My head is gonna blow up...

Hi fellow PC enthusiasts

I'm gonna build a budget gaming PC from scratch in Germany at a price range of  400€.

I've been looking into a Pentium G4560 + GTX 1060 setup, but I can't really decide if the 1060 is worth it because it does get a tad bottlenecked. I thought of getting the 1050Ti at first but my budget can hold more. The RX570 is also tempting but since I'm planning on getting the KFA² (GALAX) 1060 the price is the same (180€).I really can't decide what's the best way to go so I thought I would share here.

Here is a build from Geizhals.de :

https://geizhals.de/?cat=WL-795845

PS: I have a HDD

PS2: I still am not completely sure what my budget will be so this is like Alfa planning :D

570/470 > 3gb 1060 >> 1050Ti, and it's worth stepping up from the 1050Ti.

Also that PSU is probably junk. Get a Tier 4 or above unit (with >=400w) from the PSU tier list in my signature. 

PSU Tier List | CoC

Gaming Build | FreeNAS Server

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

1 minute ago, djdwosk97 said:

570/470=3gb 1060 >> 1050Ti

FIFY ;)

CPU: Intel Core i7-5820K | Motherboard: AsRock X99 Extreme4 | Graphics Card: Gigabyte GTX 1080 G1 Gaming | RAM: 16GB G.Skill Ripjaws4 2133MHz | Storage: 1 x Samsung 860 EVO 1TB | 1 x WD Green 2TB | 1 x WD Blue 500GB | PSU: Corsair RM750x | Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro (White) | Cooling: Arctic Freezer i32

Mice: Logitech G Pro X Superlight (main), Logitech G Pro Wireless, Razer Viper Ultimate, Zowie S1 Divina Blue, Zowie FK1-B Divina Blue, Logitech G Pro (3366 sensor), Glorious Model O, Razer Viper Mini, Logitech G305, Logitech G502, Logitech G402

Just now, PCGuy_5960 said:

FIFY ;)

The extra gb of VRAM is enough to push the the 570/470 ahead. 

PSU Tier List | CoC

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

Just now, djdwosk97 said:

The extra gb of VRAM is enough to push the the 570/470 ahead. 

Not really, they are equal....

CPU: Intel Core i7-5820K | Motherboard: AsRock X99 Extreme4 | Graphics Card: Gigabyte GTX 1080 G1 Gaming | RAM: 16GB G.Skill Ripjaws4 2133MHz | Storage: 1 x Samsung 860 EVO 1TB | 1 x WD Green 2TB | 1 x WD Blue 500GB | PSU: Corsair RM750x | Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro (White) | Cooling: Arctic Freezer i32

Mice: Logitech G Pro X Superlight (main), Logitech G Pro Wireless, Razer Viper Ultimate, Zowie S1 Divina Blue, Zowie FK1-B Divina Blue, Logitech G Pro (3366 sensor), Glorious Model O, Razer Viper Mini, Logitech G305, Logitech G502, Logitech G402

1 minute ago, PCGuy_5960 said:

Yes, they perform similarly, but I'd rather have the extra gb of vram than better power consumption. 

PSU Tier List | CoC

Spoiler

Spoiler

3 minutes ago, djdwosk97 said:

570/470 > 3gb 1060 >> 1050Ti, and it's worth stepping up from the 1050Ti.

Also that PSU is probably junk. Get a Tier 4 or above unit (with >=400w) from the PSU tier list in my signature. 

If you're speaking strictly about performance, the GTX 1060 3GB is better than the RX 470

Make sure to quote or tag me (@JoostinOnline) or I won't see your response!

PSU Tier List  |  The Real Reason Delidding Improves Temperatures"2K" does not mean 2560×1440 

1 minute ago, JDK319 said:

4gb 1050Ti is the best

Nope, a 470 is at least 44% faster :D

3 minutes ago, PCGuy_5960 said:

The 1060 is better I'm pretty sure, I don't need more VRAM since all I'm doing is 1080p. What I'm mostly worried about is bottlenecking. How much sense does it make to pair that GPU with that CPU, is my main question.

Also that PSU is fine I mean this system shouldn't pull more than 250W or smth and it has 80+ Bronze.

1 minute ago, Doublei7 said:

Also that PSU is fine I mean this system shouldn't pull more than 250W or smth and it has 80+ Bronze.

The wattage is plenty, but it's from some unknown company and is likely crap quality. (being 80+ bronze doesn't make the quality good)

2 minutes ago, Doublei7 said:

The 1060 is better I'm pretty sure, I don't need more VRAM since all I'm doing is 1080p. What I'm mostly worried about is bottlenecking. How much sense does it make to pair that GPU with that CPU, is my main question.

It depends a lot on the game, but a G4560 can handle a 570/1060 pretty well. And the two perform about the same now, but more vram is always better. Not to mention AMD has a track record of offering better long-term driver support. 

PSU Tier List | CoC

Spoiler

Spoiler

3 minutes ago, Doublei7 said:

How much is the RX 480 4GB? It's about on par with the 1060 3GB, but usually cheaper. 

PSU Tier List  |  The Real Reason Delidding Improves Temperatures"2K" does not mean 2560×1440 

1 minute ago, killer5247 said:

The cooler the mobo and ram are totally overkill and the case unnecessary .I'm going for maximum price to performance ratio, and my 400€ build is waaay better than this. Thanks anyways.

