what is the worst thing you ever did to yourself(physical or emotionally)?

coen113

I used to bite my tongue and or lips to  try and get them to bleed.

Not technically self-harm but I often cut out an ingrown toenail by myself.

Also I almost decided to cut my throat with a sword a few years back. I'm glad I decided not to.

Also I almost decided to cut my throat with a sword a few years back. I'm glad I decided not to.

why would you cut out ingrown toenails by yourself?

Intel 3570k 3,4@4,5 1,12v Scythe Mugen 3 gigabyte 770     MSi z77a GD55    corsair vengeance 8 gb  corsair CX600M Bitfenix Outlaw 4 casefans

I have a history of cutting. A lot of the times I punch a wall when i'm angry and I end up with really bad bruises on my hands.

Emotionally, perhaps drinking. 

Took some effort to admit. :P 

Case-NZXT H440 | Motherboard-Gigabyte Z77X-UD3H | RAM-Kingston HyperX Blue 2x8GB 1600MHz | CPU-Intel 3770K @ 4.3GHz at 1.215v | Heatsink-Coolermaster Hyper212 Evo | GPU-EVGA GTX660 SC | SSD-MX200 250GB | HDD-Seagate Barracuda 3TB | PSU-EVGA GS650

Mouse-Logitech G600 | Keyboard-Ducky Shine 3 MX Blue. white backlight | Headphones-Audiotechnica ATH-M50s. Beyerdynamic DT990

Physical or emotional self-harm?

Getting completely shit-faced, forgetting half of the night, regretting it in the morning.

Then I did it again.

And again.

And again.

And again.

It usually starts with "Ok, I'm not getting drunk today" and ends up with "I'm already drunk, might as well get shit-faced now".

It does make for some good stories. Not my stories, as I don't remember it, but it's always fun to hear people describe events that you do not remember. You laugh at yourself yet it seems like you're laughing at another person.

why would you cut out ingrown toenails by yourself?

Cause I cant be bothered to go to the podiatrist :D

I do exactly the same thing. I just grab my knife and cut it. I didn't even know what an ingrown nail was the first time I did it. I just had a problem, and the solution was pretty clear to me.

I undertook too much work this semester and because of it I had usually one meal a day for 2-3 months. im not sure what my weight is down to but it is enough to go down a size. 

CM Storm Switch Tester MOD (In-Progress) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/409147-cm-storm-switch-tester-macro-mod/

Ammo Can Speaker 02 (Completed) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/283826-ammo-can-speakers-02/       A/B Switch V 0.5 (Completed) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/362417-ab-switch-v0

Build 01 - The Life of a Prodigy -  http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/13103-build-01-the-life-of-a-prodigy/             Build 02 - Silent Server 3000 - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/116670-build-02-silent-server-3000/

A pinch here or there to remind myself I'm human

CPU i7 970 |  COOLER: Cooler Master Hyper N520 | Ram: 12GB DDR3 1333 GPU: GTX 560Ti | Mobo: EVGA Classified 3 | Case: Cooler Master HAF 922 | Boot Drive: 120GB OCZ Vertex | Games Drive: 2TB WD Green | OS: Windows 7 | Monitors: 40in Samsung LN40A650, 2x 24in Samsung T240HD

Yes, yes we're happy you're here :)!

CPU i7 970 |  COOLER: Cooler Master Hyper N520 | Ram: 12GB DDR3 1333 GPU: GTX 560Ti | Mobo: EVGA Classified 3 | Case: Cooler Master HAF 922 | Boot Drive: 120GB OCZ Vertex | Games Drive: 2TB WD Green | OS: Windows 7 | Monitors: 40in Samsung LN40A650, 2x 24in Samsung T240HD

The worst thing I've ever done is not ask the girl out that I liked (and she liked me back) before she got swept up my some colossal douchebag who doesn't deserve her.

I'm actually serious.

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

The worst thing I've ever done is not ask the girl out that I liked (and she liked me back) before she got swept up my some colossal douchebag who doesn't deserve her.

I'm actually serious.

