AMD Announces 'FreeSync 2'

HKZeroFive
43 minutes ago, patrickjp93 said:

I'm normally above being this vindictive, but the idea you think that matters proves you don't have a clue about the rendering pipeline and don't realize it's meaningless.

You should apply to RTG and teach those fools how to design hardware then. Obviously their engineers got no clue. Or you could stick to what you are good at, eg software, and leave hardware design to those who actually know what they are doing.

Just now, patrickjp93 said:

Yes and no. And no, the 4000 series also had bugged, useless "support" for it. ATI had a ton of bravado and no real substance. Nvidia got there first with Fermi in a completely bug-free scenario.

Hmm moving goalposts and baseless claims about "bugs", what ever it takes I guess.

Fermi wasn't first either.

NVIDIA Geforce graphics cards have offered 10-bit per color out to a full screen Direct X surface since the Geforce 200 series GPUs.

http://nvidia.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/3011/~/10-bit-per-color-support-on-nvidia-geforce-gpus

Close enough to not matter, but not first.

Plus a statement clearly made by someone who didn't use GPUs pre GeForce 8800 series.

http://hothardware.com/reviews/ati-radeon-x1900-xtx-and-crossfire-r580-is-here?page=11

2 minutes ago, Prysin said:

You should apply to RTG and teach those fools how to design hardware then. Obviously their engineers got no clue. Or you could stick to what you are good at, eg software, and leave hardware design to those who actually know what they are doing.

You're the only one between us thinking this is about hardware.

Software Engineer for Suncorp (Australia), Computer Tech Enthusiast, Miami University Graduate, Nerd

Just now, leadeater said:

Hmm moving goalposts and baseless claims about "bugs", what ever it takes I guess.

Fermi wasn't first either.

http://nvidia.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/3011/~/10-bit-per-color-support-on-nvidia-geforce-gpus

Close enough to not matter, but not first.

Plus a statement clearly made by someone who didn't use GPUs pre GeForce 8800 series.

http://hothardware.com/reviews/ati-radeon-x1900-xtx-and-crossfire-r580-is-here?page=11

Nope, the goalposts are where they started. The 3000 and 4000 series both had unfixable bugs which made their 10-bit support unworkable.

And yes, Fermi was first.

Software Engineer for Suncorp (Australia), Computer Tech Enthusiast, Miami University Graduate, Nerd

10 minutes ago, Prysin said:

Slim is 16nm TSMC FinFet , also has a power draw reduction.

Finally you say something reasonable.

1 minute ago, patrickjp93 said:

And yes, Fermi was first.

So you disagree with nvidia's own knowledge base article?

1 minute ago, leadeater said:

No. I disagree with your biased interpretation of it.

4 minutes ago, leadeater said:

380097881_90da9e71f1.jpg

seriously , you yourself told me that arguing w/ Patrick is pointless as he will never admit hes wrong

RyzenAir : AMD R5 3600 | AsRock AB350M Pro4 | 32gb Aegis DDR4 3000 | GTX 1070 FE | Fractal Design Node 804
RyzenITX : Ryzen 7 1700 | GA-AB350N-Gaming WIFI | 16gb DDR4 2666 | GTX 1060 | Cougar QBX 

PSU Tier list

1 minute ago, Space Reptile said:

seriously , you yourself told me that arguing w/ Patrick is pointless as he will never admit hes wrong

Yea sorry couldn't help myself. I'll stop. Didn't have much else to do clearly this was not the best choice of things to do.

1 minute ago, djdwosk97 said:

@leadeater the fire is already roaring, a bit more couldn't hurt.... Maybe :S

Not really a good idea, there are comments that need to be hidden as it is so we don't need more. I can't (don't moderate threads you're part of) plus I've already reported myself so at this point I'm going to bed.

9 minutes ago, leadeater said:

plus I've already reported myself so at this point I'm going to bed.

10/10 Mod of the Year -IGN :P

On topic, how is this supposed to reduce the latency with HDR..?