Nvidia stops shipping Geforce experience with the latest (375.57) driver package!

TrigrH
5 hours ago, Rune said:

So...guess I am the only one that likes GFE?

I like it too.  ?  It made updating my graphics drivers for my 970 (now 1070) super easy and hassle free.  

Though on both my desktops when I tried to update to the new version the install crashed partway through and left me with no GeForce experience at all until I manually downloaded and installed the new version myself.  It's worked fine since then so far as I can tell.  It was just that the attempted update from the previous version had the same crash during the update both times.

For years on the 3 laptops I've had since 2006 I never thought or bothered to update my graphics drivers.  My guess I wasn't getting the optimum performance from those laptop GPUs from them using very outdated drivers for years.   Then after getting my first desktop last January I've actually been good about keeping them updated.  Due largely to GeForce Experience notifying me when there's a new driver to update to.  

7 hours ago, TrigrH said:

did it then download the files?

They were already downloaded. When I checked the "I agree" box for the terms, and then clicked the install button, or whatever it was labelled, it installed immediately, and quickly. It took only a few seconds.

You own the software that you purchase - Understanding software licenses and EULAs

"We’ll know our disinformation program is complete when everything the american public believes is false" - William Casey, CIA Director 1981-1987

I could be mistaken but I'd swear Nvidia had always provided links to download just the drivers without any GFE stuff associated with it, it was just tucked away and you had to look a little bit to find them.

On 10/21/2016 at 10:40 PM, bcredeur97 said:

i use gamestream in my house so unfortunately I kind of need it :/ but i agree, I don't like the new software. It's buggy sometimes

I love the new software, only reason because it actually downloads the driver and installs it. The last version downloaded the driver, but wouldnt install it. Then if you restart the computer, you'd have to download it again. I had to manually download all my updates from the website. this one fixed the problem 

Space Journal #1: So Apparently i  was dropped on the moon like i'm a mars rover, in a matter of hours i have found the transformers on the dark side of the moon. Turns out its not that dark since dem robots are filled with lights, i waved hi to the Russians on the space station, turns out all those stories about space finding humans instead of the other way around is true(soviet Russia joke). They threw me some Heineken beer and I've been sitting staring at the people of this forum and earth since. 

Just so we're clear, NVIDIA is still bundling GeForce Experience with their drivers.

Capture.PNG

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

Reasons to use GFE:

• Shadowplay is pretty cool i guess

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III

On 22/10/2016 at 9:00 AM, Arokhantos said:

Would asume that after 10 years they would have new nvidia control panel, nope still using laggy old nvidia control panel.

Its probably to make it compatible with every version of windows.

had to install nvidia drivers on my sec system ,

it forces me to LOGIN w/ google or FB or an nvidia account to JUST ACCESS THE SOFTWARE TO UPDATE THE DRIVERS 25.gif

just a lil rant there , but interesting to see that they ditch a feature that has been there for so long ,

but just like AMD discontinuing CCC , GE will be replaced w/ somethin new and fancy , like wattman 

RyzenAir : AMD R5 3600 | AsRock AB350M Pro4 | 32gb Aegis DDR4 3000 | GTX 1070 FE | Fractal Design Node 804
RyzenITX : Ryzen 7 1700 | GA-AB350N-Gaming WIFI | 16gb DDR4 2666 | GTX 1060 | Cougar QBX 

PSU Tier list

10 minutes ago, DildorTheDecent said:

Reasons to use GFE:

• Shadowplay is pretty cool i guess

Funny thing. My card is fully capable or supporting it, for some reason its listed as not supported and I can't use it.
At least now I wont get reminded that every time I download new drivers.

Laptop: Acer V3-772G  CPU: i5 4200M GPU: GT 750M SSD: Crucial MX100 256GB
DesktopCPU: R7 1700x GPU: RTX 2080 SSDSamsung 860 Evo 1TB 

On 10/22/2016 at 9:00 AM, Arokhantos said:

Would asume that after 10 years they would have new nvidia control panel, nope still using laggy old nvidia control panel.

Well...AMD's new control panel is so half baked...half of it is using a new interface but once you dive deeper into the control panel, the old one pops up :P (and I know you posted than 10 days ago ;))

Looking at my signature are we now? Well too bad there's nothing here...

What? As I said, there seriously is nothing here :) 

1 minute ago, JuztBe said:

Funny thing. My card is fully capable or supporting it, for some reason its listed as not supported and I can't use it.
At least now I wont get reminded that every time I download new drivers.

That's good to hear.

Always a fun time when it just doesn't open xD

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III

On 22/10/2016 at 3:51 AM, deXxterlab97 said:

I did not know that GeForce experience need to be shipped

Yeah, 3-5 business days for delivery, free postage.

Project White Lightning (My ITX Gaming PC): Core i5-4690K | CRYORIG H5 Ultimate | ASUS Maximus VII Impact | HyperX Savage 2x8GB DDR3 | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | WD Black 1TB | Sapphire RX 480 8GB NITRO+ OC | Phanteks Enthoo EVOLV ITX | Corsair AX760 | LG 29UM67 | CM Storm Quickfire Ultimate | Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum | HyperX Cloud II | Logitech Z333

Benchmark Results: 3DMark Firestrike: 10,528 | SteamVR VR Ready (avg. quality 7.1) | VRMark 7,004 (VR Ready)

Other systems I've built:

Core i3-6100 | CM Hyper 212 EVO | MSI H110M ECO | Corsair Vengeance LPX 1x8GB DDR4  | ADATA SP550 120GB | Seagate 500GB | EVGA ACX 2.0 GTX 1050 Ti | Fractal Design Core 1500 | Corsair CX450M

Core i5-4590 | Intel Stock Cooler | Gigabyte GA-H97N-WIFI | HyperX Savage 2x4GB DDR3 | Seagate 500GB | Intel Integrated HD Graphics | Fractal Design Arc Mini R2 | be quiet! Pure Power L8 350W

I am not a professional. I am not an expert. I am just a smartass. Don't try and blame me if you break something when acting upon my advice.

...why are you still reading this?

No matter what they claim, this is not a mistake. Getting rid of the......software equivalent of herpes, that is Geforce Experience, can be nothing but good.

On 10/30/2016 at 4:37 PM, ThinkWithPortals said:

Yeah, 3-5 business days for delivery, free postage.

If the truck doesn't crash. Which it will.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs