Nvidia stops shipping Geforce experience with the latest (375.57) driver package!

TrigrH

Simply as the title says it the latest drivers are ~47mb smaller and no longer seem to include geforce experience?

Geforce experience as always can be downloaded manually here: http://www.geforce.com/geforce-experience

Lpzg0C6.png

Was this a mistake? or a permanent change?

Honestly i'm glad, since the new version is utter garbage, less data for my shitty internet to download.

Source: 

(image: TrigrH)

375.57 drivers (293.76 MB): http://www.geforce.com/drivers/results/109253

373.06 drivers (340.52 MB): http://www.geforce.com/drivers/results/108324

i use gamestream in my house so unfortunately I kind of need it :/ but i agree, I don't like the new software. It's buggy sometimes

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

1 minute ago, anybodykek said:

aren't drivers exciting? You HAPPY FOR THE NEXT NVIDIA DRIVER RELEASE???!?!?!??!

Nothing like the fresh smell of a geforce experience free driver in the morning.

AMD has just dropped Raptr too. I wonder whether it's just coincidence, or maybe there's some other reason why GPU manufacturers are detaching from these  programs?

I remember a recent survey sent by Microsoft through the Windows Insider Program where they asked about PC usage including gaming, and in particular about the usage of this type of "optimizers" (together with I-don't-remember-its-name - the one that automatically disables Windows background stuff when you launch games).

5 minutes ago, bcredeur97 said:

i use gamestream in my house so unfortunately I kind of need it :/ but i agree, I don't like the new software. It's buggy sometimes

Didnt this work on the older one, or does it force you to use the newest one becasue of the client?

Windows 10 Edu | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | Ryzen 9 3950x | 4x 16GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB| ROG Strix GeForce® RTX 2080 SUPER™ Advanced edition | Samsung 980 PRO 500GB + Samsung 970 Evo Plus 2TB + 8TB Seagate Barracuda | EVGA Supernova 650 G2 | Alienware AW3418DW + LG 34uc87c + Dell u3419w | Asus Zephyrus G14

I did not know that GeForce experience need to be shipped

17 minutes ago, Scruffy90 said:

Didnt this work on the older one, or does it force you to use the newest one becasue of the client?

I think it still works but they added useful stuff(like manually selecting resolution and frame rate), so there's an incentive to use it...

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

14 minutes ago, dexxterlab97 said:

I did not know that GeForce experience need to be shipped

Straight from Asia in an unmarked blank DVD.

Cor Caeruleus Reborn v6

Spoiler

CPU: Intel - Core i7-8700K

CPU Cooler: be quiet! - PURE ROCK 
Thermal Compound: Arctic Silver - 5 High-Density Polysynthetic Silver 3.5g Thermal Paste 
Motherboard: ASRock Z370 Extreme4
Memory: G.Skill TridentZ RGB 2x8GB 3200/14
Storage: Samsung - 850 EVO-Series 500GB 2.5" Solid State Drive 
Storage: Samsung - 960 EVO 500GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive
Storage: Western Digital - Blue 2TB 3.5" 5400RPM Internal Hard Drive
Storage: Western Digital - BLACK SERIES 3TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive
Video Card: EVGA - 970 SSC ACX (1080 is in RMA)
Case: Fractal Design - Define R5 w/Window (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case
Power Supply: EVGA - SuperNOVA P2 750W with CableMod blue/black Pro Series
Optical Drive: LG - WH16NS40 Blu-Ray/DVD/CD Writer 
Operating System: Microsoft - Windows 10 Pro OEM 64-bit and Linux Mint Serena
Keyboard: Logitech - G910 Orion Spectrum RGB Wired Gaming Keyboard
Mouse: Logitech - G502 Wired Optical Mouse
Headphones: Logitech - G430 7.1 Channel  Headset
Speakers: Logitech - Z506 155W 5.1ch Speakers

I noticed this too, was wondering if the custom installer is just different or it's gonna force GFE without giving the option - it didn't install after all 

Don't really care about the new version, I'm still rocking the older version before they tried shoving it down my throat. It will never try to update and it works just fine, the only thing I use it for is turning shadow play on and off.

Intel Xeon 1650 V0 (4.4GHz @1.4V), ASRock X79 Extreme6, 32GB of HyperX 1866, Sapphire Nitro+ 5700XT, Silverstone Redline (black) RL05BB-W, Crucial MX500 500GB SSD, TeamGroup GX2 512GB SSD, WD AV-25 1TB 2.5" HDD with generic Chinese 120GB SSD as cache, x2 Seagate 2TB SSHD(RAID 0) with generic Chinese 240GB SSD as cache, SeaSonic Focus Plus Gold 850, x2 Acer H236HL, Acer V277U be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 4, Logitech K120, Tecknet "Gaming" mouse, Creative Inspire T2900, HyperX Cloud Flight Wireless headset, Windows 10 Pro 64 bit

29 minutes ago, zMeul said:

I noticed this too, was wondering if the custom installer is just different or it's gonna force GFE without giving the option - it didn't install after all 

or they start keeping game ready drivers on GFE only, as earlier rumours suggested. 

