HCT One 2 spec... 3Gb of ram... 5.2" screen...

Froger96

http://www.pc-tablet.com/30206-htc-one-2-m8-specs-release-date-rumored-early-2014/

A friend showed me this... What do we all think... I'm not sure how accurate this is with the specs... But if I it is accurate... Then I think it is getting a bit out of hand with the ram... Its become more of a spec to show off for people, that dont know... In my opinion... I dont see there being use for more than 2Gb of ram now... Or in the near future...

As for the screen size... I feel that 5.2" and similar with 5" on the nexus... I feel phones are turning into tablets almost... And personally. I dont like that... Phones should be compact...

But... I Havnt seen spec being posted on other pages... So I'm not sure how true they are...

Some more reading and rumours: http://www.stuff.tv/htc/htc-one-2/review

Err bigger screen and LinusTech is going to be happy

# -_-     [Planned RIg AKA Project ARES    -_-#

| AMD FX-8350 4.0GHz 8-Core | Be Quiet DARK ROCK 2 57.9 CFM Fluid Dynamic Bearing | Asus Crosshair V Formula-Z  |G.Skill Ripjaws X 8GB Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM |Samsung 840 Series 250GB 2.5" SSD | Sapphire Radeon HD 7970 3GB  |Fractal Design Define R4 w/Window (Black Pearl) ATX Mid Tower|Gelid Solutions Silent 14 PWM 74.5 CFM 140mm x3 |Corsair RM Series 750 Watt ATX/EPS 80PLUS Gold-Certified Power Supply|

|Rosewill RNX-N250PCe | Windows 8  | Acer H236HLbid 23.0" |Corsair Vengeance K70 
Corsair Vengeance M65 Wired Laser | STEELSERIES QCK Black|Sennheiser HD 558Asus DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS DVD/CD Writer         

I thought HTC pulled out of the high end smart phone market?

I read it somewhere, let me find a link.

Desktop: Intel i5-3570K (stock) | Asus Sabertooth Z77 | G.Skill RipJaw 16GB 1600MHz | Samsung 840 120GB | EVGA GTX 680 SC+ 2GB | Fractal Design R4 | Windows 8 Pro (soon to have dual boot Mac OS X)

Retina Macbook Pro : Intel i7-3840QM | 16GB 1600 MHz | 256GB SSD | Nvidia GT 650M 1GB | Mac OS X 10.8.5

I want.

There are 10 types of people in this world, those who understand binary, and those who don't.

http://www.pc-tablet.com/30206-htc-one-2-m8-specs-release-date-rumored-early-2014/

A friend showed me this... What do we all think... I'm not sure how accurate this is with the specs... But if I it is accurate... Then I think it is getting a bit out of hand with the ram... Its become more of a spec to show off for people, that dont know... In my opinion... I dont see there being use for more than 2Gb of ram now... Or in the near future...

As for the screen size... I feel that 5.2" and similar with 5" on the nexus... I feel phones are turning into tablets almost... And personally. I dont like that... Phones should be compact...

But... I Havnt seen spec being posted on other pages... So I'm not sure how true they are...

Some more reading and rumours: http://www.stuff.tv/htc/htc-one-2/review

these phones still feel alot less bulky in your pocket. and imo thats all the really mattered. myhtc one was less intrusive than my old motorola krzr. and that thing was tiny

Next gen phone the HTC One 8.03 MidtenCat

Please become a member of the Linus Tech Tips forum, keep writing smug remarks & let us love you. Peace out.

<| Project M13 & Silverstream. Other DIY projects |>

these phones still feel alot less bulky in your pocket. and imo thats all the really mattered. myhtc one was less intrusive than my old motorola krzr. and that thing was tiny

I'm kinda talking about when It is in your hand though... Having to move the phone so much in your hand to reach from the top to the bottom... For media use... Yes... Its good... But for quick. One handed use. For like a quick reply... Larger phones can be a problem... I feel that the tablet and android sizes are coming to close...

Oh... I remember when phones screens were about 1" big... Those were the days ;)

Why would HTC be pulling out... I thought hct was one of the bigger company's in the phone market... They only came in the market with touch screen phones... But rose to the top pretty quick...

the hyc one has been their most successful product in a very long time. why would they back out? its probably some analyst article meant to stir crap up

If they go for a screen that big then they need to seriously reduce their bezels because the HTC One is already pretty big for a 4.7" phone, especially when compared to devices like the Moto X or Nexus 5.

