What is the best possible computer I can get for 1740$ AUD/1300 USD$

Rankx
Just now, Buzzsaw said:

Go tell that to @Aereldor

He/She was the one that suggested delidding.

I simply stated that it was a bad idea, especially to someone who more than likely has never done this before.

Why even bring it up?

He then agrees that it's fine without delidding a CPU but you ignore that fact and continue to defend your own argument of why delidding is bad after watching a single video from Linus and claims he should be the one to trust most. Stop being ignorant please. If you can't support your own argument with facts and explanation then don't bother to even start an argument

1 hour ago, Aereldor said:

I know, I know. I just think it's pretty foolproof with a delidding tool, and temperature improvements are ridiculous on the 7700k. Intel's basically used the same Thermal compound on all the chips from the locked celerons to the 7700k.

I was recommending the 6700k until recently because of this.

1 minute ago, Buzzsaw said:

Just because you have an opinion about my posts doesn't make it necessarily the facts. 

Shut up and move on.

I can tell you are easily upset when corrected, but nobody needs to "shut up and move on" because you're upset about it. 

Perhaps you can take your own advice? 

Probably not though since you've already called people out for going off topic when you yourself came in off topic. So if you didn't have to follow your own advice then, you probably don't now either. 

Sorry that Linus let you down on this one, but it's a good example of not blindly following everything you see on the internet. 

4 hours ago, Buzzsaw said:

BAD idea to suggest delidding a processor. 

Not Recommended - Delidding A Processor

You should refrain from speaking about things you know nothing about. It leads to misinformation.

EDIT: I realize it is rude of me to say that without providing the information as to why you are wrong. I'll do that now.

Now, I know it's a conflict of interest to use my own results (even if they were an impressive 21C reduction in temperatures) so I won't just stop there.

http://www.overclock.net/t/1313179/official-delidded-club-guide

A thread older than this forum itself, all showing intense gains when delidding. However, I am still not satisfied.

Der8auer, arguably one of the worlds most prolific overclockers, showing you intense gains. 

As hard as it might be to believe, Linus is not infallible. He is not the be all, end all on all things tech related. It is for this reason, you must seek out several sources before making definitive claims like this. Now, you might be wondering how Linus screwed it up. How his results were absolutely nothing like the rest of us. Well, I can answer that.

Most of us got intense gains, because we used liquid metal. Liquid Metal is as close as you can get to solder for a TIM, and there is no arguing against its effectiveness. However, it has it's flaws. It cannot be used in during subzero overclocking. For situations like this, pro's use Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, which has a much better tolerance for cold. It's also not bad at all on the bare die, and will still show an improvement albeit not as great as liquid metal. Linus himself specifically used Maker Gel, which is awful to use on bare dies due to it's inability to handle constant thermal cycles (rapid change from cold to hot) which occurs frequently on the bare die itself. No IHS to help make that transition less instantaneous. His spreading method (if we can even call it that) was horrible. The IHS won't evenly spread paste like your traditional heatsink would on top of the IHS. It's designed in a way to not use tremendous mounting pressure to avoid crushing the die. In fact, your socket retention mechanism helps absorb some of the weight of heavier heatsinks. 

If for some reason, this isn't enough evidence to sway your opinion, then it simply cannot be helped.

My (incomplete) memory overclocking guide: 

Does memory speed impact gaming performance? Click here to find out!

On 1/2/2017 at 9:32 PM, MageTank said:

Sometimes, we all need a little inspiration.

6 hours ago, Buzzsaw said:

It does NOT matter which processor it is... it's generally agreed that delidding ANY processor is not beneficial at all. 

There's a 3264 page thread on OCN that disagrees with you, just sayin bud.

Stuff:  i7 7700k @ (dat nibba succ) | ASRock Z170M OC Formula | G.Skill TridentZ 3600 c16 | EKWB 1080 @ 2100 mhz  |  Acer X34 Predator | R4 | EVGA 1000 P2 | 1080mm Radiator Custom Loop | HD800 + Audio-GD NFB-11 | 850 Evo 1TB | 840 Pro 256GB | 3TB WD Blue | 2TB Barracuda

Hwbot: http://hwbot.org/user/lays/ 

FireStrike 980 ti @ 1800 Mhz http://hwbot.org/submission/3183338 http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/11574089

Before this gets out of hand, quick reminder to everyone here

Generally speaking, as long as the following rules are met you should never find yourself subject to disciplinary action:

• Ensure a friendly atmosphere to our visitors and forum members.
  • Encourage the freedom of expression and exchange of information in a mature and responsible manner.
  • "Don't be a dick" - Wil Wheaton.
  • "Be excellent to each other" - Bill and Ted.
  • Remember your audience; both present and future.

-Locked-