THUMBNAILS ON YT VIDEOS!

access denied
1 minute ago, BlueChinchillaEatingDorito said:

Can we all be mature about this and stop making threads on the same topic every other day? Getting tired of the forum being flooded with the same thing,

Dont mean to be rude but get over it. Atleast there aren't the flooders and spammers with the strange language doing what they do best.

3 minutes ago, BlueChinchillaEatingDorito said:

Getting tired of the forum being flooded with the same thing,

True. 

There's an easy solution to the problem tho.  If they stop with the clickbait thumbnails, people will stop making threads about them.  xD

6 minutes ago, biker said:

Dont mean to be rude but get over it. Atleast there aren't the flooders and spammers with the strange language doing what they do best.

This is pretty much spam because the original poster is not allowing a constructive conversation by effectively telling those who disagree to get lost. The main purpose this thread serves is for the poster to whine and try to look for people that agree with him/her. This is better off as a status update rather than an actual thread as, the poster had no intention of making a meaningful conversation.

Intel® Core™ i7-12700 | GIGABYTE B660 AORUS MASTER DDR4 | Gigabyte Radeon™ RX 6650 XT Gaming OC | 32GB Corsair Vengeance® RGB Pro SL DDR4 | Samsung 990 Pro 1TB | WD Green 1.5TB | Windows 11 Pro | NZXT H510 Flow White
Sony MDR-V250 | GNT-500 | Logitech G610 Orion Brown | Logitech G402 | Samsung C27JG5 | ASUS ProArt PA238QR
iPhone 12 Mini (iOS 17.2.1) | iPhone XR (iOS 17.2.1) | iPad Mini (iOS 9.3.5) | KZ AZ09 Pro x KZ ZSN Pro X | Sennheiser HD450bt
Intel® Core™ i7-1265U | Kioxia KBG50ZNV512G | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Enterprise | HP EliteBook 650 G9
Intel® Core™ i5-8520U | WD Blue M.2 250GB | 1TB Seagate FireCuda | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Home | ASUS Vivobook 15 
Intel® Core™ i7-3520M | GT 630M | 16 GB Corsair Vengeance® DDR3 |
Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | macOS Catalina | Lenovo IdeaPad P580

34 minutes ago, biker said:

Where are the comments by LTT?

on one of the previous threads about this shit that i dont care enough to go find

CPU: Intel9-9900k 5.0GHz at 1.36v  | Cooling: Custom Loop | MOTHERBOARD: ASUS ROG Z370 Maximus X Hero | RAM: CORSAIR 32GB DDR4-3200 VENGEANCE PRO RGB  | GPU: Nvidia RTX 2080Ti | PSU: CORSAIR RM850X + Cablemod modflex white cables | BOOT DRIVE: 250GB SSD Samsung 850 evo | STORAGE: 7.75TB | CASE: Fractal Design Define R6 BLackout | Display: SAMSUNG OLED 34 UW | Keyboard: HyperX Alloy elite RGB |  Mouse: Corsair M65 PRO RGB | OS: Windows 10 Pro | Phone: iPhone 11 Pro Max 256GB

SPAM yes if the OP is doing multiple posts on the same subject within a short period of time.

2 minutes ago, BlueChinchillaEatingDorito said:

The main purpose this thread serves is for the poster to whine and try to look for people that agree with him/her.

That is one purpose of a forum isn't it?

The other to get answers to questions.

3 minutes ago, biker said:

SPAM yes if the OP is doing multiple posts on the same subject within a short period of time.

That is one purpose of a forum isn't it?

The other to get answers to questions.

Unless you have to revive an old thread, it's generally frowned upon to be creating another thread on the same topic of one that already exists. 

