US voting machines are vulnerable to hackers

I smell red, do you?

One day I will be able to play Monster Hunter Frontier in French/Italian/English on my PC, it's just a matter of time... 4 5 6 7 8 9 years later: It's finally coming!!!

Phones: iPhone 4S/SE | LG V10 | Lumia 920 | Samsung S24 Ultra

Laptops: Macbook Pro 15" (mid-2012) | Compaq Presario V6000

Other: Steam Deck

<>EVs are bad, they kill the planet and remove freedoms too some/<>

2 minutes ago, SurvivorNVL said:

After 1.5 years.  Trump, and the Republican party now owns all of it.  Our Government is Red, Trik.  

Excuse me while I laugh myself to death.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

Just now, Trik'Stari said:

Excuse me while I laugh myself to death.

Now we build Gulags and begin the Night of Long Knives.

1 minute ago, SurvivorNVL said:

Now we build Gulags and begin the Night of Long Knives.

Maybe for the rich and powerful, on either side of the political divide lol

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

[trump before the election results came in] " EVERTHING IS RIGGED #CROOKED HILLARY"
[trump after the election results came in] " I WON EVERYTHING IS FAIR AND SQUARE"

RyzenAir : AMD R5 3600 | AsRock AB350M Pro4 | 32gb Aegis DDR4 3000 | GTX 1070 FE | Fractal Design Node 804
RyzenITX : Ryzen 7 1700 | GA-AB350N-Gaming WIFI | 16gb DDR4 2666 | GTX 1060 | Cougar QBX 

PSU Tier list

On 11/8/2016 at 4:24 PM, mark_cameron said:

National Crime Agency in the UK is investigating now.

A hack like this on a UK retail bank is unprecedented.

It follows Microsoft acknowleding a zero day flaw that they know is being used last week too.

Chancellor Merkel warned today that Russian intelligence may try and sabotage the German elections next year. Russian being blamed for stealing 20,000 documents earlier this year in a targeted spear phishing campaign.

yes but none of that confirms that they are russian hackers. appeal to authority fallacy w/ merkel. if you think bank systems are controlled by windows system then you're in for an awakening man. the point is that they are still investigating, we don't know because they are still investigating.

On 11/9/2016 at 1:49 AM, Space Reptile said:

[trump before the election results came in] " EVERTHING IS RIGGED #CROOKED HILLARY"
[trump after the election results came in] " I WON EVERYTHING IS FAIR AND SQUARE"

i'm not one to complain, the euro is going strong against the USD lol. it has plummeted just like GBP did after brexit, although not yet as much.

1 hour ago, Trik'Stari said:

True. I still say the world needs to just take North Korea. Get China on board and it'd be over in minutes.

And yes, please.

Actually... not really. It would be a bloodbath. Sure, they wouldn't win... but still a bloodbath. This isn't an empty desert like Iraq where you can just steamroll large formations of conventional forces through. There would be sizable amounts of casualties. With all the conventional artillery aimed at Seoul, large parts of Seoul would be turned to waste. Given its importance this would have a large impact on the world economy and supply of electronics. A campaign against NK really is nothing to look forward to.

I do agree however that working together with China is the only way to fix that problem. They're essentially China's annoying deranged attack dog. They are the only ones with any leverage over them. At least at times they were willing to use that leverage (for example block smuggling in & out of NK). 

1 hour ago, SurvivorNVL said:

After 1.5 years.  Trump, and the Republican party now owns all of it.  Our Government is Red, Trik.  

Actually... I don't really see Trump or the government do any of that. All the rethoric and retaded talk aside, I still have some hope that he's mostly talk and no content. But when he listens to his advisors and the security establishment that can simply mean...well... not much change. Not saying it's a good thing, but changes might not be as large as people are expecting. Basically he was a populist saying anything he thought would get him elected. But there was never any conviction in any of it. It's more likely we'll just see a continuation of existing policy with a lot of excuses why he couldn't get any of his plans done (because many of them are either legally or practically impossible).

That's... hoping though. People were hoping for Duterte to turn out allright as well, but that hope has been shattered quite a bit in the last few months.

9 hours ago, Jovidah said:

The whole Tatar affair I agree is not as clearcut as Mark Cameron makes it to be, but also depends a lot on how you draw your timeframe. The whole 'Russian majority' aspect is only a result of 19th century waves of migration. So yeah it was flooded by Russians, just not at the same time of the deportations.

And no I did not misinterpret the referendum. It was about re-establishing an ASSR. An ASSR had, neither under Ukrainian nor USSR constitution the right to independence (or joining Russia). This difference is exactly what some of the problems in the Caucasus. As I said; even in Crimea the majority voted for independence in 1991.