β

The worst I have ever done to myself is buy Windows Vista... I will regret that to the end of my days.

I+regret+this_2ff304_3516096.jpg

No, the worse thing that I have done to myself intentionally (kinda) is fracture finger bones. I was trapped in room, no one gonna be around for days, phone not on me, the door was too damn thick, there was a window about the height of my chest, there is no glass, blocked by panels of wood nailed from the outside, bunched them until they broke, got out, went to the hospital. 

I ripped a muscle and pulled a tendon in the right side of my groin :) probs the 2nd most painful thing I've had.

CPU: 3930k  @ stock                                  RAM: 32GB RipjawsZ @ 2133Mhz       Cooling: Custom Loop
MOBO: AsRock x79 Extreme9                      SSD: 240GB Vertex 3 (OS)                     Case: HAF XB                     LG 34um95 + Ergotron MX Arm Mount - Dual Review
  GPUs: Gigabyte GTX 670 SLI                     HDD: 1TB WD Black                                PSU: Corsair AX 860                               Beyerdynamic - Custom One Pro Review

Hehe just a month ago was my 3rd time i had an ingrown nail(stupid me kept on cutting them round and not sraight). In less than half a month I cured it with a special stick the doc gave me and some salve.

Specs of my PC:

CPU: AMD FX 8350  Motherboard: Gigabyte 990XA UD3  GPU: Gigabyte GTX 770 Windforce 2GB  HDD: WD Green 2TB SSD:  Corsair Force GT 120GB SSD RAM: Corsair 8GB(2X4) PSU: CoolerMaster G650M

Injured my left knee to the point where long running (also football and such [soccer in Murican]) can be VERY bad. From good side its a good excuse to not go to those dumb clubs with drunk bitches shaking their asses...

Wasnt intended though.

I didn't want to go to church so I kicked my foot into a pool table... Went to the emergency room... 2 months in a chair.... only recovering 3 months later... Lawl 

I would start singing backwards in Church and shake like possessed by a demon. That would make you "not welcome" in the house of god. You are no fun...

<p>Eryi's Action Rule#2 - "Dont jump on the green mushroom"

Ministry of StopIt!

I didn't want to go to church so I kicked my foot into a pool table... Went to the emergency room... 2 months in a chair.... only recovering 3 months later... Lawl 

lol

Specs of my PC:

CPU: AMD FX 8350  Motherboard: Gigabyte 990XA UD3  GPU: Gigabyte GTX 770 Windforce 2GB  HDD: WD Green 2TB SSD:  Corsair Force GT 120GB SSD RAM: Corsair 8GB(2X4) PSU: CoolerMaster G650M

Injured my left knee to the point where long running (also football and such [soccer in Murican]) can be VERY bad. From good side its a good excuse to not go to those dumb clubs with drunk bitches shaking their asses...

Wasnt intended though.

I would start singing backwards in Church and shake like possessed by a demon. That would make you "not welcome" in the house of god. You are no fun...

I was 12. I didn't care about fun. Or anything. 

I've never intentionally hurt myself. I've done a lot of stupid stuff knowing I could get hurt like sledging down black runs on skiing trips, but hey, sometimes danger is half the thrill. It was indeed a ton of fun.

Wasnt intended though.

or call everybody there betrayers of christ and turn around all the crosses

Intel 3570k 3,4@4,5 1,12v Scythe Mugen 3 gigabyte 770     MSi z77a GD55    corsair vengeance 8 gb  corsair CX600M Bitfenix Outlaw 4 casefans

some of you might have misunderstood, or that is really the worst thing that you did.

I don't know if you meant my post, but smoking is one of the worst things you can possibly do to yourself. It completely ruins the way you live your life, it slowly ruins your health and it usually ends with a slow and painful death.

I don't know if you meant my post, but smoking is one of the worst things you can possibly do to yourself. It completely ruins the way you live your life, it slowly ruins your health and it usually ends with a slow and painful death.

atleast its still better then heroin.

β

You took the words right out of my mouth. Or fingers in this case. Something.

Anyway, it's always better to make a fool out of yourself ans asking her out than just keeping silent. Always.