Detail specs for Kaby Lake chipsets

NumLock21

Details of Intel's 200 series chipset to go along with KabyLake has been revealed. Not too much has changed comparing to the 100 series for SkyLake. One unique feature found on the 200 series is support for Intel Optane technology. Other than that, the newer chipsets has a updated Intel Rapid Storage Technology, up to 3x M.2, and additional HSIO lanes, which then gives a slight increase to the amount of PCIe lanes available to the end user. Release date for the new chipset is said to be around early January.

200.JPG

https://benchlife.info/intel-z270-h270-q270-q250-b250-z170-h170-chipset-11202016/

https://translate.google.com/translate?sl=auto&tl=en&js=y&prev=_t&hl=en&ie=UTF-8&u=https%3A%2F%2Fbenchlife.info%2Fintel-z270-h270-q270-q250-b250-z170-h170-chipset-11202016%2F&edit-text=&act=url

Intel Xeon E5 1650 v3 @ 3.5GHz 6C:12T / CM212 Evo / Asus X99 Deluxe / 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4 3000 Trident-Z / Samsung 850 Pro 256GB / Intel 335 240GB / WD Red 2 & 3TB / Antec 850w / RTX 2070 / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy X360 15: Intel Core i5 8250U @ 1.6GHz 4C:8T / 8GB DDR4 / Intel UHD620 + Nvidia GeForce MX150 4GB / Intel 120GB SSD / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy x360 BP series Intel 8th gen

AMD ThreadRipper 2!

5820K & 6800K 3-way SLI mobo support list

Waiting for an i7 7700k on a z770 chipset motherboard with 77GB of ddr7 ram and pair it with AMD r7 770

Edit: don't hit funny, have respect and leave it at 7

Edit2: stop hitting agree when it reaches 7 and move on to thumbs up

Edit3: Well I have no idea what to do when we reach 7 informative

Edit4: Now we are at 8. Well rip. Thanks everyone, it was good one

good to see more lanes as drives move to that format

☼

ψ ︿_____︿_ψ_   

Any info on Business chipset btw

11 minutes ago, deXxterlab97 said:

Any info on Business chipset btw

Not yet

Intel Xeon E5 1650 v3 @ 3.5GHz 6C:12T / CM212 Evo / Asus X99 Deluxe / 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4 3000 Trident-Z / Samsung 850 Pro 256GB / Intel 335 240GB / WD Red 2 & 3TB / Antec 850w / RTX 2070 / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy X360 15: Intel Core i5 8250U @ 1.6GHz 4C:8T / 8GB DDR4 / Intel UHD620 + Nvidia GeForce MX150 4GB / Intel 120GB SSD / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy x360 BP series Intel 8th gen

AMD ThreadRipper 2!

5820K & 6800K 3-way SLI mobo support list

1 hour ago, Prysin said:

These specs disappointed me 

Well, I mean, what is Intel supposed to throw on a chipset to make it impressive? More than 18 SATA ports?!

Software Engineer for Suncorp (Australia), Computer Tech Enthusiast, Miami University Graduate, Nerd

6 minutes ago, patrickjp93 said:

Well, I mean, what is Intel supposed to throw on a chipset to make it impressive? More than 18 SATA ports?!

more pcie lanes, 16 for the slots and 8 for the other stuff is not enough imo if you want to run 2 GPUs + some other pcie stuff

hello!

is it me you're looking for?

ᴾC SᴾeCS ᴰoWᴺ ᴮEᴸoW

Spoiler

Desktop: X99-PC

CPU: i7 5820k

Mobo: X99 Deluxe

Cooler: Dark Rock Pro 3

RAM: 32GB DDR4
GPU: GTX 1080

Storage: 1TB 850 Evo, 1TB HDD, bunch of external hard drives
PSU: EVGA G2 750w

Peripherals: Logitech G502, Ducky One 711

Audio: Xonar U7, O2 amplifier (RIP), HD6XX

Monitors: 4k 24" Dell monitor, 1080p 24" Asus monitor

Laptop:

-Overkill Dell XPS

Fully maxed out early 2017 Dell XPS 15, GTX 1050 4GB, 7700HQ, 1TB nvme SSD, 32GB RAM, 4k display. 97Whr battery :x 
Dell was having a $600 off sale for the fully specced out model, so I decided to get it :P

-Crapbook

Fully specced out early 2013 Macbook "pro" with gt 650m and constant 105c temperature on the CPU (GPU is 80-90C) when doing anything intensive...

