What was your first horrible graphics card?

NTDaws
Just now, 42kq said:

In short everything.

Cant boot into windows with crimson drivers installed, I get stuck at welcome screen, I still hear all the startup sounds but the screen is frozen. Safe mode is the only way for me to even get into my desktop

DVI port does not work when using crimson driver, it defaults to using the DP and HDMI ports first, there is no way around it

Windows default driver is the only way I can use this card

No Aero support which is a shame because that's the main reason I still use windows 7.

p.s. fuck flat design 

Never had an issue with crimson

Don't have that issue with my RX470

Nop

Well that's a lie, my RX470 on 16.9.2 is running windows 7 with Aero completely fine :P 

Did you try to redownload the drivers and go back to older drivers if you were using newest drivers? :P 

Looking at my signature are we now? Well too bad there's nothing here...

What? As I said, there seriously is nothing here :) 

I tried everything. AMD support is useless. Their forums are full of incompetence. Still waiting on a reply from MSI. 

GeForce 820m in my MSI CX-61 laptop. 

Then got a MSI 960 4g and it was nice

Now I have a 1080.

• CPU: Intel Core i7-6700k @4.3ghz, Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170X Gaming 7, RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB @2400mhz, GPU: Gigabyte GTX 1080 G1 , Case: Corsair 300R, Storage: Samsung 850 EVO 256GB SSD, WD 1TB Black HDD, WD 2TB HDD PSU: Evga SuperNova 750 G2, Display: ASUS VG248QE @144hz, Cooling: Cooler Master V8 GTS, Keyboard: Corsair K95 RGB Platinum, Mouse: Logitech G502 Lightspeed, Sound: Phillips SHP9500 + VModa Boom Pro, Operating System: Windows 10 Pro
  •  

EVGA 512MB Geforce 6200 Turbocache (64MB DDR2 vRAM effective, the other 448 is dynamically allocated from system memory by the driver so the card always reports 512MB of vRAM regardless). That POS was slower than my Geforce FX5500 256MB-and it has DDR for its vRAM.

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

On 10/20/2016 at 11:06 PM, smokefest said:

I am old..

I used AGP cards when I was young...

First card I had was a 150$ Voodoo 128 MB VRAM

I can't tell the clock speed tho I was a noob back then, but still I knew what a gpu was and could install it myself :P

I can say at that time I was playin Counter Strike 1.5  in 480P @ 20 fps :)

20 fps... jesus christ.

Strike the shepherd and the sheep will scatter.

On 10/20/2016 at 11:12 AM, smokefest said:

I remember when I bought my nvidia ge fore 6600 ULTRA

Yep, back then, the grades were : 6600 GT , 6600 GTX and the best was 6600 Ultra

Sadly they removed ultra and put GT or GTX at first now. I loved the Ultra word dunno why xD

You're forgetting about Vanilla.  I had an AGP 6600 256mb.  Pretty sure it was a PNY.  It had an issue where running the updated drivers would cause it to be unable to play videos without crashing my computer.  Gamed decently well though.

Upgraded that to an AGP 7600GT, which I was using until mid-2011.  Worked pretty well at 720p while I was at school, and at 1024x768 at home.

My first card though was a Diamond Stealth PCI Radeon 9200SE, 128mb that I dropped into a Pentium 3 Optiplex.  It was incapable of rendering the cloaking effect in Halo, which made spotting cloaked enemies online super easy since they would show up bright blue.  Originally had no fan, I jammed a CPU fan from an AMD K6 onto the cooler and overclocked the GPU from 200mhz to 305 and it somehow didn't melt.  Memory didn't like to OC much at all.

SFF-ish:  Ryzen 5 1600X, Asrock AB350M Pro4, 16GB Corsair LPX 3200, Sapphire R9 Fury Nitro -75mV, 512gb Plextor Nvme m.2, 512gb Sandisk SATA m.2, Cryorig H7, stuffed into an Inwin 301 with rgb front panel mod.  LG27UD58.

Aging Workhorse:  Phenom II X6 1090T Black (4GHz #Yolo), 16GB Corsair XMS 1333, RX 470 Red Devil 4gb (Sold for $330 to Cryptominers), HD6850 1gb, Hilariously overkill Asus Crosshair V, 240gb Sandisk SSD Plus, 4TB's worth of mechanical drives, and a bunch of water/glycol.  Coming soon:  Bykski CPU block, whatever cheap Polaris 10 GPU I can get once miners start unloading them.

MintyFreshMedia:  Thinkserver TS130 with i3-3220, 4gb ecc ram, 120GB Toshiba/OCZ SSD booting Linux Mint XFCE, 2TB Hitachi Ultrastar.  In Progress:  3D printed drive mounts, 4 2TB ultrastars in RAID 5.

On 10/20/2016 at 7:59 AM, Dawson Wehage said:

What was your first horrible graphics card?

Mine was a GeForce 210.

Comment Below!

My first horrible graphics card choice was a Radeon 9600. (https://www.amazon.com/FIC-RADEON-128-bit-Bracket-S-Video/dp/B015W53BYY/ref=sr_1_2/164-2343842-4883206?ie=UTF8&qid=1477099133&sr=8-2&keywords=radeon+9600)

1 hour ago, IAEInferno said:

20 fps... jesus christ.

That was after I upgraded,

BEfore i buy the card, it was integrated graphics ( on the motherboard at that time,not in cpu like today )

And it was some 10 ish fps :)

41 minutes ago, smokefest said:

That was after I upgraded,

BEfore i buy the card, it was integrated graphics ( on the motherboard at that time,not in cpu like today )

And it was some 10 ish fps :)

I feel blessed.

Strike the shepherd and the sheep will scatter.

3 hours ago, Biggerboot said:

Geforce FX 5500 (my first discrete gpu purchase).  Probably wasn't terrible when it first came out but it wasn't made with DX9 in mind.  Going from that to the 6600 was night and day in Doom 3.

I kind of regret not spending a bit more on the original Geforce 6200 which could be unlocked to a 6600.

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL