Good Gaming PC Build Under 200USD possible?

Hey , so I was wondering if any of you guys know how to build a under 200USD gaming pc? It doesn't necessarily have to be like a really high end thing . Just a pc that can run most games at above 60 fps.

200? Like two hundred? You sure about that? 

Not unless you buy your parts used, $200 won't get you any kind of new pc that can game. 

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X Heatsink: Gelid Phantom Black GPU: Palit RTX 3060 Ti Dual RAM: Corsair DDR4 2x8GB 3000Mhz mobo: Asus X570-P case: Fractal Design Define C PSU: Superflower Leadex Gold 650W

1 minute ago, herman mcpootis said:

Not unless you buy your parts used, $200 won't get you any kind of new pc that can game. 

wrong only if you buy used 

Try looking at ebay or your local used parts websites and find something like a 1st gen intel quad core or lga 771 xeon/core 2 quad, 8gb of ram and the best gpu you can get.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X Heatsink: Gelid Phantom Black GPU: Palit RTX 3060 Ti Dual RAM: Corsair DDR4 2x8GB 3000Mhz mobo: Asus X570-P case: Fractal Design Define C PSU: Superflower Leadex Gold 650W

2 minutes ago, nerdslayer1 said:

wrong only if you buy used 

Which is why i said "unless you buy your parts used", $200 is abit low for even a normal HTPC.

2 minutes ago, herman mcpootis said:

Which is why i said "unless you buy your parts used", $200 is abit low for even a normal HTPC.

i said it as a joke, and to add to that 200 usd is a bit low for a pc. look for a prebuilt on ebay or save more money. 

Hey here's the problem guys , so I'm from Malaysia and everything costs more , so xD That's why I was looking for a build under 200 but ok.

it can be done why. 

Good luck, Have fun, Build PC, and have a last gen console for use once a year. I should answer most of the time between 9 to 3 PST

NightHawk 3.0: R7 5700x @, B550A vision D, H105, 2x32gb Oloy 3600, Sapphire RX 6700XT  Nitro+, Corsair RM750X, 500 gb 850 evo, 2tb rocket and 5tb Toshiba x300, 2x 6TB WD Black W10 all in a 750D airflow.
GF PC: (nighthawk 2.0): R7 2700x, B450m vision D, 4x8gb Geli 2933, Strix GTX970, CX650M RGB, Obsidian 350D

Skunkworks: R5 3500U, 16gb, 500gb Adata XPG 6000 lite, Vega 8. HP probook G455R G6 Ubuntu 20. LTS

Condor (MC server): 6600K, z170m plus, 16gb corsair vengeance LPX, samsung 750 evo, EVGA BR 450.

Spirt  (NAS) ASUS Z9PR-D12, 2x E5 2620V2, 8x4gb, 24 3tb HDD. F80 800gb cache, trueNAS, 2x12disk raid Z3 stripped

PSU Tier List      Motherboard Tier List     SSD Tier List     How to get PC parts cheap    HP probook 445R G6 review

"Stupidity is like trying to find a limit of a constant. You are never truly smart in something, just less stupid."

Camera Gear: X-S10, 16-80 F4, 60D, 24-105 F4, 50mm F1.4, Helios44-m, 2 Cos-11D lavs

1 minute ago, EasonIDontKnowAnything said:

Hey here's the problem guys , so I'm from Malaysia and everything costs more , so xD That's why I was looking for a build under 200 but ok.

Prices in malaysia probably cost even more than 200$ for the same parts :\ 

Personal build >  New-ish AMD main gaming setup           

PLEASE QUOTE OR @ ME FOR A RESPONSE xD 

7 minutes ago, EasonIDontKnowAnything said:

Hey , so I was wondering if any of you guys know how to build a under 200USD gaming pc? It doesn't necessarily have to be like a really high end thing . Just a pc that can run most games at above 60 fps.

Going that far down would make it really hard, but I believe it's doable. Normally I recommend a refurb prebuilt and an entry level GPU, like this.

https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16883285711

http://www.superbiiz.com/detail.php?name=MSI-750TL2

But that's as low as it goes. $250.

There might be a way to put one together by snatching a good used prebuilt on ebay or similar, but in that case you're a bit on your own. You are of course welcome to ask whether a computer you find used is a good deal or not.

We have a NEW and GLORIOUSER-ER-ER PSU Tier List Now. (dammit @LukeSavenije stop coming up with new ones)

You can check out the old one that gave joy to so many across the land here

Computer having a hard time powering on? Troubleshoot it with this guide. (Currently looking for suggestions to update it into the context of <current year> and make it its own thread)

Computer Specs:

Spoiler

Mathresolvermajig: Intel Xeon E3 1240 (Sandy Bridge i7 equivalent)

Chillinmachine: Noctua NH-C14S
Framepainting-inator: EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2 Hybrid

Attachcorethingy: Gigabyte H61M-S2V-B3

Infoholdstick: Corsair 2x4GB DDR3 1333

Computerarmor: Silverstone RL06 "Lookalike"

Rememberdoogle: 1TB HDD + 120GB TR150 + 240 SSD Plus + 1TB MX500

AdditionalPylons: Phanteks AMP! 550W (based on Seasonic GX-550)

Letterpad: Rosewill Apollo 9100 (Cherry MX Red)

Buttonrodent: Razer Viper Mini + Huion H430P drawing Tablet

Auralnterface: Sennheiser HD 6xx

Liquidrectangles: LG 27UK850-W 4K HDR

2 minutes ago, EasonIDontKnowAnything said:

$200 is still possible if you don't mind used. Try looking at your local forum marketplace or carousell for parts. Can also try taobao.com too, they ship to malaysia and some parts are quite cheap there(cpu, some mobos, maybe psu).

