How do I bring my pc?

WhatComesAround
Just now, WhatComesAround said:

True, but if PC parts pass in the US they'll probably pass in most other countries. From my experience TSA in the US is on a whole new level.

the USA is defenately the most strict one out the bunch, but europe's import regulations are hilareous too xD

You should bring the user manuals with you, easier to explain in case they ask questions. Generally thin stuff like motherboard, cpus and ram don't pose a big threat because they are too small to cause any damage lol

10 minutes ago, light-v said:

Depends on the airport, I travel lot to Hong Kong and it's fine, maybe you should put your PSU in your checked as well since it's a rather complicated component for the TSA

I love you potato picture :D I make that for my little brother on his birthday. 

Just now, light-v said:

You should bring the user manuals with you, easier to explain in case they ask questions. Generally thin stuff like motherboard, cpus and ram don't pose a big threat because they are thin lol

Maybe, or I guess I could just google parts of a computer, and match each one with what I am carrying, to verify it is all legit. :D

Man, this was some good reading.

There is almost NO WAY you will be able to get a full tower PC on a plane, some mid towers, yes, almost all mimi towers but not a full tower unless you are on a Panamanian flight which you are not, they walk on the plane with 55inch tvs anyway your best bet would be to take out all the components and put them in static bags then put them in a carry on with some underwear in it, can't never have enough underwear when traveling. 

A water-cooled mid-tier gaming PC.

2 minutes ago, WhatComesAround said:

I love you potato picture :D I make that for my little brother on his birthday. 

I'm into that literal potato PC thing :D

33 minutes ago, WhatComesAround said:

Hey everyone, so I am currently living in Malaysia, but I will be going to study in Germany in around a year. So I have spent at least a thousand dollars on my PC and I don't want it being left behind after I put so much money and work (not much, :>) into it. Has this ever happened to anyone, how much will shipping it/flying it there cost? I am willing to bring it there in my hands if airlines allow it XD.

You can carry it all the way. Or arrange your stuff to the luggage in priority.You can put them in two luggages.

1.pc(include everything)

2.clothes(don't put too many)

3.food(take your space up to 30%)

4.your important thing

Context Matters!

55 minutes ago, light-v said:

Depends if you have full ATX build. Personally I unmounted everything and stuffed the components with their anti static bag in my carry on bag and left the case at home.

Edit: You might be able to send the whole box as fragile checked baggage but I wouldn't do that. You could also send it via courier but that will cost you a pretty penny 

man ive seen those those cargo dudes out the plane window before, no fucking way would i let them touch my PC. I would rather walk across continents carrying it on my back.

Home PC:

CPU: i7 4790s ~ Motherboard: Asus B85M-E ~ RAM: 32GB Ballistix Sport DDR3 1666 ~ GPU: Sapphire R9 390 Nitro ~ Case: Corsair Carbide Spec-03 ~ Storage: Kingston Predator 240GB   PCIE M.2 Boot, 2TB HDD, 3x 480GB SATA SSD's in RAID 0 ~ PSU:    Corsair CX600
Display(s): Asus PB287Q , Generic Samsung 1080p 22" ~ Cooling: Arctic T3 Air Cooler, All case fans replaced with Noctua NF-B9 Redux's ~ Keyboard: Logitech G810 Orion ~ Mouse: Cheap Microsoft Wired (i like it) ~ Sound: Radial Pro USB DAC into 250w Powered Speakers ~ Operating System: Windows 10 Enterprise x64

Work PC:

CPU: Intel Xeon E3 1275 v3 ~ Motherboard: Asrock E3C226D2I ~ RAM: 16GB DDR3 ~ GPU: GTX 460 ~ Case: Silverstone SG05 ~ Storage: 512GB SATA SSD ~ Displays: 3x1080p 24" mix and matched Dell monitors plus a 10" 1080p lilliput monitor above ~ Operating System: Windows 10 Enterprise x64

14 minutes ago, DnFx91 said:

man ive seen those those cargo dudes out the plane window before, no fucking way would i let them touch my PC. I would rather walk across continents carrying it on my back.

That's why I said I wouldn't do that. I would only send the empty case in checked. How do you think they treat your stuff when you order online? Exactly the same. 

12 minutes ago, light-v said:

That's why I said I wouldn't do that. I would only send the empty case in checked. How do you think they treat your stuff when you order online? Exactly the same. 

yeah man, i carried my PC case 2.5 miles home from town because i refused to have it shipped and show up broken.

