Why does RAZER get a bad rep?

DaveKerk
7 minutes ago, nerdslayer1 said:

Linus will gets special treatment because of who he is, I am sure if there is a big problem razer will fix it without any hassle. 

true. but he also gave some away to friends of coworkers, which i doubt razer will give special treatment to. but i suppose if they mention Linus, then razer will look the other way 

Just now, DaveKerk said:

I had no idea. Guess I kinda got lucky. Would you guys say that the products have declined in quality? All of my stuff is nearing 3 or 4 years old.

Definitely.  I can guarantee the keyboards got worse (craptastic switches) and the mice just have cheaper, better competition from corsair.

70 USD

b8926ce29984a8155771a49c87ac902d.1600.jpg

55 USD

210af8afefd556ec530cecb5f7eb5cbd.1600.jpg

60 USD

41DlAggBnWL.jpg

50 USD

41Y3POt655L.jpg

Want to custom loop?  Ask me more if you are curious

1 minute ago, Damascus said:

-snip-

Alongside a better shape, the Corsair mice also have better sensors.. Work that shit out

idk

Just now, Damascus said:

Definitely.  I can guarantee the keyboards got worse (craptastic switches) and the mice just have cheaper, better competition from corsair.

Perhaps I will have to do more research the next time I get a mouse. I got my current one as a present so no looking around was involved. I will have to keep Corsair in mind when looking for peripherals next.

7 minutes ago, DaveKerk said:

To be fair, NVIDIA also now requires an account to access the GeForce Experience. 

i mean you can login using your nvidia account.. don't need to use google, facebook etc. AFAIK 

Just now, Droidbot said:

Alongside a better shape, the Corsair mice also have better sensors.. Work that shit out

Focusing more on price and category of mouse (fps, mmo)

Want to custom loop?  Ask me more if you are curious

8 minutes ago, DaveKerk said:

Not just recording software, it's for drivers, the game library, and just general viewing of the system info. (If I'm wrong here please correct me.)

You don't need GFE at all unless you want auto-setup and Shadowplay.

Cor Caeruleus Reborn v6

Spoiler

CPU: Intel - Core i7-8700K

CPU Cooler: be quiet! - PURE ROCK 
Thermal Compound: Arctic Silver - 5 High-Density Polysynthetic Silver 3.5g Thermal Paste 
Motherboard: ASRock Z370 Extreme4
Memory: G.Skill TridentZ RGB 2x8GB 3200/14
Storage: Samsung - 850 EVO-Series 500GB 2.5" Solid State Drive 
Storage: Samsung - 960 EVO 500GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive
Storage: Western Digital - Blue 2TB 3.5" 5400RPM Internal Hard Drive
Storage: Western Digital - BLACK SERIES 3TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive
Video Card: EVGA - 970 SSC ACX (1080 is in RMA)
Case: Fractal Design - Define R5 w/Window (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case
Power Supply: EVGA - SuperNOVA P2 750W with CableMod blue/black Pro Series
Optical Drive: LG - WH16NS40 Blu-Ray/DVD/CD Writer 
Operating System: Microsoft - Windows 10 Pro OEM 64-bit and Linux Mint Serena
Keyboard: Logitech - G910 Orion Spectrum RGB Wired Gaming Keyboard
Mouse: Logitech - G502 Wired Optical Mouse
Headphones: Logitech - G430 7.1 Channel  Headset
Speakers: Logitech - Z506 155W 5.1ch Speakers

1 minute ago, ARikozuM said:

You don't need GFE at all unless you want auto-setup and Shadowplay.

I suppose since I always installed it and updated from there so I had a misunderstanding. Thanks for correcting me.

Just now, DaveKerk said:

I suppose since I always installed it and updated from there so I had a misunderstanding. Thanks for correcting me.

My hate for Razer comes from poor software. Don't know how good it is now, but when I used it no macros were bind-able or usable since the program would crash on any game's startup (games that used macros). Their KBs also felt weak in comparison to Logitech (you can practically kill someone with a G105) while the mice were too light for me on click and lifting weight.

