GTX 780Ti - NVİDİA's Newest and Fastest GPU Ever.

While I'm not PRO-Nvidia

SPECULATING TIME (For those who love to reply "You don't know if true, stfu")

How long do you think they can keep the Titan at $1000 for?

Maybe they are "killing" the Titan name off "down the track" to keep the name for a later release...and this card is a distraction from the TOP TOP end.

Keep the Titan name for the fully unlocked GK110 or dualGPU or another GPGPU Beast

Hopefully,...780TI replaces the Titan on shelves and gives that performance to the masses (lower price, plenty of GPU memory still)

Remember, speculation.

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz

AMD announces a 290X, performs slightly better than a 780 and everyone fucking loves it.

NVIDIA announces a 780ti, performs slightly better than a 780 and everyone fucking hates it.

Dat NVIDIA hate bandwagon, everyone is jumping on it these days.

So the R290x is incredibly exciting and the GTX 780 Ti isn't :D ?

well no i mean if it beats it in performance then yeah it'll be exciting. And i'm more excited about the technologies AMD is bringing to the table that are built into the new R200 series and in their software then a new GPU. I always find the saying we have the fastest GPU on the market and then the competitor comes out with a card 5% faster and says No now WE have the fastest card. The leap frogging is boring the exciting stuff I think is the price/performance battles at the entry-mid end cards. But look at me talking about midranged cards when i got a 780 : P

My Rig "Corsair air 540, MSI Z87-G45, i5 4670k, EVGA ACX 780, Gskill sniper 2x8gb 1866 memory, Corsair CX500m modular 80+ bronze, corsiar h100i, toshiba 1.5tb HDD." / Peripherals "Acer H226HQLbid Black 21.5" (Main monitor), Acer S200HLAbd Black 20" (auxiliary), Razer blackwidow ultimate 2013, razer naga 2013, razer goliathus 444x355 speed edition, Sennheiser HD8 DJs"

well no i mean if it beats it in performance then yeah it'll be exciting. And i'm more excited about the technologies AMD is bringing to the table that are built into the new R200 series and in their software then a new GPU. I always find the saying we have the fastest GPU on the market and then the competitor comes out with a card 5% faster and says No now WE have the fastest card. The leap frogging is boring the exciting stuff I think is the price/performance battles at the entry-mid end cards. But look at me talking about midranged cards when i got a 780 : P

I actually think NVIDIA is bringing more exciting technologies to the table with G-sync, shadowplay and new features for PhysX. Just my opinion.

AMD announces a 290X, performs slightly better than a 780 and everyone fucking loves it.

NVIDIA announces a 780ti, performs slightly better than a 780 and everyone fucking hates it.

Dat NVIDIA hate bandwagon, everyone is jumping on it these days.

Assuming for a moment that the full suite of 4K benches posted in other threads are correct the 290x averages out to a little under 30% better than the 780, that is more than slightly. The difference between the 780 and the Titan is less than 10%. A Nvidia card performing between the 780 and the Titan is worthless with the tiny performance gap that already exists. If the 780TI only beats the 780 and not the Titan it will be a major disappointment. If it's just a lower priced Titan it will be kind of "meh" as well.

Assuming for a moment that the full suite of 4K benches posted in other threads are correct the 290x averages out to a little under 30% better than the 780, that is more than slightly. The difference between the 780 and the Titan is less than 10%. A Nvidia card performing between the 780 and the Titan is worthless with the tiny performance gap that already exists. If the 780TI only beats the 780 and not the Titan it will be a major disappointment. If it's just a lower priced Titan it will be kind of "meh" as well.

From looking at the benchmarks that AMD ran that are posted over many sites on average it gets about 10% better performance than the 780 running 2560x1440 on AMD gaming evolved optimized titles. Also, I was under the impression the 780ti is going to perform better than the titan, it having more cuda cores and all, it's like the Titan, but it's actually a GK110 running at it's full potential and not gimped.

From looking at the benchmarks that AMD ran that are posted over many sites on average it gets about 10% better performance than the 780 running 2560x1440 on AMD gaming evolved optimized titles. Also, I was under the impression the 780ti is going to perform better than the titan, it having more cuda cores and all, it's like the Titan, but it's actually a GK110 running at it's full potential and not gimped.

