US military's new helmet (THE FUTURE IS HERE)

Does it stop bullets from AK?

Also i prefer robot to "die" than humans in wars. War should be 2 presidents (or leaders) on a ring fighting ex. Putin vs Obama on a ring...

The smartest thing I have ever heard

/sarcasm

If they want a HUD, I'm sure lightweight and easy to manage goggles would suffice.

I heard it's made by Nvidia and will cost 1.2 million per helmet..It has built in Gsync to match real life frames to HUD frames. :D

Of course not, but think of what a robot is, think of how many more innocents would be killed. People sign up for the military. (maybe not in some other countries) 

Until we have sufficient programming for robots to act only on enemies and not just other people we can't (shouldn't) use them.

I saw this documentary about it in the TV about the new robots with firearms and there was a guy talking about how US soldiers saw "insurgents" and with their guns down with civilians and waited for the civilians and the insurgents to bury the coffin before they opened fire. How will a robot be able to differentiate between these insurgents and civilians when they're right next to eachother? Humans actually have emotions and restraint, robots don't. 

Just my 2 cents

An obvious response. And I agree. But nonetheless, I do often indulge in semantics just for the sake of it.

looks like a paintball mask

Case: Phanteks Evolve X with ITX mount  cpu: Ryzen 3900X 4.35ghz all cores Motherboard: MSI X570 Unify gpu: EVGA 1070 SC  psu: Phanteks revolt x 1200W Memory: 64GB Kingston Hyper X oc'd to 3600mhz ssd: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB ITX System CPU: 4670k  Motherboard: some cheap asus h87 Ram: 16gb corsair vengeance 1600mhz

Halo  :D

Computer and other things (My Phanteks Enthoo Elite build is done)

Spoiler

Main Computer

Spoiler

Processor: Intel Core i7 6850k @4.5GHz
Motherboard: Asus Rampage V ROG Edition 10
Heatsink: Custom Hardline
Memory: Corsaor Dominator 16GB (4GB x2) DDR4 3000MHz 
Video Card: EVGA GTX 1080 FTW
Hard Drive: x2 OCZ ARC 100 240GB RAID 0 (Boot), Western Digital 4TB SSHD (Steam), x2 Adata 512GB (Steam)
Main GUI: Windows 10 Pro 64-bit

All That Extra Stuff

Spoiler

Monitor: x2 Dell U2414H
Keyboard: Ducky Shine 5 RGB (Cherry MX Blue)
Mouse: Logitech G502
Headset: AKG K553 Pro Studio Headphones
Speakers: Boston Accustics Home Media Theater 2.1 + Boston Accustics Soundbar
Microphone: Audio Technica AT-2035 w/ Focusrite Scarlett Solo
Sound: Creative Sound Blaster E5 DAC

Server

Spoiler

Case: Rosewill 4U Rackmount RSV-L4500

Processor: Intel Xeon E5-2670 V3 12C/24T

Motherboard: Asrock x99 Extreme 4

Ram: Kingston HyperX DDR4 2133 4x4GB

Video Card: Nvidia GT520

OS Drive: Kingston Hyperx 240GB SSD

Raid Card: LSI MegaRaid  9261-8i 8-port

Hard Drives: x7 HGST 4TB Nas

That name  "Helmet Electronics and Display System-Upgradeable Protection"

Sounds like it was translated from like French or something

Oh, I think they were just trying to make a cool acronym

That name  "Helmet Electronics and Display System-Upgradeable Protection"

Sounds like it was translated from like French or something

Oh, I think they were just trying to make a cool acronym

They were totally trying to make a cool acronym lol. 

Btw your pic looks like Lugia 

OS - Windows 8.1 Motherboard - ASUS M5A99FX Pro R2.0 Processor - AMD FX 8350 Black Edition RAM - 16GB 2x8 Crucial Ballistix Sport Graphics Card - Gigabyte Windforce 2 OC GTX 660 Power Supply - Corsair CX750M CPU Cooler - NZXT Kraken X60 Wireless Adapter - ASUS PCE-N15 PCI-E Adapter Fans - x3 Masscool blue LED 120mm Fans Case - Fractal Design Define R4

Monitor - Dell S2230MX 21.5-inch Keyboard - Logitech G105 Mouse - Logitech G602 Speakers - Logitech Z130 Headsets/Headphones - Tt eSports Shock, AKG K240, California Headphones Laredo Phone - iPhone 4S

this helmet is going to be a no, yeah the hud looks cool but  a mask in front of you helmet makes it real hard to breath ( i had to wear a aviation aircrew helmet for 2 years with mask ) and since it look like the mask is screwed in and its made for ground units, then the user wont be able to put on a gask mask. then that a problem , so in short that mask is not going to happen untill those problems are solved which will be 2030 ( i might be wrong)

