Valve ignores the community of its most popular game!!!

**UPDATE**

The issue has been resolved and Valve has answered the community and rectified all of the issues.:D

Diretide is a haloween event for Valve's most popular game Dota 2, it was announced last year in 2012 when the game was still in beta as an annual event but this year 31st of oct came and went,  and valve didnt even bother to say for themseles that diretide  is cancelled,  isntead they patched in more microtransaction cosmetic items, the community replied,  by spamming most famous facebook channels like Barrack Obama's

1000607_1375528172685796_621899252_n.png

and Volvoglobalcars

1395255_1375533896018557_2035002819_n.pn

1385796_1375530052685608_747524587_n.png

(Valve is comically called Volvo when they community doesnt like it), with this message

"༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Give DIRETIDE", it seems even volvo cars responded beter than Valve,  they posted on their fb page a trick or treat image for the spammers and said "Valve hats are good but it seems the community wants Diretide", and they even replied @TobiWandota on twitter saying that "Volvo hasnt missed that everyone wants Diretide but is @dota2 listening?"

1381745_1375557689349511_171735005_n.jpg

And someone event went as far as calling Volvo's delearship at Seattle and asking about Diretide

http://www.gtspirit.com/2013/11/02/volvo-blamed-for-gamers-halloween-misfortune/

http://www.forbes.com/sites/insertcoin/2013/11/02/valve-forgot-diretide-halloween-and-dota-2-fans-are-not-pleased/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DLUzzTQIwbY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0B77xmQuSnU

So a bunch of small kids is spamming Facebook because they don't get what they want? What's new?

So a bunch of small kids is spamming Facebook because they don't get what they want? What'if it were a bunch of small kids it would be that big of a news but amongs the player base of around 6.5 million, average player age is 20+, and its also the elderly ones who are most angry for valve being silent.........the kids probably don't care at all....

SHOCK! It's not a perfect world? 

What is going happen????

j01cs.jpg

i5 4670K | ASUS Z87 Gryphon | EVGA GTX 780 Classified | Kingston HyperX black 16GB |  Kingston HyperX 3K 120GB SSD | Seagate Barracude 3TB - RAID 1 | Silverstone Strider Plus 750W 80Plus Silver | CoolerMaster Hyper 212X | Fractal Design Define Mini 

So why repost this topic...

Desktop: Intel i5-3570K (stock) | Asus Sabertooth Z77 | G.Skill RipJaw 16GB 1600MHz | Samsung 840 120GB | EVGA GTX 680 SC+ 2GB | Fractal Design R4 | Windows 8 Pro (soon to have dual boot Mac OS X)

Retina Macbook Pro : Intel i7-3840QM | 16GB 1600 MHz | 256GB SSD | Nvidia GT 650M 1GB | Mac OS X 10.8.5

So a bunch of small kids is spamming Facebook because they don't get what they want? What'if it were a bunch of small kids it would be that big of a news but amongs the player base of around 6.5 million, average player age is 20+, and its also the elderly ones who are most angry for valve being silent.........the kids probably don't care at all....

If they were grown up, they wouldn't be spamming... (unless you're getting paid for it).

Valve ignores the community of its most popular game

half life 3?

Half Life 3 is an unreleased game,  Dota2 however has 600000 active users atleast almost throughout the day, they gave haloween events for games i didnt know existed, and just said a big NOPE to Dota 2,  right aftter making tons of money through one of their micrtransactions called "The Compendium"

If they were grown up, they wouldn't be spamming... (unless you're getting paid for it).

I agree its not a thing for grown ups to spam channels, but i wonder how childish it is for Valve to still remain silent after all this chaos, atleast one of the dev.dota2 members should have officially adrressed the community dont u think?

Shut up. You posted this yesterday. Diretide didn't happen and isn't going to happen. Christmas is right around the corner. They're probably planning for a Christmas event.

Desktop: Intel i5-3570K (stock) | Asus Sabertooth Z77 | G.Skill RipJaw 16GB 1600MHz | Samsung 840 120GB | EVGA GTX 680 SC+ 2GB | Fractal Design R4 | Windows 8 Pro (soon to have dual boot Mac OS X)

Retina Macbook Pro : Intel i7-3840QM | 16GB 1600 MHz | 256GB SSD | Nvidia GT 650M 1GB | Mac OS X 10.8.5

So a bunch of small kids is spamming Facebook because they don't get what they want? What's new?

laugh all you want but Volvo, Forbes, and a tonne of other websites are all talking about it. Its blown up, its everywhere and it got the issue a lot of exposure. More than I can say for most campaigns of its kind

Never trust a man, who, when left alone with a tea cosey... Doesn't try it on. Billy Connolly
Marriage is a wonderful invention: then again, so is a bicycle repair kit. Billy Connolly
Before you judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares? He's a mile away and you've got his shoes. Billy Connolly

Shut up. You posted this yesterday. Diretide didn't happen and isn't going to happen. Christmas is right around the corner. They're probably planning for a Christmas event.

