ebay seller is scamming me

Canada EH

It's shit like this that makes me want to stop selling on eBay. I'm always worried some clown will do this to me.

i7 2600k @ 5GHz 1.49v - EVGA GTX 1070 ACX 3.0 - 16GB DDR3 2000MHz Corsair Vengence

Asus p8z77-v lk - 480GB Samsung 870 EVO w/ W10 LTSC - 2x1TB HDD storage - 240GB SATA SSD w/ W7 - EVGA 650w 80+G G2

3x 1080p 60hz Viewsonic LCDs, 1 glorious Dell CRT running at anywhere from 60hz to 120hz

Model M w/ Soarer's adapter - Logitch g502 - Audio-Techinca M20X - Cambridge SoundWorks speakers w/ woofer

I am the Ebay Seller that is apparently scamming this buyer.

Here is what happened.

The buyer purchased a black 4S iPhone LCD digitizer. After purchasing, the buyer sent me a message to let me know that he ordered the wrong one and asked if I can send a white one instead. When I saw the messages, I saw the "Buyer wants to cancel order" message.

So, I messaged the buyer and said that I can can send the White LCD digitizer instead of the Black one that was ordered. I said that there was no need to cancel the order. I then asked if the buyer would still like to cancel the order anyway.

More than a day later, still no reply from the buyer. Yes, I read my messages. Yes, I sent you a reply to your message. Look in the Ebay message center!

I was getting my orders ready to drop off at the Post Office and still never received a reply from the buyer. So, I packaged a White LCD iPhone 4S digitizer.

I dropped off the packages at the Post Office. Even though it is the Thanksgiving long weekend. The Post Office has a mail drop off box. I mark the orders as shipped as soon as the packages leaves my hands and is in the possession of Canada Post.

However, the Post Office will not be shipping your order until the mail goes out tomorrow (Tuesday) afternoon.

I will phone the Post Office first thing in the morning and get the package back. Then I will refund your purchase.

I was notified about this thread from a forum reader and was warned that a buyer was planning on leaving me a Negative or Neutral feedback. I have received 2 Negative feedback in the past 9 months out of 3500 transactions. That should say something about the level of customer service that I provide. In the 4 years of selling online, I have never taken more than 24 hours to reply to any customer message, even on weekends and holidays.

Here is a complete timeline of events.

Friday, October 7th at 6:01 pm: Buyer makes purchase

Friday, October 7th at 6:03 pm  Buyer sends message asking if I can send White iPhone 4s LCD instead of the Black one that was purchased

Friday, October 7th at 6:05 pm Buyer requests to cancel order

Friday, October 7th at 7:07 pm  I replied to buyer message to let the buyer know that I can ship the White LCD no problem and that there is no need to cancel the order. I still asked if the buyer would like to cancel the order anyway.

Saturday, October 8th at 10:58 pm, I marked the order as shipped, half an hour after I dropped my orders off at the Post Office. Yes, sometimes I do drop the packages off at the Post Office late at night.

Question for the buyer: Do you ever check YOUR messages??? If you checked the Ebay message center, you would see the message that I sent. I just checked to make sure that the message did get sent. It did.

Another question. Why didn't you sent me another message instead of complaining that I am a scammer on a public forum?

2 minutes ago, aisle9 said:

Welcome to LTT. Please stay. I like you. We need you.

Notice me, Senpai?

Cor Caeruleus Reborn v6

Spoiler

CPU: Intel - Core i7-8700K

CPU Cooler: be quiet! - PURE ROCK 
Thermal Compound: Arctic Silver - 5 High-Density Polysynthetic Silver 3.5g Thermal Paste 
Motherboard: ASRock Z370 Extreme4
Memory: G.Skill TridentZ RGB 2x8GB 3200/14
Storage: Samsung - 850 EVO-Series 500GB 2.5" Solid State Drive 
Storage: Samsung - 960 EVO 500GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive
Storage: Western Digital - Blue 2TB 3.5" 5400RPM Internal Hard Drive
Storage: Western Digital - BLACK SERIES 3TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive
Video Card: EVGA - 970 SSC ACX (1080 is in RMA)
Case: Fractal Design - Define R5 w/Window (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case
Power Supply: EVGA - SuperNOVA P2 750W with CableMod blue/black Pro Series
Optical Drive: LG - WH16NS40 Blu-Ray/DVD/CD Writer 
Operating System: Microsoft - Windows 10 Pro OEM 64-bit and Linux Mint Serena
Keyboard: Logitech - G910 Orion Spectrum RGB Wired Gaming Keyboard
Mouse: Logitech - G502 Wired Optical Mouse
Headphones: Logitech - G430 7.1 Channel  Headset
Speakers: Logitech - Z506 155W 5.1ch Speakers

26 minutes ago, Quality Cellular said:

I am the Ebay Seller that is apparently scamming this buyer.