Just now, TrigrH said:

or they start keeping game ready drivers on GFE only, as earlier rumours suggested. 

this is a game ready driver

Didn't I hear they were planning to lock game ready drivers behind GFE with an account?

This doesn't make sense. Their release notes say GFE is included:

http://us.download.nvidia.com/Windows/375.57/375.57-win10-win8-win7-desktop-release-notes.pdf

The problem is that this is an nVidia product and scoring any nVidia product a "zero" is also highly predictive of the number of nVidia products the reviewer will receive for review in the future.

On 2015-01-28 at 5:24 PM, Victorious Secret said:

Only yours, you don't shitpost on the same level that we can, mainly because this thread is finally dead and should be locked.

On 2016-06-07 at 11:25 PM, patrickjp93 said:

I wasn't wrong. It's extremely rare that I am. I provided sources as well. Different devs can disagree. Further, we now have confirmed discrepancy from Twitter about he use of the pre-release 1080 driver in AMD's demo despite the release 1080 driver having been out a week prior.

On 2016-09-10 at 4:32 PM, Hikaru12 said:

You apparently haven't seen his responses to questions on YouTube. He is very condescending and aggressive in his comments with which there is little justification. He acts totally different in his videos. I don't necessarily care for this content style and there is nothing really unique about him or his channel. His endless dick jokes and toilet humor are annoying as well.

1 minute ago, Shahnewaz said:

This doesn't make sense. Their release notes say GFE is included:

http://us.download.nvidia.com/Windows/375.57/375.57-win10-win8-win7-desktop-release-notes.pdf

I saw this too but @zMeul and I have both observed the lack the GFE and the smaller driver size basically proves it. 

2 minutes ago, Rune said:

So...guess I am the only one that likes GFE?

I like it as well.

Cor Caeruleus Reborn v6

Spoiler

CPU: Intel - Core i7-8700K

CPU Cooler: be quiet! - PURE ROCK 
Thermal Compound: Arctic Silver - 5 High-Density Polysynthetic Silver 3.5g Thermal Paste 
Motherboard: ASRock Z370 Extreme4
Memory: G.Skill TridentZ RGB 2x8GB 3200/14
Storage: Samsung - 850 EVO-Series 500GB 2.5" Solid State Drive 
Storage: Samsung - 960 EVO 500GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive
Storage: Western Digital - Blue 2TB 3.5" 5400RPM Internal Hard Drive
Storage: Western Digital - BLACK SERIES 3TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive
Video Card: EVGA - 970 SSC ACX (1080 is in RMA)
Case: Fractal Design - Define R5 w/Window (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case
Power Supply: EVGA - SuperNOVA P2 750W with CableMod blue/black Pro Series
Optical Drive: LG - WH16NS40 Blu-Ray/DVD/CD Writer 
Operating System: Microsoft - Windows 10 Pro OEM 64-bit and Linux Mint Serena
Keyboard: Logitech - G910 Orion Spectrum RGB Wired Gaming Keyboard
Mouse: Logitech - G502 Wired Optical Mouse
Headphones: Logitech - G430 7.1 Channel  Headset
Speakers: Logitech - Z506 155W 5.1ch Speakers

I installed the October 20th Nvidia driver twice today, once in Windows 7 and once in Windows 10. Both times, after restarting my PC and then opening the Nvidia control panel in each Windows OS, a GFE installer windows popped up, and I just installed it.

You own the software that you purchase - Understanding software licenses and EULAs

"We’ll know our disinformation program is complete when everything the american public believes is false" - William Casey, CIA Director 1981-1987

18 minutes ago, Delicieuxz said:

I installed the October 20th Nvidia driver twice today, once in Windows 7 and once in Windows 10. Both times, after restarting my PC and then opening the Nvidia control panel in each Windows OS, a GFE installer windows popped up, and I just installed it.

did it then download the files?

Thank god, Geforce Experience is almost akin to malware now, installing multiple services and apps that run in the background and ALWAYS installing, even if you selected not to install it. And I only ever used it for game sharing, but that feature was never developed properly and barely worked.

EDIT: Looking at the release notes, there is meant to be GeForce Experience included with the drivers.

7d578ff6f1.png

EDIT2:

The driver package does seem to have a lot more crap taken out of it now.

45317d75c5.png

43 minutes ago, Arokhantos said:

Would asume that after 10 years they would have new nvidia control panel, nope still using laggy old nvidia control panel.

Yeah the current panel is a laggy mess. But it works.

I dunno if AMD drivers have gotten any better but my experience in the past with them was never good.