A 2013 laptop with a regular sized battery still has better battery life than a 2017 laptop with a massive battery! I think this is a testament to apple's ability at making laptops, or maybe how little CPU technology has improved even 4+ years later (at least, until the recent introduction of 15W 4 core CPUs). Anyway, I'm never going to get a 35W CPU laptop again unless battery technology becomes ~5x better than as it is in 2018.

Apple knows how to make proper consumer-grade laptops (they don't know how to make pro laptops though). I guess this mostly software power efficiency related, but getting a mac makes perfect sense if you want a portable/powerful laptop that can do anything you want it to with great battery life.

14 minutes ago, rattacko123 said:

more pcie lanes, 16 for the slots and 8 for the other stuff is not enough imo if you want to run 2 GPUs + some other pcie stuff

That's why thechipset has additional 24 pcie 3.0 lanes.

The ability to google properly is a skill of its own. 

I want dual cpu on the consumer market goddamnit , I want ALL THE THREADS

RyzenAir : AMD R5 3600 | AsRock AB350M Pro4 | 32gb Aegis DDR4 3000 | GTX 1070 FE | Fractal Design Node 804
RyzenITX : Ryzen 7 1700 | GA-AB350N-Gaming WIFI | 16gb DDR4 2666 | GTX 1060 | Cougar QBX 

PSU Tier list

27 minutes ago, Bouzoo said:

That's why thechipset has additional 24 pcie 3.0 lanes.

"CPU PCIe configuration" is still 16 lanes, I'm assuming the additional 24 is for SATA, m.2 and other stuff

hello!

is it me you're looking for?

ᴾC SᴾeCS ᴰoWᴺ ᴮEᴸoW

Spoiler

Desktop: X99-PC

CPU: i7 5820k

Mobo: X99 Deluxe

Cooler: Dark Rock Pro 3

RAM: 32GB DDR4
GPU: GTX 1080

Storage: 1TB 850 Evo, 1TB HDD, bunch of external hard drives
PSU: EVGA G2 750w

Peripherals: Logitech G502, Ducky One 711

Audio: Xonar U7, O2 amplifier (RIP), HD6XX

Monitors: 4k 24" Dell monitor, 1080p 24" Asus monitor

Laptop:

-Overkill Dell XPS

Fully maxed out early 2017 Dell XPS 15, GTX 1050 4GB, 7700HQ, 1TB nvme SSD, 32GB RAM, 4k display. 97Whr battery :x 
Dell was having a $600 off sale for the fully specced out model, so I decided to get it :P

-Crapbook

Fully specced out early 2013 Macbook "pro" with gt 650m and constant 105c temperature on the CPU (GPU is 80-90C) when doing anything intensive...

A 2013 laptop with a regular sized battery still has better battery life than a 2017 laptop with a massive battery! I think this is a testament to apple's ability at making laptops, or maybe how little CPU technology has improved even 4+ years later (at least, until the recent introduction of 15W 4 core CPUs). Anyway, I'm never going to get a 35W CPU laptop again unless battery technology becomes ~5x better than as it is in 2018.

Apple knows how to make proper consumer-grade laptops (they don't know how to make pro laptops though). I guess this mostly software power efficiency related, but getting a mac makes perfect sense if you want a portable/powerful laptop that can do anything you want it to with great battery life.

3 minutes ago, rattacko123 said:

"CPU PCIe configuration" is still 16 lanes, I'm assuming the additional 24 is for SATA, m.2 and other stuff

Indeed it is. I'm not sure what you mean by "other stuff". You should have enough lanes for pretty much every scenario. 

The ability to google properly is a skill of its own. 

2 hours ago, rattacko123 said:

XFire/SLI with 8 lanes vs. 16 is a negligible 1-2 fps difference, less than 1fps on 4K.

Software Engineer for Suncorp (Australia), Computer Tech Enthusiast, Miami University Graduate, Nerd

2 hours ago, patrickjp93 said:

enough lanes to support dual M.2 NVMe and 8x + 8x CF/SLI and a 2x or 4x PCIe AIB of sorts?
2-4 native USB 3.1 ports?
i mean, look at ZEN, it will support 2 USB 3.1 ports natively. It's not like Intel is in any way unable to match that. So Intel is just being "cheap".

Is it so much to ask for 28 lanes as "basic" Z270 and rather get 40 lanes or more on X99?

We are, by all means, talking about a "Z" board. If prices increases due to features, in a board series that is already aimed towards "maximum features and overclocking", then who cares? 5-10$ more for a better base feature set is worth it.