Home PC:

CPU: i7 4790s ~ Motherboard: Asus B85M-E ~ RAM: 32GB Ballistix Sport DDR3 1666 ~ GPU: Sapphire R9 390 Nitro ~ Case: Corsair Carbide Spec-03 ~ Storage: Kingston Predator 240GB   PCIE M.2 Boot, 2TB HDD, 3x 480GB SATA SSD's in RAID 0 ~ PSU:    Corsair CX600
Display(s): Asus PB287Q , Generic Samsung 1080p 22" ~ Cooling: Arctic T3 Air Cooler, All case fans replaced with Noctua NF-B9 Redux's ~ Keyboard: Logitech G810 Orion ~ Mouse: Cheap Microsoft Wired (i like it) ~ Sound: Radial Pro USB DAC into 250w Powered Speakers ~ Operating System: Windows 10 Enterprise x64

Work PC:

CPU: Intel Xeon E3 1275 v3 ~ Motherboard: Asrock E3C226D2I ~ RAM: 16GB DDR3 ~ GPU: GTX 460 ~ Case: Silverstone SG05 ~ Storage: 512GB SATA SSD ~ Displays: 3x1080p 24" mix and matched Dell monitors plus a 10" 1080p lilliput monitor above ~ Operating System: Windows 10 Enterprise x64

1 hour ago, Leonard said:

Man, this was some good reading.

There is almost NO WAY you will be able to get a full tower PC on a plane, some mid towers, yes, almost all mimi towers but not a full tower unless you are on a Panamanian flight which you are not, they walk on the plane with 55inch tvs anyway your best bet would be to take out all the components and put them in static bags then put them in a carry on with some underwear in it, can't never have enough underwear when traveling. 

Lol, and yes I figured I wouldn't be able to bring the tower. My plan as it stands right now is to put the case into my bag (The big ones that you check in)(And I would use one that is very strong and hard) then fill the case with bags of clothing or whatever. Now as for the components I would do as you have suggested except for maybe the PSU, I'd leave that in the bag that I would check in.

2 hours ago, light-v said:

I'm into that literal potato PC thing :D

:D I used to have a potato PC, not literally. They are nice for a little while but when they can't run gta that's when the fun ends XD.

1 hour ago, DnFx91 said:

I agree, they throw the cargo like they are playing a game of angry birds.

1 hour ago, TechQuest said:

You can carry it all the way. Or arrange your stuff to the luggage in priority.You can put them in two luggages.

1.pc(include everything)

2.clothes(don't put too many)

3.food(take your space up to 30%)

4.your important thing

Not sure if I'd like to have my components in the luggage (if you mean the checked in luggage), everything would arrive in pieces knowing how the cargo guys handle things.

2 minutes ago, WhatComesAround said:

Lol, and yes I figured I wouldn't be able to bring the tower. My plan as it stands right now is to put the case into my bag (The big ones that you check in)(And I would use one that is very strong and hard) then fill the case with bags of clothing or whatever. Now as for the components I would do as you have suggested except for maybe the PSU, I'd leave that in the bag that I would check in.

You could leave the PSU in the case screwed in since you will be putting it in a hard luggage carrier cause having that flop around can cause an issue with TSA....they are always like what is that clanging, it did it again, have security find the owner.....then they come to you with black rubber gloves and say sir GET IN THAT ROOM!

A water-cooled mid-tier gaming PC.

35 minutes ago, Howitz said:

Just strap it to your chest and call it a religious apparatus.

Uhh, I think that strapping a computer to your chest and calling it religious apparatus would result in me getting arrested in a huge parade of officers within seconds of entering the airport xD Yelling I am religious, Allahu Akbar would be the cherry on top 

2 minutes ago, Leonard said:

You could leave the PSU in the case screwed in since you will be putting it in a hard luggage carrier cause having that flop around can cause an issue with TSA....they are always like what is that clanging, it did it again, have security find the owner.....then they come to you with black rubber gloves and say sir GET IN THAT ROOM!

Lol, that is like exactly what I imagined happening. Idk why but every non tech guy/girl finds PSU's weird, like some alien brain or some intricate bomb.

2 hours ago, WhatComesAround said:

Lol, that is like exactly what I imagined happening. Idk why but every non tech guy/girl finds PSU's weird, like some alien brain or some intricate bomb.

