Head of Computer Vision at Oculus VR arrested in Child Sex Sting

coasterghost

Dov Katz, head of the computer vision and machine learning group at Facebook-owned Oculus, has been charged in King County for attempted commercial sexual abuse of a minor. The 38-year-old tech exec allegedly attempted to contact what he believed to be was a 15-year-old girl for sex.

Sources: http://www.geekwire.com/2016/oculus-engineering-leader-arrested-near-seattle-charged-soliciting-sex-cop-posing-15-year-old-girl/

http://www.king5.com/news/crime/facebook-exec-caught-in-underage-sex-sting/377498033

https://techcrunch.com/2016/12/26/oculus-engineer-dov-katz-arrested-in-sting-after-allegedly-soliciting-sex-from-a-15-year-old-girl/

While I don't watch the VR that much at the moment for not being properly equipped for it. I am sure that this will be a loss for the Oculus VR team especially for the calibration for VR patent he holds, but I am expecting to see Oculus and Facebook distance themselves and release him from his position. However I don't agree with what he did, but it would hurt sales if they keep him especially if he is found guilty or further information comes out that he did it in the past.

oh wow

Wishing leads to ambition and ambition leads to motivation and motivation leads to me building an illegal rocket ship in my backyard.

i'm always really curious of the whole story behind stuff like this, i know we will never know but his explanation isn't that unlikely, its more likely that he was there for the deed but you know, its still posible. and if he was going to do the deed, how was his psychic state during the drive towards it? internal conflict? is he actually an ephebophile? These people are always forced to live stigmatized to shit so proper research into them is really really fucking hard.

43 minutes ago, tlink said:

i'm always really curious of the whole story behind stuff like this, i know we will never know but his explanation isn't that unlikely, its more likely that he was there for the deed but you know, its still posible. and if he was going to do the deed, how was his psychic state during the drive towards it? internal conflict? is he actually an ephebophile? These people are always forced to live stigmatized to shit so proper research into them is really really fucking hard.

Have you not read the transcript? He was there for one thing and one thing only, he knew where, when and why and quite honesly I hope they stick him in a cell with a homosexual who has a 16" dick and loves to rape his cell mates.

Fucking pedos, nothing gets me more angry.

Main Rig:-

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Server:-

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

5 minutes ago, Misanthrope said:

This is alarming and I hope it's just a misunderstanding so we should wait and see what is the deal.

Read the transcript between him and the police officer.

She told him she was only 15 and he responded to that news by trying to force her into doing it without condoms by saying he (the adult who was driving to her) couldn't get any so if she didn't then they'd have to go without.

screen-shot-2016-12-23-at-4-36-34-pm.png

screen-shot-2016-12-23-at-4-38-19-pm.png

He knew exactly what he was doing, its no misunderstanding.

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

Well at least it was one of those 15 yr old stings and not something worse, frankly I place that in a different category though the law does not care underage is underage.

https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/631048-psu-tier-list-updated/ Tier Breakdown (My understanding)--1 Godly, 2 Great, 3 Good, 4 Average, 5 Meh, 6 Bad, 7 Awful

5 minutes ago, Master Disaster said:

Have you not read the transcript? He was there for one thing and one thing only, he knew where, when and why and quite honesly I hope they stick him in a cell with a homosexual who has a 16" dick and loves to rape his cell mates.

Fucking pedos, nothing gets me more angry.

I wouldn't call statutory rapist "pedos". It's a tricky subject but we where all horny 15 year olds once. It's still a crime, it's still taking advantage of a stupid teenager, he still should go to jail if guilty. But to me there's a large difference between someone who abuses his position as an adult to fuck with a teen and someone who is honestly attracted to prepubescent, under developed kids.

-------

Current Rig

-------

4 minutes ago, Master Disaster said:

Read the transcript between him and the police officer.

Police never lie or manipulate interviews and transfers? No we have a court system that evaluates the evidence police generates for a reason: I do not just trust whatever the police says if their case is legitimate and there's no foul play I'll be glad to condemn him after this transcript is submitted as evidence in a trial.

