Razer vs Corsair

AWinchester
Go to solution Solved by aisle9,

Well, Corsair keyboards use genuine Cherry switches on top of high quality components with a rock-solid reputation that will last you forever.

Razer takes the same Kailh switches that you get with your $30 eBay Special, but paints them green and charges you three to five times as much. Oh, then the board breaks in a year, but you're screwed, because Razer's customer support and willingness to stand behind their two-year warranty is legen...wait for it...darily bad.

Buy Corsair. Or Rosewill. Or G.Skill. Or Logitech. Or, hell, Number Six Chinese Keyboard Factory. They probably use the exact same Kailh switches as Razer, but their board costs $30 and will last a couple of years before it inexplicably just dies.

Hey guys

after doing extensive research and basically hitting up every other tech forum i could find 

i now pose the question

Razer Blackwidow X Chroma Vs Corsair K70 Lux RGB (Blue Switches)

my question is more with regards to lighting capabilities, lighting execution, customer support longevity, quality etc as i have a friend who owns both keyboards (for some reason) and i feel comfortable on both the green and blue switch

thoughts??? 

Just now, AWinchester said:

Hey guys

after doing extensive research and basically hitting up every other tech forum i could find 

i now pose the question

Razer Blackwidow X Chroma Vs Corsair K70 Lux RGB (Blue Switches)

my question is more with regards to lighting capabilities, customer support longevity, quality etc as i have a friend who owns both keyboards (for some reason) and i feel comfortable on both the green and blue switch

thoughts??? 

I personally use the K70 RGB and love it. The lighting is awesome, the customer support is awesome, and it's a very sturdy keyboard. I use it with MX Reds switches. I highly recommend it.

Both are of good quality, corsair cue (how the lighting is controlled) is wonky for some but my general opinion is Corsair > Razer

Spoiler

System

CPU i5 6600k -- Motherboard ROG Maximus VIII Gene

RAM 16gb DDR4 LPX Vengence 3000 -- GPU MSI GTX 1080 Sea Hawk

Case Corsair 350D w/ Corsair Commander Mini and Lighting

Storage 2x 2tb Hitatchi 3.5" & 240gb Samsung 850 EVO

PSU Corsair RM750i -- Display Dell U3415W 34" 3440 x 1440p

Cooling CPU: H100i v2 & GPU: H75 -- Keyboard Corsair K65 RGB

Mouse Logitech Proteus g502 -- Sound Sennheiser 363d

Operating System Windows 10 Pro

Corsair. CORSAIR.

Razer KBs are disliked by most and hated by almost all the rest.

Greens are loud and irritating, while Blues are loud but satisfying. I also find the lights on Razer KBs to be not as vibrant or consistent across keys.

I really love my Strafe, so I don't see a reason why the K70 wouldn't be an amazing experience as well :)

-----> Official Unofficial Favorite Keyswitch Type Survey <-----

OWNER OF THE FASTEST INTEL iGPU ON LTT UNIGINE SUPERPOSITION [lol]

GAMING RIG "SNOWBLIND"

CPU i5-13600k | COOLING Corsair H150i Elite Capellix 360mm (White) | MOTHERBOARD Gigabyte Z690 Aero G DDR4 | GPU Gigabyte RTX 3070 Vision OC (White) | RAM  16GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB (White)SSD Samsung 980 Pro 1TB | PSU ASUS STRIX 850W (White)CASE  Phanteks G360a (White) | HEADPHONES  Beyerdynamic DT990 Pro | KEYBOARD Zoom75 (KTT Strawberry w/ GMK British Racing Green keycaps) | MOUSE  Cooler Master MM711 (White) MONITOR HP X32 1440p 165hz IPS

WORK RIG "OVERPRICED BRICK"

Mac Studio (M2 Ultra / 128GB / 1TB) | HEADPHONES  AirPods Pro 2 | KEYBOARD Logitech MX Mechanical Mini | MOUSE  Logitech MX Master 3S MONITOR 2x Dell 4K 32"

SECONDARY RIG "ALCATRAZ"

CPU i7-4770K OC @ 4.3GHz | COOLING Cryorig M9i (review| MOTHERBOARD ASUS Z87-PROGPU Gigabyte 1650 Super Windforce OC | RAM  16GB Crucial Ballistix Sport DDR3 1600 MHzSSD Samsung 860 Evo 512GB | HDD Toshiba 3TB 7200RPMPSU EVGA SuperNOVA NEX 750WCASE  NZXT H230 | HEADPHONES  Sony WH-1000XM3  | KEYBOARD Corsair STRAFE - Cherry MX Brown | MOUSE  Logitech G602 MONITOR LG 34UM58-P 34" Ultrawide

HOLA NIGHT THEMERS

GET YOUR ASS ON NIGHT THEME

OTHER TECH I OWN:

MacBook Pro 16" [M1 Pro/32GB/1TB] | 2022 Volkswagen GTI | iPhone 14 Pro | Sony a6000 | Apple Watch Series 8 45mm | 2018 MBP 15" | Lenovo Flex 3 [i7-5500U, HD5500 (fastest on the forum), 8GB RAM, 256GB Samsung 840 Evo] | PS5, Xbox One & Nintendo Switch [Home Theater setup] | DJI Phantom 3 Standard | AirPods 2 | Jaybird Freedom (two pairs) & X2 [long story, PM if you want to know why I have 3 pairs of Jaybirds]

Logitech is the better choice of the two.

