Dust removing ideas? Compressor, Airbrush ect...leaf blower lol..j/k

Kickflapper

So I use a bunch of "Endust Electronics" multi-purpose compressed air for my work station. I feel like I spend 8.00 USD a month on this stuff and it freezes up. Should I buy a mini air compressor / air brush unit or is there a better solution? Tried hair drier too weak. As always thanks. 

get a sous-vide glass, put your computer in it, 
seal it

don't forget to remove hdd's.

water cool it.

~New~  BoomBerryPi project !  ~New~

new build log : http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/533392-build-log-the-scrap-simulator-x/?p=7078757 (5 screen flight sim for 620$ CAD)LTT Web Challenge is back ! go here  :  http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/448184-ltt-web-challenge-3-v21/#entry601004

1 minute ago, givingtnt said:

get a sous-vide glass, put your computer in it, 
seal it

don't forget to remove hdd's.

water cool it.

also keyboard and working surface. I make models and other things so I need a portable solution

I build and sand things near my computer and want a solution that I can use on multi-surfaces

2 minutes ago, Kickflapper said:

also keyboard and working surface. I make models and other things so I need a portable solution

Glovebox%20With%20Power%20Strip.JPG

~New~  BoomBerryPi project !  ~New~

new build log : http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/533392-build-log-the-scrap-simulator-x/?p=7078757 (5 screen flight sim for 620$ CAD)LTT Web Challenge is back ! go here  :  http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/448184-ltt-web-challenge-3-v21/#entry601004

vaccum cleaner and rubber tips to stop it from making static

idk

1 minute ago, Droidbot said:

vaccum cleaner and rubber tips to stop it from making static

strong enough to be effective? also what kind of rubber tips?

1 minute ago, Kickflapper said:

strong enough to be effective?

my mum owned a cleaning company and had the tips prior, my dad has the tips and we used it to clean his rig. 

managed to clean a fucking dirty intel heatsink and a unmaintained 650Ti in a dirty corner

idk

1 minute ago, Droidbot said:

my mum owned a cleaning company and had the tips prior, my dad has the tips and we used it to clean his rig. 

managed to clean a fucking dirty intel heatsink and a unmaintained 650Ti in a dirty corner

That's different than cleaning out a whole computer.

I say invest in an air compressor.  I use one when a customer brings in an especially dusty computer.  It's a lot cheaper than compressed air (seriously, you're literally paying for a bunch of air), although it takes longer because you have to wait for the compressor to fill up.

Make sure to quote or tag me (@JoostinOnline) or I won't see your response!

PSU Tier List  |  The Real Reason Delidding Improves Temperatures"2K" does not mean 2560×1440 

1 minute ago, JoostinOnline said:

That's different than cleaning out a whole computer.

I say invest in an air compressor.  I use one when a customer brings in an especially dusty computer.  It's a lot cheaper than compressed air (seriously, you're literally paying for a bunch of air), although it takes longer because you have to wait for the compressor to fill up.

pretty much the entire machine. but yeah, an air compressor is better. 

idk

Leaf blower = epic

/s 

:P

COMMUNITY STANDARDS   |   TECH NEWS POSTING GUIDELINES   |   FORUM STAFF

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

Reputation is a Lifetime to create but seconds to destroy.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "to teach is to learn"

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

Used to just use a toothbrush and a vacuum cleaner. Then I used canned air. Then I bought a datavac. Then I returned the datavac and bought an air compressor for less.

Air compressor only cost about as much as 4 cans of air, so...

Only real downside to the compressor is waiting for it to charge. I found that the canned air wasn't strong enough at times, and same for the datavac. Dunno if it was the one I got or what, but the thing only managed to dislodge loose dust, and practically overheated doing so. Not even going to mention how loud the thing was.

Air compressor is just nice to have.

This one is decently priced, and it comes with attachments.

@SageOfSpice You forgot to mention that they're noisy as f*ck when you charge them up xD

PSU Tier List  |  The Real Reason Delidding Improves Temperatures"2K" does not mean 2560×1440 

I use a leaf blower, but remember to remove the fans to clean them manually with a cloth or something. If you run it with the fans in it, you run the risk of wearing out the bearings on the fans.

Well I use a flamethrower. Just one good hit and the dust is gone! :D  I tried a high pressure washer first but that didn't go so well.

Nah, I'm stuck with those cans to but I'm to cheap to buy an air compressor :P

The evolutionist: CPU: i5-2500k 4.5 GHz OC CPU-COOLER: LEPA Aquachanger 240 AIO GPU: AMD RADEON HD 6670* RAM: 2X 4GB DDR3 MB: ASUS P67 Sabertooth Rev. 3 PSU: Cooler Master PSU CASE: Aerocool Strike-X One BOOT DRIVE: OCZ Octane 256GB SSD DATA DRIVE: 1TB Western Digital WDC & 3TB Western Digital WDC OS: Windows 10 Professional x64

*Loaner to replace my recently died ASUS GTX 750Ti-PH-2GD5. May you rest in peace

If you have a pc and you replace all parts of that pc, is it still the same pc?

7 hours ago, tauwtech said:

Well I use a flamethrower. Just one good hit and the dust is gone! :D  I tried a high pressure washer first but that didn't go so well.

When there's nothing left to clean, you're set forever.

7 hours ago, tauwtech said:

Nah, I'm stuck with those cans to but I'm to cheap to buy an air compressor :P

I linked a $40 one above.  That's not too expensive, and you save money in the long run.

Power washer. It will even take care of those pesky metallic spider webs that get stuck to the PCB boards. :P

Sgt. Murphy says, "Never forget that your weapons and equipment were made by the lowest bidder."

18 hours ago, NoLimitCrafting said:

I use a leaf blower, but remember to remove the fans to clean them manually with a cloth or something. If you run it with the fans in it, you run the risk of wearing out the bearings on the fans.

Is this actually a thing though? I could see it with old brush style motors, but given the consideration that fans are perfectly happy humming away at 1500+ rpm 24/7, I'm not sure I see how it could cause any excessive wear given the brief period in which it would be spinning. Sending current back down the lines isn't an issue either, as they have protection circuits...

Well, I guess I know what I'm doing tomorrow. I've got a few willing sacrifices. I've just never had a fan die from having been spun too quickly. I've had entire blades snap off due to excess air pressure, but never die.

10 hours ago, JoostinOnline said:

When there's nothing left to clean, you're set forever.

I linked a $40 one above.  That's not too expensive, and you save money in the long run.

That actually looks like a good one but they have to ship it to the Netherlands for me so I think that would bump up the price quite a bit. But we surely must have comparable compressors here. I might even have one already.

Just before the year came to an end the year 2016 took another one... My cars front right tire. And because Fiat is cheaping out I didn't have a spare. No I had a "repair kit" which sucks basically but it came with a 12V compressor which can inflate a flat tyre. Maybe worth a shot.

The evolutionist: CPU: i5-2500k 4.5 GHz OC CPU-COOLER: LEPA Aquachanger 240 AIO GPU: AMD RADEON HD 6670* RAM: 2X 4GB DDR3 MB: ASUS P67 Sabertooth Rev. 3 PSU: Cooler Master PSU CASE: Aerocool Strike-X One BOOT DRIVE: OCZ Octane 256GB SSD DATA DRIVE: 1TB Western Digital WDC & 3TB Western Digital WDC OS: Windows 10 Professional x64

*Loaner to replace my recently died ASUS GTX 750Ti-PH-2GD5. May you rest in peace

If you have a pc and you replace all parts of that pc, is it still the same pc?