-------

Current Rig

-------

10 minutes ago, Misanthrope said:

I wouldn't call statutory rapist "pedos". It's a tricky subject but we where all horny 15 year olds once. It's still a crime, it's still taking advantage of a stupid teenager, he still should go to jail if guilty. But to me there's a large difference between someone who abuses his position as an adult to fuck with a teen and someone who is honestly attracted to prepubescent, under developed kids.

She's underage, that's all that matters.

The law has said she isn't old enough to make that choice for herself and as the adult he should have been the one to say no.

9 minutes ago, Misanthrope said:

Police never lie or manipulate interviews and transfers? No we have a court system that evaluates the evidence police generates for a reason: I do not just trust whatever the police says if their case is legitimate and there's no foul play I'll be glad to condemn him after this transcript is submitted as evidence in a trial.

The transcript is taken from a copy of the official court documentation. Its headed Kings County Superior Court. How much more evidential do you want?

Also they still have both phones with all the messages on them, they even state how he set his phone to airplane mode when he arrived at the location.

1 minute ago, Misanthrope said:

This is my biggest problem with stings like this.  In this case, it seems the guy is guilty.  But there have been tons of stings where they bait and switch, or specifically target mentally unfit people, or they go after someone that is disliked by one of the cops.  There are plenty of creeps and pedos out there, but the methods the cops use are often questionable to say the least or just really not worth it.  Million dollar stings to catch 1 or 2 people, and it takes 3 years or some ridiculous amount of time.

2 minutes ago, Master Disaster said:

She's underage, that's all that matters.

The law has said she isn't old enough to make that choice for herself and as the adult he should have been the one to say no.

No it's not all that matters: we all know sexual maturity is extremely variable: there's 15 year old girls that are still going through development and there's 15 year old girls that are fully developed and while men should be responsible enough to make sure age of concent is there it doesn't means men are not sexually attracted to some 15 year old girls.

That's just something that happens, it's normal biology. Being attracted to underdeveloped kids however is not just normal biology and indicates a deeper issue so pedophiles shouldn't be normalized but regular people shouldn't be demonized as if women just magically came out of a cocoon at 18 as fully developed women with absolutely no variables, that's just denying reality.

The transcript is taken from a copy of the official court documentation. Its headed Kings County Superior Court. How much more evidential do you want?

What I said on the previous post: once it's admitted into evidence during trial and defense attourneys cannot find any foul play then we're good to go.

To be fair I used to have a gut reaction to sex crimes like yours in the past but sadly, if 2016 taught me anything is that women, encouraged by feminists everywhere, constantly fucking lie about being raped and destroy lives. No matter what the story is until we have a conclusion everybody is entitled to face their accuser and the evidence against them in court. We should only weight in after a trial or official admission of guilt.

-------

Current Rig

-------

28 minutes ago, Misanthrope said:

No it's not all that matters: we all know sexual maturity is extremely variable: there's 15 year old girls that are still going through development and there's 15 year old girls that are fully developed and while men should be responsible enough to make sure age of concent is there it doesn't means men are not sexually attracted to some 15 year old girls.

That's just something that happens, it's normal biology. Being attracted to underdeveloped kids however is not just normal biology and indicates a deeper issue so pedophiles shouldn't be normalized but regular people shouldn't be demonized as if women just magically came out of a cocoon at 18 as fully developed women with absolutely no variables, that's just denying reality.

What I said on the previous post: once it's admitted into evidence during trial and defense attourneys cannot find any foul play then we're good to go.

To be fair I used to have a gut reaction to sex crimes like yours in the past but sadly, if 2016 taught me anything is that women, encouraged by feminists everywhere, constantly fucking lie about being raped and destroy lives. No matter what the story is until we have a conclusion everybody is entitled to face their accuser and the evidence against them in court. We should only weight in after a trial or official admission of guilt.

explain lolicons then....

then what is this? :

Katz Solicited an Undercover Cop Posing as a 15-Year-Old Girl

Please, follow your own posts and mention me in comments, otherwise i won't be able to help you.