Well, you have misinterpreted the 1991 Crimean referendum I linked you two. A part of the 1991 Crimean sovereignty referendum included the measure that Crimea would become a subject of the USSR, and 94.3% of Crimea voted in favour of it. Crimea voted for independence from Ukraine, not the USSR, or Russia. Later, Ukraine as a whole held a referendum to leave the USSR, as the USSR was dissolving.

Crimea had two referendums in 1991. The first one, January 20, 1991, to reform Crimea as the ASSR, an independent republic, and subject of the USSR, passed with 94.3% in favour:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crimean_sovereignty_referendum,_1991

Crimea was given autonomous region status within Ukraine afterwards.

The second one, December 1st, 1991, regarding Ukraine becoming independent from the USSR, as the USSR was dissolving, passed 92.3% in favour:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ukrainian_independence_referendum,_1991

I'll repost these links so that the full record is here, showing that Crimea has sought to rejoin Russia since they became an independent region in Ukraine:

LA Times, 1994: Crimea OKs Constitution Declaring Its Independence From Ukraine

NY Times, 1994: Separatist Winning Crimea Presidency

Polling by the Razumkov Centre in 2008 found that 63.8% of Crimeans (76% of Russians, 55% of Ukrainians, and 14% of Crimean Tatars, respectively) would like Crimea to secede from Ukraine and join Russia...

UN polling of Crimea, to find whether Crimeans want to rejoin Russia:

In Favour | Not In Favour | Undecided

2009 Q3[37]    70%    14%    16%
2009 Q4[37]    67%    15%    18%
2010 Q1[38]    66%    14%    20%
2010 Q2[38]    65%    12%    23%
2010 Q3[38]    67%    11%    22%
2010 Q4[38]    66%    9%    25%
2011 Q4[39]    65.6%    14.2%    20.2%

A poll conducted by the Crimean Institute of Political and Social Research on 8–10 March 2014 found that 77% of respondents planned to vote for "reunification with Russia"

A poll conducted by the GfK Group on 12–14 March 2014 with 600 respondents found that 70.6% of Crimeans intended to vote for joining Russia, 10.8% for restoring the 1992 constitution and 5.6% did not intend to take part in the referendum

The Guardian: Crimea goes to the polls with landslide expected for union with Russia

Bloomberg: One Year Later, Crimeans Prefer Russia

GfK conducted a Crimean survey between January 16 and 22, 2015, and the survey found that 82% of Crimeans "fully endorse" Crimea's secession from Ukraine and joining the Russian federation, and that 11% of Crimeans "mostly endorse" Crimea's secession from Ukraine and joining the Russian federation

Another survey was commissioned by John O’Loughlin, College Professor of Distinction and Professor of Geography at the University of Colorado in Boulder, and Gerard Toal, Professor of Government and International Affairs at Virginia Tech’s National Capital Region campus. It was conducted during December 2014 the survey showed showed "widespread support for Crimea’s decision to secede from Ukraine and join the Russian Federation."

poll results.jpg

Further pre and post-referendum poll data: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crimean_status_referendum,_2014#Polling

The polling history of Crimea's interest in rejoining Russia is clear, consistent, and without any outlier: Rejoining Russia was the authentic democratic will of the Crimean people. Which means that the West-nation narrative concerning the 2014 Crimean referendum is fiction, and propaganda. And you're being a willing propagandist, and not respecting the Crimean people's own wishes concerning their own lives and region.

Now on the referendum... that wasn't appealing to 'special authority' or anything... it's appealing to common fucking sense.

Again, you're using a logical fallacy, ad hominem, to back up your previous logical fallacy

If you think any election is fair and democratic after a few batallions of paratroopers and special forces just steamrolled into the place I just don't think there's any hope for you.

Again, logical fallacy.

I'm sorry, but this is pointless. When you start quoting sites like globalresearch.ca - a well-known Kremlin outlet

According to who? Some disgruntled online poster, like yourself, who obfuscates matters they don't understand and don't like the sound of? Also, the quotes are of EU MPs, and other European politicians, not of a news site's opinions.

LA Times, NY Times, Bloomberg, The Guardian, Huffington Post, Jerusalem Post... apparently everything is Russian propaganda to you, if it doesn't conform to your own personal propaganda. The things I've referenced are not opinion pieces, they are the only existing record of events.

- I don't think there's much reasoning with you. You're really cherry picking facts and sources. Sticking to English sources is really no protection considering most of the Russian propaganda is produced in English in the first place.

