Mafia 3 benchmarked

Nothing like having an expensive and powerful PC get gimped by ports.

9900K  / Noctua NH-D15S / Z390 Aorus Master / 32GB DDR4 Vengeance Pro 3200Mhz / eVGA 2080 Ti Black Ed / Morpheus II Core / Meshify C / LG 27UK650-W / PS4 Pro / XBox One X

Glorious 30 fps! It's a good day to be a part of the Glorious PC Master Race!!! ....ugh. Why bother releasing it simultaneously with the console versions? I'm sure they'll get less flak if they released it a few days later in full working order, especially if the "fix" that they have is ready as soon as they claimed it to be.

14 hours ago, MVPernula said:

Swedish:

Green: Average
Red: Lowest

OMG THEY ARE SO FANBOY. THEY CLAIM AMD IS THE LOWEST!!!!!! FUCKING SWEDES DOING IT AGAIN!!!

<- disclaimer. Is norwegian. can criticize swedes all i want because its a cultural thing in scandinavia for us to hate on eachother.

hmm now they may unlock the framerate with the next pc patch but..

this also means that they have gone through the entire development and playtesting process without running the game at normal pc framerates. This means that they have not gone through the usual process of finding out what were the bottlenecks that prevented high fps scaling and then optimizing their code, retesting etc. Beyond trying to ensure it hits 30. So now i would not expect much simply by unlocking it.

this is such a giant clusterfuck. devs not properly supporting pc which causes console peasants to think consoles are just as good and thus limiting the pcmasterrace growth which then again lowers income for pc games and increases console income which then leads to devs giving better support to consoles again.

On 7.10.2016 at 11:24 AM, matrix07012 said:

3BR9JfSiZOp6E.gif

Great PC port.

*buys on launchday or in e-a* OHMYGERD BUGS OHMAGERD ITS NOT OPTIMIZED 

does anyone remember the gta5 launch? yea that was messy aswell , after 1.5 years of delays 

RyzenAir : AMD R5 3600 | AsRock AB350M Pro4 | 32gb Aegis DDR4 3000 | GTX 1070 FE | Fractal Design Node 804
RyzenITX : Ryzen 7 1700 | GA-AB350N-Gaming WIFI | 16gb DDR4 2666 | GTX 1060 | Cougar QBX 

PSU Tier list

4 minutes ago, Space Reptile said:

*buys on launchday or in e-a* OHMYGERD BUGS OHMAGERD ITS NOT OPTIMIZED 

does anyone remember the gta5 launch? yea that was messy aswell , after 1.5 years of delays 

Arguably, GTA V is still messy.

Judge a product on its own merits AND the company that made it.

How to setup MSI Afterburner OSD | How to make your AMD Radeon GPU more efficient with Radeon Chill | (Probably) Why LMG Merch shipping to the EU is expensive

Oneplus 6 (Early 2023 to present) | HP Envy 15" x360 R7 5700U (Mid 2021 to present) | Steam Deck (Late 2022 to present)

Mid 2023 AlTech Desktop Refresh - AMD R7 5800X (Mid 2023), XFX Radeon RX 6700XT MBA (Mid 2021), MSI X370 Gaming Pro Carbon (Early 2018), 32GB DDR4-3200 (16GB x2) (Mid 2022

Noctua NH-D15 (Early 2021), Corsair MP510 1.92TB NVMe SSD (Mid 2020), beQuiet Pure Wings 2 140mm x2 & 120mm x1 (Mid 2023),

3 hours ago, AluminiumTech said:

LOL what? GTA V is one of the best pc ports I have ever seen, that shit plays so smoothly on my system.

This made me laugh so fucking hard. I don't know why I expect something different.

Wishing leads to ambition and ambition leads to motivation and motivation leads to me building an illegal rocket ship in my backyard.

Where is the rum ? i am gonna need it :dry:

Let's agree to disagree

I spent 4 hours trying to hack the FPS cap but it just kept crashing. I found a few string references saying it caps the FPS after the level loads and also I found a command that allows you to modify the FPS limit but it doesn't work. Guess we gotta wait for the official patch :(

1 hour ago, SteveGrabowski0 said:

LOL what? GTA V is one of the best pc ports I have ever seen, that shit plays so smoothly on my system.

It's definitely a good port, but not the best it could've been.

tried to play gta5 on the ps3 just to see how 30fps feels now after a year of only pc gaming

tl;dr: my head hurts and i feel like i want to throw up, going to lay down on the bed for an hour or two

One day I will be able to play Monster Hunter Frontier in French/Italian/English on my PC, it's just a matter of time... 4 5 6 7 8 9 years later: It's finally coming!!!

Phones: iPhone 4S/SE | LG V10 | Lumia 920 | Samsung S24 Ultra

Laptops: Macbook Pro 15" (mid-2012) | Compaq Presario V6000

Other: Steam Deck

<>EVs are bad, they kill the planet and remove freedoms too some/<>

6 hours ago, SteveGrabowski0 said:

Good for you. For me, it lags unapologetically near mountainous terrain.

I can't get even close to high settings without dipping below 60fps.

Judge a product on its own merits AND the company that made it.

