What was your first horrible graphics card?

NTDaws

I'd say 980 sc ftw. Both of them. 

Main RIg Corsair Air 540, I7 9900k, ASUS ROG Maximus XI Hero, G.Skill Ripjaws 3600 32GB, 3090FE, EVGA 1000G5, Acer Nitro XZ3 2560 x 1440@240hz 

Spare RIg Lian Li O11 AIR MINI, I7 4790K, Asus Maximus VI Extreme, G.Skill Ares 2400 32Gb, EVGA 1080ti, 1080sc 1070sc & 1060 SSC, EVGA 850GA, Acer KG251Q 1920x1080@240hz

Your GT 210 was a heck of a lot better than my first GPU. It was (And I still own it in another rig of mine) an AMD HD 4550. There wasn't even the word Radeon thrown in to make it sound better :o I love it though as it is the 1GB version which is quite rare these days xD

My Rig:

Xeon E5 1680 V2 @ 4.5GHz - Asus Rampage IV Extreme X79 Mobo - 64GB DDR3 1600MHz - 8 x 8GB Corsair Vengeance Low Profile - CAS 10-10-10-27 - AMD Radeon RX 6700XT Sapphire Pulse 12GB - DeepCool E-Shield E-ATX Tempered Glass Case - 1 x 1TB Crucial P1 NVMe SSD - BeQuiet Straight Power 11 850W Gold+ Quad rail - Fractal Design Celsius S36 & 6 x 120mm silent fans - Lenovo KBBH21 - Corsair Glaive RGB Pro - Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit

Monitors - 3 x Acer Nitro 23.8" 1080p 75Hz IPS 1ms Freesync Panels = AMD Eyefinity @ 75Hz

I had a Nvidia gt 420 for the longest time and I actually thought it was good. Coming from a laptop with integrated graphics to that was gamechanging. Then I got an R9 270 and that blew that outta the water. Then my 1070 blew that out of the water

CPU-AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D GPU- RTX 4070 SUPER FE MOBO-ASUS ROG Strix B650E-E Gaming Wifi RAM-32gb G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo DDR5 6000cl30 STORAGE-2x1TB Seagate Firecuda 530 PCIE4 NVME PSU-Corsair RM1000x Shift COOLING-EK-AIO 360mm with 3x Lian Li P28 + 4 Lian Li TL120 (Intake) CASE-Phanteks NV5 MONITORS-ASUS ROG Strix XG27AQ 1440p 170hz+Gigabyte G24F 1080p 180hz PERIPHERALS-Lamzu Maya+ 4k Dongle+LGG Saturn Pro Mousepad+Nk65 Watermelon (Tangerine Switches)+Autonomous ErgoChair+ AUDIO-RODE NTH-100+Schiit Magni Heresy+Motu M2 Interface

55 minutes ago, Mick Naughty said:

I'd say 980 sc ftw. Both of them. 

That's a good GPU that was at a less-than-great pricepoint. 

NVIDIA Quadro 200M

Roses are red

My name is Roy

We caught the alligator that ate the De Luca boy

5 minutes ago, JoeyDM said:

That's a good GPU that was at a less-than-great pricepoint. 

Just didn't do it for me. Wasn't worth the upgrade. This 1080 strix would be a close second between this 970ssc. 

Main RIg Corsair Air 540, I7 9900k, ASUS ROG Maximus XI Hero, G.Skill Ripjaws 3600 32GB, 3090FE, EVGA 1000G5, Acer Nitro XZ3 2560 x 1440@240hz 

Spare RIg Lian Li O11 AIR MINI, I7 4790K, Asus Maximus VI Extreme, G.Skill Ares 2400 32Gb, EVGA 1080ti, 1080sc 1070sc & 1060 SSC, EVGA 850GA, Acer KG251Q 1920x1080@240hz

Horrible? Umm. The closest to horrible I can think of was the 8500 GT I got when I built my first complete custom PC. Budget is a budget, and I still played Crysis with that, so it wasn't really too bad, just far from ideal. I upgraded it with a 8600 GT just two months later, for Christmas. What was the price difference in the end? 15 euros.

The first graphics card I ever bought as an upgrade was Radeon 9250. The fan of my old one gave up and that was all I could afford from the only store available to me. I didn't do my research so I picked a mere DirectX 8 card while already having games that required DirectX 9. Following days were quite dark.

The first ever graphics card I have been aware of owning was a GeForce 4 MX 440.

18 minutes ago, tatte said:

Horrible? Umm. The closest to horrible I can think of was the 8500 GT I got when I built my first complete custom PC. Budget is a budget, and I still played Crysis with that, so it wasn't really too bad, just far from ideal. I upgraded it with a 8600 GT just two months later, for Christmas. What was the price difference in the end? 15 euros.

The first graphics card I ever bought as an upgrade was Radeon 9250. The fan of my old one gave up and that was all I could afford from the only store available to me. I didn't do my research so I picked a mere DirectX 8 card while already having games that required DirectX 9. Following days were quite dark.

The first ever graphics card I have been aware of owning was a GeForce 4 MX 440.

Sick.

The geek himself.

ASUS GTX 560 TI Direct CU II TOP

Had artifacts on the first day. Thought some software update might fix it. 

It did for some time. 

Artifacts resurfaced a week BEFORE the warranty was about to be over. Lol.