47 minutes ago, Prysin said:

enough lanes to support dual M.2 NVMe and 8x + 8x CF/SLI and a 2x or 4x PCIe AIB of sorts?
2-4 native USB 3.1 ports?

i mean, look at ZEN, it will support 2 USB 3.1 ports natively. It's not like Intel is in any way unable to match that. So Intel is just being "cheap".

Is it so much to ask for 28 lanes as "basic" Z270 and rather get 40 lanes or more on X99?

We are, by all means, talking about a "Z" board. If prices increases due to features, in a board series that is already aimed towards "maximum features and overclocking", then who cares? 5-10$ more for a better base feature set is worth it.

Uh, it does exactly that.

Intel is doing 4 native.

Yes! 28 is insane to be just on the chipset with another 16 off the CPU. There's no room for HEDT at that point!

5 hours ago, deXxterlab97 said:

Waiting for an i7 7700k on a z770 chipset motherboard with 77GB of ddr7 ram and pair it with AMD r7 770

Wait their is no i7 7770k

3 hours ago, Space Reptile said:

I want dual cpu on the consumer market goddamnit , I want ALL THE THREADS

Get a X99 platform

27 minutes ago, patrickjp93 said:

Uh, it does exactly that.

Intel is doing 4 native.

Yes! 28 is insane to be just on the chipset with another 16 off the CPU. There's no room for HEDT at that point!

Given the lane count of that chart, i am more inclined to believe they are talking physical electrical connections, not CPU lanes.

Intel chipsets havent really had that many lanes, as there has only been a 4x lane going to and from the CPU and chipset.

15 minutes ago, Scitesh said:

Get a X99 platform

that's not consumer , that's enthusiast

RyzenAir : AMD R5 3600 | AsRock AB350M Pro4 | 32gb Aegis DDR4 3000 | GTX 1070 FE | Fractal Design Node 804
RyzenITX : Ryzen 7 1700 | GA-AB350N-Gaming WIFI | 16gb DDR4 2666 | GTX 1060 | Cougar QBX 

PSU Tier list

5 hours ago, Prysin said:

These specs disappointed me 

Intel's disappointed every gen after Ivy.

Thanks to AMD not providing any competition for a long time, Intel were tempted to display just "how slow can you go", and the results have put them permanently on my blacklist. If AMD goes bankrupt I guess I'm becoming a monk when my computer dies.

In case the moderators do not ban me as requested, this is a notice that I have left and am not coming back.

4 hours ago, patrickjp93 said:

Well, from what we know so far Intel has done nothing to make going Kaby Lake compelling over a potentially cheaper Skylake.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D GPU: AMD Radeon RX 6900 XT 16GB GDDR6 Motherboard: MSI PRESTIGE X570 CREATION
AIO: Corsair H150i Pro RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 Case: Lian Li PC-O11 Dynamic PSU: Corsair RM850x White

20 minutes ago, Prysin said:

Given the lane count of that chart, i am more inclined to believe they are talking physical electrical connections, not CPU lanes.

Intel chipsets havent really had that many lanes, as there has only been a 4x lane going to and from the CPU and chipset.

It's 8x now, 

2 minutes ago, Morgan MLGman said:

Well, from what we know so far Intel has done nothing to make going Kaby Lake compelling over a potentially cheaper Skylake.

The higher lane count for having multiple M.2 or an M.2 and a sound card or 10Gb ethernet card is a decent upgrade, not to mention the higher clocks on the chips. 

15 minutes ago, That Norwegian Guy said:

Intel's disappointed every gen after Ivy.

Thanks to AMD not providing any competition for a long time, Intel were tempted to display just "how slow can you go", and the results have put them permanently on my blacklist. If AMD goes bankrupt I guess I'm becoming a monk when my computer dies.

You're a lying sack of crap and you know it. You would have nothing good to say about Intel even if it cured cancer.

35 minutes ago, Scitesh said:

Wait their is no i7 7770k

Get a X99 platform

7777K actually.

16 minutes ago, patrickjp93 said:

You're a lying sack of crap and you know it. You would have nothing good to say about Intel even if it cured cancer.

Intel is much more dedicated on improving their iGpus  then giving better CPU  performance

2 minutes ago, Scitesh said:

Intel is much more dedicated on improving their iGpus  then giving better CPU  performance

Hard to improve when your instructions already only take 1 cycle a piece and the only way to make it faster is get data and instructions to the CPU core faster than before. The problem is old software built on SISD x86 and not taking any advantage of MMX, SSE1/2/3/4, SSSE3, AVX1/2, or FMA.