ebay seller is scamming me

Canada EH

I ordered a black digitizer and realized my 4S is white. The seller is from a different Alberta city.

I had just bought a iphone 5 and its black, it was in front of my when I made the 4S digitizer purchase.

I realized this moments after I purchased it.

I sent the seller an email right away to cancel order.

I look on my ebay summary now and its been sent.

What a scam that is!

My case for the 4S is white, so its not a matter of changing the back plate.

Maybe I can paint the case black in some paint wont come off and stain anything.

I got to be more careful buying shit on ebay.

The other seller I bought from is a local guy, and I thought I could do a free pickup which I did last week. But I did not see no option for that tonight.

1 minute ago, aisle9 said:

So the seller is scamming you by shipping you exactly what you bought and paid for?

Yes, because I cancelled it a minute after I bought it. Sent him an email. I guess he dont read no emails.

The guys a slickster.

You have to be careful with these things. Don't be like my wife.

Cor Caeruleus Reborn v6

Spoiler

CPU: Intel - Core i7-8700K

CPU Cooler: be quiet! - PURE ROCK 
Thermal Compound: Arctic Silver - 5 High-Density Polysynthetic Silver 3.5g Thermal Paste 
Motherboard: ASRock Z370 Extreme4
Memory: G.Skill TridentZ RGB 2x8GB 3200/14
Storage: Samsung - 850 EVO-Series 500GB 2.5" Solid State Drive 
Storage: Samsung - 960 EVO 500GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive
Storage: Western Digital - Blue 2TB 3.5" 5400RPM Internal Hard Drive
Storage: Western Digital - BLACK SERIES 3TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive
Video Card: EVGA - 970 SSC ACX (1080 is in RMA)
Case: Fractal Design - Define R5 w/Window (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case
Power Supply: EVGA - SuperNOVA P2 750W with CableMod blue/black Pro Series
Optical Drive: LG - WH16NS40 Blu-Ray/DVD/CD Writer 
Operating System: Microsoft - Windows 10 Pro OEM 64-bit and Linux Mint Serena
Keyboard: Logitech - G910 Orion Spectrum RGB Wired Gaming Keyboard
Mouse: Logitech - G502 Wired Optical Mouse
Headphones: Logitech - G430 7.1 Channel  Headset
Speakers: Logitech - Z506 155W 5.1ch Speakers

Just now, Canada EH said:

Yes, because I cancelled it a minute after I bought it. Sent him an email. I guess he dont read no emails.

That's actually very possible. High-volume sellers typically only check their emails once or twice a day. It's not a scam. If anything, it's excellent service.

Aerocool DS are the best fans you've never tried.

Yes perhaps. That's reassuring I guess.

It should be a small item, its just a iphone 4S digitizer, so postage shouldnt be too much.

It was free shipping from him.

So when I email him, get the return policy, then do tracked shipping back to him which costs more $.

This will be a first for me.

I have done small fuck ups like this before, but the seller was always on the ball.

so you ordered something, the seller shipped that exact thing to you, you made a mistake and ordered the wrong item so now he's the scammer? looks more like you're the one at fault here for negligence.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X Heatsink: Gelid Phantom Black GPU: Palit RTX 3060 Ti Dual RAM: Corsair DDR4 2x8GB 3000Mhz mobo: Asus X570-P case: Fractal Design Define C PSU: Superflower Leadex Gold 650W

5 minutes ago, Canada EH said:

The guys a slickster.

well... two things:

- if they sell in large quantities (which.. iphone replacement parts ;)) they dont go in and check their emails for every sale

- they dont *have* to cancel if you've already pressed buy, it's your own damn fault for ordering the wrong thing in the first place.

Then why does ebay even have a cancel order button?

I cancelled the order a minute after I purchased it.

It was Friday evening so there is that. Not sure if postal outlets pick up on weekends, I doubt it. Def not Sunday.

so 2.5 days.

This is his return policy. So its an easy $5 for him, but that word "may". Atleast I got proof of the email :)

For an item that he bought in China for dollars, resells for $25. I just wanted it right away and was willing to pay a premium.