You haven't addressed any of the content of the articles I linked to, or any of the content of my posts. You're throwing out misdirection after misdirection, trying to cover the great amount of ignorance and incompetence of your original post, which I picked apart comprehensively with substantiated historical record. Your claim of thinking you cannot reason here is merely a smokescreen for the fact that you aren't capable to discuss the facts of this subject, because you don't know them.

Plenty of western sourcfes have copied and reproduced that crap (often without even referencing the original source). Likewise, quoting a few random politicians isn't very impressive either, considering it's established fact that some of them are obviously in bed with Russia.

I still don't see your point anyway. Are you arguing that even if somehow part of a region would like to split off at the moment, it's okay to simply invade? Donbas didn't even want to join Russia. For Russia it was never about the people anyway. It was about securing the harbor at Sevastopol and the arms industry in east Ukraine.

The majority of your response comes across to me as semi-incoherent deluded and emotional blathering. I think that you clearly have nothing accurate to present, and so you're just rambling.

Invading actually means something, something which Russia did not do in regards to Crimea or Ukraine. But I understand that meaning can get in the way of effective rambling. There were Russian troops present during the 2014 Crimean referendum, but Russia has their Black Sea military base on the Crimea peninsula, and were legally allowed to have up to 25,000 troops on the Crimean peninsula, in an agreement with former-Ukraine. There was no invasion from Russia, and, as international observers who attended the 2014 Crimean referendum attested, there was scarcely any, or no sign of military presence during the referendum vote.

Not entirely related to any of the previous discussion, but... Georgian Saakashvili quits as Ukraine Odessa governor: http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-37895588

Mikheil Saakashvili, former Georgrian president, and the madman who invaded South Ossetia and started killing its civilians populations in an attempt to force the region to submit to the control of the Georgian state, is now living in West Ukraine, while his Georgian citizenship has been revoked by the Georgian government, and a Georgian arrest warrant has been issued against him for charges of embezzlement and abuse of power.

In West Ukraine, Saakashvili had been named governor of the Odessa port by Petro Poroshenko, an Oligarch and the current president of West Ukraine, who also was one of the Maiden coup organizers. 

Since then, the Georgian government has received leaked tapes that record Mikheil Saakashvili talking to people of his former Georgian political party, and calling for a violent coup effort in Georgia. In the leaked tapes, Saakashvili calls for hiring 1,500 to 2,000 militants, and have them entrench themselves in a building that hosts a propaganda radio station, with provisions to last for weeks, and weaponry to defend it from any attempted eviction.

From the recording:

“To hell with the profit… It’s an ordinary revolution, war. You have to go for the revolution here, call on the people for defense. You have to fortify, build barricades, right, exactly barricades. Just seal yourselves off. Stockpile water and stuff and go for a weeks-long standoff,” he said, adding it would be fine if the conflict turned violent and even involved shootouts.

Saakashvili's plan for Georgia mirrors the tactic used in West Ukraine to instigate its coup. It seems that Saakashvili and Poroshenko are birds of a feather. Violent, manipulative, murderous, government-stealing birds.

You own the software that you purchase - Understanding software licenses and EULAs

"We’ll know our disinformation program is complete when everything the american public believes is false" - William Casey, CIA Director 1981-1987

2 hours ago, Jovidah said:

Actually... I don't really see Trump or the government do any of that. All the rethoric and retaded talk aside, I still have some hope that he's mostly talk and no content. But when he listens to his advisors and the security establishment that can simply mean...well... not much change

he is the commander in chief, he doesn't have to listed to the advisors if he doesn't want to; those people will be there to advise him, not to pull the plug

I really hope Congress finds a reason to impeach him 

2 hours ago, NoGravityPanda said:

Ummmm 

Why do they use voting machines again?

Probably saves time and doesn't waste paper.  I live in Kentucky and everyone I know, myself included, used pencil and paper yesterday.

- ASUS X99 Deluxe - i7 5820k - Nvidia GTX 1080ti SLi - 4x4GB EVGA SSC 2800mhz DDR4 - Samsung SM951 500 - 2x Samsung 850 EVO 512 -

- EK Supremacy EVO CPU Block - EK FC 1080 GPU Blocks - EK XRES 100 DDC - EK Coolstream XE 360 - EK Coolstream XE 240 -

3 hours ago, TidaLWaveZ said:

Probably saves time and doesn't waste paper.  I live in Kentucky and everyone I know, myself included, used pencil and paper yesterday.

Also from what Ive heard people can vote over the internet, which is just a horrible idea

1 minute ago, NoGravityPanda said:

Also from what Ive heard people can vote over the internet, which is just a horrible idea

yea thats sooo dumb, there literally have been cross site scripting attacks for that lol.