Cor Caeruleus Reborn v6

Spoiler

CPU: Intel - Core i7-8700K

CPU Cooler: be quiet! - PURE ROCK 
Thermal Compound: Arctic Silver - 5 High-Density Polysynthetic Silver 3.5g Thermal Paste 
Motherboard: ASRock Z370 Extreme4
Memory: G.Skill TridentZ RGB 2x8GB 3200/14
Storage: Samsung - 850 EVO-Series 500GB 2.5" Solid State Drive 
Storage: Samsung - 960 EVO 500GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive
Storage: Western Digital - Blue 2TB 3.5" 5400RPM Internal Hard Drive
Storage: Western Digital - BLACK SERIES 3TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive
Video Card: EVGA - 970 SSC ACX (1080 is in RMA)
Case: Fractal Design - Define R5 w/Window (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case
Power Supply: EVGA - SuperNOVA P2 750W with CableMod blue/black Pro Series
Optical Drive: LG - WH16NS40 Blu-Ray/DVD/CD Writer 
Operating System: Microsoft - Windows 10 Pro OEM 64-bit and Linux Mint Serena
Keyboard: Logitech - G910 Orion Spectrum RGB Wired Gaming Keyboard
Mouse: Logitech - G502 Wired Optical Mouse
Headphones: Logitech - G430 7.1 Channel  Headset
Speakers: Logitech - Z506 155W 5.1ch Speakers

Well, Corsair keyboards use genuine Cherry switches on top of high quality components with a rock-solid reputation that will last you forever.

Razer takes the same Kailh switches that you get with your $30 eBay Special, but paints them green and charges you three to five times as much. Oh, then the board breaks in a year, but you're screwed, because Razer's customer support and willingness to stand behind their two-year warranty is legen...wait for it...darily bad.

Buy Corsair. Or Rosewill. Or G.Skill. Or Logitech. Or, hell, Number Six Chinese Keyboard Factory. They probably use the exact same Kailh switches as Razer, but their board costs $30 and will last a couple of years before it inexplicably just dies.

Aerocool DS are the best fans you've never tried.

Try them both out before buying.  I am partial to Cherry MX switches and like the look of Corsair K70 keyboards so I went with the Corsair.  I actually bought two.  I first bought a K70 with Cherry MX Blue but it kept the family up at night.  I then switched to a K70 RGB with Cherry MX Browns. This is a very subjective area so you may get all sorts of responses.

44 minutes ago, ARikozuM said:

Logitech is the better choice of the two.

that is what im upgrading from (or in your opinion downgrading??) as the romer g just didnt feel satisfying enough for me so im giving it to my brother and buying different board

2 minutes ago, AWinchester said:

that is what im upgrading from (or in your opinion downgrading??) as the romer g just didnt feel satisfying enough for me so im giving it to my brother and buying different board

I love Romer-G and upgraded from the G710 Cherry MX Blue. If you want me to vote on one of your choices, I'll go for (as much as it pains me) the Corsair K70 as I've used it.

I didn't like the software, but things may be different for you.

Cor Caeruleus Reborn v6

Spoiler

Thermal Compound: Arctic Silver - 5 High-Density Polysynthetic Silver 3.5g Thermal Paste 

1 minute ago, ARikozuM said:

I love Romer-G and upgraded from the G710 Cherry MX Blue. If you want me to vote on one of your choices, I'll go for (as much as it pains me) the Corsair K70 as I've used it.

I didn't like the software, but things may be different for you.

appreciate the opinion :)

so the general consensus is all hail Corsair and to the devil with Razer i'll assume????????

1 minute ago, AWinchester said:

so the general consensus is all hail Corsair

NEVER!!!

1 minute ago, AWinchester said:

and to the devil with Razer i'll assume????????

ALWAYS!!!

Cor Caeruleus Reborn v6

Spoiler

25 minutes ago, ARikozuM said:

NEVER!!!

uhh whats up with the never part other brand preference????

41 minutes ago, AWinchester said:

if you're interested Logitech offers the G610 Orion full-size keyboard that comes in MX Brown or Red switches. sadly this does not have RGB backlighting, only white LEDs. the Romer-G variant is RGB. but, the plus side to both of these is the minimal design 

19 minutes ago, AWinchester said:

uhh whats up with the never part other brand preference????

Logitech is my go-to. I like Corsair, but I've never had a completely good experience with Razer products (KB/M, not headsets, mics, or laptops) in my professional or casual use.

Cor Caeruleus Reborn v6

Spoiler

Am I the only one in here who genuinely feel Razer stuff is ugly? I would go with Corsair at least their value ram is great xD
I went with Kolke which isn't a huge brand but their product is great for a lower cost, I am more than satisfied, however if I had extra money to spend I am pretty sure I would go with Logitech.

