My head is gonna blow up...

2 minutes ago, JoostinOnline said:

Very good choice.  You can always upgrade the CPU in a couple years.

If possible, you should consider getting some peripherals at a thrift store to save money. I'm a computer technician and whenever I or a customer need something like that, I just run down the the nearest thrift store and buy a decent keyboard/mouse/monitor for a few bucks. 

With thrift store u mean used stuff?

Just now, JoostinOnline said:

Yes. People give away really nice stuff. 

Honestly I'd rather deal with cheap stuff from Amazon for a while since there isn't any thrift stores where I live apparently (except for a clothing one) and I don't really know the language since I'm still in the process of moving here really... Thanks for the advice tho.

1 hour ago, JoostinOnline said:

The problem with these tests is that they don't run at levels you'd be playing anyway.  The 6GB has trouble during parts of the benchmark too.  If you're playing at settings where the 6GB version wouldn't be hampered at all, then the 3GB one works just fine.

The 6GB one is undoubtedly better, but you don't NEED 4GB+ for 1080p gaming.

Which is where the "admittedly" part comes in. You won't see the issue now, but 2 years from now, you may, and likely will have to keep settings like textures or MSAA low or disabled.

if you have to insist you think for yourself, i'm not going to believe you.

2 minutes ago, Suika said:

Which is where the "admittedly" part comes in. You won't see the issue now, but 2 years from now, you may, and likely will have to keep settings like textures or MSAA low or disabled.

Up to this point I've lived with a GT210. I'm used to playing games at lowest possible settings. And it's well known that "future proofing" ain't a thing, especially at low budgets. So that's fine ?. 

6 minutes ago, Doublei7 said:

Up to this point I've lived with a GT210. I'm used to playing games at lowest possible settings. And it's well known that "future proofing" ain't a thing, especially at low budgets. So that's fine ?. 

Paying extra to future proof is bad.

Paying a similar amount to future proof is good. 

PSU Tier List | CoC

Gaming Build | FreeNAS Server

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

3 hours ago, Suika said:

Not really. There is a reason that overall power increases at a higher rate than VRAM . In 2 years, you'll have to turn down settings on both cards because they won't be able to handle anything on Ultra. You can have all the VRAM in the world and it won't make your card be relevant much longer. 

Make sure to quote or tag me (@JoostinOnline) or I won't see your response!

PSU Tier List  |  The Real Reason Delidding Improves Temperatures"2K" does not mean 2560×1440 

6 minutes ago, JoostinOnline said:

Not really. There is a reason that overall power increases at a higher rate than VRAM . In 2 years, you'll have to turn down settings on both cards because they won't be able to handle anything on Ultra. You can have all the VRAM in the world and it won't make your card be relevant much longer. 

You say that, but I've found myself VRAM limited a few times on my GTX780.

PSU Tier List | CoC

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

7 minutes ago, djdwosk97 said:

You say that, but I've found myself VRAM limited a few times on my GTX780.

Your VRAM filling up isn't the end of the world.  Some of the files just get compressed/uncompressed as necessary.  I had a GTX 750 Ti 2GB until a month ago, and I always used the highest or second highest texture setting.  I had to lower other options because it just wasn't a very strong card, but even with 2GB, the game engine made it work.

PSU Tier List  |  The Real Reason Delidding Improves Temperatures"2K" does not mean 2560×1440 

3 minutes ago, JoostinOnline said:

Your VRAM filling up isn't the end of the world.  Some of the files just get compressed/uncompressed as necessary.  I had a GTX 750 Ti 2GB until a month ago, and I always used the highest or second highest texture setting.  I had to lower other options because it just wasn't a very strong card, but even with 2GB, the game engine made it work.

No, as in I have enough GPU power but the game becomes a stuttery mess when I turn on some settings as it pushes me over 3gb of VRAM. 

PSU Tier List | CoC

Spoiler

Spoiler

34 minutes ago, djdwosk97 said:

No, as in I have enough GPU power but the game becomes a stuttery mess when I turn on some settings as it pushes me over 3gb of VRAM. 

I seriously doubt it's the VRAM.  It doesn't matter that it's full, performance hits there can be negligible.  Trying to run modern games on a 780, no matter the VRAM, seems like a failed endeavor.

1 minute ago, JoostinOnline said:

I seriously doubt it's the VRAM.  It doesn't matter that it's full, performance hits there can be negligible.  Trying to run modern games on a 780, no matter the VRAM, seems like a failed endeavor.

You can doubt it all you want, that doesn't make it any less true. And you're right, VRAM being full isn't inherently bad -- it is however bad when everything that's in VRAM is actually required and isn't just pre-fetch data. 

And a 780 is still more than capable of handling modern titles. 

PSU Tier List | CoC

Spoiler

Spoiler

Just now, djdwosk97 said:

You can doubt it all you want, that doesn't make it any less true. And you're right, VRAM being full isn't inherently bad -- it is however bad when everything that's in VRAM is actually required and isn't just pre-fetch data. 

Well I can tell you from experience that the 1060 3GB version runs games fine.  Even Mass Effect Andromeda runs 1080p on Ultra.

1 minute ago, JoostinOnline said:

Well I can tell you from experience that the 1060 3GB version runs games fine.  Even Mass Effect Andromeda runs 1080p on Ultra.

Pascal also has faster memory with better memory compression than Kepler, and it's not an issue in all games, just some, but the fact remains that I would have benefited from buying the 6gb 780 (not enough to warrant the cost, but good thing the 570 is similarly priced to the 1060 3gb). 

PSU Tier List | CoC

Spoiler

Spoiler