60 day money back, buyer pays return shipping, 20% restocking fee may apply See details

I will see how it goes, maybe give him zero stars for his $25 sale :) 

17 minutes ago, Canada EH said:

Then why does ebay even have a cancel order button?

I cancelled the order a minute after I purchased it.

It was Friday evening so there is that. Not sure if postal outlets pick up on weekends, I doubt it. Def not Sunday.

so 2.5 days.

This is his return policy. So its an easy $5 for him, but that word "may". Atleast I got proof of the email :)

For an item that he bought in China for dollars, resells for $25. I just wanted it right away and was willing to pay a premium.

I will see how it goes, maybe give him zero stars for his $25 sale :) 

You're going to blast him because he sent you exactly what you ordered in a timely fashion and held to his return policy when you screwed up? Dude, go away. Buyers like you are why eBay's gone to hell. 

The thing is, he only currently has 400 items all cell phone widgets.

So its a hobby business for the seller. In a very small town (pop. 5000) literally in the middle of no-where.

Judging by the feedback, the seller is very quick to criticize and makes assumptions as to what the seller did. Very odd.

I already got a feeling of this seller based on a handful of feedbacks.

Seems very suspicious to me.

Lots of contact us about it statements.

I dont feel good about this guy at all.

7 hours ago, Canada EH said:

The thing is, he only currently has 400 items all cell phone widgets.

So its a hobby business for the seller. In a very small town (pop. 5000) literally in the middle of no-where.

Judging by the feedback, the seller is very quick to criticize and makes assumptions as to what the seller did. Very odd.

I already got a feeling of this seller based on a handful of feedbacks.

Seems very suspicious to me.

Lots of contact us about it statements.

I dont feel good about this guy at all.

You haven't even talked to him yet! 

Moral of the story, double check before you click buy. Make sure you agree with the return policy. If you don't, but you buy anyway and something goes wrong, it's your own damn problem. Don't leave negative feedback because you screwed up and don't think the seller's return policy (which you agreed to) should apply to you. 

I will leave neutral or negative feedback, depending on how much it costs to return the item with tracking.

6 minutes ago, Canada EH said:

I will leave neutral or negative feedback, depending on how much it costs to return the item with tracking.

negative feedback for a mistake YOU made? because YOU didn't check the item and return policy properly? get lost, ebay doesn't need people like you around.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X Heatsink: Gelid Phantom Black GPU: Palit RTX 3060 Ti Dual RAM: Corsair DDR4 2x8GB 3000Mhz mobo: Asus X570-P case: Fractal Design Define C PSU: Superflower Leadex Gold 650W

6 hours ago, Canada EH said:

1. Order the wrong item. 

2. Expect the seller to spend time and money shipping you a replacement to fix your dumbass mistake. 

3. Instruct the seller the ignore the return policy that you agreed to or face negative feedback. 

4. Contribute to the continued flight of good, honest sellers from eBay, leaving shady volume dealers from China to fill the void. 

Seriously, I hope the seller keeps your emails and files a claim against you. They can do that and, at a minimum, your feedback will be removed. At most, your account will be suspended for running a scam. Because that's what you're doing. Running a scam. 

I wish we had neg rep. I'd go through this thread nailing every single post of yours with it. On the downside, assclown buyers like yourself are chasing good sellers away to smaller sites where seller protections are on par with buyers'. On the upside, once they hit those sites, they offer better prices and service because they know con artists like you won't get away with their assholery. I know where those sites are, so thanks for bringing down the price I'll pay for iPhone digitizers by 10% :D

Hey look man I do understand your problem but eBay seller who have a huge volume of items to send every day they don't check the emails every minute but a few times a day. I am one of them and I can speak of experience.

I don't see what's the problem. I paid for my mistakes few times, 2 in total, I paid for shipping to return the items, got refund every time. If it's my mistake and I ordered the wrong item, and the seller will refund me for an item that has passed literally the whole world, I can pay for my mistake. Won't happen again. 

The moment you pressed buy item, you agreed to his return policy, EULA of sorts, and in every single law/fils claim of whatever there is, you are wrong. You agreed to the terms of service. 

The ability to google properly is a skill of its own. 

