Why hasn't LMG tested the waters with Car Audio related videos?

Nautricity

Should LMG test the waters with Car Audio?  

36 members have voted

1. 1. Should LMG test the waters with Car Audio?

• Yes
    • No

Since LMG produces quite a bit of audiophile content, I am surprised they have never tested the waters with car audio, such as explaining different speaker sizes and what they do / cover, how locations effect sound, how to install them, ect, as basic car audio (Replacing stock speakers and stereo) is rather basic and easy to replicate, especially on older cars (2000's), but can be harder or not (as) possible on newer cars, viewers could actually do, unlike a lot of complains about "DIY" or other "tutorial" videos, are not exactly replicate to an average viewer. Basic car audio is also very affordable, even nicer stereos (or radio, whatever you want to refer to it as), Subs are sometimes also included in cars, usually newer, which can be replaced as well. Amps, eqs, guage wiring, mounting a sub, grounding, ect, can be saved for more advanced videos or tutorials.

Because car audio has snobbery from all sides, and unless a channel's foundation is in certain aspects of car audio, chances are that fanboying will be more rampant than AMD v Intel/NVidia and Windows v Mac.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

And look what I've found in the dirt.

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Something is wrong with this world.

Fierce Bloody Angel

The blood is on your hands

Why did you come to this world?

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

The blood is on your hands.

The blood is on your hands!

Pyo.

While I do believe they do enjoy audio quite a bit, viewing their related content leads me to believe they are more about the experience rather than the engineering of it all.

[FS][US] Corsair H115i 280mm AIO-AMD $60+shipping

System specs:
Asus Prime X370 Pro - Custom EKWB CPU/GPU 2x360 1x240 soft loop - Ryzen 1700X - Corsair Vengeance RGB 2x16GB - Plextor 512 NVMe + 2TB SU800 - EVGA GTX1080ti - LianLi PC11 Dynamic

because every car is different ?

~New~  BoomBerryPi project !  ~New~

new build log : http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/533392-build-log-the-scrap-simulator-x/?p=7078757 (5 screen flight sim for 620$ CAD)LTT Web Challenge is back ! go here  :  http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/448184-ltt-web-challenge-3-v21/#entry601004

5 minutes ago, givingtnt said:

because every car is different ?

Replacing / changing speakers is relatively the same from vehicle to vehicle. The only different being, sometimes, a proprietary adapter the STOCK SPEAKERS, if you are going aftermarket, they generally all use the same interface, positive / negative terminals. 

Only thing that really can be "different" is speaker size for cars, which is just the manufactures choice, and can be modified using basic tools, but it is easier to just drop in the same size as factory.

1 minute ago, SCHISCHKA said:

have you seen linus' car?

Its probably got 4 subs and a 12 speaker system, as well twin turbos and the exhaust salvaged from a Lamborghini Huracan.

6 minutes ago, Nautricity said:

Its probably got 4 subs and a 12 speaker system, as well twin turbos and the exhaust salvaged from a Lamborghini Huracan.

lol its in one of the channel super fun videos. It looks like hes still running the first cheap crappy car hes ever owned. To be fair hes a young father so hes prob spent all his money on a people mover

☼

ψ ︿_____︿_ψ_   

lol its in one of the channel super fun videos. It looks like hes still running the first cheap crappy car hes ever owned. To be fair hes a young father so hes prob spent all his money on a people mover

I believe that's just the company car now, he actually has a personal family car.

6 minutes ago, Nautricity said:

I believe that's just the company car now, he actually has a personal family car.

in that case he need to pimp it out in all its pink and racing stripe glory

☼

ψ ︿_____︿_ψ_   

Because it is most certainly not the content type for the target audience, most of whom depending on their country, can't hold a drivers license.

6 minutes ago, Windspeed36 said:

Because it is most certainly not the content type for the target audience, most of whom depending on their country, can't hold a drivers license.

are all of your target audience people convicted of drink driving or in prison?

☼

ψ ︿_____︿_ψ_   

are all of your target audience people convicted of drink driving or in prison?

most seem to be people that either wouldn't care or are under the legal driving age/don't have vehicles

Use this guide to fix text problems in your postGo here and here for all your power supply needs

New Build Currently Under Construction! See here!!!! -----> 

Spoiler

Deathwatch:[CPU I7 4790K @ 4.5GHz][RAM TEAM VULCAN 16 GB 1600][MB ASRock Z97 Anniversary][GPU XFX Radeon RX 480 8GB][STORAGE 250GB SAMSUNG EVO SSD Samsung 2TB HDD 2TB WD External Drive][COOLER Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo][PSU Cooler Master 650M][Case Thermaltake Core V31]

Spoiler

Cupid:[CPU Core 2 Duo E8600 3.33GHz][RAM 3 GB DDR2][750GB Samsung 2.5" HDD/HDD Seagate 80GB SATA/Samsung 80GB IDE/WD 325GB IDE][MB Acer M1641][CASE Antec][[PSU Altec 425 Watt][GPU Radeon HD 4890 1GB][TP-Link 54MBps Wireless Card]

Spoiler

Carlile: [CPU 2x Pentium 3 1.4GHz][MB ASUS TR-DLS][RAM 2x 512MB DDR ECC Registered][GPU Nvidia TNT2 Pro][PSU Enermax][HDD 1 IDE 160GB, 4 SCSI 70GB][RAID CARD Dell Perc 3]

Spoiler

Zeonnight [CPU AMD Athlon x2 4400][GPU Sapphire Radeon 4650 1GB][RAM 2GB DDR2]

Spoiler

Server [CPU 2x Xeon L5630][PSU Dell Poweredge 850w][HDD 1 SATA 160GB, 3 SAS 146GB][RAID CARD Dell Perc 6i]

Spoiler

Kero [CPU Pentium 1 133Mhz] [GPU Cirrus Logic LCD 1MB Graphics Controller] [Ram 48MB ][HDD 1.4GB Hitachi IDE]

Spoiler

Mining Rig: [CPU Athlon 64 X2 4400+][GPUS 9 RX 560s, 2 RX 570][HDD 160GB something][RAM 8GBs DDR3][PSUs 1 Thermaltake 700w, 2 Delta 900w 120v Server modded]

RAINBOWS!!!

QUOTE ME SO I CAN SEE YOUR REPLYS!!!!

1 hour ago, Nautricity said:

Since LMG produces quite a bit of audiophile content, I am surprised they have never tested the waters with car audio, such as explaining different speaker sizes and what they do / cover, how locations effect sound, how to install them, ect, as basic car audio (Replacing stock speakers and stereo) is rather basic and easy to replicate, especially on older cars (2000's), but can be harder or not (as) possible on newer cars, viewers could actually do, unlike a lot of complains about "DIY" or other "tutorial" videos, are not exactly replicate to an average viewer. Basic car audio is also very affordable, even nicer stereos (or radio, whatever you want to refer to it as), Subs are sometimes also included in cars, usually newer, which can be replaced as well. Amps, eqs, guage wiring, mounting a sub, grounding, ect, can be saved for more advanced videos or tutorials.

Most of their "audiophile" reviews are of headsets which are a computer peripheral.

The tutorials and diy stuff they do isn't really for practicallity, but hey look at what we can do, there are a lot of people who them try to replicate them though, hundreds of people probabbly bought Unraid to try the 2 gamers 1 cpu video.

Most people own a computer who watch LTT so doing computer DIY stuff is somewhat doable for most viewers.

Replacing speakers on a car is "easy" go work with a German car and tell me how it goes, for my car I need a 2nd person to put the door panel back on, not relatively "easy" nor a simple process.

•E5-2670 @2.7GHz • Intel DX79SI • EVGA 970 SSC• GSkill Sniper 8Gb ddr3 • Corsair Spec 02 • Corsair RM750 • HyperX 120Gb SSD • Hitachi 2Tb HDD •

I have been in the mobile audio field for over 20 years now. Doing everything from R&D to owning my own shop for a majority of that time.

There are a few reasons why LTT will not likely ever review "car audio".

1. They do not posses the proper tools to do any testing.

2. They do not have the knowledge bases required for reviews or testing.

3. Since they are not known in that industry, it would not do any manufacturer any good to use it for marketing purposes.

The audio world has basically 4 variations of end users.

1. SPL These guys spend massive amounts of money to set records, do hair tricks, and win trophies. They do not need anyone to review products in order to make their purchases.

2. SQ basically the same as SPL but pure audiophile setups..also do not need/want reviews

3. Typical car show..flash in the pan style installs only care about the name of the product not the performance of it.

4. You basic user. They will buy their product at Best Buy. They won't care enough to worry about a review and just want to impress their friends.. also very cheap most of the time.

Certain things... such as in-dash touch screen's with a HDMI port using a compute Stick, or running a NES Classic off of it, or wire in a NUC and hotspot to get internet. But that could basically be covered in one video.

The only thing I could see him doing in a car audio aspect is making a car computer.

They simply don't have the know how to do a proper review. That, and as others have said, most cars these days aren't upgrade friendly. Which actually could be a positive as their audience is more likely to go for older vehicles anyway.

Their phone reviews are painful enough to watch. Their more "my personal opinion" rather than proper reviews.

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Do I need to remind you that this is Linus' car?

CZstLy_XEAAixhl.jpg

Remember kids, the only difference between screwing around and science is writing it down. - Adam Savage

PHOΞNIX Ryzen 5 1600 @ 3.75GHz | Corsair LPX 16Gb DDR4 @ 2933 | MSI B350 Tomahawk | Sapphire RX 480 Nitro+ 8Gb | Intel 535 120Gb | Western Digital WD5000AAKS x2 | Cooler Master HAF XB Evo | Corsair H80 + Corsair SP120 | Cooler Master 120mm AF | Corsair SP120 | Icy Box IB-172SK-B | OCZ CX500W | Acer GF246 24" + AOC <some model> 21.5" | Steelseries Apex 350 | Steelseries Diablo 3 | Steelseries Syberia RAW Prism | Corsair HS-1 | Akai AM-A1

D.VA coming soon™ xoxo

Sapphire Acer Aspire 1410 Celeron 743 | 3Gb DDR2-667 | 120Gb HDD | Windows 10 Home x32

Vault Tec Celeron 420 | 2Gb DDR2-667 | Storage pending | Open Media Vault

gh0st Asus K50IJ T3100 | 2Gb DDR2-667 | 40Gb HDD | Ubuntu 17.04

Diskord Apple MacBook A1181 Mid-2007 Core2Duo T7400 @2.16GHz | 4Gb DDR2-667 | 120Gb HDD | Windows 10 Pro x32

Firebird//Phoeniix FX-4320 | Gigabyte 990X-Gaming SLI | Asus GTS 450 | 16Gb DDR3-1600 | 2x Intel 535 250Gb | 4x 10Tb Western Digital Red | 600W Segotep custom refurb unit | Windows 10 Pro x64 // offisite backup and dad's PC

Saint Olms Apple iPhone 6 16Gb Gold

Archon Microsoft Lumia 640 LTE

Gulliver Nokia Lumia 1320

Werkfern Nokia Lumia 520

Hydromancer Acer Liquid Z220