Why does RAZER get a bad rep?

DaveKerk
1 minute ago, jakkuh_t said:

Theres only like 1 video comparing them but its more thna a few percent difference in many games. I have a laptop with a mobile 1060, and have benchmarked a regular 1060.

If you can show me benchmarks that prove your point, I'll admit I'm wrong.

Until then, I stand by my argument.

Just now, lilbman said:

Just now, lilbman said:

http://gpu.userbenchmark.com/Compare/Nvidia-GTX-1060-6GB-vs-Nvidia-GTX-1060-Mobile/3639vsm164336

widget.png?style=banner2

PC: 13900K, 32GB Trident Z5, AORUS 7900 XTX, 2TB SN850X, 1TB MP600, Win 11

NAS: Xeon W-2195, 64GB ECC, 180TB Storage, 1660 Ti, TrueNAS Scale

9 minutes ago, jakkuh_t said:

snip

10 minutes ago, deXxterlab97 said:

snip

58e1bbd95789c_rekt3.PNG.c8dc3a8db742f0594b8a8e43ea65958c.PNG58e1bb7c7c45a_rekt2.PNG.9279ef9bf6473b7eb802bc1f49b782e5.PNG58e1bb90b34cd_rekt4.PNG.9e46670ac3f4f4265a2036b75dd55c55.PNGI said that it was a very small difference, and you proved my case.  Thanks for the help!

Just now, lilbman said:

58e1bbd95789c_rekt3.PNG.c8dc3a8db742f0594b8a8e43ea65958c.PNG58e1bb7c7c45a_rekt2.PNG.9279ef9bf6473b7eb802bc1f49b782e5.PNG58e1bb90b34cd_rekt4.PNG.9e46670ac3f4f4265a2036b75dd55c55.PNGI said that it was a very small difference, and you proved my case.  Thanks for the help!

Is that at 4K? Who the hell uses a GTX 1060 at 4K. Don't cut off the important bit please

7 minutes ago, deXxterlab97 said:

Is that at 4K? Who the hell uses a GTX 1060 at 4K. Don't cut off the important bit please

I use a 1060 at 4k xD, only at the office.  At home I use two 1080Tis.

Just checked the video, there's only a 10 FPS difference @ 1080p.  Still small.

2 minutes ago, lilbman said:

So now do the math. Your few percent difference now becomes almost 10-20%. 

15 minutes ago, lilbman said:

You cherry pick chose the ones that had the smallest difference. >_<

12 minutes ago, deXxterlab97 said:

So now do the math. Your few percent difference now becomes almost 10-20%. 

^

widget.png?style=banner2

33 minutes ago, lilbman said:

UserBenchmark?

Do you know how wrong they get their stuff? Last time I used it, it said a 9800GT+ had a higher 3DMark score than a 1080Ti.

Seems legit.

rEhOvvr.png

widget.png?style=banner2

49 minutes ago, lilbman said:

UserBenchmark?

Do you know how wrong they get their stuff? Last time I used it, it said a 9800GT+ had a higher 3DMark score than a 1080Ti.

Yes. Thanks. Everybody knows that usebenchmark doesn't measure 3DMark and 3DMark is a tool not a benchmark. There are 3DMark Timespy. 3DMark FireStrike...

The more you argue the more you are wrong. Admit that you are wrong

17 minutes ago, jakkuh_t said:

Seems legit.

rEhOvvr.png

But but 9800 > 1080

lol /s

10 hours ago, jakkuh_t said:

Seems legit.

rEhOvvr.png

The 9800GT is so good that they can't measure the performance of that interdimensional age technology, kappa.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

And look what I've found in the dirt.

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Something is wrong with this world.

Fierce Bloody Angel

The blood is on your hands

Why did you come to this world?

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

The blood is on your hands.

The blood is on your hands!

Pyo.

3 hours ago, Abyssal Radon said:

Razer products are pricey, but in the end its all personal preference. I like my DeathAdder Chroma and my Blackwidow Chroma a lot. Was the price justified? For the mouse, yes. For the keyboard, no, but I'm happy with it. I will say this, their headphones are garbage (my old Kraken Chroma's are itchy and scratchy, I literally mean itchy and scratchy). Other than that, their laptops look nice, but are fairly over priced compared to a lot of other products in the market. Razer tries, but usually misses the mark to a lot of consumers eyes. The other problem for Razer is there are a lot of other companies that can match or beat Razer's quality for less money. In the end, it's all personal preference guys.

Like the death adder? get a G403 :P

widget.png?style=banner2

I have purchased four Razer mice and two of them died within one year of use. Meanwhile, my Logitech G5 from 2005 is still kicking ass. (I use a GL502 now though.)

My Black Widow is a perfectly fine keyboard though. I've had it for three years now.

Current Build:

CPU: Ryzen 7 5800X3D

GPU: RTX 3080 Ti FE

RAM: 32GB G.Skill Trident Z CL16 3200 MHz

Mobo: Asus Tuf X570 Plus Wifi

CPU Cooler: NZXT Kraken X53

PSU: EVGA G6 Supernova 850

Case: NZXT S340 Elite

Current Laptop:

Model: Asus ROG Zephyrus G14

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900HS

GPU: RTX 3060

RAM: 16GB @3200 MHz

Old PC:

CPU: Intel i7 8700K @4.9 GHz/1.315v

RAM: 32GB G.Skill Trident Z CL16 3200 MHz

Mobo: Asus Prime Z370-A

2 hours ago, Emberstone said:

-snip-

Yep, Razer definetly seems to be a big hit or a big pile of trash if it fails. The only problem with my keyboard is the software always fails to load the image and wont allpw me to costumise personally the RGB lighr -.-

Groomlake Authority

18 hours ago, deXxterlab97 said:

Yes. Thanks. Everybody knows that usebenchmark doesn't measure 3DMark and 3DMark is a tool not a benchmark. There are 3DMark Timespy. 3DMark FireStrike...