1 minute ago, Megah3rtz said:

Prices in malaysia probably cost even more than 200$ for the same parts :\ 

Yes they do. In general, prices in Malaysia is even higher than Singapore which I already think is insane pricing.

Spoiler

[CPU] i5-4690K @ 4.5GHz with NZXT Kraken X61 [MOBO] Asus Z97-AR [Memory] HyperX Fury 32GB DDR3-1600 [Storage] Samsung 840 EVO 500GB & WD 1TB Black & Hitachi 1TB [GPU] Gigabyte GTX 1080 8GB Xtreme Gaming [Case] Corsair Air 540 [PSU] Cooler Master V1000 [Case Fan] Corsair SP140 LED Fan x 3 & SP120 LED Fan x 3 [Display] Main: Philips 31.5" FULL HD IPS | Side: Philips 28" 4K UHD [Keyboard] Razer Blackwidow Ultimate Stealth Edition [Mouse] Razer Ouroboros [Mouse Pad] Razer Firefly [Sound] BOSE Companion 5 Multimedia Speaker System

3 minutes ago, EasonIDontKnowAnything said:

Ahhhh

Give us your budget in RM and we can give you links to parts in Malaysia :)

We have a NEW and GLORIOUSER-ER-ER PSU Tier List Now. (dammit @LukeSavenije stop coming up with new ones)

Computer having a hard time powering on? Troubleshoot it with this guide. (Currently looking for suggestions to update it into the context of <current year> and make it its own thread)

Computer Specs:

Spoiler

5 minutes ago, EasonIDontKnowAnything said:

But seriously, even if you can find used part and everything to build the PC under USD200, it will not be really that much of a "Good" gaming computer. To be frank, I think even using it for normal administrative office work is not really that ideal or even good.

My advise to you is to save a bit more, roughly and hopefully another 200USD (so in total 400USD or so) then at least your build will be able to play games at 60fps with low or maybe med settings, depending on which games.

Spoiler

[CPU] i5-4690K @ 4.5GHz with NZXT Kraken X61 [MOBO] Asus Z97-AR [Memory] HyperX Fury 32GB DDR3-1600 [Storage] Samsung 840 EVO 500GB & WD 1TB Black & Hitachi 1TB [GPU] Gigabyte GTX 1080 8GB Xtreme Gaming [Case] Corsair Air 540 [PSU] Cooler Master V1000 [Case Fan] Corsair SP140 LED Fan x 3 & SP120 LED Fan x 3 [Display] Main: Philips 31.5" FULL HD IPS | Side: Philips 28" 4K UHD [Keyboard] Razer Blackwidow Ultimate Stealth Edition [Mouse] Razer Ouroboros [Mouse Pad] Razer Firefly [Sound] BOSE Companion 5 Multimedia Speaker System

9 minutes ago, EasonIDontKnowAnything said:

save more money, 400 to 500 would be a safer budget pc without cheapening out on all the parts. i suggest a new psu.

8 minutes ago, Energycore said:

Ahhhh

Give us your budget in RM and we can give you links to parts in Malaysia :)

max I can go is RM 800

3 minutes ago, EasonIDontKnowAnything said:

Hi, I'm from Malaysia too! Which state are you from, btw? As you know, our ringgit is near worthless. My friend has a very cheap second-hand PC under your budget and he wants to sell it. I'll PM you about the details. :) 

My Daily Driver:

Acer Predator Helios 300
»« Intel Core i5-8300H »« 16GB DDR4 RAM »« NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 6 GB »« Silicon Power A60 512 GB M.2 SSD »« 
Toshiba PC L200 1 TB HDD »« Microsoft Windows 10 Home »«

9 minutes ago, EasonIDontKnowAnything said:

max I can go is RM 800

Looks like the best you can do is these two

http://www.lazada.com.my/powerlogic-customise-desktop-pc-computer-refurbished-16501011.html

http://www.lazada.com.my/zotac-gt-730-nvidia-geforce-1gb-video-card-black-1772772.html

3 minutes ago, Freezanator said:

Hi, I'm from Malaysia too! Which state are you from, btw? As you know, our ringgit is near worthless. My friend has a very cheap second-hand PC under your budget and he wants to sell it. I'll PM you about the details. :) 

Or you could do this, it might be better value :)

Computer Specs:

Spoiler

3 minutes ago, Energycore said:

If that psu is a powerlogic psu, he's gonna have an explosive in his rig :P

1 minute ago, herman mcpootis said:

If that psu is a powerlogic psu, he's gonna have an explosive in his rig :P

I know I share the concern, but we're splitting hairs here just to fit a computer that can even think of playing games

Computer Specs:

Spoiler

1 minute ago, Energycore said:

I know I share the concern, but we're splitting hairs here just to fit a computer that can even think of playing games

Yeah i know, but powerlogic's quality is around logisys, i wouldn't feel comfortable with it. Mind if i link some parts from taobao(china's ebay/amazon)?