Thats why I mentioned the other 4K benches posted by another site. They have been posted in a few threads. Quite frankly, the two benches AMD allowed mean really nothing for various reasons. The big one being that AMD were showing them off to the press and only allowing those two benches and nothing more. As for the 780TI, there are no specs. Anything about it is pure speculation. I was going off what you were saying about it being slightly better than the 780 and explaining why that is a bad thing. For it to really be something great the 780TI is going to need to beat the Titan by a pretty good percantage and be cheaper than it.

Lol some people on here astound me, why on early would they release a card to match 290x when the 780 and titan do that, they'll just drop them to that price range, have this card be twice as good, and be 1000$. 

Heaven's Society - Like Anime? Check us Out Here!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Lol some people on here astound me, why on early would they release a card to match 290x when the 780 and titan do that, they'll just drop them to that price range, have this card be twice as good, and be 1000$. 

Twice as good? You are crazy if you think they can pull 100% more performance out of their hat with current parts.

Twice as good? You are crazy if you think they can pull 100% more performance out of their hat with current parts.

If not with this 780TI they will with the titan ultra, or the 880 they're releasing in Q1.

And obviously not a 200% preformance rate compared. It'll be 1.5x better for sure. With about 200$ more.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If not with this 780TI they will with the titan ultra, or the 880 they're releasing in Q1.

And obviously not a 200% preformance rate compared. It'll be 1.5x better for sure. With about 200$ more.

The 780TI is likely the rumored Titan Ultra.

At this point, I don't expect to see Maxwell until at least Q2. Nvidia wants to go 20nm and I just don't see TSMC being able to put out enough chips quickly enough for it to launch in Q1. Nvidia launching a counter to the 290x makes me doubt it a little more.

1.5x is a 50% improvement. I doubt even that. I would expect at most Nvidia will be able to pull another 20% out of the Titan. They should just phase out the Titan and put out the 780TI at $700 (or less, if they lower the price of the 780).

The 780TI is likely the rumored Titan Ultra.

At this point, I don't expect to see Maxwell until at least Q2. Nvidia wants to go 20nm and I just don't see TSMC being able to put out enough chips quickly enough for it to launch in Q1. Nvidia launching a counter to the 290x makes me doubt it a little more.

1.5x is a 50% improvement. I doubt even that. I would expect at most Nvidia will be able to pull another 20% out of the Titan. They should just phase out the Titan and put out the 780TI at $700 (or less, if they lower the price of the 780).

I think the titan, because of it's inclusion in the new steam machines, has already had a large internal price drop, and hasn't gone public with it yet. I've heard separate rumors about the two of them,  I'm curious to see if there will be a TU, I was expecting a 770TI to be honest. I think the Q1 will be announcement spec release and testing, and sales will begin early Q2, but you never know sometimes. If they really want to put all of their new tech into the early launch they'd be able to pull off 40% increase with a TU if it's 1000$ like when the titan was released, but if they don't I'd agree that 20% would be 880, and it'll be 100$ more then the 290x if i had to guess.

I actually think NVIDIA is bringing more exciting technologies to the table with G-sync, shadowplay and new features for PhysX. Just my opinion.

I think it's an apples and oranges thing they are all doing cool things that affect different parts of the market. I think AMD is just working on cooler long term technologies than nvidia. 

My Rig "Corsair air 540, MSI Z87-G45, i5 4670k, EVGA ACX 780, Gskill sniper 2x8gb 1866 memory, Corsair CX500m modular 80+ bronze, corsiar h100i, toshiba 1.5tb HDD." / Peripherals "Acer H226HQLbid Black 21.5" (Main monitor), Acer S200HLAbd Black 20" (auxiliary), Razer blackwidow ultimate 2013, razer naga 2013, razer goliathus 444x355 speed edition, Sennheiser HD8 DJs"

Interesting that NVIDIA is coming out "guns blazing" detailing a crap load of cool new features and even a new GPU. Maybe the 290X is going to be a game changer. Its possible with NVIDIA out of the console market completely they are just going full force in the PC domain to make sure they don't let AMD take that too.

The 780 is a cut cut cut down Titan, the 780ti is a cut down Titan, the Titan is the Titan.

Ugh my brain.

CoolerMaster CM 690 II Basic | Intel i7-2600 | CoolerMaster Hyper 212+ 2x Zotac GTX 1070 AMP! Edition

Asus P8Z77-V LK | 2 x 4GB Kingston HyperX DDR3 1600MHz CL9 | SeaSonic M12ii 850W 80+ Bronze Crucial M4 128GB

hang on a second if this 780 ti is coming out what about the gtx 880 when it comes this really makes me wonder about the performance of that beast.

all i can say is

GTX 780 TI FTW

OR

GTX TITAN ULTRA FTW

OR

R9 290X FTW

OR

MEAOW :3

yeah im going with

:

meaow :33

Real programmers don't document, if it was hard to write, it should be hard to understand.
I've learned that something constructive comes from every defeat.

790 or GTFO.

Funny how the first generation where I go mini-ITX and only have 1 PCIe lane to work with, everyone and their dog is taking A MILLION YEARS to bring out the dual-gpu card.

In case the moderators do not ban me as requested, this is a notice that I have left and am not coming back.

They say it's designed for 4K so I don't think it's gonna be weaker than a Titan. It's probably going to be the most powerful GPU you can get but it will cost a lot.

(\__/)

(='.'=)

(")_(")  GTX 1070 5820K 500GB Samsung EVO SSD 1TB WD Green 16GB of RAM Corsair 540 Air Black EVGA Supernova 750W Gold  Logitech G502 Fiio E10 Wharfedale Diamond 220 Yamaha A-S501 Lian Li Fan Controller NHD-15 KBTalking Keyboard

Suggestions?

780 SB = slightly better or

780 AtS = almost the same or

780 XS = xtremely similar

My PC CPU: 2600K@4.5GHz 1.3v Cooler: Noctua NH-U12P SE2 MB: ASUS Maximus IV RAM: Kingston 1600MHz 8GB & Corsair 1600MHz 16GB GPU: 780Ti Storage: Samsung 850 Evo 500GB SSD, Samsung 830 256GB SSD, Kingston 128GB SSD, WD Black 1TB,WD Green 1TB. PSU: Corsair AX850 Case: CM HAF X. Optical drive: LG Bluray burner  MacBook Pro, Hackintosh

780 SB = slightly better or

780 AtS = almost the same or

780 XS = xtremely similar

Like that sounds sarcastic IMO. I don't mind the Ti branding to be honest, i find it to be catchy.

A water-cooled mid-tier gaming PC.

So its kinda a step closer to a titan.....

i5 4440, 8GB 1600 mhz, Gigabyte Z87X-UD3H, SX900 128gb SSD, 850w 80+ Gold, FD R4, 270

Well hopefully this will give AMD something to complain about. I definitely won't have the money for it ( or the original 780 for that matter ), but I do like that it adds to the competition, since other than that I don't really see how other than being there that this will really make any kind of difference besides MOAR POWA

"Her tsundere ratio is 8:2. So don't think you could see her dere side so easily."

Planing to make you debut here on the forums? Read Me First!

unofficial LTT Anime Club Heaven Society

http://www.geforce.com/whats-new/articles/introducing-nvidias-latest-extreme-performance-graphics-card

guys click this link than stick your mouse in that GPU pic (gosh :D) a note will pop up ''NVidia's Newest and Fastest Graphics Card Ever'' i guess this means it is faster than TİTAN right?

He is the hero this forum deserves but not the one it needs right now.So we'll hunt him because he can take it because he is not our hero he is a silent guardian 

a watchful protector A Dark Knight

http://www.geforce.com/whats-new/articles/introducing-nvidias-latest-extreme-performance-graphics-card

if you click this link and put your mouse on the picture it will say ''NVİDİA's Newest and Fastest GPU Ever.'' so that probably means it is fastter than TİTAN but than when you consider TİTAN beign 1000$ are they going to take the prices down and make this the new 1000$ card ? my mind... it requires more cookies x.x

He is the hero this forum deserves but not the one it needs right now.So we'll hunt him because he can take it because he is not our hero he is a silent guardian 

a watchful protector A Dark Knight