The more you argue the more you are wrong. Admit that you are wrong

I'm arguing that the laptop versions of desktop GPUs are very similar in terms of performance.  You literally proved my point by linking the video.  Theres a reason they took the M out of the mobile version naming.  Linus even make a video on it(here).  

8 hours ago, Drak3 said:

The 9800GT is so good that they can't measure the performance of that interdimensional age technology, kappa.

Last time I checked the roles were flipped.

As with all errors, it got fixed.

Just now, lilbman said:

Linus even make a video on it(here).  

That's Luke 

1 minute ago, lilbman said:

I'm arguing that the laptop versions of desktop GPUs are very similar in terms of performance.  You literally proved my point by linking the video.  Theres a reason they took the M out of the mobile version naming.  Linus even make a video on it(here).  

Last time I checked the roles were flipped.

As with all errors, it got fixed.

And 10 fps is fps difference is not similar, even a 1060 6gb and 1060 3gb gets at most 5fps difference. 

25 minutes ago, deXxterlab97 said:

And 10 fps is fps difference is not similar, even a 1060 6gb and 1060 3gb gets at most 5fps difference. 

It's the closest it has ever been.  It is close enough for NVIDIA to drop the 'M' on the names and close enough for the media to advertise NVIDIA as bringing desktop GPUs to notebook form factors.

On 4/2/2017 at 1:26 AM, DaveKerk said:

Perhaps I will have to do more research the next time I get a mouse. I got my current one as a present so no looking around was involved. I will have to keep Corsair in mind when looking for peripherals next.

i prefer logitech mice or zowie

Mouse: Logitech g402 <3

Keyboard: Some Tenkeyless with blue kalih switches

Headphones: Logitech g430

Monitor: HP w2207h (1680 x 1050 @ 60hz)

PC Specs:CPU(AMD A8 6500 @3.5ghz), Mobo ( ASUS A68HM-E  FM2+), 1x1600mhz 4gb stick of ram, Random grey PSU, 920gb ssd

PhoneIphone 5 32gb

Tablet: Ipad 2 16gb

Laptop:Toshiba satelite with 8gb of ram a 480gb ssd and a mobile 2nd gen I3

1 hour ago, lilbman said:

It's the closest it has ever been.  It is close enough for NVIDIA to drop the 'M' on the names and close enough for the media to advertise NVIDIA as bringing desktop GPUs to notebook form factors.

Before Pascal, Maxwell mobile GPUs where the closest to desktop ones. Before that, Kepler mobile was. But they were still mobile GPUs. That statement doesn't mean that they're effectively the same, because they aren't.

And Pascal is no different. The mobile counterparts are not truly desktop GPUs, they're still cut back versions. Nvidia's original numbers were 10% slower than desktop counterparts, with fewer CUDA cores at higher clocks. Them removing the 'm' designation is marketting. Nothing more.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

And look what I've found in the dirt.

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Something is wrong with this world.

Fierce Bloody Angel

The blood is on your hands

Why did you come to this world?

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

The blood is on your hands.

The blood is on your hands!

Pyo.

3 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

Before Pascal, Maxwell mobile GPUs where the closest to desktop ones. Before that, Kepler mobile was. But they were still mobile GPUs. That statement doesn't mean that they're effectively the same, because they aren't.

And Pascal is no different. The mobile counterparts are not truly desktop GPUs, they're still cut back versions. Nvidia's original numbers were 10% slower than desktop counterparts, with fewer CUDA cores at higher clocks. Them removing the 'm' designation is marketting. Nothing more.

I never said that they were desktop GPUs-I know that.  If you look back at to what I originally said, I said that they were 'desktop grade', meaning they were similar to desktops.  I've watched a few videos comparing the mobile and desktop versions, and the largest difference was 12 FPS between the two, and the desktop one that I saw that one on was OC'd.  You can OC the 1060 mobile, keep that in mind.

The mobile version will always be a cut back version.  I understand that, but just because it's cut back doesn't mean it can't come close in terms of performance.  I'd wager that the next generation of NVIDIA GPU's will be like a 3% difference.

If we were talking about say, the 960M and the 960 desktop, yes, there's a large difference, much larger in fact.

8 hours ago, Abyssal Radon said:

I use to be a fan of Logitech mice, the last one I owned was the G500. However after the G500 died, then I got my Death Adder 2013, I fell in love with it and really like mouse. Later I got the Chroma so I can have two, one for my desktop and one for my laptop that I take with me to class everyday (my laptop's touch pad sucks dick).

The G403 is basically just a better built DeathAdder with apparently faster response time. The wireless is just as good if not better than wired mice and the lack of cord is really quite 'freeing'. But if I had to choose between the two personally I'd going with the G403 as I've had bad experiences with Razer build quality. Your mileage will obviously vary.

widget.png?style=banner2