Here is what happened.

The buyer purchased a black 4S iPhone LCD digitizer. After purchasing, the buyer sent me a message to let me know that he ordered the wrong one and asked if I can send a white one instead. When I saw the messages, I saw the "Buyer wants to cancel order" message.

So, I messaged the buyer and said that I can can send the White LCD digitizer instead of the Black one that was ordered. I said that there was no need to cancel the order. I then asked if the buyer would still like to cancel the order anyway.

More than a day later, still no reply from the buyer. Yes, I read my messages. Yes, I sent you a reply to your message. Look in the Ebay message center!

I was getting my orders ready to drop off at the Post Office and still never received a reply from the buyer. So, I packaged a White LCD iPhone 4S digitizer.

I dropped off the packages at the Post Office. Even though it is the Thanksgiving long weekend. The Post Office has a mail drop off box. I mark the orders as shipped as soon as the packages leaves my hands and is in the possession of Canada Post.

However, the Post Office will not be shipping your order until the mail goes out tomorrow (Tuesday) afternoon.

I will phone the Post Office first thing in the morning and get the package back. Then I will refund your purchase.

I was notified about this thread from a forum reader and was warned that a buyer was planning on leaving me a Negative or Neutral feedback. I have received 2 Negative feedback in the past 9 months out of 3500 transactions. That should say something about the level of customer service that I provide. In the 4 years of selling online, I have never taken more than 24 hours to reply to any customer message, even on weekends and holidays.

Here is a complete timeline of events.

Friday, October 7th at 6:01 pm: Buyer makes purchase

Friday, October 7th at 6:03 pm  Buyer sends message asking if I can send White iPhone 4s LCD instead of the Black one that was purchased

Friday, October 7th at 6:05 pm Buyer requests to cancel order

Friday, October 7th at 7:07 pm  I replied to buyer message to let the buyer know that I can ship the White LCD no problem and that there is no need to cancel the order. I still asked if the buyer would like to cancel the order anyway.

Saturday, October 8th at 10:58 pm, I marked the order as shipped, half an hour after I dropped my orders off at the Post Office. Yes, sometimes I do drop the packages off at the Post Office late at night.

Question for the buyer: Do you ever check YOUR messages??? If you checked the Ebay message center, you would see the message that I sent. I just checked to make sure that the message did get sent. It did.

Another question. Why didn't you sent me another message instead of complaining that I am a scammer on a public forum?

Rekt

6 hours ago, 2Buck said:

It's shit like this that makes me want to stop selling on eBay. I'm always worried some clown will do this to me.

Fortunately, most of my customers are very nice and a pleasure to do business with. There will always be a few customers that are difficult to deal with. That is part of the business. No matter what business that you are running, whether it is online or offline, you are never going to make everyone happy no matter how hard that you try.

For every 500 customers that are happy to have purchased from me, 1 customer has not been happy with their purchase for whatever reason. I'll take those numbers any day. :)

2 minutes ago, Quality Cellular said:

Fortunately, most of my customers are very nice and a pleasure to do business with. There will always be a few customers that are difficult to deal with. That is part of the business. No matter what business that you are running, whether it is online or offline, you are never going to make everyone happy no matter how hard that you try.

For every 500 customers that are happy to have purchased from me, 1 customer has not been happy with their purchase for whatever reason. I'll take those numbers any day. :)

Hey man what's your store's name? I'm interested in buying a new phone. 

5 minutes ago, Quality Cellular said:

Yep, it is what it is. Congrats on your ebay career. Keep up the good work. :)

i7 2600k @ 5GHz 1.49v - EVGA GTX 1070 ACX 3.0 - 16GB DDR3 2000MHz Corsair Vengence

Asus p8z77-v lk - 480GB Samsung 870 EVO w/ W10 LTSC - 2x1TB HDD storage - 240GB SATA SSD w/ W7 - EVGA 650w 80+G G2

3x 1080p 60hz Viewsonic LCDs, 1 glorious Dell CRT running at anywhere from 60hz to 120hz

Model M w/ Soarer's adapter - Logitch g502 - Audio-Techinca M20X - Cambridge SoundWorks speakers w/ woofer

1 hour ago, Quality Cellular said:

I am the Ebay Seller that is apparently being scammed by this buyer.

edited your post, now it sounds more correct ;)

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X Heatsink: Gelid Phantom Black GPU: Palit RTX 3060 Ti Dual RAM: Corsair DDR4 2x8GB 3000Mhz mobo: Asus X570-P case: Fractal Design Define C PSU: Superflower Leadex Gold 650W

6 hours ago, Bouzoo said:

@Quality Cellular

What a turn of events. Nice of you coming here and telling you part of the story. Every story has 2 sides, and this was an interesting read. 