PSUs can look creepy if you shut off the lights and hang it in the middle of the room. Dark robotic tentacles anyone? 

20 hours ago, Howitz said:

Just strap it to your chest and call it a religious apparatus.

"It's a symbol of my religion! Stop oppressing me!"

Spoiler

Quiet Whirl | CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Mobo: MSI B450 TOMAHAWK MAX RAM: HyperX Fury RGB 32GB (2x16GB) DDR4 3200 Mhz Graphics card: MSI GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER GAMING X TRIO PSU: Corsair RMx Series RM550x Case: Be quiet! Pure Base 600

Buffed HPHP ProBook 430 G4 | CPU: Intel Core i3-7100U RAM: 4GB DDR4 2133Mhz GPU: Intel HD 620 SSD: Some 128GB M.2 SATA

Retired:

Melting plastic | Lenovo IdeaPad Z580 | CPU: Intel Core i7-3630QM RAM: 8GB DDR3 GPU: nVidia GeForce GTX 640M HDD: Western Digital 1TB

The Roaring Beast | CPU: Intel Core i5 4690 (BCLK @ 104MHz = 4,05GHz) Cooler: Akasa X3 Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z97-D3H RAM: Kingston 16GB DDR3 (2x8GB) Graphics card: Gigabyte GTX 970 4GB (Core: +130MHz, Mem: +230MHz) SSHD: Seagate 1TB SSD: Samsung 850 Evo 500GB HHD: WD Red 4TB PSU: Fractal Design Essence 500W Case: Zalman Z11 Plus

On 3/20/2017 at 5:54 AM, WhatComesAround said:

Hey everyone, so I am currently living in Malaysia, but I will be going to study in Germany in around a year. So I have spent at least a thousand dollars on my PC and I don't want it being left behind after I put so much money and work (not much, :>) into it. Has this ever happened to anyone, how much will shipping it/flying it there cost? I am willing to bring it there in my hands if airlines allow it XD.

see if you can support everything inside with some type of packing material and pack it into a carry on. you would be great.

First PC Build

CPU: i5 4690k  (4.7Ghz 1.36v)                                        MOBO: MSI z97 gaming 5

GPU: MSI GTX 1070 gaming x                  Case: NZXT s340 elite Black/Red

Storage: 1tb seagate SSHD, 240gb PNY ssd                    PSU: Corsair RM750X

Cooling:H100i V2 / Bequiet Fans

16GB Hyper X Fury Memory

Benched on CPUZ (Single-thread=2140) (Multi-Thread=8316)

Fire Strike 1.1=13660

Time Spy=5519

Cinebench R15 (CPU= 509cb) (OpenGL=118.28 FPS)

Unigine (Superposition 4k optimized=5581) (Heaven Extreme=120.6 FPS Score:3038) (Valley Extreme HD= 92.7 FPS Score:3879)

If you have a large GPU then i suggest taking it out, same with the cpu heat-sink. Everything else should be fine as long as its mounted to the case

Honestly, i would take the most important/expensive pc parts with me and buy the rest of it locally.

Things like the case and psu can usually be bought cheap.

If you want my attention, quote meh! D: or just stick an @samcool55 in your post :3

Spying on everyone to fight against terrorism is like shooting a mosquito with a cannon

17 hours ago, samcool55 said:

Honestly, i would take the most important/expensive pc parts with me and buy the rest of it locally.

Things like the case and psu can usually be bought cheap.

True, but it would take some time for me to figure out where to get those parts. I guess I could order them online or something but the convenience of having all the parts already is that I don't have to spend another dime and I don't need to go out computer store hunting. Btw I love your profile picture, and your member title, I love going sideways too :D

3 hours ago, WhatComesAround said:

True, but it would take some time for me to figure out where to get those parts. I guess I could order them online or something but the convenience of having all the parts already is that I don't have to spend another dime and I don't need to go out computer store hunting. Btw I love your profile picture, and your member title, I love going sideways too :D

:D thanks. There are some good hw shops in germany btw, mindfactory and caseking are a few examples.

I recommend taking a look at geizhals.eu if you want to find computer parts from german retailers :)

If you want my attention, quote meh! D: or just stick an @samcool55 in your post :3

Spying on everyone to fight against terrorism is like shooting a mosquito with a cannon