Australians Angry as NBN tracker tool points out delays.

SammoFS

Many Australians are Angry As the new NBN tracker tool points out delay to their suburb/house. Like myself I am Effected by this. I was going to get HFC (Hybrid Fibre(Fiber) Co-axial in the H1 of 2017 (this year) but now it's Jan-June/July 2019 (I'm pissed.)

I am a bit disgusted that there is no NBN in my suburb. It feels like they are going out of their way to connect the lower socio-economic areas, which makes no sense given they will not be spending the money the NBN needs to be profitable.

Which personally I agree with, The NBN wants to make as MUCH Profit as they can from doing this whole "operation".

Where possible, NBN looks to upgrade existing technologies in order to roll the network out as quickly and efficiently as possible

Honestly I think that's bullsh*t. The whole entire NBN has been quite a disappointment with many customers complaining about slower speeds than what they ordered. NBN CEO Bill Morrow (American) Has blamed this on customer's Computers. (Really I do not like Bill at all.) The best results I have seen on FTTP/HFC Is with MyRepublic on 100/40 plans. On peak and off peak I have seen always above 90 up and 90down.

cdaaedbc0991a14cc13026ef8d2e7e40.jpg Let me know what you think about this. (P.S Some of these quotes are from a man speaking about the NBN in the article.)

Sauce(Source): http://www.news.com.au/technology/online/nbn/aussies-angry-as-nbn-tracker-tool-points-out-delays/news-story/eb7f64118522e853778f0ed7369a3fe4

Ryzen 5 3600

RX 590 8GB 

WD Blue 1TB

(full specs on profile)

On your map the parts that have NBN are middle-high socio-economic areas whereas Robina is low-middle socio-economic area, and I think the infrastructure in Robina is fairly new (age wise not tech wise). Otherwise it is bullshit, they should be going for the high-density areas to get more money rolling in sooner.

Along with decent speeds!!! The lowest speed is no different to what people have now, but it costs more.

Murphy's Law: "Anything that can go wrong, will go wrong"

1 minute ago, RedSpade said:

On your map the parts that have NBN are middle-high socio-economic areas whereas Robina is low-middle socio-economic area, and I think the infrastructure in Robina is fairly new (age wise not tech wise). Otherwise it is bullshit, they should be going for the high-density areas to get more money rolling in sooner.

Along with decent speeds!!! The lowest speed is no different to what people have now, but it costs more.

P.S Isn't my map, its from the article.

Ryzen 5 3600

RX 590 8GB 

WD Blue 1TB

(full specs on profile)

2 minutes ago, Rika Shiguma said:

P.S Isn't my map, its from the article.

Ah sorry, it looked too crudely drawn to be a news article one... :P

Edit: my planned availability was last month yet they haven't even started building yet :dry:

Just now, RedSpade said:

Ah sorry, it looked too crudely drawn to be a news article one... :P

*cough* australia *cough*

Ryzen 5 3600

RX 590 8GB 

WD Blue 1TB

(full specs on profile)

The moment you realise that Virgin Media has offered part fiber part coaxial (i.e. FTTN) internet in the UK for over 10 years or something now :P 

Looking at my signature are we now? Well too bad there's nothing here...

What? As I said, there seriously is nothing here :) 

Just now, Mr.Meerkat said:

The moment you realise that Virgin Media has offered part fiber part coaxial (i.e. FTTN) internet in the UK for over 10 years or something now :P 

NBN is using that in it's rollout too :(

Ryzen 5 3600

RX 590 8GB 

WD Blue 1TB

(full specs on profile)

My bet would be that they are starting with low income areas, so they can get low sales on purpose and then claim that people don't want or need fiber internet.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

1 minute ago, Trik'Stari said:

My bet would be that they are starting with low income areas, so they can get low sales on purpose and then claim that people don't want or need fiber internet.

But then they lose millions in contracts... That wouldn't make sense. I think the areas they're doing first have the shittest infrastructure, and they've just blatanly lied about estimated rollout dates or grossly underestimated them.

Just now, RedSpade said:

But then they lose millions in contracts... That wouldn't make sense. I think the areas they're doing first have the shittest infrastructure, and they've just blatanly lied about estimated rollout dates or grossly underestimated them.

From my point of view, corporations seem to try and make money in the most asinine and idiotic way possible. Instead of offering a good service at a competitive price, they'd rather not compete and just find some shit way to ensure that you can only get their service, and that they can hold you captive and overcharge you for it. Companies, at least in the US, don't seem to understand that you have to spend money to make money.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

The whole point of the NBN is to connect the parts of Australia (which is alot of it) that weren't connected and didn't make a lot of sense to do commercially, hence government funding.

The NBN performance isn't mind-blowing. I used to live near Robina and got ALOT faster internet on ADSL than I get here in rural Queensland on the NBN. If you live in a city, you can already get decent internet so its not needed as much. We also don't have any competition out here - Telstra was the only provider of DSL, and now the NBN infrastructure allows consumers to choose between many different ones.

You say you live approximated 10km from the CBD of Melbourne. Your internet is fantastic for Australia and the NBN isn't gonna fix that. 

22 minutes ago, Dredgy said:

The whole point of the NBN is to connect the parts of Australia (which is alot of it) that weren't connected and didn't make a lot of sense to do commercially, hence government funding.