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/72940-htc-is-leaving-the-high-end-smartphone-market/#entry999593

I'm a little skeptical. It just looks like a htc one china version(with removable back for dual sims) with a drilled part at the top.

5.2" screen and 6" phone...

HTC did announce they'd abandon the high end market.

144Hz goodness

the hyc one has been their most successful product in a very long time. why would they back out? its probably some analyst article meant to stir crap up

The HTC One wasn't even as high end as it could get when it was released. HTC "cheaped out" on the SoC and picked the second best part instead of the best one (the one used in the Galaxy S 4).

I wish HTC (and especially Samsung) would tone down the heavy skinning and bloated apps. If they make an improvement to some app then great, do that, but don't release your own versions of apps while keeping the other app on the phone. I don't want 2 music players, 2 calenders, 2 app stores, two voice search apps, two translation apps etc. Motorola finally got the right idea and I hope Samsung and HTC follows in their footsteps (highly doubt Samsung will though).

Anyway about the M8 I think it sounds nice. 3GB of RAM is useful when driving higher resolution displays because you can give the GPU more RAM. That's one of the reasons why the Note 3 performs better than devices with similar specs but lower RAM. No "ultrapixel" camera is a shame. 4MP is a bit too low for high light situations but if they reduced the pixel size slightly, and bumped up the sensor slightly they could probably make it 5MP at 1.9µm or something along those lines, which would be really nice.

Not so sure about the SoC the rumors says either. Snapdragon 800 is good now, but when will this be launched? If they are planning to release it 1 year after the HTC One then we are 4 months away. Samsung are working on their own architecture (which will include 64bit support so it is probably based on Cortex A53 and A57) and judging by the numbers and goals posted by ARM, those chips will run circles around the Snapdragon 400. The HTC One 2 might be outdated by the time it is released if they don't hurry.

HTC One 2 is a mouthful to say. how about the HTC Two?

Daily Driver:

Case: Red Prodigy CPU: i5 3570K @ 4.3 GHZ GPU: Powercolor PCS+ 290x @1100 mhz MOBO: Asus P8Z77-I CPU Cooler: NZXT x40 RAM: 8GB 2133mhz AMD Gamer series Storage: A 1TB WD Blue, a 500GB WD Blue, a Samsung 840 EVO 250GB

Ah, HTC pulling the old One-Two, eh?

Looks great, but I hope the name is just a working title.

CPUIntel i7 4770k @3.5 GHz | Motherboard: ASRock Z87 Extreme4 | GPU: eVGA GTX 780 SC w/Titan Cooler | Storage: 2x Corsair Force 3 120GB, 1x Seagate Barracuda 7200RPM 1TB 3.5" HDD | RAM: 2x4GB Crucial Ballistix Sport DDR3-1600, 2x4GB Kingston Blu Red DDR3-1600 | PSU: Corsair GS600 80+ Bronze | Case: Fractal Design Define R4 | Displays: BenQ XL2420TE 24" 144Hz, Dell SR2220L 21.5", LG E2241 21.5" | Keyboard: AZiO Levetron Mech5 MX Blacks | Mouse: Razer Naga 2014 | Audio: Audio-Technica ATH-M50, Samson C01U USB Condenser, RØDE PSA1 Scissor Boom, Akai MPK25 MIDI Controller | Phone: Google Nexus 5 16GB 4.4.2 | Desk: IKEA LINNMON+ADILS | Guitars: Teisco VN-4, Teisco EP93-T

I'll sell my One for this day 1 if I can, I actually have upgrade eligibility I think, I bought my One with cash no-contract :o

100th post yay :D

In the Article there, its said ...

The body of this new flagship phone is reported to have 2 holes at the back. There are rumours that there might be space for a second camera too which will be able to take in 3D images too. 

Really ? Who do hell needs that.. It will just look little bit 3d.. and it wil cost twice that much ... ( 2x 8 mpx camera of what the hell they decide to put there ? omg)

In the Article there, its said ...

The body of this new flagship phone is reported to have 2 holes at the back. There are rumours that there might be space for a second camera too which will be able to take in 3D images too. 
Really ? Who do hell needs that.. It will just look little bit 3d.. and it wil cost twice that much ... ( 2x 8 mpx camera of what the hell they decide to put there ? omg)
I think that is meant as a gimpic to sell it... Along with the 3Gb of ram which won't be fully used yet... As there isnt much that would be pushing the ram that far... In the way of apps...