Cor Caeruleus Reborn v6

Spoiler

CPU: Intel - Core i7-8700K

CPU Cooler: be quiet! - PURE ROCK 
Thermal Compound: Arctic Silver - 5 High-Density Polysynthetic Silver 3.5g Thermal Paste 
Motherboard: ASRock Z370 Extreme4
Memory: G.Skill TridentZ RGB 2x8GB 3200/14
Storage: Samsung - 850 EVO-Series 500GB 2.5" Solid State Drive 
Storage: Samsung - 960 EVO 500GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive
Storage: Western Digital - Blue 2TB 3.5" 5400RPM Internal Hard Drive
Storage: Western Digital - BLACK SERIES 3TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive
Video Card: EVGA - 970 SSC ACX (1080 is in RMA)
Case: Fractal Design - Define R5 w/Window (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case
Power Supply: EVGA - SuperNOVA P2 750W with CableMod blue/black Pro Series
Optical Drive: LG - WH16NS40 Blu-Ray/DVD/CD Writer 
Operating System: Microsoft - Windows 10 Pro OEM 64-bit and Linux Mint Serena
Keyboard: Logitech - G910 Orion Spectrum RGB Wired Gaming Keyboard
Mouse: Logitech - G502 Wired Optical Mouse
Headphones: Logitech - G430 7.1 Channel  Headset
Speakers: Logitech - Z506 155W 5.1ch Speakers

Hating Razer is a stale meme.

Most student types should just get a business Dell (ie: Latitude) and call it a day.  Cheaper, great build quality, easy to find replacement parts, onsite warranties, etc.

Same 'problems' with the Alienwares, so don't anyone be thinkin that I'm just shillin for Dell.  The last thing a student needs is a laptop that's not perfectly reliable, maintainable, and has a relatively poor life cycle.

I mean most of the people already said reasons as to why Razer is generally trash. (ex. quaility, overpriced....)

I don't have respect for the company because of the trash advertisement that they pull off. They are always marketing higher dpi and claiming bullshit about the technology they put into their mice. You could make the same argument for other companies like SteelSeries. In the end, Razer in my eyes always seems like the devil that enjoys profiting off ignorant people than actually trying to improve people's gaming experience. Which is why I religiously support Logitech's products constantly over any other company because they are always innovating and trying different things without claiming bullshit. When they claim stuff like the fastest mouse on the planet. It actually is precise and fast in terms of tracking (g402). When they say they have a really good and flawless wireless mouse (G900). They actually have data to back their claim unlike other companies who bullshit their way to the title.

I currently have the Razer NAGA Chroma with Blackwidow Ultimate keyboard to be fair they were pretty expensive to get as a student but I saw some people with some other keyboards looking similar to the blackwidow but the keys where like up high so I am guessing it is way easier to clean also I really like the clicky sounds of the keyboard but if I were to upgrade (Don't have much issues with these two other than that the sensor on the mouse sometimes stops for some reason) which ones should I get? I play lots of MMO's so the numbers on the mouse is a plus while also the clicky same size is blackwidow style (I saw people recommending corsair but no idea which ones to get xD)

Though I never had issues with Razer but gotta say their program synapse is total crap.

Because they suck. Overpriced pieces of plastic made by asians in a sweatshop. Just like Beats, their quality is mediocre and overhyped by fanbois. Razer puts the DeathAdder at $50, where I can get a mouse that's 40x better for $10. Given they've gotten slightly better in recent years but only marginally so and I refuse to ever buy their products.

1 minute ago, H0R53 said:

Because they suck. Overpriced pieces of plastic made by asians in a sweatshop. Just like Beats, their quality is mediocre and overhyped by fanbois. Razer puts the DeathAdder at $50, where I can get a mouse that's 40x better for $10. Given they've gotten slightly better in recent years but only marginally so and I refuse to ever buy their products.

I've never seen a 10 dollar mouse ever pull off as good performance as a DeathAdder. I actually think the DeathAdder is fairly priced for a decent mouse at 35-50 dollars.  However, Mamba TE and rehashed chroma versions with the Phillip twin eye sensor I believe are overpriced.

