Why does RAZER get a bad rep?

DaveKerk
35 minutes ago, KenjiUmino said:

maybe the death adder simply isn't made for you to begin with. maybe try something smaller.

i gotta agree that it is huge ... it's not a mouse, it's a rat or maybe even a beaver but i had no problems with its shape and size.

it beeing huge isnt the only problem i see with it either, the build feels cheap and the sensor is pretty bad compared to what i have in my G502.

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

2 hours ago, Princess Cadence said:

-snip-

Well yeah that is true, but they do make thin laptops and they are apparently good enough for "Gamers". Theres a brand for the fruit status and there is a brand for the gamer craze too xD. But thank the gods at least Razer isnt working on their own operating system, because were it to be as bugged and glitchy as their software it would be a nightmare to use or pretty much unusable. And true, features and software that are really good for creative professionals is available on Macbooks and its something that probably wont change at all.

But hey, real is still pretty weak xD and so is the canadian dollar. I always see brazilian people complaining on youtube channels on how the politicians steal all their attempts of aquiring a certain product like a smartphone or pc or how they would have to sell their own sisters and kidneys to afford the crazy LG OLED tvs xD.

By the way, you wouldnt happen to be part of the rothschild family and confirm the existance of Illuminati, would you?

Groomlake Authority

Quality is an issue. A couple of times their sticks have malfunctioned during tournaments.

Intel® Core™ i7-12700 | GIGABYTE B660 AORUS MASTER DDR4 | Gigabyte Radeon™ RX 6650 XT Gaming OC | 32GB Corsair Vengeance® RGB Pro SL DDR4 | Samsung 990 Pro 1TB | WD Green 1.5TB | Windows 11 Pro | NZXT H510 Flow White
Sony MDR-V250 | GNT-500 | Logitech G610 Orion Brown | Logitech G402 | Samsung C27JG5 | ASUS ProArt PA238QR
iPhone 12 Mini (iOS 17.2.1) | iPhone XR (iOS 17.2.1) | iPad Mini (iOS 9.3.5) | KZ AZ09 Pro x KZ ZSN Pro X | Sennheiser HD450bt
Intel® Core™ i7-1265U | Kioxia KBG50ZNV512G | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Enterprise | HP EliteBook 650 G9
Intel® Core™ i5-8520U | WD Blue M.2 250GB | 1TB Seagate FireCuda | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Home | ASUS Vivobook 15 
Intel® Core™ i7-3520M | GT 630M | 16 GB Corsair Vengeance® DDR3 |
Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | macOS Catalina | Lenovo IdeaPad P580

their stuff costs too much and breaks 

Intel 4670K /w TT water 2.0 performer, GTX 1070FE, Gigabyte Z87X-DH3, Corsair HX750, 16GB Mushkin 1333mhz, Fractal R4 Windowed, Varmilo mint TKL, Logitech m310, HP Pavilion 23bw, Logitech 2.1 Speakers

For me it's their pricing coupled with their hit and miss build quality. Some of their products are really really good and have no issues with longevity, others fail within a 1-3 year window.

This would be acceptable if they where say 30% cheaper like many of their rivals, but for the price they demand I expect consistently high build qualities.

That being said my last few long term mice have been razer, personally for mice I think they are the best, the rest of their product lines are fairly mediocre though.

PC:

Monolith(Laptop): CPU: i7 5700HQ GPU: GTX 980M 8GB RAM: 2x8GB 1600MHz Storage: 2x128GB Samsung 850 EVO(Raid 0) + 1TB HGST 7200RPM Model: Gigabyte P35XV4 Mouse: Razer Orochi Headset: Turtle Beach Stealth 450

IoT:

Router: Netgear D7000 Nighthawk

NAS: Synology DS218j, 2x 4TB Seagate Ironwolf

Media Accelerator: Nvidia Shield via Plex

Phone: Sony Xperia X Compact

20 hours ago, Technicolors said:

i'm curious how all of those razer blades Linus gave away are doing so far.. because that's a lot of laptops