2 minutes ago, JoostinOnline said:

How much is the RX 480 4GB? It's about on par with the 1060 3GB, but usually cheaper. 

The cheapest RX480 i could find is 220€, which is 40 bucks more . It doesn't perform 40 bucks better tho . KFA² or GALAX cards are crazy price to performance kings.

14 minutes ago, PCGuy_5960 said:

9 minutes ago, Doublei7 said:

Except the issue with the 3GB model is that when VRAM begins to become the limitation, which it has in some titles, you'll be facing stuttering or even worse, considerable drops in average framerate.

Admittedly the issue isn't very common right now, however, it's worth noting that the issue is only going to become more widespread as games begin consuming more and more VRAM, which they have been. If you plan on owning the midrange GPU for quite some time (2 years?), you may be hurting yourself in the future by going with the lower VRAM.

If you go with a GTX 1060, 6GB should be the minimum.

if you have to insist you think for yourself, i'm not going to believe you.

I would get an RX 570. It has 1gb more VRAM. Potentially better DX12 performance and freesync support. If you go 1060 you can forget G-sync because the premium you pay for it is insane if you are budget oriented.

edit: also if you are planning to keep it for a few years, AMD drivers/graphics cards age better than nvidia.

If you want my attention, quote meh! D: or just stick an @samcool55 in your post :3

Spying on everyone to fight against terrorism is like shooting a mosquito with a cannon

Depending on the title, yes. Some had only a few FPS drop, but GTAV had a 23fps drop so it depends on the game. For the most part though it shouldn't hurt you too much. Tecxhnically a 470/570 would be a bteer pairing, but if you have the budget for a 1060 (6gb) I'd get that /480

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

25 minutes ago, Doublei7 said:

Hi fellow PC enthusiasts

I'm gonna build a budget gaming PC from scratch in Germany at a price range of  400€.

I've been looking into a Pentium G4560 + GTX 1060 setup, but I can't really decide if the 1060 is worth it because it does get a tad bottlenecked. I thought of getting the 1050Ti at first but my budget can hold more. The RX570 is also tempting but since I'm planning on getting the KFA² (GALAX) 1060 the price is the same (180€).I really can't decide what's the best way to go so I thought I would share here.

Here is a build from Geizhals.de :

https://geizhals.de/?cat=WL-795845

PS: I have a HDD

PS2: I still am not completely sure what my budget will be so this is like Alfa planning :D

Go with a 4gb AMD card, whatever is cheapest or fits best in your budget.

Here are prices for different GPUs from red and green team, to make it easier to compare:

KFA² 6GB 1060-250€ , Sapphire 4GB RX570-190€ , Sapphire 8GB RX570-250€ , Gigabyte 4GB RX580-225€ , MSI 8GB RX580-250€.

All of these cards are the cheapest possible with that much RAM on www.mindfactory.de .

1 hour ago, Suika said:

Except the issue with the 3GB model is that when VRAM begins to become the limitation, which it has in some titles, you'll be facing stuttering or even worse, considerable drops in average framerate.

Admittedly the issue isn't very common right now, however, it's worth noting that the issue is only going to become more widespread as games begin consuming more and more VRAM, which they have been. If you plan on owning the midrange GPU for quite some time (2 years?), you may be hurting yourself in the future by going with the lower VRAM.

If you go with a GTX 1060, 6GB should be the minimum.

The problem with these tests is that they don't run at levels you'd be playing anyway.  The 6GB has trouble during parts of the benchmark too.  If you're playing at settings where the 6GB version wouldn't be hampered at all, then the 3GB one works just fine.

The 6GB one is undoubtedly better, but you don't NEED 4GB+ for 1080p gaming.

1 minute ago, JoostinOnline said:

The problem with these tests is that they don't run at levels you'd be playing anyway.  The 6GB has trouble during parts of the benchmark too.  If you're playing at settings where the 6GB version wouldn't be hampered at all, then the 3GB one works just fine.

The 6GB one is undoubtedly better, but you don't NEED 4GB+ for 1080p gaming.

Man this is giving me a headache... anyways I decided on the RX580 8GB since it's cheaper and mostly better. But,as I mentioned in my first post this isn't final at all because my budget is still very unclear. The higher I push the budget for the GPU the more the G4560 bottlenecks, so then I need to balance things and push the budget even higher... I don't have any peripherals or desk either so I'm going to need those too. Still learned couple things again today. Thanks everyone. 

Just now, Doublei7 said:

Man this is giving me a headache... anyways I decided on the RX580 8GB since it's cheaper and mostly better. But,as I mentioned in my first post this isn't final at all because my budget is still very unclear. The higher I push the budget for the GPU the more the G4560 bottlenecks, so then I need to balance things and push the budget even higher... I don't have any peripherals or desk either so I'm going to need those too. Still learned couple things again today. Thanks everyone. 

Very good choice.  You can always upgrade the CPU in a couple years.

If possible, you should consider getting some peripherals at a thrift store to save money. I'm a computer technician and whenever I or a customer need something like that, I just run down the the nearest thrift store and buy a decent keyboard/mouse/monitor for a few bucks. 

3 minutes ago, Doublei7 said:

Now that I'm thinking, if my budget is relatively limited to smth like 450 total, what I'm going to do is just get a wireless mouse and keyboard with the current setup (RX580 8GB+G4560) and connect it to my TV temporarily.