3 minutes ago, H0R53 said:

Given they've gotten slightly better in recent years

lol like what 

Personal build >  New-ish AMD main gaming setup           

PLEASE QUOTE OR @ ME FOR A RESPONSE xD 

11 minutes ago, H0R53 said:

where I can get a mouse that's 40x better for $10.

Link? 

I want to buy a mouse like that.

i5 2400 | ASUS RTX 4090 TUF OC | Seasonic 1200W Prime Gold | WD Green 120gb | WD Blue 1tb | some ram | a random case

3 minutes ago, Pohernori said:

Link? 

I want to buy a mouse like that.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01N0M83KY/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I've had this mouse for 6 months. Not one issue, no cable kinks, all lights still work, my hand NEVER cramps (I have large hands too), it's 3200DPI, it looks nice, feels nice, the weight is good, the scroll wheel isn't mushy, the mouse buttons are solid, and all of the buttons still work, not to mention there's absolutely no wear on the plastic and I game 4+ hours a day.

I found a still-packaged DeathAdder in a Goodwill, my friend bought it and while he let me use it...i absolutely hated it. The plastic felt cheap and brittle, it was too heavy for me, the mouse wheel was mushy, the lights were annoying, the buttons were too soft, and the sensitivity was definitely not 3200 dpi. I've had better experiences with thrift store wireless mice.

10 minutes ago, H0R53 said:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01N0M83KY/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I've had this mouse for 6 months. Not one issue, no cable kinks, all lights still work, my hand NEVER cramps (I have large hands too), it's 3200DPI, it looks nice, feels nice, the weight is good, the scroll wheel isn't mushy, the mouse buttons are solid, and all of the buttons still work, not to mention there's absolutely no wear on the plastic and I game 4+ hours a day.

I found a still-packaged DeathAdder in a Goodwill, my friend bought it and while he let me use it...i absolutely hated it. The plastic felt cheap and brittle, it was too heavy for me, the mouse wheel was mushy, the lights were annoying, the buttons were too soft, and the sensitivity was definitely not 3200 dpi. I've had better experiences with thrift store wireless mice.

Hey com on. My cheap jap mouse shits all over this. Tons of these mouse are in sale at my local stores under a different brand. They all come from the same factory anyway so there not really a difference. 

I've had my cheapskate E Blue mouse for 5 years now and it hasn't failed. Still playing overwatch with it. Can't even remember what the dpi levels are anymore. 

My logitech G600 hasn't failed either. Both have been with me for 5 years. 

i5 2400 | ASUS RTX 4090 TUF OC | Seasonic 1200W Prime Gold | WD Green 120gb | WD Blue 1tb | some ram | a random case

20 minutes ago, H0R53 said:

I get that there are a bunch of casual peeps here.

I highly doubt the sensor performance on a 10 dollar mouse is going to beat the tracking on a DeathAdder chroma/elite.

Comfort is subjective

Sensor performance/mouse latency can all be objectively tested

I have a Razer Blackwidow 2014 Expert that I got for $60, I like the switches and it's lasted about a year so far.

✨PC Specs✨

AMD Ryzen 7 3800X | MSI MPG B550 Gaming Plus | 16GB Team T-Force 3400MHz | Zotac GTX 1080 AMP EXTREME

BeQuiet Dark Rock Pro 4 Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | NZXT 750W | Phanteks Eclipse P400A

Extras: ASUS Zephyrus G14 (2021) | OnePlus 7 Pro | Fully restored Robosapien V2, Omnibot 2000, Omnibot 5402

1 minute ago, H0R53 said:

There's only one way to find out, and it only costs $10

You'd have to ask overclock forums to do a test

I dont have the equipment or time lmaoooo

2 hours ago, DaveKerk said:

Why does RAZER get such a bad reputation? If you dislike them please tell me if it's an actual reason or you're just going with the flow. I for one have had their products for years and have only had one issue (which could have been my fault) and it was fixed swiftly.

I didn't realize razer got a bad rep, I think they're leaps and bounds better than Corsair and other competitors 

MJEFF IS USEFULL