How to setup MSI Afterburner OSD | How to make your AMD Radeon GPU more efficient with Radeon Chill | (Probably) Why LMG Merch shipping to the EU is expensive

Oneplus 6 (Early 2023 to present) | HP Envy 15" x360 R7 5700U (Mid 2021 to present) | Steam Deck (Late 2022 to present)

Mid 2023 AlTech Desktop Refresh - AMD R7 5800X (Mid 2023), XFX Radeon RX 6700XT MBA (Mid 2021), MSI X370 Gaming Pro Carbon (Early 2018), 32GB DDR4-3200 (16GB x2) (Mid 2022

Noctua NH-D15 (Early 2021), Corsair MP510 1.92TB NVMe SSD (Mid 2020), beQuiet Pure Wings 2 140mm x2 & 120mm x1 (Mid 2023),

7 hours ago, AluminiumTech said:

Good for you. For me, it lags unapologetically near mountainous terrain.

I can't get even close to high settings without dipping below 60fps.

Well... he has a GTX 970, you have a 770.

On 2016-10-08 at 2:20 AM, Prysin said:

OMG THEY ARE SO FANBOY. THEY CLAIM AMD IS THE LOWEST!!!!!! FUCKING SWEDES DOING IT AGAIN!!!

<- disclaimer. Is norwegian. can criticize swedes all i want because its a cultural thing in scandinavia for us to hate on eachother.

How many Norwegians do you need to screw in a light bulb?

Answer: 3, 1 to hold the light bulb and 2 to spin the ladder.

26 minutes ago, HydraGaming said:

How many Norwegians do you need to screw in a light bulb?

Answer: 3, 1 to hold the light bulb and 2 to spin the ladder.

how many swedes do you need to peel a banana?

enough to impact norwegian unemployment rates

I  have been testing this game this morning, i can say that i am not impressed, for me the game runs around 50-70 fps on medium, but i can't turn vsync off and not got terrible tearing even with a Freesync panel....

In its current state its a terrible port and should be avoided.

----Ryzen R9 5900X----X570 Aorus elite----Vetroo V5----240GB Kingston HyperX 3k----Samsung 250GB EVO840----512GB Kingston Nvme----3TB Seagate----4TB Western Digital Green----8TB Seagate----32GB Patriot Viper 4 3200Mhz CL 16 ----Power Color Red dragon 5700XT----Fractal Design R4 Black Pearl ----Corsair RM850w----

23 hours ago, AluminiumTech said:

It was initially a bit sketchy for me, mostly with crashes, but Rockstar fixed it pretty quickly. Not perfect, though with a game that size it probably never going to be, but closer than most devs manage these days with smaller less feature laden games. They definitely learnt from GTA4s troubled PC release, though give them their due they did fix 4 in the end.

I'm so disappointed in Mafia 3. There aren't many open world, pretend to be a gangster games, and I'm worried that M3 will never get to the point of un-brokenness that will make it worth buying.

8 minutes ago, zMeul said:

reminds me of the GTA IV vs GTA V video 

RyzenAir : AMD R5 3600 | AsRock AB350M Pro4 | 32gb Aegis DDR4 3000 | GTX 1070 FE | Fractal Design Node 804
RyzenITX : Ryzen 7 1700 | GA-AB350N-Gaming WIFI | 16gb DDR4 2666 | GTX 1060 | Cougar QBX 

PSU Tier list

1 minute ago, Space Reptile said:

reminds me of the GTA IV vs GTA V video 

even the 1st mafia game had better physics - 14y ago!

12 minutes ago, zMeul said:

When the GTX 1080 can't hit 60fps average at 1080p on High settings, you know that's a pretty abysmal port.

Seriously, you shouldn't require a GPU costing north of a grand to run this game at 1080p on High. Either they fix this game really fast or the PC gaming community is NOT going to like Mafia 3.

Project White Lightning (My ITX Gaming PC): Core i5-4690K | CRYORIG H5 Ultimate | ASUS Maximus VII Impact | HyperX Savage 2x8GB DDR3 | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | WD Black 1TB | Sapphire RX 480 8GB NITRO+ OC | Phanteks Enthoo EVOLV ITX | Corsair AX760 | LG 29UM67 | CM Storm Quickfire Ultimate | Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum | HyperX Cloud II | Logitech Z333

Benchmark Results: 3DMark Firestrike: 10,528 | SteamVR VR Ready (avg. quality 7.1) | VRMark 7,004 (VR Ready)

Other systems I've built:

Core i3-6100 | CM Hyper 212 EVO | MSI H110M ECO | Corsair Vengeance LPX 1x8GB DDR4  | ADATA SP550 120GB | Seagate 500GB | EVGA ACX 2.0 GTX 1050 Ti | Fractal Design Core 1500 | Corsair CX450M

Core i5-4590 | Intel Stock Cooler | Gigabyte GA-H97N-WIFI | HyperX Savage 2x4GB DDR3 | Seagate 500GB | Intel Integrated HD Graphics | Fractal Design Arc Mini R2 | be quiet! Pure Power L8 350W

I am not a professional. I am not an expert. I am just a smartass. Don't try and blame me if you break something when acting upon my advice.

...why are you still reading this?

2 minutes ago, zMeul said:

even the 1st mafia game had better physics - 14y ago!

the glass shard stuff and some other things are PHYSX only tho , esp the smoke only works on Nvidia cards , the PS4 and Xbone are AMD 

im still shocked how much better M2 is , M3´s navigation system tho is brilliant  the street sign thing , love that 

PSU Tier list

Just now, ThinkWithPortals said:

When the GTX 1080 can't hit 60fps average at 1080p on High settings, you know that's a pretty abysmal port.

Seriously, you shouldn't require a GPU costing north of a grand to run this game at 1080p on High. Either they fix this game really fast or the PC gaming community is NOT going to like Mafia 3.

PC gaming community already bought the game - bunch of morons, really -_-