Digital Homicide sues 100 STEAM users and subpoenas ValvE for their personal information

source: https://www.vg247.com/2016/09/16/digital-homicide-suing-steam-users-and-subpoenaes-valve-for-their-personal-details/

hold on to your tinfoil hats because this is gonna hurt xD

remember Jim Sterling (real name James Stanton) going after a game called Slaughtering Grounds?

the developers sued Sterling claiming 10 million $ in damages for falsely accusing them and causing damage to their company

well, that's not all; today it has been discovered that Digital Homicide is going after 100 users who posted comments on their STEAM's games page

According to these court documents provided by Sid Alpha who talks more about this in the video above, the brothers are also suing 100 Steam users and have subpoenaed Valve in order to get these people’s personal information.

James Romine is now after $18 million dollars in this personal injury suit.

Digital Homicide committing digital suicide

---

funny thing is you can change your STEAM name, and these morons have listed some of the names in the court documents

if they don't go for their STEAM ID, they have none to sue

---

update 17th of September: http://techraptor.net/content/digital-homicides-games-removed-steam

ValvE removed all their games from the STEAM store; Doug Lombardi said:

Valve has stopped doing business with Digital Homicide for being hostile to Steam customers.

---

update 18th of September - Digital Homicide responds: http://www.digitalhomicide.ninja/

First i'd like to briefly respond to Doug Lombardi's official statement about Digital Homicide and its owners.  I'd like to give some context to his offficial statement "Valve has stopped doing business with Digital Homicide for being hostile to Steam customers." What has actually transpired was a lack of resolution from Steam in regards to moderation of their platform which might sound like a tough job to do, but coming from a company that brags its profitability per employee is higher than google, it just shows a reckless disregard for for the well being of their community for profits.  We submitted numerous reports and sent multiple emails in regards to individuals making personal attacks, harassment, and more on not only us but on other Steam customers who were actually interested in our products.  The lawsuit that was submitted in regards to a handful of Steam users has been labeled by the media and now by Doug Lombardi's(a Valve representative) statement as "being hostile to Steam users" in general which is incorrect.  The lawsuit recently filed is solely in regards to individuals where no resolution was able to be obtained from Steam to provide a safe environment for us to conduct business. 

thy list an example where the user in question crossed the line

Spoiler

ebe80e_b68f47027a114ef8bc36b1c784cc3749~

---

update 3rd of October

well, boys and girls .. Digital Homicide has indeed committed digital suicide: https://techraptor.net/content/digital-homicide-dismiss-steam-users - Digital Homicide is no more!

the suit against the 100 STEAM users was pulled (without prejudice) because they don't have any more funds to pursue it: https://techraptor.net/wp-content/uploads/2016/09/Digital-Homicide-Dismiss-Case.png

The case dismissal was only due to financial reasons caused by the removal of our games. I believe the case was very solid. There were in excess of 140 false statements by the 11 steam users, tens of thousands of posts harassing myself and my customers, three direct interference with written contracts with third parties by steam users (some of which were competitors), and much more. A combined in excess of 25 reports were filed against the worst users of the 11 with no resolutions being found.
[…]

As far as digital homicide? It’s destroyed. It’s been stomped into the ground from a thousand directions and use is discontinued. I’m going back into the work force and watching what’s really going on. Not gaming media gossip – the real stories are in the legal documents. Not talking about mine.

the case against Jim Fucking Sterling son! is also looking in the direction of dismissal 

Sterling case waits for dismissal decision. No other comment on this.

Edited by zMeul

I cant wait to watch jim talk about this 

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

913.gif

Main Rig - AMD Ryzen 1800X @ 3.9 - NZXT Kraken X62 - MSI X370 SLI PLUS - G.Skill TRIDENT Z RGB 16GB 2667MHz - 2 x Gigabyte GeForce GTX1080 WindForce OC - NZXT S340 (Purple-White) - OCZ 120GB, Seagate 1TB - Corsair RM750i 80+ Gold - SAMSUNG S24D590 24", HP L1950g - Logitech G810 Orion Spectrum - Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum - Creative Cambridge Sound Works + two random Philips speakers, Logitech G430 headset - Win 10 Pro x64

Retro Gaming PC - ASUS T3

Server - HP ProLiant DL380 G6(Currently assembling it) - 2 x Intel Xeon E5520 2.26GHz 8MB Quad Core Processor

NAS - Zyxel NSA320S 2 x Seagate Constellation ES 2TB(RAID1) - QNAP TS-212 1 x 500GB

-=Logitech FanBoiiiiiiii=-

I love NZXT as well <3

This is like patent trolling, but a billion times funnier because they don't have a chance in hell. Bwhahahahahaha!

Remember kids, the only difference between screwing around and science is writing it down. - Adam Savage

PHOΞNIX Ryzen 5 1600 @ 3.75GHz | Corsair LPX 16Gb DDR4 @ 2933 | MSI B350 Tomahawk | Sapphire RX 480 Nitro+ 8Gb | Intel 535 120Gb | Western Digital WD5000AAKS x2 | Cooler Master HAF XB Evo | Corsair H80 + Corsair SP120 | Cooler Master 120mm AF | Corsair SP120 | Icy Box IB-172SK-B | OCZ CX500W | Acer GF246 24" + AOC <some model> 21.5" | Steelseries Apex 350 | Steelseries Diablo 3 | Steelseries Syberia RAW Prism | Corsair HS-1 | Akai AM-A1

D.VA coming soon™ xoxo

Sapphire Acer Aspire 1410 Celeron 743 | 3Gb DDR2-667 | 120Gb HDD | Windows 10 Home x32

Vault Tec Celeron 420 | 2Gb DDR2-667 | Storage pending | Open Media Vault

gh0st Asus K50IJ T3100 | 2Gb DDR2-667 | 40Gb HDD | Ubuntu 17.04

Diskord Apple MacBook A1181 Mid-2007 Core2Duo T7400 @2.16GHz | 4Gb DDR2-667 | 120Gb HDD | Windows 10 Pro x32

Firebird//Phoeniix FX-4320 | Gigabyte 990X-Gaming SLI | Asus GTS 450 | 16Gb DDR3-1600 | 2x Intel 535 250Gb | 4x 10Tb Western Digital Red | 600W Segotep custom refurb unit | Windows 10 Pro x64 // offisite backup and dad's PC

Saint Olms Apple iPhone 6 16Gb Gold

Archon Microsoft Lumia 640 LTE

Gulliver Nokia Lumia 1320

Werkfern Nokia Lumia 520

Hydromancer Acer Liquid Z220

This is so unbelievable to me that I want to make sure I understand- a couple of game devs made a game that got negative feedback, and now they're suing? do they not know that they will bankrupt themselves in legal fees??? Dumbasses

******If you paste in text into your post, please click the "remove formatting" button for night theme users.******

CPU- Intel 6700k OC to 4.69 Ghz GPU- NVidia Geforce GTX 970 (MSI) RAM- 16gb DDR4 2400 SSD-2x500gb samsung 850 EVO(SATA) Raid 0 HDD- 2tb Seagate Case- H440 Red w/ custom lighting Motherboard - MSI Z170 Gaming A OS- Windows 10 Mouse- Razer Naga Epic Chroma, Final Mouse 2016 turney proKeyboard- Corsair k70 Cherry MX brown

Just now, bgibbz said:

This is so unbelievable to me that I want to make sure I understand- a couple of game devs made a game that got negative feedback, and now they're suing? do they not know that they will bankrupt themselves in legal fees??? Dumbasses

Ayy same state ( I live north of chicago) but yeah they are really stupid. 

So first they made the poor decision to try and fight the Internet.

Then they tripped over their own shoe lace by listing Steam names instead of Steam ID.

I don't believe Valve even stores personal information of their customers other than payment information. You can change your location, Steam name, and real name fields on your Steam profile freely at any time.

1 minute ago, Paytend01 said:

Ayy same state ( I live north of chicago) but yeah they are really stupid. 

