it actually releases the 1080 could very well be closer to $450. If you go to some sites with first purchase coupon codes.

3 minutes ago, DocSwag said:

I don't think it would. They need market share, and I imagine they'll sell at a lower margin to gain more sales.

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Fury and Fury X flashback

Fury X and Nano ;) The Fury was slightly cut down so it performed 10-15% worse than the Fury X. 

Moving ahead, we have the RX Vega Core, this will be taking on the GTX 1070. This GPU will cost $399.99. This is again great value for money considering that a GTX 1070 will cost you about $400.

OMG! That's one hell of a bargain, guys! You save an entire penny by going with the RX Vega Core over the GTX 1070! That is an incredible savings. I don't know how NVIDIA will be able to survive with such aggressive pricing from AMD. xD

35 minutes ago, DocSwag said:

I agree: They delayed Vega enough to basically become a tell that they just don't got there in performance.

-------

Current Rig

-------

2 minutes ago, Crosseyed Sniper said:

OMG! That's one hell of a bargain, guys! You save an entire penny by going with the RX Vega Core over the GTX 1070! That is an incredible savings. I don't know how NVIDIA will be able to survive with such aggressive pricing from AMD. xD

But a 1070 costs $380........................................................:ph34r:

Just now, Misanthrope said:

I agree: They delayed Vega enough to basically become a tell that they just don't got there in performance.

It looks more like SK Hynix delayed the,. Vega is supposed to have 512GB/s bandwidth, and for that they need 2.0Gbps HBM2.

SK Hynix catalogue only lists 1.6Gbps for Q1 2017; whereas last year they showed Q3 2016 for 2.0Gbps and 1.6Gbps.

Looks like production issues has caused Vega to be delayed.

5950X | NH D15S | 64GB 3200Mhz | RTX 3090 | ASUS PG348Q+MG278Q

38 minutes ago, DocSwag said:

lmao i was in that thread; we literally made a joke about how WCCFTech or some other site will use this the thread and claim "legitimate inside source"

"If you ain't first, you're last"

1 minute ago, Misanthrope said:

And the prices aren't lower than their Nvidia counterparts.....

2 minutes ago, PCGuy_5960 said:

But a 1070 costs $380........................................................:ph34r:

1070s cost less than $380 now lmao

"If you ain't first, you're last"

1 minute ago, Memories4K said:

lmao i was in that thread; we literally made a joke about how WCCFTech or some other site will use this the thread and claim "legitimate inside source"

it is on the internet so it must be true

Also, I can get GTX 1070 from €360... that is with 20% tax included.

Just now, Memories4K said:

1070s cost less than $380 now lmao

Yeah, if those prices aren't fake, only AMD Fanboys will buy Vega cards xD

23 minutes ago, dizmo said:

Totally agree. By the time it actually releases the 1080 could very well be closer to $450. If you go to some sites with first purchase coupon codes.

I don't think it would. They need market share, and I imagine they'll sell at a lower margin to gain more sales.

Cheapest Vega needs to be a bump up from the RX 580 (8gb models are $250-300), and either needs to slap around a GTX 1070 for around the same price ($350ish?), or be much cheaper.  Ignoring things like Gsync/Freesync/shadowplay/etc, and going purely off of performance and price to the point the cards are interchangeable, that's what it comes down to.  If they're close in performance and price, mindshare happens and nvidia cards get purchased.  This is probably the hardest card to compete with in the market, because it's in such a good place.

High-end Vega needs to either match/annoy the 1080ti and provide great single-card 4K performance for way cheaper, or it needs to blow it out of the water.  I feel like they could actually eat Nvidia's lunch in this area more easily, because 1080ti's are holy balls $700-800+ USD video cards.

And obviously put middle-Vega somewhere in-between.  I'd love it if middle Vega was an air cooled card that was still perfectly capable of 4K gaming for under $550.

SFF-ish:  Ryzen 5 1600X, Asrock AB350M Pro4, 16GB Corsair LPX 3200, Sapphire R9 Fury Nitro -75mV, 512gb Plextor Nvme m.2, 512gb Sandisk SATA m.2, Cryorig H7, stuffed into an Inwin 301 with rgb front panel mod.  LG27UD58.

Aging Workhorse:  Phenom II X6 1090T Black (4GHz #Yolo), 16GB Corsair XMS 1333, RX 470 Red Devil 4gb (Sold for $330 to Cryptominers), HD6850 1gb, Hilariously overkill Asus Crosshair V, 240gb Sandisk SSD Plus, 4TB's worth of mechanical drives, and a bunch of water/glycol.  Coming soon:  Bykski CPU block, whatever cheap Polaris 10 GPU I can get once miners start unloading them.

MintyFreshMedia:  Thinkserver TS130 with i3-3220, 4gb ecc ram, 120GB Toshiba/OCZ SSD booting Linux Mint XFCE, 2TB Hitachi Ultrastar.  In Progress:  3D printed drive mounts, 4 2TB ultrastars in RAID 5.

Supernova-76025.gif

7OCoV29.png

p29824_p_v8_aa.jpg

*Shakes head*

If the prices from that rumour are right, then...well... Good luck I guess.