Every single Radeon card I have ever owned. Same reason too; Drivers.

9600 XT

HD4850

HD6870

And my latest headache: RX480

God damnit, I should've never given away my 1060.

P.S. Also my 680 amp. Thanks zotac 500$ down the drain because I didn't register on time.

Played crysis 2 all the way through on a gt610. 

Rig Specs:

AMD Threadripper 5990WX@4.8Ghz

Asus Zenith III Extreme

Asrock OC Formula 7970XTX Quadfire

G.Skill Ripheartout X OC 7000Mhz C28 DDR5 4X16GB  

Super Flower Power Leadex 2000W Psu's X2

Harrynowl's 775/771 OC and mod guide: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/232325-lga775-core2duo-core2quad-overclocking-guide/ http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/365998-mod-lga771-to-lga775-cpu-modification-tutorial/

ProKoN haswell/DC OC guide: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/41234-intel-haswell-4670k-4770k-overclocking-guide/

"desperate for just a bit more money to watercool, the titan x would be thankful" Carter -2016

Don't remember the brand but it was an GeForce 4 MX4000 128MB. It was ok but it was pixel shader 1.0 and a lot of the games that were coming out at the time either were missing post processing effects (like Splinter Cell) or just refused to start because they required PS 1.1 (Prince of Persia).

I suppose I had luck until my NV FX5200. That thing was horrible as it gets. 

The ability to google properly is a skill of its own. 

Thankfully nothing. I have a 6850 and a couple low profiles (GT 740, R7 250, gotta sell the 740) and they're all pretty decent for what they are/were.

GT440 was the first GPU I own. It wasn't horrible though - served me well. I upgraded from that to 970 SLI. 

Mobo: ASUS X99-A  // CPU: i7-5820k // GPU: ASUS GTX 1080 ROG Strix //  Ram: 4 x 4 GB 2666 Mhz G.Skill Ripjaw // SSD: Samsung 960 Pro 512GB NVMe //  PSU: Cooler Master V850  // Case: Corsair 760T Arch White // Mouse: Logitec G903 Lightspeed // Keyboard: Logitech G Pro // Headphones: Audio Technica Ath-R70x // Monitor: BenQ BL2710PT

HD530 lol. Hopefully Im ordering my 470/480 this weekend! 

He who asks is stupid for 5 minutes. He who does not ask, remains stupid. -Chinese proverb. 

Those who know much are aware that they know little. - Slick roasting me

Spoiler

AXIOM

CPU- Intel i5-6500 GPU- EVGA 1060 6GB Motherboard- Gigabyte GA-H170-D3H RAM- 8GB HyperX DDR4-2133 PSU- EVGA GQ 650w HDD- OEM 750GB Seagate Case- NZXT S340 Mouse- Logitech Gaming g402 Keyboard-  Azio MGK1 Headset- HyperX Cloud Core

Offical first poster LTT V2.0

I've never had a horrible GPU, but I used to be kind of late to the game (cuz no money). First card was an ATI Rage 128 to play Warcraft 3. After that 7600GT, 9800GT, GTX670 and now GTX980.

2 hours ago, Bouzoo said:

I suppose I had luck until my NV FX5200. That thing was horrible as it gets. 

6.4 gb/s bandwidth, I cry.

The geek himself.

I also had a Radeon R7 240, what a dumb buy. Price to Performance is shit.

The geek himself.

I want to say Riva TNT 2 M64 but i'm able to enjoy Midtown Madness back in early 2000 because of it so none.

| Intel i7-3770@4.2Ghz | Asus Z77-V | Zotac 980 Ti Amp! Omega | DDR3 1800mhz 4GB x4 | 300GB Intel DC S3500 SSD | 512GB Plextor M5 Pro | 2x 1TB WD Blue HDD |
 | Enermax NAXN82+ 650W 80Plus Bronze | Fiio E07K | Grado SR80i | Cooler Master XB HAF EVO | Logitech G27 | Logitech G600 | CM Storm Quickfire TK | DualShock 4 |

8 hours ago, 42kq said:

And my latest headache: RX480

What's wrong with it? AMD drivers ATM in terms of stability and how much of the time it works is possibly better than Nvidia drivers :P 

Looking at my signature are we now? Well too bad there's nothing here...

What? As I said, there seriously is nothing here :) 

1 hour ago, Mr.Meerkat said:

What's wrong with it? AMD drivers ATM in terms of stability and how much of the time it works is possibly better than Nvidia drivers :P 

eh nothing is perfect.

The geek himself.

Just now, Dawson Wehage said:

eh nothing is perfect.

True but I was just wondering what was wrong with AMD drivers :P 

Looking at my signature are we now? Well too bad there's nothing here...

What? As I said, there seriously is nothing here :) 

6 hours ago, Mr.Meerkat said:

In short everything.

Cant boot into windows with crimson drivers installed, I get stuck at welcome screen, I still hear all the startup sounds but the screen is frozen. Safe mode is the only way for me to even get into my desktop

DVI port does not work when using crimson driver, it defaults to using the DP and HDMI ports first, there is no way around it

Windows default driver is the only way I can use this card

No Aero support which is a shame because that's the main reason I still use windows 7.

p.s. fuck flat design 

But hey if anyone can help i'd be grateful. I'd rather not deal with the RMA process but if I must I will.