THUMBNAILS ON YT VIDEOS!

access denied

Now, I am not the only one who hates the thumbnails of LTT videos nowadays. This thread is here to spread the message. I have stopped watching LTT only because of that reason.

SPREAD THE MESSAGE! BRING BACK OLD THUMBNAILS!

IF YOU DON'T CARE, DON'T BOTHER TO REPLY.

Edited by NoNamer12345

6 minutes ago, NoNamer12345 said:

-snipping the BS-

no one cares, use the search function and youll find a thread(s) very similar, they have already commented about the thumbnails and they aint changing them 

CPU: Intel9-9900k 5.0GHz at 1.36v  | Cooling: Custom Loop | MOTHERBOARD: ASUS ROG Z370 Maximus X Hero | RAM: CORSAIR 32GB DDR4-3200 VENGEANCE PRO RGB  | GPU: Nvidia RTX 2080Ti | PSU: CORSAIR RM850X + Cablemod modflex white cables | BOOT DRIVE: 250GB SSD Samsung 850 evo | STORAGE: 7.75TB | CASE: Fractal Design Define R6 BLackout | Display: SAMSUNG OLED 34 UW | Keyboard: HyperX Alloy elite RGB |  Mouse: Corsair M65 PRO RGB | OS: Windows 10 Pro | Phone: iPhone 11 Pro Max 256GB

2 minutes ago, GSTARR said:

The majority aren't so sensitive

If you don't care, don't bother to reply. I don't know why anyone isn't getting this simple line.

I do find them childish and rather... How do I say,  not wanting to watch. Thumbnails can say what the video will be about or,  completely not. I still watch,  and plan on to keep watching,  Linus's videos because no matter the thumbnail,  I know that it will be an informative and professionally edited and recorded video. I've watched enough of his videos to know that no matter what that thumbnail or title is,  you'll find me clicking that video. And I'm sure Linus doesn't care that a few people are annoyed by change. Not saying he has no heart, but it's his channel,  he can do what he wants. Not trying to be rude but just saying what I think of this. 

Corsair 4000D RGB

Asus B550 Tuf Gaming II

Asus 7700XT Tuf Gaming

AMD 5600x3d

32gb 3200mhz gskil 

12 minutes ago, NoNamer12345 said:

If you don't care, don't bother to reply. I don't know why anyone isn't getting this simple line.

So you wanna silence a (clear) majority? Don't think that's how democracy works...

That time I saved Linus' WiFi pass from appearing on YouTube: 

A sudden Linus re-appears : http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/390793-important-dailymotion-account-still-active/

The thousands of additional viewers that clickbait thumbanils bring in is a lot more important than your 1 view, so LTT does not care.

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

1 minute ago, MrKickkiller said:

So you wanna silence a (clear) majority? Don't think that's how democracy works...

This is not democracy but,  a child venting his small complaints to try and change something he has no hope of doing. 

Corsair 4000D RGB

Asus B550 Tuf Gaming II

Asus 7700XT Tuf Gaming

AMD 5600x3d

32gb 3200mhz gskil 

2 minutes ago, Enderman said:

The thousands of additional viewers that clickbait thumbanils bring in is a lot more important than your 1 view, so LTT does not care.

They probably do care, but how would you react seeing the results that those thumbnails bring. Every dollar they earn more, possibly goes towards new and more outlandish content / production equipment. (Eg: The new petabyte drive. Can't be cheap)

A sudden Linus re-appears : http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/390793-important-dailymotion-account-still-active/

1 minute ago, MrKickkiller said:

They probably do care, but how would you react seeing the results that those thumbnails bring. Every dollar they earn more, possibly goes towards new and more outlandish content / production equipment. (Eg: The new petabyte drive. Can't be cheap)

No, they do not care about losing one viewer if they gain 10 thousand more, it makes no difference.

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

1 minute ago, Enderman said:

No, they do not care about losing one viewer if they gain 10 thousand more, it makes no difference.

Caring =/= changing. You can care about your fanbase, yet still go forward with the things a minority dislikes about your content. There will always be dislikers.

15 minutes ago, NoNamer12345 said:

So we can only comment if we agree with you? This is a forum, it's open to discussion by definition. If you just want to "spread the message" buy a google ad spot.

The LTT crew know that some people don't like the new thumbnails. They have already said they don't care. Part of what I like about them is that they don't change their way of doing things out of pressure. It's ok to let them know, but honestly if the thumbnail is all you care about in their videos maybe you're better off not watching their content.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

6 minutes ago, Enderman said:

Those bloody you tubers! All they care about is entertaining the majority and not caring about the minority!  How heartless!  Don't tell me it's true,  pls I cant take it...  *gasping for air* no nononononoooo

Corsair 4000D RGB

Asus B550 Tuf Gaming II

Asus 7700XT Tuf Gaming

AMD 5600x3d

32gb 3200mhz gskil 

2 minutes ago, MrKickkiller said:

Caring =/= changing. You can care about your fanbase, yet still go forward with the things a minority dislikes about your content. There will always be dislikers.

I don't think someone who complains and stops watching because they dislike a tiny image on the screen for the 1 second you see it can be called a "fan".

Spoiler

2 minutes ago, Enderman said:

I don't think someone who complains and stops watching because they dislike a tiny image on the screen for the 1 second you see it can be called a "fan".

