Crytek Employees STILL Going Unpaid

patrickjp93

http://www.kitguru.net/gaming/matthew-wilson/source-crytek-is-sinking-wages-are-unpaid-talent-leaving-on-a-daily-basis/

Facts: A verified anonymous source from Crytek's Frankfurt studio has confirmed months of salary payments have been late or not come in at all. Further, talented employees are leaving daily. The main problem? Crytek having sworn these issues would be cleared up by August, and it's December.

Opinion: Good. Crytek's been losing quality and dove into Free To Play. You reap what you sow.

Software Engineer for Suncorp (Australia), Computer Tech Enthusiast, Miami University Graduate, Nerd

Wasn't this in the news earlier this year or last year about Crytek not paying employees?

Can we run Crysis? No we can not as Crysis will not exist

51 minutes ago, AlwaysFSX said:

Wasn't this in the news earlier this year or last year about Crytek not paying employees?

The news is the issues aren't resolved despite company promises, and apparently CT is hemorrhaging money.

Software Engineer for Suncorp (Australia), Computer Tech Enthusiast, Miami University Graduate, Nerd

I'm surprised it's taking them this long to die out. Crytek has not made a good game since Crysis Warhead. Homefront was such a terrible game, that I didn't even play much of it during the Steam free play.

CPU i7 6700 Cooling Cryorig H7 Motherboard MSI H110i Pro AC RAM Kingston HyperX Fury 16GB DDR4 2133 GPU Pulse RX 5700 XT Case Fractal Design Define Mini C Storage Trascend SSD370S 256GB + WD Black 320GB + Sandisk Ultra II 480GB + WD Blue 1TB PSU EVGA GS 550 Display Nixeus Vue24B FreeSync 144 Hz Monitor (VESA mounted) Keyboard Aorus K3 Mechanical Keyboard Mouse Logitech G402 OS Windows 10 Home 64 bit

1 hour ago, SCHISCHKA said:

thats the biggest mistake a business can make. If you steal from employees they will steal back at a an exponential magnitude.

I wouldn't assume they are stealing. I assume they just don't have the money.

Running a business in the EU sucks ass compared to US or Japan. We got Taxes up the wazu... And probably too many laws protecting consumers and employees. ;)

\\ QUIET AUDIO WORKSTATION //

5960X 3.7GHz @ 0.983V / ASUS X99-A USB3.1      

32 GB G.Skill Ripjaws 4 & 2667MHz @ 1.2V

AMD R9 Fury X

256GB SM961 + 1TB Samsung 850 Evo  

Cooler Master Silencio 652S (soon Calyos NSG S0 ^^)              

Noctua NH-D15 / 3x NF-S12A                 

Seasonic PRIME Titanium 750W        

Logitech G810 Orion Spectrum / Logitech G900

2x Samsung S24E650BW 16:10  / Adam A7X / Fractal Axe Fx 2 Mark I

Windows 7 Ultimate

4K GAMING/EMULATION RIG

Xeon X5670 4.2Ghz (200BCLK) @ ~1.38V / Asus P6X58D Premium

12GB Corsair Vengeance 1600Mhz

Gainward GTX 1080 Golden Sample

Intel 535 Series 240 GB + San Disk SSD Plus 512GB

Corsair Crystal 570X

Noctua NH-S12 

Be Quiet Dark Rock 11 650W

Logitech K830

Xbox One Wireless Controller

Logitech Z623 Speakers/Subwoofer

Windows 10 Pro

56 minutes ago, Aytex said:

Amazon already bailed them out, they basically bought them

Note other games on the cryengine will not be effected by this

then why are people still not getting paid?

2 minutes ago, Vode said:

I wouldn't assume they are stealing. I assume they just don't have the money.

Running a business in the EU sucks ass compared to US or Japan. We got Taxes up the wazu... And probably too many laws protecting consumers and employees. ;)

It also doesn't help that the stuff they make don't sell, lol.

CPU i7 6700 Cooling Cryorig H7 Motherboard MSI H110i Pro AC RAM Kingston HyperX Fury 16GB DDR4 2133 GPU Pulse RX 5700 XT Case Fractal Design Define Mini C Storage Trascend SSD370S 256GB + WD Black 320GB + Sandisk Ultra II 480GB + WD Blue 1TB PSU EVGA GS 550 Display Nixeus Vue24B FreeSync 144 Hz Monitor (VESA mounted) Keyboard Aorus K3 Mechanical Keyboard Mouse Logitech G402 OS Windows 10 Home 64 bit

Just now, ivan134 said:

It also doesn't help that the stuff they make don't sell, lol.

Well I I kind of knew back when they announced Warface (and not a Crysis-level-quality kind of game) that the company was not doing well. :P

Didn't help that Xbox One was so unpopular in the beginning and Ryse was only a slightly above average launch title.