Nice I also live north of Chicago lol

******If you paste in text into your post, please click the "remove formatting" button for night theme users.******

CPU- Intel 6700k OC to 4.69 Ghz GPU- NVidia Geforce GTX 970 (MSI) RAM- 16gb DDR4 2400 SSD-2x500gb samsung 850 EVO(SATA) Raid 0 HDD- 2tb Seagate Case- H440 Red w/ custom lighting Motherboard - MSI Z170 Gaming A OS- Windows 10 Mouse- Razer Naga Epic Chroma, Final Mouse 2016 turney proKeyboard- Corsair k70 Cherry MX brown

2 minutes ago, revsilverspine said:

This is like patent trolling, but a billion times funnier because they don't have a chance in hell. Bwhahahahahaha!

The problem with this is not that they can't win - that's a given.

It's that they're going to waste the time and money of Jim, and potentially up to 100 steam users, while they get legal representation and defend themselves.

They might well win back legal fees, but they will still have to take time out of their schedule, perhaps take time off work, perhaps hire a lawyer out of pocket, before it gets ruled on. And court cases can take months or years to resolve.

This is nothing but a pain in the ass for everyone involved.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

1 minute ago, bgibbz said:

Nice I also live north of Chicago lol

I live near Rockford (Eww) lol

2 minutes ago, nobelharvards said:

So first they made the poor decision to try and fight the Internet.

Then they tripped over their own shoe lace by listing Steam names instead of Steam ID.

I don't believe Valve even stores personal information of their customers other than payment information. You can change your location, Steam name, and real name fields on your Steam profile freely at any time.

I have no doubt that in the Valve Database, they have every piece of information you've ever set stored. Including any and all name's you've had or changed to.

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

2 minutes ago, dalekphalm said:

The problem with this is not that they can't win - that's a given.

It's that they're going to waste the time and money of Jim, and potentially up to 100 steam users, while they get legal representation and defend themselves.

They might well win back legal fees, but they will still have to take time out of their schedule, perhaps take time off work, perhaps hire a lawyer out of pocket, before it gets ruled on. And court cases can take months or years to resolve.

This is nothing but a pain in the ass for everyone involved.

with the Jim Sterling suit they used funds from the crowd funding campaign, when that was discovered they represented themselves

Because criticizing a bad product is slander, right?!

Spoiler

CPU:Intel Xeon X5660 @ 4.2 GHz RAM:6x2 GB 1600MHz DDR3 MB:Asus P6T Deluxe GPU:Asus GTX 660 TI OC Cooler:Akasa Nero 3

SSD:OCZ Vertex 3 120 GB HDD:2x640 GB WD Black Fans:2xCorsair AF 120 PSU:Seasonic 450 W 80+ Case:Thermaltake Xaser VI MX OS:Windows 10
Speakers:Altec Lansing MX5021 Keyboard:Razer Blackwidow 2013 Mouse:Logitech MX Master Monitor:Dell U2412M Headphones: Logitech G430

Big thanks to Damikiller37 for making me an awesome Intel 4004 out of trixels!

14 minutes ago, Sakkura said:

These jokers just don't know when to quit, do they. 

They will when they see the cout bill

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

3 minutes ago, zMeul said:

with the Jim Sterling suit they used funds from the crowd funding campaign, when that was discovered they represented themselves

They still need to take time out of their day, which depending on what kind of life they live (how old they are, if they're employed, how much money they make, etc), it could still cost them significant amounts of lost income.

Also, does that crowd funding campaign cover the legal defense of the 100 Steam users, or just Jim?

Just now, dalekphalm said:

Also, does that crowd funding campaign cover the legal defense of the 100 Steam users, or just Jim?

that crowd funding campaign was for the game they were making, not for the suit xD

and Jim is covered by his channel affiliation, he can send "his" lawyer 

4 minutes ago, zMeul said:

that crowd funding campaign was for the game they were making, not for the suit xD

and Jim is covered by his channel affiliation, he can send "his" lawyer 

Oh you're talking about the Game Devs? I'm not talking about that at all. I'm talking about the innocent Steam Users who got caught up in this. They're the ones that are potentially gonna get screwed by this, even if they win and recover legal fees.