Intel® Core™ i7-12700 | GIGABYTE B660 AORUS MASTER DDR4 | Gigabyte Radeon™ RX 6650 XT Gaming OC | 32GB Corsair Vengeance® RGB Pro SL DDR4 | Samsung 990 Pro 1TB | WD Green 1.5TB | Windows 11 Pro | NZXT H510 Flow White
Sony MDR-V250 | GNT-500 | Logitech G610 Orion Brown | Logitech G402 | Samsung C27JG5 | ASUS ProArt PA238QR
iPhone 12 Mini (iOS 17.2.1) | iPhone XR (iOS 17.2.1) | iPad Mini (iOS 9.3.5) | KZ AZ09 Pro x KZ ZSN Pro X | Sennheiser HD450bt
Intel® Core™ i7-1265U | Kioxia KBG50ZNV512G | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Enterprise | HP EliteBook 650 G9
Intel® Core™ i5-8520U | WD Blue M.2 250GB | 1TB Seagate FireCuda | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Home | ASUS Vivobook 15 
Intel® Core™ i7-3520M | GT 630M | 16 GB Corsair Vengeance® DDR3 |
Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | macOS Catalina | Lenovo IdeaPad P580

27 minutes ago, Captain Chaos said:

True. 

There's an easy solution to the problem tho.  If they stop with the clickbait thumbnails, people will stop making threads about them.  xD

They'll find something else to bitch about lol

CPU: Intel i7 7700K | GPU: ROG Strix GTX 1080Ti | PSU: Seasonic X-1250 (faulty) | Memory: Corsair Vengeance RGB 3200Mhz 16GB | OS Drive: Western Digital Black NVMe 250GB | Game Drive(s): Samsung 970 Evo 500GB, Hitachi 7K3000 3TB 3.5" | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z270x Gaming 7 | Case: Fractal Design Define S (No Window and modded front Panel) | Monitor(s): Dell S2716DG G-Sync 144Hz, Acer R240HY 60Hz (Dead) | Keyboard: G.SKILL RIPJAWS KM780R MX | Mouse: Steelseries Sensei 310 (Striked out parts are sold or dead, awaiting zen2 parts)

54 minutes ago, biker said:

That is exactly their demographic, hence the change in broadcasting to click bait, and titles that you got no idea what the video is about.

I think you missed the word that came before "kids".

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

On ‎2‎/‎5‎/‎2017 at 2:00 PM, Sauron said:

So we can only comment if we agree with you? This is a forum, it's open to discussion by definition. If you just want to "spread the message" buy a google ad spot.

The LTT crew know that some people don't like the new thumbnails. They have already said they don't care. Part of what I like about them is that they don't change their way of doing things out of pressure. It's ok to let them know, but honestly if the thumbnail is all you care about in their videos maybe you're better off not watching their content.

You can comment about your opinion. No rude comments here on this thread. Hence why I blocked idiots who would come here and scream at me by saying what I did. I find their thumbnails childish and idiotic and that's why I made this thread.

On ‎2‎/‎5‎/‎2017 at 2:02 PM, Enderman said:

I don't think someone who complains and stops watching because they dislike a tiny image on the screen for the 1 second you see it can be called a "fan".

That tiny image defines the owner of the video. He wouldn't put it there in the first place if he was professional.

On ‎2‎/‎5‎/‎2017 at 2:33 PM, LoGiCalDrm said:

Linus has said he hates them too. But they bring more viewers to videos and more viewers = more money.

Exactly. Once YTers become big, all they care about money.

1 minute ago, NoNamer12345 said:

That tiny image defines the owner of the video. He wouldn't put it there in the first place if he was professional.

Actually no, that tiny image is any image that represents the content of the video in a way that will lure more people into clicking it.

That's why youtube lets you upload any thumbnail rather than picking one directly from the video.

Guess what? It works.

Is it worth losing your view if they get ten thousand other people to watch? Absolutely!

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

1 minute ago, Enderman said:

Actually no, that tiny image is any image that represents the content of the video in a way that will lure more people into clicking it.

That's why youtube lets you upload any thumbnail rather than picking one directly from the video.

Guess what? It works.

Is it worth losing your view if they get ten thousand other people to watch? Absolutely!

That's the thing, they don't care about viewers enjoying them. All they care about is the ad revenue.

That's the thing, they don't care about viewers enjoying them. All they care about is the ad revenue.

It's called a business. The point of a business is to make money so you can pay your 15 employees and feed your wife and 3 kids.

Clearly you're too self-absorbed to understand that you're leeching off of free content without supporting the content creator, so the content creator needs to find ways to make money.