The NBN performance isn't mind-blowing. I used to live near Robina and got ALOT faster internet on ADSL than I get here in rural Queensland on the NBN. If you live in a city, you can already get decent internet so its not needed as much. 

That isn't the whole point. They also said they wanted to update the current "infrastructure" since it's "Bad".

"If you live in a city, you can already get decent internet so it's not needed as much" Wrong. Most of Melbourne city (I know different to brisbane.) Still isn't on the NBN and is stuck on cable or ADSL2+ yes cable with optus can get you 30/2 or 100/2 BUT the faster upload speeds is something australian youtubers NEED. And other people aswell for say, pictures on face book or uploading pictures to LTT. the NBN is needed, Yes GBPS isn't necessary BUT It has deployed in NZ (My Republic) and A LOT of New Zealanders are Happy with the GBPS service they buy (A LOT HAVE) So When My Republic says they will bring it to australia Many people are happy. I think a decent 250/100 would be PLENTY for people.

Ryzen 5 3600

RX 590 8GB 

WD Blue 1TB

(full specs on profile)

I think ISP are the only ones able to get away with  selling something that they know they can't deliver at all.

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

I just resigned another 2 year deal with Telstra as there really is no better ISP in my area and January 2019 is a while away. worst thing is the 4 down 0.1 up speed i get with it. And even when it does come it will be FTTN. however another federal election will have taken place by then so there is possibility of a new government and more importantly a new plan for the people who still yet to receive the network. (aka: Those of us that have to wait for 2019)

Human intelligence decreases with increasing proximity to oncoming traffic.

Damn, that sucks. 

EDIT: Forgot to tag TrigrH, with the 1.26 down and 0.12 up. 

1 hour ago, TrigrH said:

5729967861.png

OaJgO8z.png

Mine got pushed forward a month :P Tho couldn't come sooner.

"slower than 94% of AU"

more like "you have the average Australian internet"

6106077743.png

a3Zrr9Q.png

I see......

IJqdlDk.png

::Facepalm::

Western Sydney University - 4th year BCompSc student

21 minutes ago, kiska3 said:

6106077743.png

a3Zrr9Q.png

I see......

IJqdlDk.png

::Facepalm::

At least you get it already :(. I get it by 2019 APPARENTLY which pisses me off. But since you can get it on HFC Then you're lucky (Cause up to 1GBPS speeds might be possible on HFC soon)

Ryzen 5 3600

RX 590 8GB 

WD Blue 1TB

(full specs on profile)

3 minutes ago, Rika Shiguma said:

At least you get it already :(. I get it by 2019 APPARENTLY which pisses me off. But since you can get it on HFC Then you're lucky (Cause up to 1GBPS speeds might be possible on HFC soon)

Oh it hasn't been installed yet, with no appointment made to do so, but then this is what I expected from a government project

14 minutes ago, kiska3 said:

Oh it hasn't been installed yet, with no appointment made to do so, but then this is what I expected from a government project

rip :/

Ryzen 5 3600

RX 590 8GB 

WD Blue 1TB

(full specs on profile)

21 hours ago, Rika Shiguma said:

rip :/

Ok appointment was made today, which I was not made aware of. But problem, they have to run HFC underground, and unfortunately my conduit is too old, so its blocked. YAY civil works, the whole purpose of MTM was to NOT have civil works involved in installing nbn

I am thankful to be living in an apartment development with FTTH none of that fttb bullcrap

Main System - 2016 13"nTB MBP 256GB

Gaming Rig - 4790K, 16GB RAM, 1080Ti
Monitor - Dell 25" U2515H

K/B & M - Ducky One TKL, Logitech MX Master & G900

Audio - JDS Labs The Element, Aktimate Mini B+, Krix Seismix 3 Mk6, Ultrasone Pro 900

57 minutes ago, Qwertious said:

I am thankful to be living in an apartment development with FTTH none of that fttb bullcrap

I have FTTH.  It's glorious.  The ONT box is in my garage, where it spits out a coax wire that plugs into my modem.

I have 50 down / 50 up, and that's honestly plenty, although they'd love to sell me 300 down / 300 up.

If I lived a few miles away, I'd be stuck with Time Warner Cable, who will sell you high speeds, with almost no upload, crap reliability, and outdated equipment for more than I'm paying now.

But I suppose it could be worse.

SFF-ish:  Ryzen 5 1600X, Asrock AB350M Pro4, 16GB Corsair LPX 3200, Sapphire R9 Fury Nitro -75mV, 512gb Plextor Nvme m.2, 512gb Sandisk SATA m.2, Cryorig H7, stuffed into an Inwin 301 with rgb front panel mod.  LG27UD58.

Aging Workhorse:  Phenom II X6 1090T Black (4GHz #Yolo), 16GB Corsair XMS 1333, RX 470 Red Devil 4gb (Sold for $330 to Cryptominers), HD6850 1gb, Hilariously overkill Asus Crosshair V, 240gb Sandisk SSD Plus, 4TB's worth of mechanical drives, and a bunch of water/glycol.  Coming soon:  Bykski CPU block, whatever cheap Polaris 10 GPU I can get once miners start unloading them.

MintyFreshMedia:  Thinkserver TS130 with i3-3220, 4gb ecc ram, 120GB Toshiba/OCZ SSD booting Linux Mint XFCE, 2TB Hitachi Ultrastar.  In Progress:  3D printed drive mounts, 4 2TB ultrastars in RAID 5.