Well since you're curious, mine personally has a slight squeak in one of the fans, for some reason has a tendency to turn on while closed in my backpack, the bottom panel screws seem to come loose regardless of the thread locker I put on them, and it runs REALLY hot during games (expected for such a thin laptop with so much power) but doesn't throttle that's for sure. Other than that it's really solid though.

widget.png?style=banner2

PC: 13900K, 32GB Trident Z5, AORUS 7900 XTX, 2TB SN850X, 1TB MP600, Win 11

NAS: Xeon W-2195, 64GB ECC, 180TB Storage, 1660 Ti, TrueNAS Scale

20 hours ago, nobiggieBIG said:

- Laptops are basically Macbooks with windows installed.

If they sold a machine with a 960M for the price they sell their current models at, I would agree.  Macbooks don't have desktop-grade GPUs in them like the Blade.

3 minutes ago, lilbman said:

If they sold a machine with a 960M for the price they sell their current models at, I would agree.  Macbooks don't have desktop-grade GPUs in them like the Blade.

Pro 460 is the entire Polaris 11 silicon with all the cores unlocked, it's as fast as a 1050Ti laptop card

idk

20 hours ago, Technicolors said:

i'm curious how all of those razer blades Linus gave away are doing so far.. because that's a lot of laptops

He probably gets special QC ones that are personally checked to be perfect.  They wouldn't want someone like Linus who has RAZER's primary market watching him to be complaining about their products.

14 minutes ago, jakkuh_t said:

Well since you're curious, mine personally has a slight squeak in one of the fans, for some reason has a tendency to turn on while closed in my backpack, the bottom panel screws seem to come loose regardless of the thread locker I put on them, and it runs REALLY hot during games (expected for such a thin laptop with so much power) but doesn't throttle that's for sure. Other than that it's really solid though.

The screw thing is strange, since after removal of the bottom cover your warranty is void.. better take advantage of the fact that it is and repaste it with Liquid Metal for some less temps haha

idk

19 hours ago, AuraDesru said:

I've never seen a 10 dollar mouse ever pull off as good performance as a DeathAdder. I actually think the DeathAdder is fairly priced for a decent mouse at 35-50 dollars.  However, Mamba TE and rehashed chroma versions with the Phillip twin eye sensor I believe are overpriced.

This is true, most mice around $10 include either office mouse sensors or 3050, which isn't great

However, S3988 on DA Chroma isn't the best sensor in the world, and there's better value to be had in 3360 or 3366 based mice. 

All their laser-based mice are really, really shite. I've heard DA Elite is quite good, maybe worth a try?

idk

2 minutes ago, Droidbot said:

The screw thing is strange, since after removal of the bottom cover your warranty is void.. better take advantage of the fact that it is and repaste it with Liquid Metal for some less temps haha

https://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/15/chapter-50

https://www.extremetech.com/gaming/233120-microsoft-sony-and-other-manufacturers-still-use-illegal-warranty-void-if-removed-stickers

https://motherboard.vice.com/en_us/article/warranty-void-if-removed-stickers-are-illegal

widget.png?style=banner2

21 hours ago, DaveKerk said:

Why does RAZER get such a bad reputation? If you dislike them please tell me if it's an actual reason or you're just going with the flow. I for one have had their products for years and have only had one issue (which could have been my fault) and it was fixed swiftly.

I have one of their keyboards, Blackwidow with Razer Greens, I like them a little more than Blues, but it cost a bit more and for what I'd say is a slightly lesser quality switch, but I still prefer them. I think it's mostly Fanboyism and fanboy bashing. 

Yours faithfully

13 minutes ago, Droidbot said:

Pro 460 is the entire Polaris 11 silicon with all the cores unlocked, it's as fast as a 1050Ti laptop card

1050Ti laptop consistently scores higher.