\\ QUIET AUDIO WORKSTATION //

5960X 3.7GHz @ 0.983V / ASUS X99-A USB3.1      

32 GB G.Skill Ripjaws 4 & 2667MHz @ 1.2V

AMD R9 Fury X

256GB SM961 + 1TB Samsung 850 Evo  

Cooler Master Silencio 652S (soon Calyos NSG S0 ^^)              

Noctua NH-D15 / 3x NF-S12A                 

Seasonic PRIME Titanium 750W        

Logitech G810 Orion Spectrum / Logitech G900

2x Samsung S24E650BW 16:10  / Adam A7X / Fractal Axe Fx 2 Mark I

Windows 7 Ultimate

4K GAMING/EMULATION RIG

Xeon X5670 4.2Ghz (200BCLK) @ ~1.38V / Asus P6X58D Premium

12GB Corsair Vengeance 1600Mhz

Gainward GTX 1080 Golden Sample

Intel 535 Series 240 GB + San Disk SSD Plus 512GB

Corsair Crystal 570X

Noctua NH-S12 

Be Quiet Dark Rock 11 650W

Logitech K830

Xbox One Wireless Controller

Logitech Z623 Speakers/Subwoofer

Windows 10 Pro

Screw free to play, I hope it's as disastrous for every other studio that tries to steer to that model too. $60 for AAA games today is a great deal considering how much content we get. Hell, I can even live with $90 when you factor in really good DLC. But pay to win through the free to play model, I can't see ever buying into those kind of games.

It's not that I don't trust this news, on the contrary, but the source is a "verified anonymus source". I remember people crucifying WCCF when they started the news with that. 

The ability to google properly is a skill of its own. 

7 minutes ago, Bouzoo said:

It's not that I don't trust this news, on the contrary, but the source is a "verified anonymus source". I remember people crucifying WCCF when they started the news with that. 

True, but kitguru has a pretty good record. And if you look in the comments section, you have a second person claiming the same and pointing to any article he claims to be the source on. How often does that happen?

13 minutes ago, patrickjp93 said:

True, but kitguru has a pretty good record. And if you look in the comments section, you have a second person claiming the same and pointing to any article he claims to be the source on. How often does that happen?

Oh wow, I thought you had me blacklisted or something. 

I read few articles yesterday and as I said, I see no reason not to believe them, especially since the whole thing in 2014/2015 iirc? I suppose the whole "pay what you want" deal with CryEngine dev kit is bringing less money than expected. 

The ability to google properly is a skill of its own. 

1 hour ago, Aytex said:

they bought them a few years ago, or gave them a few mil a while ago

as far as i know the deal was early last year. if they got bought by amazon why would they still have money problems.

but it has one benefit more people with cry engine expertise for CIG. could even be one of the reasons why they are not doing well CIG has hired a bunch of the CE creators. in combination with the Yerlis business ineptness.  

1 hour ago, Bouzoo said:

Oh wow, I thought you had me blacklisted or something. 

I read few articles yesterday and as I said, I see no reason not to believe them, especially since the whole thing in 2014/2015 iirc? I suppose the whole "pay what you want" deal with CryEngine dev kit is bringing less money than expected. 

Of course not. I'm above that. Just as it is with free speech, it's better to see everyone in the full spotlight and either take them apart or use what they do well.

59 minutes ago, ADM-Ntek said:

as far as i know the deal was early last year. if they got bought by amazon why would they still have money problems.

but it has one benefit more people with cry engine expertise for CIG. could even be one of the reasons why they are not doing well CIG has hired a bunch of the CE creators. in combination with the Yerlis business ineptness.  

Because engine licensing is worth way more money than all of Crytek's games put together, especially if it can be integrated with AWS seamlessly. Amazon will bleed Crytek to death and incorporate its software into a more complete package, no surprise there.

a number of their skilled crytek engine guys already jumped to cloud imperium games and are working on star citizen.

I remember back when MWLL was still being developed by Wandering Samurai and a few of those guys actually got hired by Crytek. I wonder how they are doing right now.

I deal in shitposts and shitpost accessories.

4 hours ago, SteveGrabowski0 said:

Screw free to play, I hope it's as disastrous for every other studio that tries to steer to that model too. $60 for AAA games today is a great deal considering how much content we get. Hell, I can even live with $90 when you factor in really good DLC. But pay to win through the free to play model, I can't see ever buying into those kind of games.

ESO is doing pretty well on the free to play model. I mean you have to buy the game but there month subscription is very nice. You get store credit each month and access to all dlc.

¸„»°'´¸„»°'´ Vorticalbox `'°«„¸`'°«„¸
`'°«„¸¸„»°'´¸„»°'´`'°«„¸Scientia Potentia est  ¸„»°'´`'°«„¸`'°«„¸¸„»°'´