2 minutes ago, tlink said:

yea thats sooo dumb, there literally have been cross site scripting attacks for that lol.

Wait why are goverment websites vulnerable for that kind of stuff? goverments should get better people making their stuff/ stop being stupid all around.

5 minutes ago, NoGravityPanda said:

If that's true it had to be limited to early ballots for special circumstances, either way you're right it's a terrible idea.

- ASUS X99 Deluxe - i7 5820k - Nvidia GTX 1080ti SLi - 4x4GB EVGA SSC 2800mhz DDR4 - Samsung SM951 500 - 2x Samsung 850 EVO 512 -

- EK Supremacy EVO CPU Block - EK FC 1080 GPU Blocks - EK XRES 100 DDC - EK Coolstream XE 360 - EK Coolstream XE 240 -

6 minutes ago, NoGravityPanda said:

Wait why are goverment websites vulnerable for that kind of stuff? goverments should get better people making their stuff/ stop being stupid all around.

its incredibly hard, all the big vulnerability's reported to facebook amazon your bank etc are cross site scripting attacks. it mainly is the fault of the browser but we are so dependand on its core functionality that its hard to protect against.

Just now, AresKrieger said:

This is why NH has closed system ballot machines, it slows down the process but is much more secure 

what does that exactly mean? is it digital or paper? what does closed mean?

29 minutes ago, tlink said:

what does that exactly mean? is it digital or paper? what does closed mean?

Can't connect to internet, can't be interfaced with anything besides the inputs (so no usb ethernet etc ports)

It is digital (in most places) but not connected to anything and not able to connect to anything

https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/631048-psu-tier-list-updated/ Tier Breakdown (My understanding)--1 Godly, 2 Great, 3 Good, 4 Average, 5 Meh, 6 Bad, 7 Awful

On 11/7/2016 at 6:13 PM, stconquest said:

"I also believe the HUGE silent majority stands with Trump.Wrong

Reading this after the election results makes your post so much funnier :P Nice facts you provided there too! :D

MacBook Pro 15' 2018 (Pretty much the only system I use)

18 minutes ago, FakezZ said:

Reading this after the election results makes your post so much funnier :P Nice facts you provided there too! :D

"'I also believe the HUGE silent majority stands with Trump.'  Wrong"  Wrong

My System:

Intel Core i5-4690k  / Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo Asus Z97-AR MSI Nvidia GeForce GTX 970 100me Corsair Vengeance LP 1600Mhz 2x4GB DDR3 Samsung 850 EVO 250GB / Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM HDD / NZXT S340 EVGA SuperNOVA G1 650W / Windows 10 Home 64 / AOC G2460PQU 1080p 144hz / Corsair VOID Wireless RGB Razer Taipan Laser Razer Blackwidow Ultimate 2014 

My Laptop (Asus X55C-DS31):

Intel Core i3-2370M @ 2.4Ghz 6GB RAM / OCZ ARC100 240GB SSD /

My Phone:

OnePlus Three Graphite Black / 64GB

My Watch:

Moto 360 1st Generation

2 hours ago, FakezZ said:

well it doesn't have to be because not a lot of people voted right? below 60% i think, thats laughable compared to where i live where its around 75%.

9 hours ago, tlink said:

well it doesn't have to be because not a lot of people voted right? below 60% i think, thats laughable compared to where i live where its around 75%.

Under 55% voted.  Roughly 25.9% of eligible voters voted for Trump.  Silent majority now = 25.9%?  Trump logic right there.xD

On 11/11/2016 at 6:30 AM, stconquest said:

Under 55% voted.  Roughly 25.9% of eligible voters voted for Trump.  Silent majority now = 25.9%?  Trump logic right there.xD

Oh yeah because the ones that did not vote would definitely vote for killary... As it stands the silent majority did vote for Trump. As far as the people that voted are concerned. We have no info on the ones that didn't vote. Plus many far left douche-bags equated voting for Trump to being a Nazi and KKK member so I doubt everyone who would vote for Trump was vocal about it.

MacBook Pro 15' 2018 (Pretty much the only system I use)

1 hour ago, FakezZ said:

Oh yeah because the ones that did not vote would definitely vote for killary... As it stands the silent majority did vote for Trump. As far as the people that voted are concerned. We have no info on the ones that didn't vote. Plus many far left douche-bags equated voting for Trump to being a Nazi and KKK member so I doubt everyone who would vote for Trump was vocal about it.

as it stands the silent majority didn't vote at all, it doesn't matter who they like more because they didn't support anyone since they did not vote. and there's no use in arguing it unless there is unbiased statistical data involved but i doubt there is any.