Why does RAZER get a bad rep?

DaveKerk

Why does RAZER get such a bad reputation? If you dislike them please tell me if it's an actual reason or you're just going with the flow. I for one have had their products for years and have only had one issue (which could have been my fault) and it was fixed swiftly.

1 minute ago, DaveKerk said:

Why does RAZER get such a bad reputation? If you dislike them please tell me if it's an actual reason or you're just going with the flow. I for one have had their products for years and have only had one issue (which could have been my fault) and it was fixed swiftly.

They are overpriced imo

Just now, NSDUO said:

They are overpriced imo

I don't believe so, for the quality that I have received it was a very fair price. Granted some of their stuff is over priced such as the BLADE, but professionals, Linus included, have testified on their behalf.

- Poor Build Quality

- Laptops are basically Macbooks with windows installed.

- Speakers blow major

- Try to innovate and end up failing

To name a few, (some of their products are good like the Deathadder 2013

A8-7600 {} Gigabyte FM2+ Board {} CX430 {} Corsair Vengeance LP 8gb {} MSI GTX 760 2GB {}

Console.WriteLine("C# is aids");

TBF I really like the Razer blade lineup,  My only experience was actually kind of nice as a friend of mine wanted one and I helped them replace the shite paste and undervolted it.  It was a toaster before then, not a cool thing from manufacturer to overlook.  

In terms of Razer  peripherals I avoid them like the plague.  For  the same cost as a Chroma V2 I can nearly get a K95 platinum with actual Cherry MX switches.  A high  end Razer mouse costs  significantly more than a really nice Corsair mouse that has much better construction and for the same price I can get an MX master, also known as the nicest mouse in the universe

Want to custom loop?  Ask me more if you are curious

my friend had a razer naga and black widow that had to be replaced 6 times before he had to switch to k70 and mx masters combo. product quality is vary low with bad customer service not a knock just that they are a small company. razer laptops have serious overheating and build issue, cramming high-end component into a slim body hoping it works is not the best idea. 

1 minute ago, nobiggieBIG said:

- Poor Build Quality

- Laptops are basically Macbooks with windows installed.

- Speakers blow major

- Try to innovate and end up failing

To name a few, (some of their products are good like the Deathadder 2013

Again, good quality in my opinion.

Can't personally speak to their laptops.

Have only heard good things about there headphones.

Legitimately curious about the innovation part, where have they done that?

I have the Naga Epic, Blackwidow 2013, and a Nostromo. All amazing products in my mind.

Just now, DaveKerk said:

Again, good quality in my opinion.

Can't personally speak to their laptops.

Have only heard good things about there headphones.

Legitimately curious about the innovation part, where have they done that?

I have the Naga Epic, Blackwidow 2013, and a Nostromo. All amazing products in my mind.

Yeah, with the keyswitches they do, they used khalih for the contruction, and they copied blues and sold them for hyper price, for absolutely abismal prices.

A8-7600 {} Gigabyte FM2+ Board {} CX430 {} Corsair Vengeance LP 8gb {} MSI GTX 760 2GB {}

Oh, forgot to mention the deathstalker.  2 years old and looks so scratched it is disgraceful, cost as much  as my K70 RGB with brown switches mad of aluminum that is both older and less beat up, though its taken more punishment

i'm curious how all of those razer blades Linus gave away are doing so far.. because that's a lot of laptops

Just now, Damascus said:

Oh, forgot to mention the deathstalker.  2 years old and looks so scratched it is disgraceful, cost as much  as my K70 RGB with brown switches mad of aluminum that is both older and less beat up, though its taken more punishment

i use a cheap chinese keyboard (motospeed inflictor ck104) and it has the same switches as razer, and costs half the price

- Switching to custom knockoff Cherry MX to make more profit, and their custom switches are fuckin horrible

- The entire Blade line is poorly engineered, making most of them throttle hard

- Products built for show essentially, not tested at all properly

- Marketing lies, and lies, and lies. 

- Support experience was really shitty personally. 

- Mice break quite easily, and sensors are usually overhyped shite (Phillips Twin-Eye on Mamba) 

- Mostly bought by idiot kids because they make themselves seem cool

idk

Just now, nobiggieBIG said:

i use a cheap chinese keyboard (motospeed inflictor ck104) and it has the same switches as razer, and costs half the price

Yeap, I actually tried 2 Kailh switches (brown and blue) but got the K70 for a great deal

Just now, Damascus said:

Yeap, I actually tried 2 Kailh switches (brown and blue) but got the K70 for a great deal

I want cherry mx reds so much, but for the moment blues will do.

3 minutes ago, Technicolors said:

i'm curious how all of those razer blades Linus gave away are doing so far.. because that's a lot of laptops

Linus will gets special treatment because of who he is, I am sure if there is a big problem razer will fix it without any hassle. 

I have no opinion of the quality of Razer products (I had a Deathadder for a while, it was alright), but I personally just despise their aesthetics. I own no PC hardware that matches black/radioactive green or trashy tribal iconography. I have a much easier time finding Corsair or Logitech products that look like something I'd want to own.

6 minutes ago, DaveKerk said:

Blackwidow 2013

You have one of the old, good ones with actual cherry MX keys.

Just now, Damascus said:

You have one of the old, good ones with actual cherry MX keycaps.

I had no idea. Guess I kinda got lucky. Would you guys say that the products have declined in quality? All of my stuff is nearing 3 or 4 years old.

Just now, Fooshi said:

requires a user account to use. What kind of raving lunatic thought that would be a good idea?

To be fair, NVIDIA also now requires an account to access the GeForce Experience. 

6 minutes ago, DaveKerk said:

- Naga Epic isn't bad, the sensor is mediocre but the shape is fine

- Razer BW2013 is a good board, it has MX Blues iirc. Instead of Razer's new switches which are total garbage. 

- Nostromo isn't bad, it's actually made by Belkin not Razer, but it's still a good pad. 

Anything 2013 or earlier is good from Razer, the new stuff sucks

idk

Just now, DaveKerk said:

To be fair, NVIDIA also now requires an account to access the GeForce Experience. 

but geforce experience is great, so do alot of recording programs.

Just now, nobiggieBIG said:

but geforce experience is great, so do alot of recording programs.

Not just recording software, it's for drivers, the game library, and just general viewing of the system info. (If I'm wrong here please correct me.)

I've only heard bad things about their mice(My sister has 3, 1 has double clicking and the other has mouse wheel problems and the newest one is fine) and the Blackwidow(2013) from my experience is really good. used it nearly every day since 2013 with no issues whatsoever, only wear I see is the WSAD getting shiny. Don't know about the newer series of blackwidow though, heard the switches weren't that good.

【=◈︿◈=】

\\ CPU i7-6700k @ 4.4ghz(1.26v) \\ GPU | 1070 FE 8GB  // Audio FiiO E10k / AT M50X //

\\ Monitor | LG 29UM69G-B \\ Phone LG G6 H870DS // Nintendo Switch //

Just now, Fooshi said:

Doesn't defend a shitty business practice. One of the reasons why GFE will never be installed on my PC.

So you're avoiding a piece of information because you don't like it? Avoid the Synapse software then, problem solved.

Just now, Fooshi said:

Doesn't defend a shitty business practice. One of the reasons why GFE will never be installed on my PC.

i only install it because its very low on resources, and just make a dummy account and just remember the email? alot of services nowadays require username and password. GFE is optional you dont actually need it.