Personal Desktop":

CPU: Intel Core i7 10700K @5ghz |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock Pro 4 |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Z490UD ATX|~| RAM: 16gb DDR4 3333mhzCL16 G.Skill Trident Z |~| GPU: RX 6900XT Sapphire Nitro+ |~| PSU: Corsair TX650M 80Plus Gold |~| Boot:  SSD WD Green M.2 2280 240GB |~| Storage: 1x3TB HDD 7200rpm Seagate Barracuda + SanDisk Ultra 3D 1TB |~| Case: Fractal Design Meshify C Mini |~| Display: Toshiba UL7A 4K/60hz |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro.

Luna, the temporary Desktop:

CPU: AMD R9 7950XT  |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock 4 Pro |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Aorus Master |~| RAM: 32G Kingston HyperX |~| GPU: AMD Radeon RX 7900XTX (Reference) |~| PSU: Corsair HX1000 80+ Platinum |~| Windows Boot Drive: 2x 512GB (1TB total) Plextor SATA SSD (RAID0 volume) |~| Linux Boot Drive: 500GB Kingston A2000 |~| Storage: 4TB WD Black HDD |~| Case: Cooler Master Silencio S600 |~| Display 1 (leftmost): Eizo (unknown model) 1920x1080 IPS @ 60Hz|~| Display 2 (center): BenQ ZOWIE XL2540 1920x1080 TN @ 240Hz |~| Display 3 (rightmost): Wacom Cintiq Pro 24 3840x2160 IPS @ 60Hz 10-bit |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro (games / art) + Linux (distro: NixOS; programming and daily driver)

2 hours ago, AWinchester said:

so the general consensus is all hail Corsair and to the devil with Razer i'll assume????????

Thats mostly the fourm yes, a circlejerk towards corsair

Though only small amount of people give other brands like

Ducky

MAX

vortex

Happy Hacking

Leopold

23 hours ago, aisle9 said:

1 Razer takes the same Kailh switches that you get with your $30 eBay Special, but paints them green 

2 charges you three to five times as much

1. No not really, they are slightly modified and now Razer builds them.

2. yup

-----> Official Unofficial Favorite Keyswitch Type Survey <-----

OWNER OF THE FASTEST INTEL iGPU ON LTT UNIGINE SUPERPOSITION [lol]

GAMING RIG "SNOWBLIND"

CPU i5-13600k | COOLING Corsair H150i Elite Capellix 360mm (White) | MOTHERBOARD Gigabyte Z690 Aero G DDR4 | GPU Gigabyte RTX 3070 Vision OC (White) | RAM  16GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB (White)SSD Samsung 980 Pro 1TB | PSU ASUS STRIX 850W (White)CASE  Phanteks G360a (White) | HEADPHONES  Beyerdynamic DT990 Pro | KEYBOARD Zoom75 (KTT Strawberry w/ GMK British Racing Green keycaps) | MOUSE  Cooler Master MM711 (White) MONITOR HP X32 1440p 165hz IPS

WORK RIG "OVERPRICED BRICK"

Mac Studio (M2 Ultra / 128GB / 1TB) | HEADPHONES  AirPods Pro 2 | KEYBOARD Logitech MX Mechanical Mini | MOUSE  Logitech MX Master 3S MONITOR 2x Dell 4K 32"

SECONDARY RIG "ALCATRAZ"

CPU i7-4770K OC @ 4.3GHz | COOLING Cryorig M9i (review| MOTHERBOARD ASUS Z87-PROGPU Gigabyte 1650 Super Windforce OC | RAM  16GB Crucial Ballistix Sport DDR3 1600 MHzSSD Samsung 860 Evo 512GB | HDD Toshiba 3TB 7200RPMPSU EVGA SuperNOVA NEX 750WCASE  NZXT H230 | HEADPHONES  Sony WH-1000XM3  | KEYBOARD Corsair STRAFE - Cherry MX Brown | MOUSE  Logitech G602 MONITOR LG 34UM58-P 34" Ultrawide

HOLA NIGHT THEMERS

GET YOUR ASS ON NIGHT THEME

OTHER TECH I OWN:

MacBook Pro 16" [M1 Pro/32GB/1TB] | 2022 Volkswagen GTI | iPhone 14 Pro | Sony a6000 | Apple Watch Series 8 45mm | 2018 MBP 15" | Lenovo Flex 3 [i7-5500U, HD5500 (fastest on the forum), 8GB RAM, 256GB Samsung 840 Evo] | PS5, Xbox One & Nintendo Switch [Home Theater setup] | DJI Phantom 3 Standard | AirPods 2 | Jaybird Freedom (two pairs) & X2 [long story, PM if you want to know why I have 3 pairs of Jaybirds]

1 hour ago, Shiv78 said:

1. No not really, they are slightly modified and now Razer builds them.

I've read that on here a couple times, but never seen anything to confirm it. Is there anything out there definitively stating that Razer produces their own switches now?

Not that it matters. They're just Kailh clones if they do. Knockoffs of a knockoff that cost more than the original. Amazing. F Razer.

Aerocool DS are the best fans you've never tried.