Thanks! I'm glad that a forum reader sent me a message about this thread so that I was able to join this forum and respond to the complaint.

Last night after posting the messages on this thread, I sent the buyer another message through the Ebay message center. I asked the buyer to open a return request and I will then accept the return request and immediately refund the purchase. If I refund directly through Paypal, Ebay will not refund my Selling fees and I will likely receive a "Cancelled transaction" defect on my selling record which can affect my Top Seller rating. I have not received a reply from the buyer yet.

First thing this morning, I went to the Post Office and got the package back. I was 100% sure that I would be able to get it back. I know all of the Post Office employees very well. The mail does not leave until the end of the day, so I knew that they would still have it.

I have learned a lesson here.

If this happens again where a buyer orders the wrong item, then sends me a message asking if I can send them the correct item instead of the one that they ordered, then sends me a request to cancel the order shortly after, I will just cancel the order and refund the purchase. Then I will reply to the buyer message to let the buyer know that I cancelled the order as requested. Then I will provide a link to the listing that the buyer should have purchased. The buyer will then have the option to purchase to correct item or not. If I did that in this case, the buyer would have never started this thread telling everyone that I am a scammer. :)

On 10/10/2016 at 1:45 AM, Canada EH said:

Then why does ebay even have a cancel order button?

I cancelled the order a minute after I purchased it.

It was Friday evening so there is that. Not sure if postal outlets pick up on weekends, I doubt it. Def not Sunday.

so 2.5 days.

This is his return policy. So its an easy $5 for him, but that word "may". Atleast I got proof of the email :)

For an item that he bought in China for dollars, resells for $25. I just wanted it right away and was willing to pay a premium.

I will see how it goes, maybe give him zero stars for his $25 sale :) 

60 day money back, buyer pays return shipping, 20% restocking fee may apply | *link removed*

I added a restocking fee for a reason. I was seeing an increase of buyers ordering the wrong part for their phone model even though the description in my listings is very clear. Then the buyer opens an "Item not described" return thinking that I sent the wrong part when it is the buyers fault for not reading the description and ordering the wrong part where the description and images in my listing isn't even close to the part the buyer should have ordered. Then I have to refund every penny of the purchase. It still cost me money to ship the item in the first place! The restocking fee allows me to recover my shipping costs. It cost me $1.80 to ship to you by lettermail. Plus the cost of the packaging materials. Plus the time to package your order and mail it.

I added the restocking fee the first week of June after selling for over 3 years without a restocking fee. I keep track of all of my expenses. When a buyer orders in error and I refund the purchase, I keep track of what it cost me to ship the item. I was spending an extra $150 to $200 per month in postage for the first 5 months of this year because people were not reading my clearly written descriptions and ordering in error. That is about $2000 a year out of my pocket in extra postage costs because some buyers just don't pay any attention to the description and order the wrong part.

FYI, I wish I only paid a few dollars for it. My profit is only $4 cdn on the screen that you purchased for $24.95.

On 10/10/2016 at 11:51 AM, Canada EH said:

I figured out that if he sends me the black digitizer that I will just buy a black sticker for the white case, perhaps make it look like carbon fiber rather then risk paint marking something. I actually prefer a black phone.

I took a look at my messages and the seller did not respond. Took him 2 days from my order to send it.

I thought maybe he would have perhaps changed the order to a white digitizer instead of black and messaged me.

And an added note, I dont see how he could have sent ANYTHING out on Thanksgiving Sunday.

Ebay has its quirks!!!! No doubt about that.

Either way the color "problem" is no big deal I guess.

This seller is not a good business man.

Did you look at the messages in the Ebay message center? I did reply to your message 1 hour after you sent it. I double checked my Ebay message center and it shows that my reply was sent. I also have Ebay Email me a copy of any message that I send. I have attached a screenshot showing the message I sent to you.

I got the package back from the Post Office this morning. Open a return request and I will immediately refund your purchase. If you leave me a Negative or Neutral feedback over this, I will be filing a complaint against you with Ebay. You can count on it.

FYI, I get my orders to the Post Office 7 days a week including weekends and holidays. The door is open to the Post Office in my town because people need to have access to their PO Boxes to check the mail. There is a mail drop off slot inside. As soon as the packages leaves my hands and is in the possession of Canada Post, I then mark the orders as shipped even if it is not a business day for the Post Office. I consider a package as shipped when I get it to the Post Office, not when the Post Office actually ships the package after they return to business after the weekend or holiday.

This buyer made 2 purchases from me 6 days apart.

On October 1st, this buyer purchased an  8 piece tool kit from me.

On October 7th, this buyer purchased the iPhone 4S screen that is the subject of this complaint.

Within the last 2 hours,this buyer left me the following Positive feedback on the 8 Piece toolkit purchase:

" Item was as described, arrived well before it was due, good seller "

All of a sudden I am a good seller?

It has been 24 hours since I sent this buyer a message through the Ebay message center. No reply.

A little more than 4 days since I replied to this buyers message in the Ebay message center. No reply.

This whole thing has been really weird.

Looks like OP has become suspiciously silent since @Quality Cellular turned up. Understandable, since it was absolutely him in the wrong.

Btw, @Quality Cellular, how did you find out about this thread?

Project White Lightning (My ITX Gaming PC): Core i5-4690K | CRYORIG H5 Ultimate | ASUS Maximus VII Impact | HyperX Savage 2x8GB DDR3 | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | WD Black 1TB | Sapphire RX 480 8GB NITRO+ OC | Phanteks Enthoo EVOLV ITX | Corsair AX760 | LG 29UM67 | CM Storm Quickfire Ultimate | Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum | HyperX Cloud II | Logitech Z333

Benchmark Results: 3DMark Firestrike: 10,528 | SteamVR VR Ready (avg. quality 7.1) | VRMark 7,004 (VR Ready)

Other systems I've built:

Core i3-6100 | CM Hyper 212 EVO | MSI H110M ECO | Corsair Vengeance LPX 1x8GB DDR4  | ADATA SP550 120GB | Seagate 500GB | EVGA ACX 2.0 GTX 1050 Ti | Fractal Design Core 1500 | Corsair CX450M

Core i5-4590 | Intel Stock Cooler | Gigabyte GA-H97N-WIFI | HyperX Savage 2x4GB DDR3 | Seagate 500GB | Intel Integrated HD Graphics | Fractal Design Arc Mini R2 | be quiet! Pure Power L8 350W

I am not a professional. I am not an expert. I am just a smartass. Don't try and blame me if you break something when acting upon my advice.

...why are you still reading this?

On October 10, 2016 at 9:57 PM, ARikozuM said:

Notice me, Senpai?

On October 10, 2016 at 10:03 PM, aisle9 said:

I already liked you. :P

What about me senpai? ?  Or is it senpies since there's two of you? (sorry bad joke I'm jacked up on coffee atm) 

Sorry if I seem odd.  It's just makes me happy to see an anime related reference.  ?

5 hours ago, ThinkWithPortals said:

Looks like OP has become suspiciously silent since @Quality Cellular turned up. Understandable, since it was absolutely him in the wrong.

Btw, @Quality Cellular, how did you find out about this thread?

I received the following email from a member of this forum:

Subject: Buyer planning on leaving you a negative review on eBay

Message Body:

Hello, I would like to make you aware of a recent buyer who is planning on leaving you a negative review on eBay even if you deliver the product to them. I highly recommend you report them to eBay because they are claiming you are scamming him out of money here: https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/673592-ebay-seller-is-scamming-me/

I replied to Joe's Email and my server has been having trouble sending the Email to his email address. Joe, if you are reading this, thank you for informing me of this thread. :)

14 minutes ago, Quality Cellular said:

I replied to Joe's Email and my server has been having trouble sending the Email to his email address. Joe, if you are reading this, thank you for informing me of this thread. :)

Oh, I assumed you must of had an account and just happened to see it. BTW how did they know you were the seller? 

On 10/10/2016 at 0:38 AM, Canada EH said:

Yes, because I cancelled it a minute after I bought it. Sent him an email. I guess he dont read no emails.

The guys a slickster.

It's your fault for not double checking. He's a good seller, shipping immediately after the order.

5 minutes ago, Comic_Sans_MS said:

Oh, I assumed you must of had an account and just happened to see it. BTW how did they know you were the seller? 

I am wondering the same thing. I've looked through this thread a couple of times and can not see where I was specifically mentioned.

26 minutes ago, Quality Cellular said:

No problem. :)

12 minutes ago, Comic_Sans_MS said:

My internet detective skills are pretty good these days. :D

-KuJoe