Are you angry at me just because i posted it on the news section because i want to hear Linus has to say about it since he thinks Valve is awesome?

Its even been shown in some of the news channels and is a tpic even at Forbes so whats the "Shut Up" about?

I actually laughed. No wonder the government wants to censor the web.

Intel i5 6600k~Asus Maximus VIII Hero~G.Skill Ripjaws 4 Series 8GB DDR4-3200 CL-16~Sapphire Radeon R9 Fury Tri-X~Phanteks Enthoo Pro M~Sandisk Extreme Pro 480GB~SeaSonic Snow Silent 750~BenQ XL2730Z QHD 144Hz FreeSync~Cooler Master Seidon 240M~Varmilo VA87M (Cherry MX Brown)~Corsair Vengeance M95~Oppo PM-3~Windows 10 Pro~http://pcpartpicker.com/p/ynmBnQ

Because you posted it twice and you're complaining about an event.

A company doesn't have to do anything.

They never announced Diretide 2013. They never committed for it. They do what they want, when they want. 

And honestly, who cares? 6.79 was a bigger update than any event has ever been. 

dota and everything like it are shit anyways

-The Bellerophon- Obsidian 550D-i5-3570k@4.5Ghz -Asus Sabertooth Z77-16GB Corsair Dominator Platinum 1866Mhz-x2 EVGA GTX 760 Dual FTW 4GB-Creative Sound Blaster XF-i Titanium-OCZ Vertex Plus 120GB-Seagate Barracuda 2TB- https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/60154-the-not-really-a-build-log-build-log/ Twofold http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/121043-twofold-a-dual-itx-system/ How great is EVGA? http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/110662-evga-how-great-are-they/#entry1478299

Heard Valve dont give a sh*t about Facec*ck... Most popular and known game by Valve is Half Life. Dota is popular because its free...

Im gonna side with console peasants here - some PC gamers are f*cktards...

<p>Eryi's Action Rule#2 - "Dont jump on the green mushroom"

Ministry of StopIt!

Valve are free to do what they want no sense crying over it

Like E-Sports? Check out the E-Sports forum for competitive click click pew pew

Like Anime? Check out Heaven Society the forums local Anime club

I was only living because it was too much trouble to die.

R9 7950x | RTX4090

Oh no! Valve started a Riot.... Leagues is better

see what i did there?

Case: CM Storm Trooper I CPU: 4770k @4.5ghz I Cpu cooler: H110 I RAM: G.Skill Sniper 16gb 2400mhz I GPU: Sapphire 7970 OC I Mobo: Msi gd65 I PSU: Corsair rm 750w I KEYBOARD: Cm Storm Trigger cherry mx blue I MOUSE: Corsair m65 I MONITORS: ASUS VG248QE 24" 144Hz and Acer X223W 22" 60hz I AUDIO: Corsair vengeance 1500

They never announced Diretide 2013. They never committed for it.

People expect holiday events from Valve because they're used to it. I don't even care about the holiday events but I heard someone say Valve said it would be annual. I have no source to back that up and I haven't looked because I don't really care.

What I do care about is how little Valve has responded to anything Dota related with the community.

You are unnecessarily aggressive. & yes no one cares about dota, it will never be as successful as league of legends.

+

It's valve. they've got more on their plate then pleasing a bunch of little kids who want an event.

Heaven's Society - Like Anime? Check us Out Here!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The entitlement of the latest generation is too damn high!  No wonder governments want to sensor the internet, we have idiots like this out there...

| Currently no gaming rig | Dell XPS 13 (9343) |

| Samsung Galaxy Note5 | Gear VR | Nvidia Shield Tab | Xbox One |

This topic is like saying no news is news.... It wasn't announced, it didn't happen, who cares. Play Battlefield 4 instead like the rest of the world.

CPU:i7 5930k @4.5 Mobo:x99 Deluxe RAM:32gb Corsair @2800 GPU: SLI EVGA Titan X Case: Corsair 900D Storage: 6x 4TB Seagate SSHD(raid5), 2x500gb Samsung 850 Evo Raid0 PSU: Corsair ax1500i Audio: Asus Essence STX

Because you posted it twice and you're complaining about an event.

A company doesn't have to do anything.

They never announced Diretide 2013. They never committed for it. They do what they want, when they want. 

Diretide was called as an Annual event officially, and 6.79 imo was just a big pile of trash that has no reason to exist.....

You are unnecessarily aggressive. & yes no one cares about dota, it will never be as successful as league of legends.

+

It's valve. they've got more on their plate then pleasing a bunch of little kids who want an event.

Oh ok LOL guy here, no point talking to you.......