Daily OS: OpenBSD -current

9 minutes ago, Prysin said:

I believe I did:

Being attracted to underdeveloped kids however is not just normal biology and indicates a deeper issue so pedophiles shouldn't be normalized

Depending on the extent of the "attraction" and self control it might indicate either just sexual deviancy or deep psychological issues. The difference being that sexual deviations are usually complementary to more biologically driven sex acts i.e. most people have at least one sort of fetish but usually can and at one point have sex without said fetish being involved at all as they still experiment regular biological impulses, adding the pain or foot or cartoon or furry elements just enhances the experience that already preceeded that.

I'm not sure what your aim is here but I believe that going into more detail is a bit too off topic for this thread even for me.

-------

Current Rig

-------

3 hours ago, coasterghost said:

but it would hurt sales if they keep him especially if he is found guilty or further information comes out that he did it in the past.

If he's found guilty this guy is going to jail for years, "keeping" him will not be an option.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

Well then... Though I seriously can't understand such younger humans that act like they're 10 year older than they actually are. And I don't mean it like lying to someone about age but acting as that person is an adult, like they believe so in a way.

Also keep in mind, shitty parenting is a thing And another thing too, stupid people are too, be it adult or a teen.

| Ryzen 7 7800X3D | AM5 B650 Aorus Elite AX | G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5 32GB 6000MHz C30 | Sapphire PULSE Radeon RX 7900 XTX | Samsung 990 PRO 1TB with heatsink | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360 | Seasonic Focus GX-850 | Lian Li Lanccool III | Mousepad: Skypad 3.0 XL / Zowie GTF-X | Mouse: Zowie S1-C | Keyboard: Ducky One 3 TKL (Cherry MX-Speed-Silver)Beyerdynamic MMX 300 (2nd Gen) | Acer XV272U | OS: Windows 11 |

18 minutes ago, Prysin said:

A loli is a girl that is small(short) with generally small breast size. Loli is not age dependent directly. The term is very mixed though. Like the term true loli, small and under age, and legal loli, small but of age. So what do you mean by lolicons? 

if you want to annoy me, then join my teamspeak server ts.benja.cc

42 minutes ago, Misanthrope said:

No it's not all that matters

Dude what? Yes it does. The age of consent is 18 in the USA - if you're over that age and you get in bed with a minor (less than 18 years of age) then you can be considered a statutory rapist. Someone I'm close to married a man who did that to a 15 year old girl (he swears he didn't know she was 15 but that's always the story) and he had to register as a sex offender and report to a law enforcement officer every so often - and he has to hold a job with his agreement. He got off lucky as far as I'm concerned.

This has nothing to do with biology. Dude is guilty of statutory rape if what is being said is true. Defining him as a pedophile is debatable but he will have to register as a sex offender if he's found guilty.

5 minutes ago, Kloaked said:

Dude what? Yes it does. The age of consent is 18 in the USA - if you're over that age and you get in bed with a minor (less than 18 years of age) then you can be considered a statutory rapist. Someone I'm close to married a man who did that to a 15 year old girl (he swears he didn't know she was 15 but that's always the story) and he had to register as a sex offender and report to a law enforcement officer every so often - and he has to hold a job with his agreement. He got off lucky as far as I'm concerned.

This has nothing to do with biology. Dude is guilty of statutory rape if what is being said is true. Defining him as a pedophile is debatable but he will have to register as a sex offender if he's found guilty.

Can you point out a single stance where I said he shouldn't face consequences includying jail time? You basically agree with my point: Defining him as a pedophile is debatable. Defining him as a criminal sex offender (if found guilty) it's not.

-------

Current Rig

-------

Just now, Misanthrope said:

Can you point out a single stance where I said he shouldn't face consequences includying jail time? You basically agree with my point: Defining him as a pedophile is debatable. Defining him as a criminal (if found guilty) it's not.

Are you being serious right now? You're wrong, mate. Just flat out wrong.

1 minute ago, Kloaked said:

Are you being serious right now? You're wrong, mate. Just flat out wrong.

So you're wrong too cause you agree with everything I said so far? I'm extremely confused right now.

-------

Current Rig

-------