Top is 1050Ti

Bottom is Pro 460
bio.PNG.b0c3bcc1793c5784c5475780b0f8fe07.PNG

1050 ti.PNG

pro 460.PNG

2 minutes ago, jakkuh_t said:

Hm, thanks for the reading. I wouldn't trust Vice's Motherboard, since they're the outlet that said that building a PC was hard and took 6+ hours and to just buy a prebuilt or Apple instead, but the others are reputable. Razer upholds it's 'Warranty Is Void Once Opened' as end users won't litigate against them to fight it and just deal with it instead. 

Just like MS, Sony, Apple, and even GPU manufacturers have done for years. 

idk

1 minute ago, lilbman said:

-snip-

While it's not as fast, it's still a 'desktop-class' card all the same 

Since the 460 is part of AMD's current flagship desktop chips 

idk

2 minutes ago, Droidbot said:

While it's not as fast, it's still a 'desktop-class' card all the same 

Since the 460 is part of AMD's current flagship desktop chips 

So, you're saying that the desktop 460 is as fast as the desktop 1050Ti?  NVIDIA's Pascal is basically full desktop GPU's inside of laptops.  AMD isn't nearly as efficient as NVIDIA-look at the Fury X compared to the 1070.  It's significantly faster, but doesn't need to be water cooled.

2 minutes ago, lilbman said:

So, you're saying that the desktop 460 is as fast as the desktop 1050Ti?  NVIDIA's Pascal is basically full desktop GPU's inside of laptops.  AMD isn't nearly as efficient as NVIDIA-look at the Fury X compared to the 1070.  It's significantly faster, but doesn't need to be water cooled.

They aren't the same as desktop chips. They consume less power as to meet with the laptops power supply ability. 

http://gpu.userbenchmark.com/Compare/Nvidia-GTX-1060-Mobile-vs-Nvidia-GTX-1060-6GB/m164336vs3639

widget.png?style=banner2

no, I'm not, I'm just saying that the 460 is still 'desktop class' - it's not on the same calibre as the 1050Ti, or even the normal 1050, but it's still a desktop chip. 

And AMD has done the same, look at the 470M and 460M, they're desktop chips in laptops

And yet the FuryX is quite a bit older, and based on a less efficient architecture.. 

Polaris10 for example is AS fast as a comparable card (1060 vs 480) and as efficient. 

idk

They're just as fast as them, if not very slightly slower.

nope.

widget.png?style=banner2

1 minute ago, Droidbot said:

no, I'm not, I'm just saying that the 460 is still 'desktop class' - it's not on the same calibre as the 1050Ti, or even the normal 1050, but it's still a desktop chip. 

And AMD has done the same, look at the 470M and 460M, they're desktop chips in laptops

And yet the FuryX is quite a bit older, and based on a less efficient architecture.. 

Polaris10 for example is AS fast as a comparable card (1060 vs 480) and as efficient. 

First, you said the Pro 460 was as fast as the 1050Ti.

I agree, the RX 460 and 470 are full desktop chips-but Polaris as a whole isn't as efficient as Pascal, especially on the mobile side.  I think the Senior Editor of PCWorld would agree.  RX 480 is as fast as a 1060, but I don't think it's as efficient, as shown by the below graph.rekt.PNG.d63e0d65031b0bb847094f156c253d69.PNG58e1b6e37c5fd_rekt11.PNG.cb50a1779f95ebaf51b5d136a51187d8.PNG

5 minutes ago, jakkuh_t said:

nope.

58e1b77236de2_rekt111.PNG.6d9309ff5a7297ba7bec605c596bb1b3.PNGY

Yep.

Just now, lilbman said:

Yep.

Theres only like 1 video comparing them but its more thna a few percent difference in many games. I have a laptop with a mobile 1060, and have benchmarked a regular 1060.

widget.png?style=banner2

2 minutes ago, lilbman said:

Yep.

Where did you get this from? WCFTECH??