Maybe you're 15 and don't understand how much money life costs, or maybe you're just spoiled and want everything your way (including a tiny image) even if you don't pay for it. Either way, LTT will definitely not be disappointed they lost your view ;)

Spoiler

It's called a business. The point of a business is to make money so you can pay your 15 employees and feed your wife and 3 kids.

Clearly you're too self-absorbed to understand that you're leeching off of free content without supporting the content creator, so the content creator needs to find ways to make money.

Maybe you're 15 and don't understand how much money life costs, or maybe you're just spoiled and want everything your way (including a tiny image) even if you don't pay for it. Either way, LTT will definitely not be disappointed they lost your view ;)

I am sorry, what? I am not the only one who doesn't like those thumbnails. And free? I am sorry its not free. The internet alone costs $70. That's not a huge amount but its still not free.

I am sorry, what? I am not the only one who doesn't like those thumbnails. And free? I am sorry its not free. The internet alone costs $70. That's not a huge amount but its still not free.

1) the vocal majority doesn't like them, which is a very small percentage compared to the millions of additional views that the LTT youtube channel has gotten in the past few months.

2) none of the money you pay the ISP goes to the content creator, it seems like you have trouble understanding how the internet works...

3) just because it costs $70 in your area does not mean it costs $70 everywhere on earth.

Spoiler

3 minutes ago, Enderman said:

1) the vocal majority doesn't like them, which is a very small percentage compared to the millions of additional views that the LTT youtube channel has gotten in the past few months.

2) none of the money you pay the ISP goes to the content creator, it seems like you have trouble understanding how the internet works...

3) just because it costs $70 in your area does not mean it costs $70 everywhere on earth.

You said its free, I said its 70 bucks. And what about every time I click skip ad? Lol think about that. Even though I don't only watch LTT, doesn't mean nothing. A small amout from that 70 bucks goes towards the internet required for watching his videos.

2 minutes ago, NoNamer12345 said:

You said its free, I said its 70 bucks. And what about every time I click skip ad? Lol think about that. Even though I don't only watch LTT, doesn't mean nothing. A small amout from that 70 bucks goes towards the internet required for watching his videos.

The content is free. You do not pay anything to watch LTT videos.

You pay your ISP for access to the internet. That has nothing to do with the content on the internet, the content creator, or their business.

Spoiler

The content is free. You do not pay anything to watch LTT videos.

You pay your ISP for access to the internet. That has nothing to do with the content on the internet, the content creator, or their business.

What about my energy with which I click the skip ad button? Think before you speak, every single view gives LTT money.

What about my energy with which I click the skip ad button? Think before you speak, every single view gives LTT money.

So you think your ISP pays linus because you access the internet??

Ok, clearly you're just trolling at this point. Please stop.

Spoiler

And LTT isn't the only channel with which LMG gains money. Techquickie and ChannelSuperFun channel revenue also goes to them if you didn't forget. And you clearly don't understand about the YT monetization which gets him money. Before I thought the monetization was worth his videos, now I don't. I am sorry but you are defending a channel which has started to clickbait. If I wanted to get clickbaited, I would go watch GTA V YTers.

5 minutes ago, Enderman said:

So you think your ISP pays linus because you access the internet??

Ok, clearly you're just trolling at this point. Please stop.

2 minutes ago, NoNamer12345 said:

And LTT isn't the only channel with which LMG gains money. Techquickie and ChannelSuperFun channel revenue also goes to them if you didn't forget. And you clearly don't understand about the YT monetization which gets him money. Before I thought the monetization was worth his videos, now I don't. I am sorry but you are defending a channel which has started to clickbait. If I wanted to get clickbaited, I would go watch GTA V YTers.

Forgot to quote lol.

Yes, please fill the forums with duplicate threads about how you hate pictures.

s6_a6061ec08db64d1836a8808a9e22c421.gif

-KuJoe

4 minutes ago, KuJoe said:

Yes, please fill the forums with duplicate threads about how you hate pictures.

s6_a6061ec08db64d1836a8808a9e22c421.gif

Wait, what? I am sorry but I didn't mention this before. I have never seen another thread like this one complaining about this topic.