I figured out that if he sends me the black digitizer that I will just buy a black sticker for the white case, perhaps make it look like carbon fiber rather then risk paint marking something. I actually prefer a black phone.

I took a look at my messages and the seller did not respond. Took him 2 days from my order to send it.

I thought maybe he would have perhaps changed the order to a white digitizer instead of black and messaged me.

And an added note, I dont see how he could have sent ANYTHING out on Thanksgiving Sunday.

Ebay has its quirks!!!! No doubt about that.

Either way the color "problem" is no big deal I guess.

This seller is not a good business man.

7 minutes ago, Canada EH said:

And an added note, I dont see how he could have sent ANYTHING out on Thanksgiving Sunday.

The shipped date includes telling USPS or FedEx to make a ticket.

Cor Caeruleus Reborn v6

Spoiler

CPU: Intel - Core i7-8700K

CPU Cooler: be quiet! - PURE ROCK 
Thermal Compound: Arctic Silver - 5 High-Density Polysynthetic Silver 3.5g Thermal Paste 
Motherboard: ASRock Z370 Extreme4
Memory: G.Skill TridentZ RGB 2x8GB 3200/14
Storage: Samsung - 850 EVO-Series 500GB 2.5" Solid State Drive 
Storage: Samsung - 960 EVO 500GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive
Storage: Western Digital - Blue 2TB 3.5" 5400RPM Internal Hard Drive
Storage: Western Digital - BLACK SERIES 3TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive
Video Card: EVGA - 970 SSC ACX (1080 is in RMA)
Case: Fractal Design - Define R5 w/Window (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case
Power Supply: EVGA - SuperNOVA P2 750W with CableMod blue/black Pro Series
Optical Drive: LG - WH16NS40 Blu-Ray/DVD/CD Writer 
Operating System: Microsoft - Windows 10 Pro OEM 64-bit and Linux Mint Serena
Keyboard: Logitech - G910 Orion Spectrum RGB Wired Gaming Keyboard
Mouse: Logitech - G502 Wired Optical Mouse
Headphones: Logitech - G430 7.1 Channel  Headset
Speakers: Logitech - Z506 155W 5.1ch Speakers

20 minutes ago, Canada EH said:

I figured out that if he sends me the black digitizer that I will just buy a black sticker for the white case, perhaps make it look like carbon fiber rather then risk paint marking something. I actually prefer a black phone.

I took a look at my messages and the seller did not respond. Took him 2 days from my order to send it.

I thought maybe he would have perhaps changed the order to a white digitizer instead of black and messaged me.

Ebay has its quirks!!!! No doubt about that.

Either way the color "problem" is no big deal I guess.

This seller is not a good business man.

The seller is a fine business man. You ordered the wrong item, he does not have to cancel it, and he allowed you to return it.

Dont leave negative feedback. As an ebay seller, just dont do it. The guy did everything right.

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

13 hours ago, Canada EH said:

I ordered a black digitizer and realized my 4S is white. The seller is from a different Alberta city.

I had just bought a iphone 5 and its black, it was in front of my when I made the 4S digitizer purchase.

I realized this moments after I purchased it.

I sent the seller an email right away to cancel order.

I look on my ebay summary now and its been sent.

What a scam that is!

My case for the 4S is white, so its not a matter of changing the back plate.

Maybe I can paint the case black in some paint wont come off and stain anything.

I got to be more careful buying shit on ebay.

The other seller I bought from is a local guy, and I thought I could do a free pickup which I did last week. But I did not see no option for that tonight.

It is clear to everyone that you don't understand the definition of "scam".  You just need to own up to your own mistakes.  Act like an adult.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 7800x3d  Motherboard:  Gigabyte B650 AORUS Elite  RAM:  Vengeance 2 x 16GB DDR5 6000   GPU:  Zotac RTX 4090

Storage:  M.2 Samsung Evo 860 TB / Samsung Evo 840 500GB   Case:  be quiet Dark Base 900   PSU: Corsair SHIFT RM1000x  Display:  ASUS AW3423DW QD-OLED 34" 3440x1440 Ultrawide w/ GSYNC