True, in the end I think they don't care precisely for that reason more than for the views they might gain or lose. After all, it's a minor complaint at best.

On a side note, they seem to have slowed down a bit with the silly faces in the last 10 or so videos.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

"I have stopped watching LTT videos only for that reason"

Why? Because of an image you see for at most 5 seconds before you click to watch the actual video? lmao.

PC - CPU Ryzen 5 1600 - GPU Power Color Radeon 5700XT- Motherboard Gigabyte GA-AB350 Gaming - RAM 16GB Corsair Vengeance RGB - Storage 525GB Crucial MX300 SSD + 120GB Kingston SSD   PSU Corsair CX750M - Cooling Stock - Case White NZXT S340

Peripherals - Mouse Logitech G502 Wireless - Keyboard Logitech G915 TKL  Headset Razer Kraken Pro V2's - Displays 2x Acer 24" GF246(1080p, 75hz, Freesync) Steering Wheel & Pedals Logitech G29 & Shifter

And another one of these threads... should be a sub-forum for these at this rate

CPU: Intel i7 7700K | GPU: ROG Strix GTX 1080Ti | PSU: Seasonic X-1250 (faulty) | Memory: Corsair Vengeance RGB 3200Mhz 16GB | OS Drive: Western Digital Black NVMe 250GB | Game Drive(s): Samsung 970 Evo 500GB, Hitachi 7K3000 3TB 3.5" | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z270x Gaming 7 | Case: Fractal Design Define S (No Window and modded front Panel) | Monitor(s): Dell S2716DG G-Sync 144Hz, Acer R240HY 60Hz (Dead) | Keyboard: G.SKILL RIPJAWS KM780R MX | Mouse: Steelseries Sensei 310 (Striked out parts are sold or dead, awaiting zen2 parts)

Even tho the thumbnails are clickbaity you shouldn't stop watching

Send me pics of dogs, cats or animals

❤️ @Sylvie05

15 minutes ago, Vulrax said:

Even tho the thumbnails are clickbaity you shouldn't stop watching

Maybe LTT doesn't want whiny kids like these watching ;)

Spoiler

Linus has said he hates them too. But they bring more viewers to videos and more viewers = more money.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

1 hour ago, KOMTechAndGaming said:

no one cares, use the search function and youll find a thread(s) very similar, they have already commented about the thumbnails and they aint changing them 

Where are the comments by LTT?

55 minutes ago, BadluckBrian said:

professional

Well to tell you the truth, they are not all that professional if you ask me. They got the basics of telling a story down, intro, ad, explain, summary, ad.

11 minutes ago, LoGiCalDrm said:

Linus has said he hates them too. But they bring more viewers to videos and more viewers = more money.

So Linus is a sellout you are saying?

I agree

13 minutes ago, Enderman said:

kids

That is exactly their demographic, hence the change in broadcasting to click bait, and titles that you got no idea what the video is about.

32 minutes ago, XenosTech said:

should be a sub-forum for these at this rate

Should be sub-forums for many topics, but people dont post in the correct topic section anyway.

14 minutes ago, biker said:

Where are the comments by LTT?

On 20/01/2017 at 10:13 PM, LinusTech said:

We see it this way: 

We we make good content and we want people to watch it. 

For some reason more people watch if we make a silly face in the thumbnail.

So..... I guess we will play the game.

https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/720007-linuss-disturbing-trend-to-clickbait/?page=10

9 minutes ago, biker said:

So Linus is a sellout you are saying?

I agree

Has that ever been even question? He has company with over 13 employees. He has huge warehouse and equipment worth of 50k. If he can get more views with simple optimization, sure thing he will be sellout. Its exactly same reason why news sites do it. Because there are always people who click them.

Floatplane uses very little ALL CAPS CLICKBAIT titles. Because there you are already paying for the content overall. So there's no need to use that kind of tactic.

I personally don't approve using any kind of clickbaits. And won't watch videos based on them.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

Can we all be mature about this and stop making threads on the same topic every other day? Getting tired of the forum being flooded with the same thing,

Intel® Core™ i7-12700 | GIGABYTE B660 AORUS MASTER DDR4 | Gigabyte Radeon™ RX 6650 XT Gaming OC | 32GB Corsair Vengeance® RGB Pro SL DDR4 | Samsung 990 Pro 1TB | WD Green 1.5TB | Windows 11 Pro | NZXT H510 Flow White
Sony MDR-V250 | GNT-500 | Logitech G610 Orion Brown | Logitech G402 | Samsung C27JG5 | ASUS ProArt PA238QR
iPhone 12 Mini (iOS 17.2.1) | iPhone XR (iOS 17.2.1) | iPad Mini (iOS 9.3.5) | KZ AZ09 Pro x KZ ZSN Pro X | Sennheiser HD450bt
Intel® Core™ i7-1265U | Kioxia KBG50ZNV512G | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Enterprise | HP EliteBook 650 G9
Intel® Core™ i5-8520U | WD Blue M.2 250GB | 1TB Seagate FireCuda | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Home | ASUS Vivobook 15 
Intel® Core™ i7-3520M | GT 630M | 16 GB Corsair Vengeance® DDR3 |
Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | macOS Catalina | Lenovo IdeaPad P580