Cpu: Intel i7 4770k @4.4 Ghz | Case: Corsair 350D | Motherbord: Z87 Gryphon | Ram: dominator platinum 4X4 1866 | Video Card: SLI GTX 980 Ti | Power Supply: Seasonic 1000 platinum | Monitor: ACER XB270HU | Keyboard: RK-9100 | Mouse: R.A.T. 7 | Headset : HD 8 DJ | Watercooled

I would really doubt it. Rifle rounds like the AK-47 have a ton of penetrating power. Helmets are more for shrapnel that direct fire.

I think it was a joke.

OS - Windows 8.1 Motherboard - ASUS M5A99FX Pro R2.0 Processor - AMD FX 8350 Black Edition RAM - 16GB 2x8 Crucial Ballistix Sport Graphics Card - Gigabyte Windforce 2 OC GTX 660 Power Supply - Corsair CX750M CPU Cooler - NZXT Kraken X60 Wireless Adapter - ASUS PCE-N15 PCI-E Adapter Fans - x3 Masscool blue LED 120mm Fans Case - Fractal Design Define R4

Monitor - Dell S2230MX 21.5-inch Keyboard - Logitech G105 Mouse - Logitech G602 Speakers - Logitech Z130 Headsets/Headphones - Tt eSports Shock, AKG K240, California Headphones Laredo Phone - iPhone 4S

If they want a HUD, I'm sure lightweight and easy to manage goggles would suffice.

Google glass: Your target is Alin Achbar - Do you wish to add him as a friend on Google+ ?

Google glass: Your target is Alin Achbar - Do you wish to add him as a friend on Google+ ?

Alin Achbar just posted a new status update - In kitchen making dinner #kebab.

Us soldier just updated his location - 500m downrange. Looking through scope.

Alin Achbar just posted a new status update - Dinner is cancelled... someone shot my kebab..

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

Considering that they aren't really new, yes they are boring.

^^^, it's a step in the right direction, which has a chance to provide an extra bit of safety to those soldiers who choose to wear it, a boring step, but none the less, a step that can save a life, even if it's one, is worth taking.

Heaven's Society - Like Anime? Check us Out Here!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In +100°F environments, I don't think the hud will be much used as the soldiers will have to lift the visor or it will be like an oven inside.

If the US Military spent half as much money on defense and the rest of that money on housing for the homeless and foor for the poor, the US would be a different place.

But hey, 'Murica...

Motherboard - Gigabyte P67A-UD5 Processor - Intel Core i7-2600K RAM - G.Skill Ripjaws @1600 8GB Graphics Cards  - MSI and EVGA GeForce GTX 580 SLI PSU - Cooler Master Silent Pro 1,000w SSD - OCZ Vertex 3 120GB x2 HDD - WD Caviar Black 1TB Case - Corsair Obsidian 600D Audio - Asus Xonar DG

Hail Sithis!

I doubt that any U.S soldier will wear that, all it will do is limit vision, make it really hot, get in the way, the "HUD" is kinda stupid, and you cant ADS (Aim Down Sights)

Thats wrong the most helmets have goggles on them , because of the dust in places like afghanistan.

soldier_helmet.jpg

RTX2070OC 

I wonder if the HUD will have a mini map with ammo and health bars haha

CPU: 3930k  @ stock                                  RAM: 32GB RipjawsZ @ 2133Mhz       Cooling: Custom Loop
MOBO: AsRock x79 Extreme9                      SSD: 240GB Vertex 3 (OS)                     Case: HAF XB                     LG 34um95 + Ergotron MX Arm Mount - Dual Review
  GPUs: Gigabyte GTX 670 SLI                     HDD: 1TB WD Black                                PSU: Corsair AX 860                               Beyerdynamic - Custom One Pro Review

I wonder if the HUD will have a mini map with ammo and health bars haha

A map would be usefull, because you are all the time in unknown places.

And an ammo bar would also be usefull in real life.

RTX2070OC 

I would really doubt it. Rifle rounds like the AK-47 have a ton of penetrating power. Helmets are more for shrapnel that direct fire.

It may be able to, depending on the material.

I will say this as an end user I would never wear that POS. That thing has too narrow field of view and that electronic crap will break in a heartbeat.

<p> AMD Ryzen 7 5800x l ASUS TUF X570-PLUS l G.Skill Trident Z Neo Series RGB 32GB l Sapphire Pulse RX 7900 XTX